Sufiyana Pyaar Mera

The fishes in the fish tank!

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM~ My Musings~ 28.5.19~ Fishes in the fish tank

The fishes in the tank at Syed Ghazi Shah mansion has often held my attention. The fishes swim and dart about endlessly. Holding many dreams and sentiments that remain contained within the boundaries of the aquarium. Symbolically fishes in a fish tank relate to dreams that remain repressed. 

My mind tells me that there are fishes who desire the Ghazi legacy to be passed on to them. Dadi dreams of Humza becoming the heir. Humza is the fish that always held  warm repressed emotions for Kainat. The visiting relative, Mamoon Shah also  fans his repressed desires of claiming the inheritance that rightfully belongs to him. Zaroon Shah, too nurtures his Sufiyana love ! desires Saltanat  openly. Only Saltanat is one fish who  represses her emotions, from the rest of the tank!  As for the current antagonist of the story, Kainat.She lived a meditative life.. up until, she first began to dream of a foreigner chosen for her. Her dream carries on, only now she is less reflective and more active in achieving her dream.

References also show a fish also relates to fertility, health, abundance, creativity ..serenity ,intelligence and joy. No doubt Mainjaan equates his family with each of the above mentioned.  The fact That a fish connects to the water element too, it represents the profound awareness of the unconsciousness and the higher self.. this feature ties it rather neatly with the Sufiyana segement of the title and ambience of Mainjaan’s family of the Shahs..

However Mainjaan’s fishes, all have their specific features although they all may dream!  Some have  eyes that prefer to perhaps ignore reality as they see it. Nadeem ignores Kainat’s rather telling phone call to the kidnapper.Does he genuinely feel for his dead brother’s daughter? But then there are other eyes, that look through a suspect, and vow that he will be watching Kainat. as he see something fishy about her. Another fish! joins heads with Rubina and both work out who would benefit most from the kidnapping of Mainjaan. Ghazala who is taken to be as simple, inept like, a fish! Both conclude with the glass globe in hand; put together the kidnapper's motives.. to prevent marriage between Zaroonand Saltanat.Prevent Mainjaan from hearing Kainat’s confession!

Zaroon, I see, needs any excuse to show his Sufiyana love for Kainat by touching her.. where he wipes her tears in thepolice jeep . Being tactile clearly carries some deeper mysticism in his love  for her. Once again he reinforces they work well as a team. Reinforces ,themselves as a  handsome , positive couple!

The episode more or less clarifies yet again, the virtuous couple Zaroon and his Sufiyana love Saltanat. They both launch an attack to retrieve Mainjaan. Kainat is the evil deceiver  who on the outset is timid and withdrawn. But really as Mamoon, Rubina and Ghazala conclude ,may well be the cold- blooded kidnapper. Painstakingly, many scenes and interactions between characters, show that Kainat stands very little chance of saving herself from being tagged by the whole family as one rotten fish that contaminates the whole tank! A girl who can subject herself  to a blazing fire for Zaroon’s sake, can even hatch and conduct the kidnapping of Mainjaan a man with no known enemies. But beware of the enemy from within the family! Is Kainat the only shady one?

Kainat, falls prey to the classic saying, that a criminal always leaves a clue behind that incriminates  her. Incidentally, what gives them the right to intrude and pry into another’s room and belongings? very sly and quite appalling!.Ghazala and Rubina like two detectives decide to frisk her room for evidence.  Both women, I find quite ruthless in their mindset to condemn Kainat ,not  just in this instance, but on previous occasions too. These two also work as a team, to tarnish both Zainab and her daughter Kainat. All because they too support ,their children in to getting married.

Where on one side we see a trio Ghazala,Rubina and Mamoon with guns aimed at Kainat. On the other side Zaroon emerges as a strong example of both brains and brawn. I find it amusing how  during police presence he roughs up the kidnapper.. it’s to my relief, all a figment of Kainat’s imagination!  She recalls how Zaroon beat the very man before too! worst still both Saltanat and Zaroon seem to know him from before too!

Kainat can sense that soon she just  might end of like a fish out of water. Her greatest fear is ,quite rightly too, the situation if  her  pressurized kidnapper  identifies her as the one who he took orders from!  The whole family will do away with her! condemn her to be one cold fish who shows no emotions for her kin.. the ingrate girl who half given the chance even turned against the big fish Mainjaan!Who held her closest to his heart!

The finale scene sums up the once mousey girl..still can makes use of a situation to suit her own needs .For she has better fish to fry! Destroy the person who may land her in deep waters.

Kianat  once again tells a fish lie! Alludes that she shot the kidnapper  point blank  from the police’s  borrowed gun! Kainat gives all the false impression that she shot the kidnapper for harming Zaroon! But I would rather believe that she attempts murder, to save her own skin rather than impress her obsessive love for Zaroon. The funny bit is , Zaroon is forced to think,  that she would even go to the extent of killing that someone, who  inflicted bodily harm on him. He wonders her fixation for him makes her carry out incredible feats.. will Zaroon use her for his future gains? like fulfilling his father's dream?

