First schedule of Karan Johar directorial Takht delayed

Posted: 4 years ago

SCOOP! First schedule of Karan Johar directorial Takht delayed

Bollywood Hungama News Network

Sat May 25 10:51:37 IST

Ever since the announcement that Karan Johar would be directing Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Alia Bhatt, Vicky Kaushal, Bhumi Pednekar, Janhvi Kapoor, and Anil Kapoor in Takht, audience have been eagerly anticipating the eventual release of the film. Though, pre-production on the venture commenced a while back, we now hear that this stage of the filmmaking process is far from over. In fact, sources say that Takht which was initially expected to begin its first schedule in the middle of 2019 has now been pushed till the end of the year.

Commenting on the same a source close to the venture says, “Given that the film will be an opulent visual masterpiece and is also a period flick set against a Moghul backdrop the pre-production has taken longer than expected. This stage which was supposed to be completed a while back is far from over and will take the next few months as well. Keeping this in mind the first schedule which was expected to commence between June-July has now been pushed till the end of the year.” Ask the source for more details and he adds, “Since earlier the shoot of Takht was expected to commence in mid-2019, Karan was looking at releasing the film in the beginning of 2020. However, now with this delay the release of the film has been pushed to Diwali 2020, which is in November.”

Interestingly, this delay in the shooting of the film has been well communicated to the cast. In fact, Alia Bhatt who was initially supposed to shoot first for Takht and later move on to Sadak 2, has already begun working on the latter. While Alia has started shooting Sadak 2, Ranveer Singh who would have to jiggle between Takht and Kabir Khan’s ’83 will now focus on the sports flick.

I thought the schedule was always for the Fall?

It was always going to start in September...never June-july, so no delay as of now.

Advertising

Karan Johar: Takht is the story of Dara Shikoh and Aurangzeb

Karan Johar is excited about his film Takht going on the floor in September 2019. He is also thrilled to be working with an ensemble cast including Ranveer Singh, Vicky Kaushal, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Alia Bhatt, Janhvi Kapoor and Anil Kapoor in the historical drama.

Written by Arushi Jain |New Delhi |Updated: December 25, 2018 4:03:48 pm

Karan Johar’s Takht will go on floors from September 2019. (Source: Instagram/Karan Johar)

Filmmaker-host Karan Johar recently graced the finale episode of Neha Dhupia’s audio show No Filter Neha and talked at length about his upcoming directorial project Takht. The period drama features a stellar cast including the likes of Ranveer Singh, Vicky Kaushal, Kareena KapoorKhan, Alia Bhatt, Janhvi Kapoor and Anil Kapoor among others.

“Takht is the most passionate piece of material that I think I will ever direct. I’m hugely passionate about it. I’m obsessed about the Mughal era ever since I can remember. That’s the one part of history that I was obsessed about in terms of its visual texture, its controversial content, the political betrayal, the love, the lust, the decadence, the debauchery, the madness, the violence, everything. That era is exotic and it’s gorgeous. It’s absolutely beautiful,” Karan said.

Advertising

Revealing a bit about the story of Takht, Karan added, “It’s something that I’ve always chased and wanted to kind of put up there and finally when Sumit Roy, the writer, came to me with the story of Dara (Shikoh) and Aurangzeb, which is pretty much the first time I’m saying that what Takht is about. I think it is that part of history that I’m so passionate about. I can’t wait to get into the prep mode which I’ve already started off.”

RELATED NEWS

KJo is excited about his film going on the floor in September 2019. He is also thrilled to be working with an ensemble cast in the historical drama. The filmmaker has planned to focus only on the film during its filming stage as he said, “I’ve told everybody in the office that when I start that film, just leave me alone. When I’m on the floors with Takht, I just want to do that and nothing else. When I will start filming in August-September next year, I will be lost to the world of Takht.”

Advertising

Edited by Eggon_Snow - 4 years ago

He shud shelf it for good. He is a average director who repeats only triangles and does not understand Indian culture at all. 🤔

I so wish karan left.!!

I don't want him ANYWHERE near 🤢

He can go direct  his nepo kids all he likes. Ughhh !🤢

Alia can't start this before finising S2, Inshallah, Barhmastra, RRR.

Ab bas scrap kardo isse Karan. Gift yourself and us peace this budday!

Lol... I read delay and thought it was Brahmastra 😂😂 

Takht is still on schedule though 

Originally posted by GrumpyTheCat

Lol... I read delay and thought it was Brahmastra 😂😂 

Takht is still on schedule though 

🤣

Unfortunately for a certain fandom always ready to overreact on Ranveer related news, it is still on schedule, hoping it is permanently shelved though and we can bid it good riddance. 

Edited by Eggon_Snow - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Eggon_Snow

🤣

Unfortunately it is still on schedule, hoping it is permanently shelved and we can bid it good riddance. 

I don’t want it shelved. I want it made. Let Kjo have his dream of being Slb come true but not with Ranveer. He can let Vicky play both the characters. Just let go of Ranveer 🙏🏻