Radha Krishna

The characters of RK and Me

ReadLo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Last night, I went back to the beginning of the series, I didn't watch everything, but just the passages I had in mind that were striking. 

I'm only talking about how the characters in the series are portrayed, and nothing else. 

I will say my feelings about each character, then in bold what bothers me and in italics my relevant remarks.... 

Krishn: He's a joker, he's on the edge of evil. Let's take the part where he makes Kans believe he burned all of Gokul. I found it mean, even though his goal was to go and live near Radha, it was still serious to burn down his village. Remorse was not really present, he justified his act with the fact that he must move forward on his path.... He speaks in enigma, we're not in his head, we're not supposed to understand him. Then the episodes passed, he focused on eliminating each of Radha's badha, he never justified his decisions, after I understand his objective, he wants Radha to be able to free herself from every thing that binds her to the earth, but he never explained it once. In the "bhay" part when the snake came, he promised to explain it all, after these passed over in silence. Until now, I liked the character because of Sumedh because he is very expressive, but sometimes it was hard to understand where the CV's are going with it. He is Divine when it serves them well.  As you said, he has hidden everything he has done, the only thing he does in front of everyone is when he releases Radha from a badha to teach him why this defect is to be avoided, otherwise it is silence.  Krishna's divinity is taken into account when he has to save the people of Vridavan-Barsana, otherwise the rest of the time, the CV's forget who he is and the mission he has, he is a complex character, he is used wrongly and through.

Radha: At first she was unbearable, they put all the faults in her. But the fact that they let him disrespect Krishna I found it unhealthy. Even if she doesn't know who he is. Their first meeting, she cried. His soul remembers, Krishna, even if his head is blocked, they should have been subtle. When she wasn't in angry mode, she became whiny. The part where they really misused it is in "irsha", I think that making a Goddess (even if she doesn't know who she is) makes it possible to make a big sin with the statue of MahaDev, it was the most impossible thing to do!  I understand that Krishna wants to make things understood through her, but she is only a puppet, lately she is more open, she does things, but they will still make her a puppet, and I think it's something I really can't accept!

Balram: At first, we saw him use his strength after all he is called "Bal", but little by little he just became the clown of the series. From time to time it makes things easier, but he has lost his identity. It is one of the most poorly exploited in months. He follows things, already when the "arrogance" part, when Radha punished him after he lost his bet I think it was the beginning of his descent. He no longer has any interaction with his mother Rohini, since "krodh", they made sure that his mother became Yashoda...

Yashoda: A very passive character, she is Krishna's mother hen, so it's normal that we often see her worry about him. But there is no interaction between mother and son. The only part that was good was in "krodh", if not nothing. It's just glued to the decor when it's needed or nothing. 

Nand: So I wonder, is he really supposed to be under Vrishban's command? Because I have the impression that he also follows what his friend tells him and that's all. Wasn't he supposed to be a King too? 

Rohini: We haven't seen him since March 13 when Vrishban had the accident. Even before that, she wasn't very present. She was just there to feed the boys when it was lunchtime, otherwise, where else would she be? In the background?

Vrishban: As I said, this is the character I don't like. I think Krishna should have taken his flaws to explain to the worlds because he is full of complexes...  He is a King, a King who is not impartial, he does not accept that he is questioned. I think the part I hated the most was "Moh and Krodh", and even now it's "abhimaan" with him. He says he loves Radha, but his love is what he wants, nothing more. "Maan" and"Samaan" this character only revolves around that. I thought at one point when he finally understood Krishna he will calm down a little, but no. He plays either the victim or the tyrant... 

Kritika: She's the only one who's perfect. Then it must be said that she is a rather silent character, just a support, so he is not likely to do anything stupid with her.... 

Jatila, Ayan and Ugrapat: Ugrapat is just cursed to have such a bad wife... His wife manipulates him, his son follows the same path as his mother... I wouldn't say what I think of Ayan you already know, he's just a bad character.

