Posted: 4 years ago

SPM~ MyMusings~ 22.5.19    Unwrap the  gift

It's all to do with undoing, exposing  the outer covering of  some token of love. The same as raising the curtain to bring  the truth before the public. Of recent Kainat  felt that the ice between her and Saltanat  was beginning to thaw. She felt some support coming from Saltanat's side. However  the exchange of views between Saltanat and Neelam is quite a slap! on Kainat’s face.For her, Saltanat’s  shell of showing well being for her is just a farce. That perhaps needs to be exposed before all. The real face of Saltanat needed to be unmasked before the public. Undo the parcel as it were.

Kainat is already, clearly deeply disturbed at  the way fate has  suddenly turned  adverse towards her. Even despite her devotion and prayer, the gift of Zaroon! her hearts desire is denied to her. Kainat’s spirit flaps with anxiety. She wants arelease for her for pent up rage. It comes as no surprise when she looks for two people in particular to vent upon. The two who sabotaged her engagement. Kaina tunderstands one to be Saltanat. The other a man both cousins  love..  lover boy Zaroon.

On the face of it both appear as a gift, wrapped in an eye-catching wrapping paoer. An excitement exists, that flows both from the  giver to the one who receives.But we see that after the  gift  from Saltanat is presented to Kainat and Humza . Kainat just refuses to accept it. As  the contents of the gift is far from something Kainat wants and expects to  cherish. It unmasks Saltanat  as  an imposter who poses to be Kainat’s  sister, acts  as her support. But really Kainat uses all in her power to bring out Saltanat’s real face before all. Shows The side that plotted and schemed to create hurdles in her engagement.

The sad bit of the episode is that what Saltanat  did, she  did in good faith. But it! is made visible  by  Kainat as  an act which smells of conspiracy .Rather than an act of sacrifice ! where Saltanat actually forgoes and forfeits her true love for Zaroon , to create an opportunity for Kainat to be available for Zaroon,rather than be tied down with Humza. But as the real intention is gift wrapped  no one gets to appreciate Saltanat ‘s sincere intent.

Kainat does the honours, and what a slap in the face it is for Saltanat ! where her whole purpose is misconstrued. The fault lay in the secretive, underhand manner in which she carried out  the plot. Duping roles, and rather stupidly leaving sufficient evidence behind to expose herself before the  entire family,both guests and hosts!

Mind you for Kainat too. it is sheer luck that she stumbles across a meaty piece of conversation which is enough to uncover the conspirators.

In her bitterness , Kainat  was expected to unleash her fury. Not only does she expose Saltanat but she goes far to disclose that Zaroon too was in on the whole seedy game. Zaroon with his usual smiles, plays dumb ! acts normal and wishes the newly engaged couple. But when Saltanat bids the couple well. Kainat strikes the blow ! All with the facts, the phone calls, which Humza confirms to have received from Kainat , imploring him to reject the engagement other wise she will give up her life!  Turns out to be Saltanat posing as Kainat! Saltanat does not have a leg to stand on!

This then is Kainat’s way of giving Saltanat a mild warning and punishment. That she too can play games. Here she might be seen to play a nasty cruel game of unwrapping her cousin’s real purpose. But the facts and evidence that Kainat unclothes are all true. Humza as a witness stamps on their authenticity ! while Kainat sneeringly presses charges against Saltanat.

Saltanat’s position in this whole scenario of meaning well for Kainat is subject to suspicion. After all she has her own vested interest in Zaroon .

This unfortunate, grossly misunderstood predicament  of Saltanat  robs her of any benefit of doubt as well. The shame is as she cries to her father, she did no wrong! Which is partly true. But the slap dash manner, in which she carried out her crusade for Kainat is what gets her condemned eventually. The credit for getting her slapped  before all by Mainjaan  goes to Kainat, for the way she presented her case! At the right time!

Goes without saying that Saltanat meant well, but other agencies like Zainab  who has her own agenda , also intervened and made Saltanat  take desperate measures  to  stop Kainat from getting engaged to Humza. Her failure lies in pursing haste, still I don’t hold being slap dash against  Saltanat . As time was the issue,  it was slipping! So  she had to act!

Zaroon gives a roped entrapped  in an unwanted marriage Kainat !an evil smile.The  one that  a fowler gives to a helpless prey!!

