Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka

Compromising characters for the ship?

FruitToasty thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

The only important thing in this show is random romance of Mishaan, I don't mind romance, in fact I like it but I don't feel anything for Mishaan, I just have to fast forward their romantic scenes. 

I just feel every character has taken a hit for this ship...

Mishti - 1 I am still confused as to why she broke up with Veer, she says it's because she didn't love him, if I am to take that as a reason, then why would someone who came out of a relationship she mistook as love, go for another relationship without a break? She thought she was in love with Veer, her relationship with him went to engagement, don't you think anyone would be afraid that what if her feelings for Ruhaan are not love? 

2 Why do I feel her character is being ruined for romance? Because Radhika was upset with her and she started romancing with Ruhaan, The whole wedding cancelation mess was created by Mishti and Ruhaan, I would have liked them cleaning this up but nope, Su Bua spoke to Radhika about Mishti, did Mishti even try? Radhika is not a 5 years old, the situation wasn't small which can be dealt with cooking favorite food, which was again used for purpose of romance in kitchen. Then Veer's mom insulted her mom, brought her biggest insecurity of being Kunal's daughter in front of her and again she romanced with Ruhaan. There is a possibility that she is not insecure anymore but where was the journey of her being afraid of her father's daughter to not caring about it? They made this a part of her character, it was how she was introduced to us. 

3 Veer asked Mishti to stop working, that was when the whole Veer being inconsiderate thing started, the first thing I would have expected from Mishti was going back to work. You know that moment when you are forbidden to do something then the restriction is lifted and you go "FINALLY!!!", this "FINALLY!!!" moment was there for Mishaan because Mishti started romancing Ruhaan without worrying about it. 

Ruhaan - There was time when he was my favorite character, I do like people who don't hide behind facade of societal norms of goodness, being selfless and all, I really liked him when he put himself, his feelings before other people, it doesn't make him a bad person, just a sorted one. What I don't like now is Ruhaan's hypocrisy. 

"I feel bad for Veer!! Kiss I feel really really bad for Uncle and Aunt!!! Kiss Kiss" 

I keep looking for a character here but sadly he is just a love interest in Mishti's story, there's no substance. 

Pari - This is the first character where I like when she is not on screen because they say she is working and I like her for it, when she is on screen, she is a mess. Worst character in the show, hands down!! I liked the way they developed friendship between Ruhaan and Pari, I had said this relationship should remain platonic, it doesn't have to be more than that but makers involved her in the mess of Mishaan, now they have to show that she is absolutely pathetic 

Veer - Why is he even on the show anymore? Just don't get the point of him being in the show anymore, do I feel bad for him? Not really. 

The only character which is actually growing or developing is Arnav and he is the only one who is not a part of Mishaan. I am not against any couple, Mishaan will end up with each other, even romantic scenes in a TV show have a backstory, randomly adding a scene when script does not demand it, is shallow writing. 

Edited by FruitToasty - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweetzzz thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

There were a few scenes like you highlighted which were indeed out of place. They weren't required during the whole emotional journey. 

Since Ruhaan told Mishti that he fell in love with her at first sight, i am desperately waiting to see when Mishti fell for Ruhaan. It looks like it was not in a moment that she fell for him, but i would like to hear it from her. 

Arnav's character is the best developed so far in the show. He came out as immature previously but now, he looks like the most sorted. 

.SSSS. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Mishti is saying that she realized what love in real sense cause of Ruhaan and so she realized that she never loved Veer like this. As per her what she felt for Ruhaan is love. So why would she be unsure about what she has for Ruhaan.Infact it's her clarity of what she has for Ruhaan is made her realize what she has not for Veer.Mishti has been criticized for the one who wants to be in the image of her mother's daughter but not to be labeled as her father's daughter. And today when she finally finds enough strength that she decided to face what society labels her but just wanted to choose her love, which she felt is the best thing she can do for all of them in this situation.. isn't Mishti is supposed to be appreciated?!...