Devki and Vasudev: Vasudev, I never understand the expressions he makes. Already he is mute, he has said only one word since Krishna grew up is when Kans wanted to cut Devki's head in the "irsha" track otherwise, then he is more than a set... Devki a parrot, I apologize, but she's only repeating what we already know... The only time she's shown an interest in Krishna (apart from saying her son will kill Kans) is when she finds out he loves a girl named Radha, otherwise she thinks of nothing else but when Kans dies...

Kans: He is the only credible character, even he too is sometimes pushed to the extreme (as recently by getting him involved in RadhaKrishn's love life) otherwise, he follows the path to save his life... 

But in all this for orchards, we rarely see cows, I can count the number of times they put one.  ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿคช

I tell myself that the creators of the series have the wrong objective for the series.

Maybe it would have been easier if they had said to themselves, "this is what RadhaKrishna could have been" or something like that. We could have passed under silence some illogical things. 

They put us all in the same bag. Especially now that all the characters are being destroyed little by little. 

Here are some pictures I found on google of RadhaKrishna that I liked 

Link Image 1

Link Image 2

Link Image 3

Link Image 4 โค๏ธ

It was Cynthia at your service ๐Ÿค—.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail

Hmn... very interesting post Cynthia. I will  write more later. 

ReadLo thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Hmn... very interesting post Cynthia. I will  write more later. 

Okay, I'm waiting for your answer.

RainFire125 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Very well articulated Cynthia. Each and every character have been exploited in the wrong manner as per us. God only knows what the writer was thinking when he wrote this story!!

As I had mentioned before only Kirtida and Nand stand as they are supposed to be but again as you rightly pointed out 1. they are rarely there as a major contributor as they are only supporting pillars and 2. Nand is supposed to be the King of Braj and Vrindavana/Gokul dham. He considered Vrishbhan as a good friend but he has never lived in Barsana and neither has ever consulted Vrishbhan for anything in reality. He was very much respected all over braj bhumi as he was the chosed father of the Lord and he himself was a very pious person who knew who Radha is. Hence I will say they sort of messed him up as well :)

Balram ... oh Lord what can i say. These people turned him into a comic character, nothing else!! Basant is such a wonderful actor and if the writer could have read a little bit about Balrama, then Basant would have done a great job in justifying the Role. Balrama was a great support in Krishna's acts but again he was never a subdued person. He has a aura of being the most balshali and he was never afraid of anything. He knew what was to be and he just followed his karma as a semi-God in this dwapar yuga of Krishna leelas. I feel very very sad for Basant actually. I will soon write on Lord Balrama on the EDT thread.

I dont even want to talk about Ayan or Jatila.

Kans as you said is atleast doing things to save his life but again he did not even know of Radha's existence and he is not such a coward or a low esteem king to use a woman against the Lord. So massive lowness to this character here by the CVs.

Do I want to talk about Radha's character???? NOPE ... my blood will definitely start to boil.

And the Lord Krishna himself --- alas he is a Lord when he wants something out or when he wants to protect his people. Then too many a times he does not preempt things as he is supposed to, more so, as he is the writer of this whole yuga!!! I have disapproved of many of his deeds in this show and have written about them too.

My major disappointment is  -- no connection maintained between RK throughout while removing the vikars, Krshna was shown sad most of the times (why to do such a rachna when you yourself will be sad mostly), he was shown helpless many a times, and mainly HIS WAY OF TEACHING LOVE TO THE WORLD THROUGH REMOVING RADHA'S VIKARS IS ONE OF THE MOST PATHETIC WAY OF TELLING WHAT LOVE SHOULD BE ... I APOLOGIZE FOR MY WORDS HERE AND THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!!

