Sufiyana Pyaar Mera

A plea spoken in confidence

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM~18.5.19~ A plea spoken in confidence

When Zainab and Mainjaan approached Saltanat and Zaroon , regards Kainat, they kept in mind that both thesechildren could be entrusted to observe a degree of confidentiality. The elders in their own way, had their own specific reasons to seek the help from the younger generation. Mainjaan choses Zaroon to motivate Humza to attract Kainat’sinterest in her future husband.Mainjaan felt that  Humza would relate better to Zaroon, than to him, whom he views as an elder.

When Zainab intimates Saltanat of her fears about Kainat and seeks a favour from her. Zainab too like Mainjaan, puts her complete confidence in Saltanat. Believes that Saltanat would not divulge all spoken to her in confidentiality by Zainab before others. But we see, both Zaroon and Saltanat  are not able to maintain the confidentiality invested in them by their elders. Their own romantic interests in each other,too continues progress in the form of their amorous flirting games at the expense of  Kainat. Besides we also see Saltanat, how for the sake of her friendship with cousin Neelam, easily forgoes her sacred vow given to Zainab; that she will motivate, rather manipulate Zaroon into falling  for Kainat.

There lies disparity in Saltanat’s defence of Zaroon that he does not love Kainat , thus it would be unfair for Kainat, to be pushed her into a loveless marriage. Saltanat chooses to ignore that forcing Kainat into marrying Humza would also result in a loveless marriage for Kainat..

Neelam,on the other hand uses emotional blackmail to force Saltanat to break her vows of discretion.After this confiding, justifying  session between the two friends, what guarantee does Saltanat have that the information of Zainab seeking a favour from her, will not spread through the great vine ?

In confidence conspiracies, too can hatch. The episode, to me, paints Zainab as a selfish manipulating mother who will go to great lengths to  achieve what her daughter Kainat wants. It shows that Zainab, choses Saltanat the greatest threat that Kainat has, that prevents her from achieving Zaroon, to help her get Zaroon.To me  Saltanat narrative to Neelam seems to suggest  that Zainab emotionally blackmails Saltanat in playing the poor fatherless Kainat card! 

For me what Zainab reveals about Kainat may well be true. All others around her, Neelam, Saltanat  have fathers, bar Kainat. The father figure is amiss in her life.  Sure Kainat has other male figures in her family; other male role models Kainat looks up to. The strongest one being Mainjaan .. but I can understand that she relates more to him as her grandfather and not really as her father. It just may be possible that seeing Nadeem and Saltanat is more of a bond that Kainat can relate to and misses it. So I do believe in this bit of Zainab's stance.   As Zainab confides in Saltanat, that in Zaroon she perhaps see's the hope of getting a male role model back in her life .Although I may just add that in Zaroon’s case it is more a matter that relates directly to Kainat's heart. I suppose It's an honest filling of the gap, left in her life with the loss of her father. All in all, from family bonding point of view,the scene moves emotions. Zainab clearly trusts Saltanat  who in turn shows regard, value and affection for her aunt.  

But one thing the scene also brings out for me, is that the socio structure that Zainab, Kainat , Sultanat all belong to,leans more towards the presence of the patriarchal figure within the family. One who holds the power of decision making, especially when it comes to key landmark decisions. Although, alongside we also have Mainjaan, who preaches, practices, and promotes where appropriates, gender equality in the teachings of Islamic faith.

Curtain raisers! The visit to the salon for Kainat’s makeover is truly to erase any difference between the two sisters! Kainat and Zaroon both will  be forced to face a challenge. Kainat  to work out a riddle.Zaroon to spot the difference! Kainat does suspect foul play ,but goes along with the deed. Little does she know that her own mother, her rival in love, and her future sister in law are all in this  plot that revolves around her!

Like it or not, but Kainat is the bane of many lives! Rubina half given the chance would rather hack her! for influencing her husband Nadeem  with her poor Kainat predicament. The scene between a evasdropping  Zaroon ,Ghazala, and Rubina, is all about confiding in Zaroon that no matter what! he will surely get Saltanat, rest assured!  Let's just send Kainat packing off! with Humza first!

Some light conspiracy too! that eventually leads to a romantic interlude between our clandestine lovers! Juman chachaa  spots the Shah daughters out and about. The whole scene is about keeping secrets from Mainjaan .. the girls hiding and sneaking back into the house, the older women covering each others backs, yet squealing the truth about one’s opponent!  Yet the scene  gears up to  show Zaroon in a positive light! That Zaroon,the smart blue eyed boy! had already sought Mainjaan’s permission to take the girls to the parlour!

Saltanat without fail, gives Zaroon prior warning that she is about to make a move in their game. This time a move that is all about spot the difference! Between two look alike objects! Will he win ?or will he lose? He might not.. as both Kainat and Saltanat are not inert objects, but real people. Who have their own strengths and weakness.. I want to see more of their weaknesses amalgamated to emerge as their strength!

