Katrina: not looking for glamorous roles anymore

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

"As actors, we evolve and keep learning new things. [We need to channel this] experience in our work," says the actor, who has completed over 15 years in the industry. "I am in a position where I want to take risks and want to be part of things that are layered. At this point in my career, I am not looking for something glamorous or a song-and-dance routine. I have already done those things. What appeals to me today is finding the characters and the complexities that my character goes through. And that's because of who I am today."

Point out how her next, Bharat, is as mainstream as they come, and she reasons, "Bharat is a larger-than-life film, but for me, that is incidental. When I was part of Sheila Ki Jawaani or a film like Dhoom 3 [2013], it was because those things appealed to me then. [But now] I want to find roles that I haven't attempted before."

Even as she sifts through multiple scripts that come her way, Kaif has only greenlit Akshay Kumar's Sooryavanshi after Bharat. Reuniting with one of her first co-stars has been a cherished experience. "Initially, I was a little hesitant, but things went smoothly from the first shot. Akshay has been so supportive throughout my career."

https://m.mid-day.com/articles/katrina-kaif-not-looking-for-glamorous-roles-anymore/21025155