However by  the end, Zaroon’s smile vanishes  and is  gets replaced with  a furrow, what a piece of advise  he gives Kainat   where she can show value  for Sultanat’s love,the sacrifice she gave, for  her. Will this piece of advise, make Zaroon happy by being civil to  Saltanat.Just like Zaroon does give  attention to Kainat just to make Saltanat happy ?

One  rather valuable gift unwrapped Is the gift of the two daughters of  the Shah family .Saltanat  gets negative publicity  that earns her a slap! Kainat continues to be there, all eyes remain on her. She is the girl who remains between Zaroon and Saltanat as a unchanging. Constant.  

I feel that one other issue that stands out between these Shah daughters in this episode is that one is seen to be too overexposed. Whilst the other has always been underexposed. Both Kainat and Saltanat surprise each other. Saltanat  the overexposed, suddenly takes second position by the underexposed Kainat. Thus ,gradually in time we shall see, both give and take the best out of each other.

Zaroon and Humza, standout as the sons,who cause least amount of anxiety to the family in comparison to the daughters, Saltanat ,Kainat .  23,5.19

Interesting episode, that in a nut shell, out lines how people behave in various scenarios.

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

Hello hammie.. 

Kainaat’s unacceptance of her destiny has really unhinged her.. there was nothing clever/manipulative/ playing games kinda stuff from her.. nothing that would actually strengthen her case of getting Zaroon.. to me it looked like she was just trying to get some pleasure to her disturbed mind by exposing her enemy’s misdoing..

Zaroon who was extremely indifferent to Kainaat, her this action has actually evoked a strong feeling for her.. and for someone as unhinged as her, she has taken such a negative feeing as a positive reaction..  

so Zainab stays silent in the slap fiasco which was caused due to an oath she took from Sultanat.

If nothing , Sultanat should have learnt by now that she cannot fight somebody else’s battle esp of those who don’t see her as a well-wisher.. and also when she is truly by heart involved with Zaroon.. 

Kainaat is simply disgusting. She is punishing her sister who is her wellwisher and wants to sacrifice her own love for kainaat. She is simply thankless.

Zainab too remain silent when miyanji slapped saltnat when she did whatever she has done for her own daughter.

Edited by CreativeByBirth - 4 years ago

The SLAP! can we ban slaps from ITV???  ITV has desensitized its audience from such acts of violence that should have NO place in any family - not from a friend to friend, man to woman, woman to man, father to son, grandfather to granddaughter - you get the point.

Loved the episode with Kainaat's perfect revenge on both Zaroon and Sultanat. The claws are out and any leftover reasoning is gone. Lonelythots' description is apt for her - unhinged. This scene was also a confirmation that Zaroon is in for the torture of a lifetime if he marries her. She will not be able to forgive him for loving Sultanat.

@Hammie - when did you notice a thaw in Kainaat and Sultanat's relationship? Just a day ago, Kainaat resented that Sultanat was making Kainaat look like her. 

Kainaat and her mother - both are responsible here. Zainab more - because she put Sultanat up to the task but did not have the guts to step up and protect Sultanat.   

Didn't feel bad for Sultanat - mahan banoge toh yahi hota hai. Everyone throws you under the bus when they know you will not bite them back. Anyway, the audience now clearly has a MAHAN FL that they can call fall behind and root for. 

I also liked Zaroon changing expressions and discomfort as Kainaat's allegations unfolded. 

@Hammie - Your write-up was way better than the engagement episode (yesterday). I fast-forwarded most of the episode.

Finally Kainat take revenge, I am not going to blame her for a simple fact that if anyone invades her space, start taking decisions for her or anything they will get a shock.

Plus she is a human, so she will also erupt...at a point.

Zainab also sooner or later will get one.

Saltanat cried, but yes this is price of her Mahanta..and invading others space...when uncalled for.

Congratulations for the writers, to make 2 distinct colours of Black as Kainat and white is Saltanat.

Real greys don't exist.. unfortunately.

Zaroon is a highly Selfish guy! Where was all this pain when he rejected Kainaat and she suffered? Or conveniently telling her to make way for SaRoon..and even thanking her when she told SaRoon can marry?!

Every emotion is for Saltanat, she gets a tiny pain he will suffer but other person goes in loveless marriage, he will dance..he has failed as a human. Really wish both sisters don't end up with him.

Hey Hammie, am around..least interested to get back to the show cos connect is negative..