The highlight of the episode ,for me is how the script writers are subtly tainting the characters of  the vulnerable mother and daughter. Seems that those who are lacking in peace, joy and confidence  are the ones who are being robbed of what little dreams they have. While others who have all in plenty! are given even more! ..19.5.19

Mishfan, Irshita ,Lonelythots,Nusi  thanks for liking my writings.. love hammie

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lonelythots thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Hello hammie.. 

Looks like I am right.. the writers are taking the feedback across the board vis a vis the characters.. I.e Zaroon identifying Sultanat.. and now the viewers being shown that Sultanat is doing all this for a promise that she gave to her tai ammi.. 

Looking forward to see if Kainat’s delusion breaks with zaroon identifying Sultanat or is she just going to continue with her i’ve Put forth my case to allah and he will take care..now that things have come to this point, the story has to move forward.. how long can they be playing mangni mangni with the different pairs.. things have to take a dramatic turn.. 

am waiting to see how and when the truth plays out in front of Miajaan.. his most favorite Bahu and grand-daughter have strayed and how.. like Zainab actually hints that Saltanat being a kid would still be forgiven but she will not .. Zainab probably realizes her place in the house and also understands she is doing wrong  and yet she chooses to risk it all for the love of her daughter.. what would Kainaat/ zainab’s fate be? 

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by Lonelythots..

Hello hammie.. 

hello mate,  great you managed to read and comment..it was a late post  by me

Looks like I am right.. the writers are taking the feedback across the board vis a vis the characters.. I.e Zaroon identifying Sultanat.. and now the viewers being shown that Sultanat is doing all this for a promise that she gave to her tai ammi.. 

yes  its good that the creatives  check the  forum feedback  of the viewers ..and they probably got some fresh ideas to include in the track..   I should have guessed after Saltanat's refusal to Zaroon,  Zainab would be tempted to influence Saltanat 

Looking forward to see if Kainat’s delusion breaks with zaroon identifying Sultanat or is she just going to continue with her i’ve Put forth my case to allah and he will take care..now that things have come to this point, the story has to move forward.. how long can they be playing mangni mangni with the different pairs.. things have to take a dramatic turn.. 

yes  right you are, maybe  Kainat too should refuse  to accept  Humza.. something that Saltanat had already suggested she should have done in the first place!  Mind you if this happens it'll throw a spanner in the works!  However the last thing I want is Kainat doing the ending her life bit.. puts me right off the show.. a serious issue is treated flippantly.. what with so many infirm, receiving treatment, grappling with life threatening illness ..  just to live !

I too want Kainat to get over Zaroon, she deserves better.. 

am waiting to see how and when the truth plays out in front of Miajaan.. his most favorite Bahu and grand-daughter have strayed and how.. like Zainab actually hints that Saltanat being a kid would still be forgiven but she will not .. Zainab probably realizes her place in the house and also understands she is doing wrong  and yet she chooses to risk it all for the love of her daughter.. what would Kainaat/ zainab’s fate be? 

good point and quite a bit of drama expected ! especially because the current  set of sister in laws ,are clearly not fond of as you put it   the fav daughter in law and grand daughter, falling out of favour with the  Mainjaan.. I Wish he hadn't shown such favouritism  . its clearly seen as unjust  and   has created discord in the fold..

Zainab and Kainat's fate hope they are not kicked out of the Shah mansion! something I daresay Rubina would love to see!  Besides  the way the story is moving.. the  righteous havemuch suffering  coming their way, as tears, struggle, suffering  formula seems to sell well.. and yes the two Saltanat and Zaroon will unite and live happily ever after.. I want to know more about the underdogs of this story. But's that's just me..love stories are not my forte.. on that note Kainat does need a good shake up! get real! get a job!  step out of  the  fortress!

there.. me had my moan.. pardon me.. your comment did get me thinking Lonelythots..  thanks. ..love hammie

Lonelythots thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Me thinks Miajaan’s fondness for Zainab and Kainat stems from the fact that they are obedient of his wishes and religious teachings..

this obsession of Kainaat is something that would throw the old man off guard.. and like Zainab worried, how many more insults in the form of rejection from the younger lot can the man survive.. he really needs to discipline the kids in a sterner way.. the old man is really trying to strike a balance with this younger generation  and these people seem to misuse that very openness of his mind..

It’s actually sad that the once righteous and traditionalists are being tainted and painted with black strokes. 

Coming to Kainat, I think she really needs a harsh treatment to wake up. May be a dramatic sequence does await her where she is made to realize that zaroon wouldn’t bat an eyelid even if she ends her life? But again would she have a journey of her own or would she just remain the third angle in Saroon?  