Ruhaan feeling bad for Veer and his love for Mishti are two different feelings. Why can't he feel both?! How does that even makes him hypocrite?! If Ruhaan is saying that he don't want to hurt Veer but allows himself to love Mishti then it's hypocrisy!. No, he is not doing that. He was aware that this could hurt Veer and he was taking the accountability of what is happening. Like you said he prioratized his love over his friendship. And he has been consistent. 

Edited by .SSSS. - 4 years ago
kooki07 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: sweetzzz

There were a few scenes like you highlighted which were indeed out of place. They weren't required during the whole emotional journey. 

Since Ruhaan told Mishti that he fell in love with her at first sight, i am desperately waiting to see when Mishti fell for Ruhaan. It looks like it was not in a moment that she fell for him, but i would like to hear it from her. 

Arnav's character is the best developed so far in the show. He came out as immature previously but now, he looks like the most sorted. 

kooki07 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

i never liked the Ruhaan he looked nano to me . as mishaan its not a love its the physical need s they are dying for it . veer truly loved mishit he never tried to go so close to her he had respected her like Ishaan .its the people wants to see the things which they like. 

FruitToasty thumbnail

Originally posted by: .SSSS.

Mishti is saying that she realized what love in real sense cause of Ruhaan and so she realized that she never loved Veer like this. As per her what she felt for Ruhaan is love. So why would she be unsure about what she has for Ruhaan.Infact it's her clarity of what she has for Ruhaan is made her realize what she has not for Veer.Mishti has been criticized for the one who wants to be in the image of her mother's daughter but not to be labeled as her father's daughter. And today when she finally finds enough strength that she decided to face what society labels her but just wanted to choose her love, which she felt is the best thing she can do for all of them in this situation.. isn't Mishti is supposed to be appreciated?!...

Ruhaan feeling bad for Veer and his love for Mishti are two different feelings. Why can't he feel both?! How does that even makes him hypocrite?! If Ruhaan is saying that he don't want to hurt Veer but allows himself to love Mishti then it's hypocrisy!. No, he is not doing that. He was aware that this could hurt Veer and he was taking the accountability of what is happening. Like you said he prioratized his love over his friendship. And he has been consistent. 

Please read the post again.. 

When you have been in a relationship you thought was love but you realize after sending out wedding cards that you never loved the guy, there has to be a moment where a person will think "What if this is not love?" She was sure what she had for Veer was love before Ruhaan came in her life, wasn't she? I just listed this point because this will give more depth to her character and her reasoning of leaving Veer because she didn't love him. If she left Veer because she loves Ruhaan, then that's not what she told Radhika or Veer, I clearly mentioned that I am going by the reason Mishti gave to Veer and Radhika. If she says that the reason was her love for Ruhaan, then it's a different story... 

@Bold : Please tell me the scene where this happened, I will watch and appreciate it. 

About Ruhaan, I don't honestly see a character anymore, I mean he is just a plot device, like actresses in Salman Khan movies. When someone feels bad there is a mental block, he can't romance with Mishti then say he is feeling bad for Veer, this is hypocrisy. I don't have a problem with selfish or mean people as long as they own up to it. I didn't buy this when Nandini romanced with Kunal and said that she feels bad for Mauli. 

Again it's just an opinion. 

Edited by FruitToasty - 4 years ago
FruitToasty thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweetzzz

Arnav is coming out as a winner in all this, very mature 

FruitToasty thumbnail

Originally posted by: kooki07

i never liked the Ruhaan he looked nano to me . as mishaan its not a love its the physical need s they are dying for it . veer truly loved mishit he never tried to go so close to her he had respected her like Ishaan .its the people wants to see the things which they like. 

Mishaan are in love that's the story 

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

When the show began I criticized the writer continuously for not developing the characters. It seems the writer knew very well what they wanted & that is to prove Jazzbat/Intimacy over everything.

