Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Bollywood influence in Aladdin:Will Smith explains

willina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Will Smith reveals he wanted to go full Bollywood with AladdinListen

Hollywood star Will Smith is notably quite a massive Bollywood buff and it looks like his obsession is now leading to him asking for his movies to add a touch of the Indian cinema in them as well.

According to reports, the 50-year-old Suicide Squad actor during a red carpet event in Tokyo revealed that his upcoming highly anticipated film Aladdin includes him doing his ‘best Bollywood version.’

'Aladdin' is hot... you are going to love it! I was trying to do my best Bollywood version in this movie and there is a Prince Ali sequence in the film and I kept telling Guy Ritchie you got to go full Bollywood, you have to give them full Bollywood flavour," he stated.

He went on to reveal who he would like to collaborate with in Bollywood saying: "I have been visiting India, meeting and hanging out. They need to present me something, bring me something. I don't know what do we want to do - but we should start, we should produce it to together."

The live-action adaption of the iconic tale of Aladdin directed by Guy Ritchie is prepping up to hit theaters on May 24 and alongside Smith, is starring Naomi Scott as Jasmine and Marwan Kenzari as Jafa

------------------------------------------

signature

I have opened a youtube account and need a 1000 subscribers to enter their youtube partnership program.If you like my videos, or just as a act of kindness, please subscribe to my channel  PurpleBee. It would mean a lot to me!

link==> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIQj7-M8gmtH66OGvR1MGWA

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

It looks nothing like bolly films 😁

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

its more of China meets Middle East version......

Subscribed to your account, but beware........there are few members who misuse such personal info.....and harass people

willina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: anjs

its more of China meets Middle East version......

Subscribed to your account, but beware........there are few members who misuse such personal info.....and harass people

Anything That has a song n dance is typecast into Bollywood model....I feel the film is a hopscotch! lol

Thanks! yeah I will be careful of it, Thank You...

RheaSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

this film has 0 buzz considering the animated version was a smash hit..

when it was released in India people didn't watch it but at that time people would wait for word of mouth to grow for 1-2 weeks and that's what happened with the older version. It became a superhit in India. the songs were also very very popular..

neither d lead actor nor the actress has the charm and will smith has already been trolled..their silver lining is China where it can do amazing business

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

This is an insult to Bollywood actually.

hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

And in process, its ruined. The movie gives me full on BW vibes. The thumbnail is even similar to Imtiaz Ali's Laila Majnu.

ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: Mishh007

This is an insult to Bollywood actually.

So true😒 These Westerners look at Bollywood and India like it is some blingy circus and their interpretation of Bollywood is so effing tacky. I agree that Bollywood has music, dance, a lot of colours and sparkle but it is arranged tastefully. Even bad Bollywood dance sequences are better compared to Hollywood's interpretation of Bollywood musicals. 

Also isn't Aladdin based on an Arabian fairytale?  What has India and Bollywood got to do with it? Ignorance at best😒

mango.chutney thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

They are trying to pander to India so badly. I haven't liked any live action Disney film but Aladdin was one I grew up on so I was a bit curious for this one...not anymore though.  

Sidenote: Aladdin is originally a Chinese story. Not sure how the Middle Eastern flare came to it, but it stuck. And I agree, what does sing and dance have to do to exclusively with BW? All Disney films have singing and dancing so....?