So yes, agreed to what ever you have stated Cynthia. I believe we can rewrite this whole story in such a better and beautiful manner!!! They missed a golden opportunity i will say.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Cynthia and Gayatri, excellent posts. ๐Ÿค— Really missed such threads in this forum since long. The first attempt was done by Shruti Ravi once , but the content was different there, she treated the story in a different manner, then there was lull in making new threads, and then as Mod Mina revived the life in this forum with her thread, meanwhile Cynthia's entry changed the scene here completely. She started removing the curtains from all our minds with her logical questions -- said 'removing curtains' instead of lifting curtains because, with her words she simply started stirring emotions regarding Radha , her human nature , Krishna his indecisive divinity, Kans with a clouded mind, AJ as the most vicious and criminal characters in the world, we all agree with her logical conclusions. Every now and then with a tender feeling our Suta's outcries, my own way of expressing my love for Radha in my lyrical style , and my  irritation for  all those vikars and Badhas in to a tender lover Radha, the adoration of Sumi and the  Balram fans' presence, all added some colour to this forum. 

Still to write my opinion regarding the characters of this serial .๐Ÿ˜Š 

Viswasruti thumbnail

@Gayatri,My major disappointment is  -- no connection maintained between RK throughout while removing the vikars, Krshna was shown sad most of the times (why to do such a rachna when you yourself will be sad mostly), he was shown helpless many a times, and mainly HIS WAY OF TEACHING LOVE TO THE WORLD THROUGH REMOVING RADHA'S VIKARS IS ONE OF THE MOST PATHETIC WAY OF TELLING WHAT LOVE SHOULD BE ... I APOLOGIZE FOR MY WORDS HERE AND THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!!

I agree with your every word Gayatri, esp those in red. Using that phrase ' the most pathetic way of telling what love is ' --- you hit on the dot Madam !๐Ÿ‘

RainFire125 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

@Gayatri,My major disappointment is  -- no connection maintained between RK throughout while removing the vikars, Krshna was shown sad most of the times (why to do such a rachna when you yourself will be sad mostly), he was shown helpless many a times, and mainly HIS WAY OF TEACHING LOVE TO THE WORLD THROUGH REMOVING RADHA'S VIKARS IS ONE OF THE MOST PATHETIC WAY OF TELLING WHAT LOVE SHOULD BE ... I APOLOGIZE FOR MY WORDS HERE AND THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!!

I agree with your every word Gayatri, esp those in red. Using that phrase ' the most pathetic way of telling what love is ' --- you hit on the dot Madam !๐Ÿ‘

My pleasure mam :)

What else to say yaar. The way to teach love is to demonstrate through tough situations being together and here they conceptualized to teach love by telling how and why to remove the vikars and mostly wherein Radha never understood the why behind everything clearly and she was on the enemy side :( 

vinnas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Hii To All ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ my Self Chandu ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜ณused to love this Mythology โค๏ธShows Very MuchLoved RKโค๏ธfrom it Beginning to Until the tracks Started on Eliminate Vikars from Radha ๐Ÿ˜› Can Able to See the Bhay โค๏ธthen few of Moh ๐Ÿ˜›and Lost interest to Switch in .The Way Those Tracks Shown And All Characters Explained Here in Post ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘.is it Really Path of Love Derived From RK๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜” Wat makers Want exactly ๐ŸฅบUsed to watch Sidt All shows ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†they show Distortions too Very Much ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸผBut All this Characterizations Putting again Don't want to Watch ๐Ÿค”โ“hope further show any modifications ๐Ÿ˜ณ..

Wonderful Post ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸผCynthia ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜ƒKeep Write More ..

Edited by vinnas - 4 years ago
ReadLo thumbnail

Originally posted by: RainFire125

Very well articulated Cynthia. Each and every character have been exploited in the wrong manner as per us. God only knows what the writer was thinking when he wrote this story!!