Originally posted by Lonelythots

Hello hammie..  Hi there mate,

Kainaat’s unacceptance of her destiny has really unhinged her.. there was nothing clever/manipulative/ playing games kinda stuff from her.. nothing that would actually strengthen her case of getting Zaroon.. to me it looked like she was just trying to get some pleasure to her disturbed mind by exposing her enemy’s misdoing..

can't say that she hasn't lost the plot.. thing is too much, is happening to soon, for her to actually  take a step back and think reasonably .Currently she is perhaps in a state of mild shock..   I agree ,  that Zaroon was not impressed.. her sly smile was there to show the viewers, that Kainat  has a not to good streak in her too.. I wonder, if she hadn't overheard the  chit chat between Saltanat  and Neelam, would she still have accused  Saltanat publicly ?

Zaroon who was extremely indifferent to Kainaat, her this action has actually evoked a strong feeling for her.. and for someone as unhinged as her, she has taken such a negative feeing as a positive reaction..  

Zaroon,  funnily enough seems to get across to most people, e'g  Humza, now Kainat ..except Saltanat! yes the chances are that any attention from Zaroon will  be misunderstood by Kainat. 

so Zainab stays silent in the slap fiasco which was caused due to an oath she took from Sultanat.

progressively , from now onwards I suspect the creatives will continue to show mother and daughter as grey characters..

If nothing , Sultanat should have learnt by now that she cannot fight somebody else’s battle esp of those who don’t see her as a well-wisher.. and also when she is truly by heart involved with Zaroon.. 

loved this bit..  yes, no one, least of cuz Kainat will trust her.. as the matters,  interests of their  hearts  too,are identical like their faces.. I have a feeling that Saltanat in accordance with her, principles , will come up with another plan to split Humza and  Kainat..

thanks for a great comment, love hammie

Originally posted by CreativeByBirth

hello  CreativeBy Birth, lovely to see you on my post  😊

Kainaat is simply disgusting. She is punishing her sister who is her wellwisher and wants to sacrifice her own love for kainaat. She is simply thankless.

I agree her action, was sharp, short and shrift!  it made me squirm as well, to see that she  has no idea the agro Saltanat had to go through.. See the less, Kainat knows about  Saltanats good intentions towards her, the better for the  conflict in the story line..

Zainab too remain silent when miyanji slapped saltnat when she did whatever she has done for her own daughter.

true say , who knows she fears her own fate.. as for Mainjaan, his caustic words  towards  Saltanat were more wounding than  the slap itself..

lovely to hear from you creative, love hammie

Originally posted by Irshita 

hellooo Irshita,   good to hear from you

The SLAP! can we ban slaps from ITV???  ITV has desensitized its audience from such acts of violence that should have NO place in any family - not from a friend to friend, man to woman, woman to man, father to son, grandfather to granddaughter - you get the point.

clapping! couldn't agree more!  enough of seeing this form of violence, which creatives, see as  reprimand, in a mild form, as opposed to a  fisticuffs punch up. But I agree it shows violation of an individuals rights,,  not just   body harm, more than that it shows a person being  abused ,both physically , and mentally.. yet a slap is shown as the last resort of showing disapproval and disdain. where is the message of self disciple?

Loved the episode with Kainaat's perfect revenge on both Zaroon and Sultanat. The claws are out and any leftover reasoning is gone. Lonelythots' description is apt for her - unhinged. This scene was also a confirmation that Zaroon is in for the torture of a lifetime if he marries her. She will not be able to forgive him for loving Sultanat.

no way do I see him marrying her! rather I see him going for Saltnat.. the one he chose in the first place..but I guess who he marries is the best kept secret!

@Hammie - when did you notice a thaw in Kainaat and Sultanat's relationship? Just a day ago, Kainaat resented that Sultanat was making Kainaat look like her. 

there was a rather a nice scene in the garden where both sisters were present, and Saltanat chastise Kainat, that she needs to learn to fight her battles.. speak up for herself.. I saw the scene as a bonding, even though passing between the sisters.. 

Kainaat and her mother - both are responsible here. Zainab more - because she put Sultanat up to the task but did not have the guts to step up and protect Sultanat.   

yes, in  hindsight makes me wonder, about all the comments  Saltanat made about Kainat, that its her mother who has breed timidity in her daughter..  but as you point out, I dare say that 

Didn't feel bad for Sultanat - mahan banoge toh yahi hota hai. Everyone throws you under the bus when they know you will not bite them back. Anyway, the audience now clearly has a MAHAN FL that they can call fall behind and root for. 

yes those who lead,  stir up !  can expect some ruction.. 