Saroon don’t excite me., they love each other and they know it too.. let’s see what more is there for them.. 

Hamlet53 thumbnail

originally posted by Lonelythots

hiya  me back

Me thinks Miajaan’s fondness for Zainab and Kainat stems from the fact that they are obedient of his wishes and religious teachings..

yes obedience is the key..  which father wouldn't love this quality  in his child .. but in this case  it does not give Mainjaan  the desired outcome..  now he feels that  he has to set up Kainat with the next person Humza.. it's really a compensation 

this obsession of Kainaat is something that would throw the old man off guard.. and like Zainab worried, how many more insults in the form of rejection from the younger lot can the man survive.. he really needs to discipline the kids in a sterner way.. the old man is really trying to strike a balance with this younger generation  and these people seem to misuse that very openness of his mind..

yes and his fledglings  are all in on Kainat's  setback.. yes Mainjaan is a scholar, into life long learning ,his interactions with the young ones  as much as he desires, still maintains a reluctance from them to reveal all before him. But no doubt when he finds out  about Kainat's state of mind  he is likely to be deeply disturbed. See, secrecy is kept. In a odd way   both Saltanat provides cover for Kainat.. cover from Mainjaan's wrath..and Zaroon to looks out for Kainat, just to please Saltanat

It’s actually sad that the once righteous and traditionalists are being tainted and painted with black strokes. 

this deeply discourages  the good and the my generations lover  within me..   Fed up of  over coverage of evil  in the entertainment wait.. 

Coming to Kainat, I think she really needs a harsh treatment to wake up. May be a dramatic sequence does await her where she is made to realize that zaroon wouldn’t bat an eyelid even if she ends her life? But again would she have a journey of her own or would she just remain the third angle in Saroon?  

it's not that he hasn't  told her before that she isn't  his type.. Kainat  is  the one with the issue.. she hangs on to her faith that god will give her the one person she desires. I  know Zainab  tells Saltanat  that Kainat  always had to have what Saltanat  had. I  did wonder does Zaroon too fall in that category, but soon recall ,that  probably not, as Zaroon initially  came for Kainat! and that's what she hangs on to!

well  I have already said she needs a wake up call. 

Saroon don’t excite me., they love each other and they know it too.. let’s see what more is there for them.. 

they put me off, because of the silly games they play! any way Lonelythots, let's wait until Eid, like Zaroon said.. he might give us some good news?

loved your feedback,love hammie

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

I liked the speed with which the story moved the latter half of last week.  All characters are clearer and firmer than ever before:

- Sultanat's motive behind her actions makes sense, her intentions are clear
- Kainaat is a darker grey than before; her mother is aiding her delusion indirectly
- Zainab is an expert in manipulations, maybe that is the reason why Rubina doesn't like her much. That sob-story about "fatherlessness" was such BS. I thought Kainaat was looking for a husband, not a father. These are not inter-changeable gaps of heart.

I also think Zaroon is going to be very much like Miajaan if he gets the gaddi - usool-vadi, patriarchal. His act of getting permission from Miajaan shows the value that he places in Miajaan's opinion. On the negative side, it also shows his acceptance of status-quo, where a only man can decide when women of the house can go out.

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by Irshita

helloo mate,  was looking out for your comment

I liked the speed with which the story moved the latter half of last week.  All characters are clearer and firmer than ever before:

yes that's for sure..at least its not dragging. yes when characters are clarified to a certain degree, without, of course  giving away the plot..then its easier for us to draw conclusions

- Sultanat's motive behind her actions makes sense, her intentions are clear
- Kainaat is a darker grey than before; her mother is aiding her delusion indirectly
- Zainab is an expert in manipulations, maybe that is the reason why Rubina doesn't like her much. That sob-story about "fatherlessness" was such BS. I thought Kainaat was looking for a husband, not a father. These are not inter-changeable gaps of heart.

have to say the word Yatim.. was reiterated by Zainab, its then  that I began to worry about  what she was asking from a girl the same age as her own daughter.. Maybe Zainab somewhere feels she has  some right over Saltanat .. It worries me that she knows Zaroon  had refused Kainat ,and she still is giving it one more last shot!

I also think Zaroon is going to be very much like Miajaan if he gets the gaddi - usool-vadi, patriarchal. His act of getting permission from Miajaan shows the value that he places in Miajaan's opinion. On the negative side, it also shows his acceptance of status-quo, where a only man can decide when women of the house can go out.

Zaroon's first challenge, as I see it  will be how he relates to the masses..but yes you are right that he would rather go for the right than wrong. Or is he smart enough to work out what  goes well with Mainjaan.. his cover up for the girls  was rather flippant .. more humorous . but he did as a man chaperone the girls, although  it could also be the done and safe tack to take perhaps . 

thanks for a thought provoking comment.. love hammie