But as for me, I’d rather believe, she did it to save number one! what will become of Kainat? remains to be seen. However the creatives want her removed out of Ghazi Shah mansion, for Sufiyana love to flower between  the visitor and the girl from back home. Will Kainat be allowed by her family to go behind bars? The shooting alludes to  self defence! Kill the man before he stiches her up. Zaroon’s line Kainat merely uses for dramatic side effects.. to wind up all who conspire against her. if you ask me the whole family seems to treat her as a nearly dead fish  out of the waters.

Have to say the episode left a slight  bad taste in my mouth. The concerted efforts of the CV’s to make Kainat dark as sin, seems slightly  deliberate  and rather sad  she has to have some good in her. My wish is to see Kainat give up Zaroon! with the belief that there are plenty more fish in the ocean ..29.5.19 hamlet53 .

thanks, Lonelythots, Irshita, Mishfan for supporting my work and the show.. much lovely hammie

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

I liked a few things in the episode but they were all eclipsed by the dislike for the Kainaat shooting scene. Maybe CVs were going to a shock factor or wanted to show her madness for junoon but it did not work. In a matter of 5 episodes, she goes from a girl suffering from unrequited love to a murderer. This transition is unbelievable and distasteful.

The CVs should have given some background on this girl and her nefarious activities prior to her building the Zaroon Shrine in her heart.  She has a past and connections that her family is not aware of - obvious from the incident outside the salon. There is no way she could hire a kidnapper on a whim and then shoot the kidnapper in cold blood with a police gun. I don't think she is psychotic as she is in full control of her actions.

I agree she shot the kidnapper to save her own skin. Zaroon is just the icing on the cake. 

I liked Rubina and Ghazala scene, especially that Rubina couldn't think of Kainaat as the kidnapper but was partly influenced by Ghazala and partly her own strong desire to get Kainaat out of her daughter's way. 

I also like the overall genuine concern in the family for Miajaan. He is truly the thread holding the whole family together. 

There were lots of fissures in the family relationships before Mamoon/Zaroon showed up, which were around the girls' upbringing. There was no competition for the dargah inheritance as it was assumed to be Kainaat's husband's right. Since Nadeem took over the responsibility of the dargah, the inheritance has become complicated. I don't think Rubina is interested in Dargah itself but she knows that Maamoon and Ghazala will not accept Sultanat without the inheritance. From my POV - the fight within the family is still about the girls - which one is better and will get the prize i.e. Zaroon. Dargah is just the dowry. 

Humza and family have become the casualty of Kainaat negative avatar and seem to be sidelined. Plus they have no standing to go against Miajaan.

I hope they introduce a new male lead soon - since everyone says this is swaragini version 2. Zaroon getting touchy-feely with Sultanat is ewww! I don't why but I just don't like it. 

Edited by Irshita - 4 years ago
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by Irshita,

hellooo there, Irshita.. so pleased you here to share your thoughts about yesterday's bit of an action packed episode

I liked a few things in the episode but they were all eclipsed by the dislike for the Kainaat shooting scene. Maybe CVs were going to a shock factor or wanted to show her madness for junoon but it did not work. In a matter of 5 episodes, she goes from a girl suffering from unrequited love to a murderer. This transition is unbelievable and distasteful.

well glad to hear that me is not the only one who nearly went up the wall..Yes creatives waste no time to draw comparisons  between what  works and what doesn't .. Sufiyan love which I still have been unable to grasp is the formula that works ordinarily..but on second  thoughts  they also feel they want to  sustain the  momentum caused by the dark angel Kainat.. yes.. her character is changing drastically even as we speak.. I  find the show is fast becoming a romantic thriller.. me still looking out  for the spiritual peace..

The CVs should have given some background on this girl and her nefarious activities prior to her building the Zaroon Shrine in her heart.  She has a past and connections that her family is not aware of - obvious from the incident outside the salon. There is no way she could hire a kidnapper on a whim and then shoot the kidnapper in cold blood with a police gun. I don't think she is psychotic as she is in full control of her actions.

I loved the "Zaroon shrine" epithet!  makes me think that her sound devotional foundation in god seems to have  shifted to her god of love!does this show  her Sufiyana pyar? whereby she almost  forfeits her soul  to strike  a oneness with the love that belongs to her and her alone..

yes I agree she has some past..like why does she have such aversion towards Saltanat? was it cousin rivalry ,which is not uncommon or something more? that has come out full face due to the Zaroon snatching  affair..  I feel that she still may have  layers about her that the CV's plan on peeling off ,as and when. But I agree that she is not dense and dim as people make her out to be .instead she works out things and logically   solves problems, threatening   her directly 

I agree she shot the kidnapper to save her own skin. Zaroon is just the icing on the cake. 

ohhh good.. you think so too.. it was quite clear that her neck was on the line

I liked Rubina and Ghazala scene, especially that Rubina couldn't think of Kainaat as the kidnapper but was partly influenced by Ghazala and partly her own strong desire to get Kainaat out of her daughter's way. 

