Sufiyana Pyaar Mera

Does the writer have a problem with musulmane ?

aniissat thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Why Kainat is portrayed as négative? Why the two girls can be positive? Mahan Saltanat. Devil Kainat.

(Sawaragini season 2)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshian14 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: aniissat

Why Kainat is portrayed as négative? Why the two girls can be positive? Mahan Saltanat. Devil Kainat.

(Sawaragini season 2)

Tell me about it. Why is the traditional girl negative and the modern girl positive? They are directly promoting the fact that we should all ditch our religious/traditional roots and embrace the westernizing society. 

Madhura.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Agree with both of you.

Gives a wrong message, makes no sense too. Every one is grey with pros and cons. Here it's just b/w and joke is Zaroon's wrong qualities are never punished, he gets out easy with it.

Honestly traditions and culture are very important, need not be showed as being Negative! 

phoenix27 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Arshian14

Tell me about it. Why is the traditional girl negative and the modern girl positive? They are directly promoting the fact that we should all ditch our religious/traditional roots and embrace the westernizing society. 

Kainat is not behaving as per her religion's teaching. Had she behaved that way she would have accepted the fact that islam never say that someone is your soulmate and marriage is a contract in islam, thats why there is provision of divorce. 

You can surely say that traditionalism is not shown it good light here but saying that someone has problem with muselman is very wrong. the comparison you made with Swaragini is right but there Ragini was Hindu so will you say that that serial writer were against Hindus?   

In both the cases writer is against fake traditionalism. Where one try to pretend pious to get himself in the good books of the people around him. Kainat is not real champion of her religion as much as ragini was not real champion of her religion. they both were using religion as a shield to mock other persons upbringing,  Kainat more than Ragini. 

fun fact the writer of this story is a muslim and writer of Swaragini was Hindu. 

Edited by ria2794 - 4 years ago
Arshian14 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: ria2794

Kainat is not behaving as per her religion's teaching. Had she behaved that way she would have accepted the fact that islam never say that someone is your soulmate and marriage is a contract in islam, thats why there is provision of divorce. 

You can surely say that traditionalism is not shown it good light here but saying that someone has problem with muselman is very wrong. the comparison you made with Swaragini is right but there Ragini was Hindu so will you say that that serial writer were against Hindus?   

In both the cases writer is against fake traditionalism. Where one try to pretend pious to get himself in the good books of the people around him. Kainat is not real champion of her religion as much as ragini was not real champion of her religion. they both were using religion as a shield to mock other persons upbringing,  Kainat more than Ragini. 

fun fact the writer of this story is a muslim and writer of Swaragini was Hindu. 

Its so easy to pick faults in K as she was brought up using Islamic principles. She has clearly stated that she feels her upbringing is wrong and she is now going to take her destiny into her own hands and abandon her upbringing. So how is she using religion as a shield when she deliberately decided to abandon it? 

Saltanat also doesn't behave as per religious teachings. She ignores some main principles of Isalm (covering your hair in public, not touching strange men) In addition, making fake profiles, disobeying your mother, humiliating family in public. So isn't this a direct promotion of the fact that religion/tradition don't have to be followed?

I never mentioned Swaragini so don't know what you are talking about. Besides, Swaragini also received a lot of bashing when Ragini turned negative. 

phoenix27 thumbnail

thats what i am saying, religion has nothing to do with serial story, just because the backdrop of story is islam that doen't mean its about religion. There are thousand of serials which have hindu protagonist but that doen't mean they tell the story about hinduism. 

In swaragini Ragini was brought up by traditional Hindu household but did anyone said that people are finding fault on her because she was brought up in traditional Hindu tradition. 

They are just trying to tell if someone is modern that does mean that he is wrong and if someone is traditional then she is correct. Swaragini and this serial are the only two serial where i have seem this mentality. otherwise everywhere else those people who are traditional are portrayed as heroin. 

please don't try to bring religion in story.

Edited by ria2794 - 4 years ago
phoenix27 thumbnail

I never said that Saltanat is the real follower of the book, i meant that she Follows what she believes is right thing to follow.  She questions things because god has given her the mind to think and decide what i right and wrong. if god would have wanted someone to blindly follow everything then he wouldn't have given us the brain. Questioning something is not crime. 

Arshian14 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: ria2794

I never said that Saltanat is the real follower of the book, i meant that she Follows what she believes is right thing to follow.  She questions things because god has given her the mind to think and decide what i right and wrong. if god would have wanted someone to blindly follow everything then he wouldn't have given us the brain. Questioning something is not crime. 

God did give us a brain to follow whats right BUT there are some things outlined in the Quran that MUST be followed like wearing headscarves. Humans are not above God that we can just change a holy book upon our convenience. 

Coming to religion, Kainat's entire character was based on her belief on Allah. They completely destroyed her by making her so negative that it sent the message that girls who follow their God are destined for disappointment so might as well do whatever we want. 

Saltanat is not a real follower, like you said. She was given all the freedom while Kainat was restricted at every single moment. She never followed Islam as closely as Kainat did. As a result, she gets freedom to do what she wants, a boy that loves her and love of all family members, except MJ. 

As a show writer, you have some responsibility to show a balance between traditionalism and modern thought processes. All this show has done is show only positives about being modern and only negatives about being traditional. Of course, people are going to speak up against this. 

Madhura.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Arshian - Buddy, very well explained as always!! Really love your points and the way you described, apt points. We both connect as you had mentioned.

Balance needs to be maintained, and even the religion..you can't change it, however modern you become. People like seeing this on television, but in reality this never happens.

Also you know what I feel, there's no point in discussing stuff, cos we have told same points but people will never find anything wrong in Saltanat, ever and it's freedom but when Kainat does, it's worst. Like we do accept she is wrong and her character is butchered, but all love criticising Kainat.. show actually makes Zero sense, saw promo. Show started as something else, and is going somewhere else. It was never promoted as Kainat turning some psychopath. 

Basically show writers also are building SaRoon track by messing Kainaat more black, like K goes one step down and SaRoon climb up. Seems SaRoon have no solid plot or track of their own 

phoenix27 thumbnail

If you wish for something which is not yours then you are mostly in for disappointment. Accepting that you can't get everything in life is a part of life. Kainat has failed to understand it.  

God has nothing to do in this. God never told someone to leave everything on god he is not there to solve someone's problems. He is to guide and show the right path. If someone as religious as Kainat don't understand this then i believe that she is not the great idol to follow.