Sufiyana Pyaar Mera

On the face of it!

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM~ My Musing 20.5.19  On the face of it!

The episode predominantly plays around with the word face . Zaroon comes across an  encounter with an opponent, that is calledface off! in the game of ice hockey that he plays. The face off is really against Kainat who poses a potential hurdle between him and his Sufiyana love Saltanat.

Saltanat  in the opening scene with Neelam  seems to face the music , after her tough oath given to  Zainab. She realizes that the scheme she set up with Zainab,  was easier in theory, to vow on the holy book, but harder to give up her life, herlove Zaroon ,in order to save Kainat’s life. It seems a terribly hard ordeal for her to take on the face of it.  

The whole plan to put Zaroon through the test of spot the difference  between the faces  of the two cousins Saltanat and Kainat is initself a  lame idea to me. But than again it was something that Zaroon asked for, when he rejected Kainat on the basis ofher plain Jane appearance.  Saltanat he fell for instantly as soon as he set eyes upon her.The girls may look identical differentiated by the spectacles ! But as Zaroon clarifies that a face alone does not make a person. The character , personality,mindset of a person is what differentiates the two sisters.

On the face of it  Zaroon  I  think  didn’t give Kainat  the chance to learn aboutthe kind of person she was. With Saltanat he struck a positive chord with rightaway ! and it’s her ways, manners and thoughts that made him fall in love with Saltanat Mind you, in physical attractions ,first portal is one’s face. Then comes having respect, friendship and love  in loving someone. It’s hard to fathom why looks alone feature so much? as looks change over time, what remains is the bond two people nurture between themselves.

One strong scene in the episode is where Kainat decides to do away with the barefaced lie that is being shown to Zaroon. That  both  sistersdo look alike , therefore in nature too they are same as each other.  Whenthey are clearly not. Both sisters are a different person in their own  right. Zaroon’s intelligence I have to say, is grossly underestimated  in this whole Zainab , Saltanat , orchestrated scheme. Would it be easy for Zaroon to drop Saltanat and pick up loving Kainat because both sisters share similar looks ?

No wonder he finds thespot the difference between the two , amusing and dead easy. He knew the pretty one is his Saltanat and the one without the makeup spectacled girl is Kainat! Yes Kainat puts on her specs and far fromloses her face! She is what she is.. not stunning, bubbly and attractive like her sister Saltanat,  but then she’d rather be herself! than Saltanat!

She shows her truecolours, her own face to Zaroon.. for she’d rather have him on her own terms,rather than as something bestowed upon her through Saltanat‘s charity, almost sacrificial efforts!

Saltanat and Zainab though.certainly lose face, and suffer humiliation before Kainat ‘s exposure of herreal not dolled up face! Both Zainab and Saltanat went through tearful  moments to put their game plan into action. Evenput  effort  ,in taking the services of  salon but all went down the drain. I think Kainat did the right thing, although it takes away slightly ,the value of  the sacrifice that Saltanat is willing to give, only to wipe the tears of a widow!

As for getting engaged to Humza, not just Kainat, but Saltanat  and Neelam too are hoping it does not happen. Kainat with firm faith still  hangs on to the out come of god’s decision, as to who will be her life partner, Zaroon  or Humza?

Humza too has a faceoff with his father,about having second thoughts about the engagement. He confesses before his father that he refuses this engagement for the sake of  Kainat ending her life! Humza’s father and Dadi refuse to accept his reluctance. As the last thing they want is to lose face before all!

Rubina too faces the music .. and what with her rude motor mouth threatening to leave Nadeem  if he  tries to stop the engagement  from happening! 

Now will the last minute divine intervention stop this engagement from happening? Will  Humza  say no to making Kainat his wife ? Well on the face of things, the bride and groom are ready! the stage is set, the rings have arrived! Will people suffer humiliation and lose face or will Humza save his father and his family’s face ?

The scheme where Zaroon parades between the two cousins. Seems almost that he is identifying which of the two? is the felon who stole his heart. Mind you, on the face of it  there are two unrequited lovers, namely Humza and Kainat , the other two  Zaroon and  Saltanat  both suffer the both sided  bitter sweet Sufiyana  love. Zainab  today seemed to  be lurking in the shadows, saving her face.

I shudder to think what will happen when  Kainat finds out that her mother played a key role in passing her off as Saltanat to dupe Zaroon into marrying he? In a way by being her real self, Kainat saves both Saltanat and her mother Zainab from losing face before others. For sinking so low as to using guile to hoodwink Zaroon that, if he can love Saltanat‘s face, then he can love Kainat’s face too when she puts on Saltanat’s face! But the question all need to face up to is, Is the person behind each face too the same? to Zaroon’s liking ?  21.5.19 hamlet53   

thanks Mishfan, Alujna21, Irshita for supporting my musings, love hammie

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

I am finding fewer and fewer reasons to defend Kainaat with every passing episode. Her unreasonableness, her stubbornness, and even her "Allah will fix it" attitude are making her unlikeable. I, no longer, see her attitude towards Allah as reverence but as blackmail. She wants Zaroon and Allah should give him to her because she has been good. How about answering the unspoken questions in that logic: What if Allah does not give you what you want? What if you haven't been good enough?

If Kainaat objected to looking like Sultanat, why didn't ask Sultanat to dress like her? She is not shy about expressing her opinions to Sultanat or Neelam.