I also like the overall genuine concern in the family for Miajaan. He is truly the thread holding the whole family together. 

did you notice, whilst Zainab was  carrying out bhari bahu  responsibilities.. the other to were busy digging Kainats grave.. I remember how in  frustration , once Rubina literally pulled out a kitchen knife to cut off kainat from this family

I wonder what will happen ?when finally he is well enough to gather his thoughts about the Kainat connection?

There were lots of fissures in the family relationships before Mamoon/Zaroon showed up, which were around the girls' upbringing. There was no competition for the dargah inheritance as it was assumed to be Kainaat's husband's right. Since Nadeem took over the responsibility of the dargah, the inheritance has become complicated. I don't think Rubina is interested in Dargah itself but she knows that Maamoon and Ghazala will not accept Sultanat without the inheritance. From my POV - the fight within the family is still about the girls - which one is better and will get the prize i.e. Zaroon. Dargah is just the dowry. 

I agree the  issue of the daughters is there.. Kainat has been the one  for whom mainjaan has always been benign towards, largely due to being fatherless..she was yet another child that mainjaan in his later years , has managed to rear, with great encouragement from her mother.. this fresh incident  is expected to  take toll on Mainjaan..As for Sultanat , I think because of her mother,  Mainjaan without wanting too ,is dismissive towards the girl..

Humza and family have become the casualty of Kainaat negative avatar and seem to be sidelined. Plus they have no standing to go against Miajaan.

Yes.. should be interesting to see what Dadi has to say about Kainat,now? as before she saw great potential in her..AS for Humza.. he's there  to under take delegated duties,at the dargah..he seems to be more clued on than Nadeem.

I hope they introduce a new male lead soon - since everyone says this is swaragini version 2. Zaroon getting touchy-feely with Sultanat is ewww! I don't why but I just don't like it. 

another male lead... hummm..  humza hai na.. why can't Kainat not have a solo flight.. I swarags.. there were two bros /two sisters..  the sisters were not look alike.. here they are.. but the show..is all to do with Helly's fine performance..

me prefer.. just silent visual messaging.. absolutely no touching, holding hands.. just subtle romantic gestures.. enough to let the other know what one's heart feels.. where the silence speaks..  where two people are apart, but their souls are in communion with each other.. is Sufiyana love for me..

thanks  a lot for an engaging comment..  was looking forward for positivity  from a negative episode..  you lifted my spirits.. love hammie

Arshian14 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Irshita

You mirrored my thoughts exactly especially the bold part. I also can't get myself behind SaRoon. Something is missing in their story. Everything is just so superficial. 

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by Arshian14

hello Arshian, great to see on this thread..

You mirrored my thoughts exactly especially the bold part. I also can't get myself behind SaRoon. Something is missing in their story. Everything is just so superficial. 

your comment holds value, would like you in person,.. to share your thoughts on my posts..

love hammie

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

@hammie - you know ITV soaps don’t have solo flights. Here all women need a male shoulder to cry on. I like patiala babes but why all the reliance on hanuman Singh - can’t two women survive and live fully without a male sheltering them or providing emotional support.

If Kainaat doesn’t get a guy, she will be dead at the end of the show.

Whoever marries sultanat is the primary male lead. Humza doesn’t give that lead feel. May be he will rise to the occasion.

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by Irshita..

should have been in the kitchen.. as if by magic i end up here... 

@hammie - you know ITV soaps don’t have solo flights. Here all women need a male shoulder to cry on. I like patiala babes but why all the reliance on hanuman Singh - can’t two women survive and live fully without a male sheltering them or providing emotional support.

Bajrangi bhaijaan.. Hanuman  is sheltering Babes and Minnie from wagging tongues.. men are meant to give Raksha to females... you are right about the no solo flights of women in Itv .. but Irshita.. think that nowadays.. its the blokes who are emotionally needy and look for support.. new age woman can even buy her own accomodation  .. she needn't depend on her husband to provide one for her..  I guess it brings out the nurturing role of the female.. in one faiths .. Adam was lonely ,so  god created Eve   to be his andhargini… hope me got the phrase right… 

If Kainaat doesn’t get a guy, she will be dead at the end of the show.

aacha chal… kainat too deserves some decent bloke to fill the gap of her dad... but not this controversial  Zaroon

Whoever marries sultanat is the primary male lead. Humza doesn’t give that lead feel. May be he will rise to the occasion.

me chuckling... haan, if this Zaroon  lets Hamza get a word edgeways... listen talking about chemistry.. Hanuman and Babita mein hai… love it..  their is a veil of respect between them...

ok... back to  the needs of the hour..  hammie