As I had mentioned before only Kirtida and Nand stand as they are supposed to be but again as you rightly pointed out 1. they are rarely there as a major contributor as they are only supporting pillars and 2. Nand is supposed to be the King of Braj and Vrindavana/Gokul dham. He considered Vrishbhan as a good friend but he has never lived in Barsana and neither has ever consulted Vrishbhan for anything in reality. He was very much respected all over braj bhumi as he was the chosed father of the Lord and he himself was a very pious person who knew who Radha is. Hence I will say they sort of messed him up as well :)

Balram ... oh Lord what can i say. These people turned him into a comic character, nothing else!! Basant is such a wonderful actor and if the writer could have read a little bit about Balrama, then Basant would have done a great job in justifying the Role. Balrama was a great support in Krishna's acts but again he was never a subdued person. He has a aura of being the most balshali and he was never afraid of anything. He knew what was to be and he just followed his karma as a semi-God in this dwapar yuga of Krishna leelas. I feel very very sad for Basant actually. I will soon write on Lord Balrama on the EDT thread.

I dont even want to talk about Ayan or Jatila.

Kans as you said is atleast doing things to save his life but again he did not even know of Radha's existence and he is not such a coward or a low esteem king to use a woman against the Lord. So massive lowness to this character here by the CVs.

Do I want to talk about Radha's character???? NOPE ... my blood will definitely start to boil.

And the Lord Krishna himself --- alas he is a Lord when he wants something out or when he wants to protect his people. Then too many a times he does not preempt things as he is supposed to, more so, as he is the writer of this whole yuga!!! I have disapproved of many of his deeds in this show and have written about them too.

My major disappointment is  -- no connection maintained between RK throughout while removing the vikars, Krshna was shown sad most of the times (why to do such a rachna when you yourself will be sad mostly), he was shown helpless many a times, and mainly HIS WAY OF TEACHING LOVE TO THE WORLD THROUGH REMOVING RADHA'S VIKARS IS ONE OF THE MOST PATHETIC WAY OF TELLING WHAT LOVE SHOULD BE ... I APOLOGIZE FOR MY WORDS HERE AND THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!!

So yes, agreed to what ever you have stated Cynthia. I believe we can rewrite this whole story in such a better and beautiful manner!!! They missed a golden opportunity i will say.

Knowing that Radha is the main character of the series, I really thought it was a shame to see that she is a simple puppet who follows things without ever doing anything for herself. And I am not sure in the future that she will make her point of view known....

Krishna even worse. I think that because they played with him, a God moment, a simple teenage moment, I ended up not even paying attention to his words anymore. Already when he told Balram that they are in the human world to do things humanly, I already found this situation strange and then an asore came along and he used his powers, but hiding it. What was the purpose?

Exactly. She woke up without vikas, and we went straight to the story I want to get married. They did not even exploit the fact that Radha is "pure". I still don't think I can understand them. 

I understand your feeling, indeed it's quite pathetic. They wanted to show us love, except we don't see where love is in all its drama. Already we have to deal with Jatila and Ayan (we forget Kans), but on top of that, Krishna left a lot of injustice to do before correcting them! 

I would say as always. They have enough to make a good show, but they always manage to ruin everything. 

ReadLo thumbnail

Cynthia and Gayatri, excellent posts. ๐Ÿค— Really missed such threads in this forum since long. The first attempt was done by Shruti Ravi once , but the content was different there, she treated the story in a different manner, then there was lull in making new threads, and then as Mod Mina revived the life in this forum with her thread, meanwhile Cynthia's entry changed the scene here completely. She started removing the curtains from all our minds with her logical questions -- said 'removing curtains' instead of lifting curtains because, with her words she simply started stirring emotions regarding Radha , her human nature , Krishna his indecisive divinity, Kans with a clouded mind, AJ as the most vicious and criminal characters in the world, we all agree with her logical conclusions. Every now and then with a tender feeling our Suta's outcries, my own way of expressing my love for Radha in my lyrical style , and my  irritation for  all those vikars and Badhas in to a tender lover Radha, the adoration of Sumi and the  Balram fans' presence, all added some colour to this forum. 

Still to write my opinion regarding the characters of this serial .๐Ÿ˜Š 

I am happy to bring the forum to life. CV's give me something to write about. I think it's the first time in 10 years, I'm also revolted by a show.