Mishti is and will always be better than Kunal because she didn't cheat. She openly talked to Veer & broke it off 

But other than that she is doing everything Kunal did - getting lost in Ruhaan's thought, being oblivious to what's happening for her one honest mistake & roaming around and romancing.

The writer has very conveniently reversed the gender & chose an actor who can't evoke emotion like Aditi did.

Have read post like for Veer she is a part of his world but Ruhaan treats her like a princess & how adorable that is. 🤮🤮🤮

Mind it Nandu did the same thing. She worshipped Kunal while Mauli, even after loving Kunal, had her own identity. At that time, Kunal was termed as chauvanist & Nandu as a vibrator and what not. But now simply by reversing the gender they have solved it all.

Such hypocrisy!!! 🤮🤮🤮

The characters were never the writer's headache. All he had to do was to prove Sab Ke Sab Jaye Bhad Mein, Mujhe Baas Hug Aur Kiss Karna Hain & gain audience's support.

So far they have done that brilliantly. 👏👏👏

.SSSS. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: FruitToasty

Please read the post again.. 

When you have been in a relationship you thought was love but you realize after sending out wedding cards that you never loved the guy, there has to be a moment where a person will think "What if this is not love?" She was sure what she had for Veer was love before Ruhaan came in her life, wasn't she? I just listed this point because this will give more depth to her character and her reasoning of leaving Veer because she didn't love him. If she left Veer because she loves Ruhaan, then that's not what she told Radhika or Veer, I clearly mentioned that I am going by the reason Mishti gave to Veer and Radhika. If she says that the reason was her love for Ruhaan, then it's a different story... 

@Bold : Please tell me the scene where this happened, I will watch and appreciate it. 

About Ruhaan, I don't honestly see a character anymore, I mean he is just a plot device, like actresses in Salman Khan movies. When someone feels bad there is a mental block, he can't romance with Mishti then say he is feeling bad for Veer, this is hypocrisy. I don't have a problem with selfish or mean people as long as they own up to it. I didn't buy this when Nandini romanced with Kunal and said that she feels bad for Mauli. 

Again it's just an opinion. 

She was saying that only guy she was close with was Veer and she has choosen to be committed to him so she is staying with him in a commitment and thinking it was love . She is saying to Veer that she was thinking what they both had was love but when she finally realized that what love is in true senses then she understood that she was never was in love with him.So she is referring that her realization of love for Ruhaan is what it gave clarity that she never felt love with Veer like this. She was even continuing to say that more but Veer was not in a state to listen. What she told to Rdahika is also almost same. She is saying that a person has to feel the need of seeing her love when she/he is dying but she hasn't felt that for Veer. She was in the uncertainity of her life and in that situation she was content die like that being with Ruhaan which made her realize that she is not in love with Veer. 

@bold.. she dealt with it when Veer mom was saying to her that she is like her father..this labelling doesn't made her flip flop again to go back to Veer even after having feelings for Ruhaan just to be in the image of a good person as per society norms. She accepted that she came to a situation in her life which she never wanted to , but when she is at this situation she has choosen her love which she believes is the best thing to do for everyone than thinking about her image..

After Ruhaan saying that he prioratizes his love for Mishti over everything else and himself too.. then if he don't try to make her feel lite in this situation cause which may make him remind that this might be the reason for his friend being hurt.. then it is hypocrisy. Now he is clear and consistent. Like you said, if he is merely a love interest of Mishti, then that's what he has choosen with clarity. Being a lover of her. 

Nandini was acting like she is totally unknown to how it could effect Mauli when she is romancing with Kunal and then only before Mauli she is saying that I never wanted to hurt you.. and all. Where as Ruhaan is always thinking himself and taking that accountability that he is betraying his friend but he doesn't want to cheat his own feelings. There is a lot of difference. Ruhaan can be blamed for anything but not definitely for being hypocrite. 

Edited by .SSSS. - 4 years ago