I also liked Zaroon changing expressions and discomfort as Kainaat's allegations unfolded. 

yes  seemed to have lost his smug sneers! and Irshita, what's  worse is he knows his Sufiyana mohabaat,, urf Saltanat , is playing  obdurate games..  and yes he too in on her games!

@Hammie - Your write-up was way better than the engagement episode (yesterday). I fast-forwarded most of the episode

yeahhhhhh! erhhh.. love tareef.. you see Irshita, I do lack humility sometimes!  

thanks  for your comment, interesting read as usual.. love hammie

Originally posted by Madhura

heloooo Madz.. cant say me not pleased to see you again!

Finally Kainat take revenge, I am not going to blame her for a simple fact that if anyone invades her space, start taking decisions for her or anything they will get a shock.

neither do I..  its  meddling!  thing is there is an impression going around the family, that Kainat has nothing to say.. before too she spoke  of her angst!  in  fiery manner! this time though  have to say  it stemmed from the  tittle tattle between her cousins! 

yes well done for this reminder!she is a mere mortal not a god!

and like she remarked, she will  have a harsher reprimand 

Saltanat cried, but yes this is price of her Mahanta..and invading others space...when uncalled for.

this is true.. sacrifice, is hard.. she needs to think, that although she did it for a better cause.. there will be thorns in her way.. because its not just for Kainat's sake... her link with Zaroon will be a glitch!

Congratulations for the writers, to make 2 distinct colours of Black as Kainat and white is Saltanat.

yes have to agree on that one..  although I would like to believe that the good and evil resides in every one! circumstances in life determines, which one comes into play predominantly.. if Kainat is the dark lady.. Iam hoping  she  gets a chance to redeem herself.

that is correct.. but if all evil is damned.. where would be the chance of both receiving and giving forgiveness..

Zaroon is a highly Selfish guy! Where was all this pain when he rejected Kainaat and she suffered? Or conveniently telling her to make way for SaRoon..and even thanking her when she told SaRoon can marry?!

him.. I find quite without substance,,  but yes he is selfish to the core.. read somewhere that people don't hate or love..  they are just selfish..

Every emotion is for Saltanat, she gets a tiny pain he will suffer but other person goes in loveless marriage, he will dance..he has failed as a human. Really wish both sisters don't end up with him.

I think the creatives are working to the formula that to show the female strong, they have to show the male lead as being needy! only then the female comes into play, supporting him to become strong!  Madz.. all seem to  conveniently ignore  that by pushing Kainat into marrying Humza they  too are forcing her into a loveless marriage.. Madz.. thank heavens for people like Nadeem who still  fly the flag flying for righteousness.. I still wait for more from Mainjaan  on yesterday's show down!

Hey Hammie, am around..least interested to get back to the show cos connect is negative..

okey dokey.. but you know me Madz.. I will wait for your comment, whenever you feel to purge your views..hammie will  always receive you with a big smile..  much love hammie

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Hamlet53

Originally posted by Madhura

heloooo Madz.. cant say me not pleased to see you again!

neither do I..  its  meddling!  thing is there is an impression going around the family, that Kainat has nothing to say.. before too she spoke  of her angst!  in  fiery manner! this time though  have to say  it stemmed from the  tittle tattle between her cousins! 

yes well done for this reminder!she is a mere mortal not a god!

and like she remarked, she will  have a harsher reprimand 

this is true.. sacrifice, is hard.. she needs to think, that although she did it for a better cause.. there will be thorns in her way.. because its not just for Kainat's sake... her link with Zaroon will be a glitch!

yes have to agree on that one..  although I would like to believe that the good and evil resides in every one! circumstances in life determines, which one comes into play predominantly.. if Kainat is the dark lady.. Iam hoping  she  gets a chance to redeem herself.

that is correct.. but if all evil is damned.. where would be the chance of orgiveness

@ BOLD👏

I have never hated a ML more in my life. Such a despicable human being. He doesn't want a loveless marriage but its OK if Hamza and Kainat are stuck in one. What a hypocrite. He deserves all the hate. If I met a guy like him in real life, I would kick him to the curb and file a police complaint against him if he wags his tail around me and touched me the way he does with Saltanat.