One problem this creates for me that Kainaat is the most interesting person in the show. I want to know where she is going but I can neither sympathize with her nor understand her. In fact, I am rooting for her not getting Zaroon.😈

Zaroon and Sultanat's love needs a story. It exists but is not interesting enough to pay attention.

One more person I rooted for today - Humza. I liked how he struggled to explain why he wants to back out of engagement. He cares for Kainaat far more than I originally thought. Poor guy deserves someone sane.

Zaroon disingenuous friendship with Humza was pukeworthy today when he sees Humza struggling to say no to the engagement. He only has his own best interest in his heart as pushes Humza towards Kainaat.

Lonelythots thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

My biggest takeaway from the episode is Kainaat with her pride and steadfast faith refuses to be a pawn in her sisters game.. IMO quite a desirable quality in a person who could succeed Miajaan to become the dargah head.. but alas it has been highlighted for her ridiculous obsession with Zaroon..

Zainab has the most to lose in this battle.. she loses face, position, respect in the eyes of Miajaan when her conspiracy with Sultanat comes out in the open.. she loses her daughter when reality hits her that Sultanat indeed loves Zaroon.. will she accept her destiny as she is advising her daughter or will she cross over to the other side.. testing times indeed for her..

Hamza might have momentarily passed s the test of love as Sultanat puts it. But Dadi has not come this far in the battle to lose it over the youngsters childish games.. to win the war which is acquiring the gaddhi, she has to win the battle which is get hamza married to Kainaat.. 

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by Irshita

hello Irshita, good to see you

I am finding fewer and fewer reasons to defend Kainaat with every passing episode. Her unreasonableness, her stubbornness, and even her "Allah will fix it" attitude are making her unlikeable. I, no longer, see her attitude towards Allah as reverence but as blackmail. She wants Zaroon and Allah should give him to her because she has been good. How about answering the unspoken questions in that logic: What if Allah does not give you what you want? What if you haven't been good enough?

I can see where you are coming from..even her piety raises questions about how good she really is.  I  only  see her as a cloistered , perhaps  insecure girl. Zaroon was a new  lease of life for her. Her folly was she never expected rejection from this bloke who came for her. She can feel a certain hostility towards her and mother in the wider family. As such, her spiritual monologues with her god,act as a buttress  in her rejected self and give her hope. 

If Kainaat objected to looking like Sultanat, why didn't ask Sultanat to dress like her? She is not shy about expressing her opinions to Sultanat or Neelam.

One problem this creates for me that Kainaat is the most interesting person in the show. I want to know where she is going but I can neither sympathize with her nor understand her. In fact, I am rooting for her not getting Zaroon.smiley15

for me too she is the most interesting character.. although disliked, perhaps due to  her hopeless situation. But surely this is enough to keep the show chugging along, as our lovers continue romancing. I though  still hope Kainat gets stability and purpose in life.. and I don't mean Zaroon.. 

Zaroon and Sultanat's love needs a story. It exists but is not interesting enough to pay attention.

yes because Kainat is the common factor between them. either as a hurdle, or as an obligation to see her settled.

One more person I rooted for today - Humza. I liked how he struggled to explain why he wants to back out of engagement. He cares for Kainaat far more than I originally thought. Poor guy deserves someone sane.

he may love her,like he claims, actually rather comfortably  he has emerged on the horizon as the other man in Kainat's life. Already his sister Neelam dreads, her bro marrying Kainat.. this marriage too should not take place..

Zaroon disingenuous friendship with Humza was pukeworthy today when he sees Humza struggling to say no to the engagement. He only has his own best interest in his heart as pushes Humza towards Kainaat.

Zaroon is in the Humza affair only  as a means to an end.. lets see if Humza  keeps his word and rejects Kainat  or not?

thanks Irshita for an engaging comment.. meanwhile lets watch  the show together..

love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by Lonelythots 

hello mate,

My biggest takeaway from the episode is Kainaat with her pride and steadfast faith refuses to be a pawn in her sisters game.. IMO quite a desirable quality in a person who could succeed Miajaan to become the dargah head.. but alas it has been highlighted for her ridiculous obsession with Zaroon..

yes true-say  and to top it all she is woman would love to see her in a reigning  role.. your musings got me thinking,,

Zainab has the most to lose in this battle.. she loses face, position, respect in the eyes of Miajaan when her conspiracy with Sultanat comes out in the open.. she loses her daughter when reality hits her that Sultanat indeed loves Zaroon.. will she accept her destiny as she is advising her daughter or will she cross over to the other side.. testing times indeed for her..

does it then boil down to a mothers love? going to the other" reminds me of Ghazala's words to Zainab.." give up the timidity and join our gang" yes.. what happens when the scheme is exposed should be interesting to watch.. Mind you would she dare to move out bag and baggage with her daughter? that would be bold!

Hamza might have momentarily passed s the test of love as Sultanat puts it. But Dadi has not come this far in the battle to lose it over the youngsters childish games.. to win the war which is acquiring the gaddhi, she has to win the battle which is get hamza married to Kainaat.. 

great reply.. the old battle axe, will not miss this chance.. but Humza's test is to reject Kainat. What if he doesn't?  then  some hell will break lose I imagine,,

lets continue to watch the show mate, meanwhile loved your thought provoking  feedback  love hammie