Radha Krishna

Jatila, Ayan and Me

ReadLo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

First of all I would like to apologize to Rushiraj Pawar and Malini Sengupta, it is not their fault if I can't love their character. I think this is the first time I don't even want to try to understand characters....

We'll start with Jatila. As usual, in bold which bothers me, and in italics my remarks. To finish in bold and italicized the punishments I see for them!

Jatila: She's greedy. She is manipulative and without remorse. Her husband did her a favor, she expected to get something back from that favor and when her husband kicked her out to punish her, instead of questioning herself, she just decided that her son would fulfill her dream ! Every scene of Jatila is a test of my patience. As soon as she appeared, she was the one who worried about the good of Radha's family, whereas all this is for her own good. She has never been honest for a single second when everyone shows her respect - that was never enough. The scene I hated the most was when she saw the snake eat the lamb, she dared to tell her son to bring the children back to the beach, so for her the life of others has no value as long as she has what she achieves her goal ? In "Moh" when Kans made Ayan his prisoner, she showed her true colours. She went crazy.  She often says that Radha is nothing to her, but for her son she tolerates it, but in fact even for him, sometimes she sacrifices Radha. 

I think her greatest punishment is to strip her of all her possessions. Avarice is a great defect, we should exile her away from everyone so she can meditate on her bad deeds !  But I wish it had been Kans who was telling Vrishban what he said. It would have been nice to see everyone's face about it!

Ayan: So he... I hate him very much! As soon as he appeared, I knew he'd know something was wrong. Priggy, full of anger, he is just the character you have to kill from the beginning so that you don't have to put up with him for long... But no, he will be the one who will be the fifth wheel of the carriage between RadhaKrishn. What I can't stand is when he says "meri Radha", it's not a person, it's not a thing. When Krishna says it it is said with love so it is not a problem, but it is to show that it is his possession. The same in the "Moh" track when he taunts Krishna about the fact that Radha is going to marry someone else, it is clear that he has no love in him, Radha is just a way for him to achieve his goals. In reality he just wants to be the King of Barsana and nothing else, Radha is just the bonus.

He has no good in him. You said you want him to change. Tell me how ? He tried to kill Krishna several times by helping Kans, he even tried to kill Vrishban who is the father of the girl he loves... When a person gets to that point, you really think. The part where Kans decided to eliminate love on earth. He understood that to touch Krishna, you have to touch Radha. If he really loved her, he should have rebelled against Kans, but no he pretended to cry in front of Radha and gave her the pearls. And when Krishna saved Radha, he looked at Radha just for a second before focusing on Krishna. So how do you girls expect a character like that to marry Radha? Radha who is a flower. She is naive on the edges because she sees and thinks only for the good of everyone. It's putting the same two ends of magnet facing each other and trying to stick them together, they will just repel each other, but never assemble....

His punishment as I told you before is to have him attend RadhaKrishn's wedding (although we know that won't happen), but it will show him that we can't play with other people's lives and wait to win in the end! It is not a question of redemption for him, he must pay and well as he should. 

I don't know what the CV's have planned for the two characters. But for antagonists, although Krishna has never let them win so far, even though he has given them some leeway from the beginning, he has played their game. But now I don't want him to win, or even for them to have any room for manoeuvre. It will only say "It's a Mythology story with Gods, but evil must still win", I think, there is a certain limit to my tolerance !