Sufiyana Pyaar Mera

One plastic smile...

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM  ~ My musings 15.5.19  One  Plastic smile…

The human countenance apart from features also has the skill toexpress the myriad of emotions  and workings of the mind upon it. The smile, a curving upwards of muscles around the mouth , itself can give various signals about what a person thinks and feels. The obvious one denotes happiness. But it can express a sneer and mischief too. It could well be an expression showing favour, kindness. A smilecould just as well show disdain or derision .This episode for me expresses a variety of smiles.

Right at the Iftari table Sultanat and Zaroon exchange, lovey dovey smiles. The throwing and picking up the gauntlet continues between them, Sultanatgives him a smile, which seems to express , that little does he know what sheis up to. To make sure this sham wedding does not go through!

Zaroon teams up with Humza to infiltrate the area of the dancingbelles/aunties and who knows grans as well! The two cheeky smiling boys are caught and shooed away! Zaroon's face lines up with giddy love torn smiles! As his goal is to check out his love interest Saltanat doing a jig a mig!

The Shah family’s faces show joy in celebrating a nuptial of two children within the family. We hear  it’s been a while since wedding bells sounded in the house. So joyous smiles beam!  particularly on the faces of the varied ages of women folk in the Shah family. A prenuptial celebration of song and dance is in full swing that ushers in the approaching wedding of Humza to Kainat. The bride stands out as the only one who wears a bland almost lack lustre smile.Kainat is the centre of attraction. Her mother Zainab caresses her daughters face , almost to encourage Kainat to put on a plastic smile to mark the occasion and to show appreciation for the full on celebrations that Rubina and Ghazala have orchestrated largely.

Even Mainjaan wears a content confident smile. Auspicious things are happening according to plan in his clan. The only one who has no reason to smile openly is Kainat. Culturally too, girls are expected to appear, demure, docile and subtle. But the truth of the matter is, her heart and soul are not in this alliance, so how can she stick on a smile, that shows her heart’s desire? It is noticeable when she catches Zaroon’s, what she sees as a caring smile. A shy smile from her is sent  to Zaroon. Her smile I think, puts Zaroon’s mind at rest, that this wedding is still on!

A mute, almost robotic Kainat sits, surrounded with animated females fussing around her, doing the rituals.Well at least Kainat’s broken heart, brings joyful smiles on other people's faces.

One pair of sneaky busy bodies, Neelam and Saltanat play a deceptive text message games. Both  see it as risky, bit nevertheless  good fun. Saltanat  has to understand that  as part of beating Zaroon at this game of oneup man ship! This texting, swapping phones! pretending to be one which one isnot! is downright deceptive and bogus! Why was Neelam scripting? and Sultanat who I thought had her head screwed the right way ;  pretending to be Kainat! This is not, all ‘s fair in love and war! As Neelam justifies flippantly! Whose love?and whose war?  And where is the fairness?More like fun time meddling in two decent people’s lives. Mind you I would like to reminder this pair, that both Humza and Kainat are family members!  so respect for family.

There seems to be something not quite right with this Neelam.. sheis clearly not in favour of having Kainat as her brother Humza’s wife!  Sultanat and Neelam seem quite close. To me   she seems to be like Sultanat’s sidekick, helping her in all the pranks theypull. I recall it was Sultanat with Neelam who went to receive Zaroon from theairport.  Both seem to gel well together.Only in this distasteful texting phone call scenario.. it’s more than a prank!Makes me wonder about the good will Saltanat has towards Kainat.. especiallywhen in character Saltanat tells Humza over the phone that she’ll commit suicide! If he doesn’t say no to hismarriage to Kainat .. reject Kainat , just like Zaroon did and Mainjaan  will accept his right to choose his bride.

Only Humza takes the test of love seriously.. assures the in roleKainat that he will say no to the alliance, just to prove his love for Kainat!Both Neelam and Saltanat smile broadly from cheek to cheek! Seeing that theirmission of blocking this marriage has succeeded! The matter to give thought tois , that  were both these girls telling fibs, to expose the truth that Kainat is not smiling about marrying Humza? Allowing Humza on the other hand to prove his worth to Kainat.. by undergoing any test to keep her happy!

But the truth as I see it, is all this scheming and plotting Saltanat and Neelam are involved in, is happening behind the backs of Kainat and Humza.Imagine what will happen when Kainat discovers that  she was in conversation with Humza abouttheir  marriage? what will her reaction be? Will she be smiling to show her happiness, as her mother Zainab thinks itto be..

Frankly this episode did my head in! was not sure what was thepurpose of this foul play? Neelam  andSultanat seem to be ganging up against Kainat .. mind you I did notice that thecvs played soulful music ,when Kainat was portrayed as a girl forced into amarriage she did not want..  so were Neelam and Saltanat acting as two blessings in disguise for Kainat ? .16.5.19Hamlet53.

Mishfan,Nusi, madz, irshita,Jenelle, thanks for your likes..lovehammie

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ALUJNA21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Nice post but, I must say it, what I think and feel while watching...when zaroon smiles whenever something happened it looks disgusting "to me"as it looks as if he's giving an evil smile to show he won. He's the male lead but he looks as if he's the villain instead.

I'm entitled to my pov.

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

This is a strange show where CVs seem to dislike their own creations. Zaroon gets more callous every day as instead of understanding Kainaat pain of unrequited love, he pushes her harder towards Humza. Sultanat is willing to go to any lengths to get the wedding canceled - instead of the subterfuge, why not talk to Kainaat and her mom to take a stand. Kainaat has shown enough backbone recently that Sultanat should have some confidence in Kainaat's abilities to protect her own interests. Sultanat flushed high moral down the tube with those glasses and the telephone call to Humza.

And what is Neelam's interest? - is she rooting for Sultanat and Humza?

Kainaat - I felt no sympathy for her yesterday. I don't understand people who sit under a neem tree, praying for a mango to fall in their lap. Plus She is so unhappy with life that I think that she is no longer capable of feeling happiness. 

Hamlet53 thumbnail

originally posted by ALUJAN21

Nice post but, I must say it, what I think and feel while watching...when zaroon smiles whenever something happened it looks disgusting "to me"as it looks as if he's giving an evil smile to show he won. He's the male lead but he looks as if he's the villain instead.

I'm entitled to my pov.

hello ALUJAN, great to see you on this thread.. Zaroon's smile.. is transparent, as you put it  "evil "  like he's up to no good, creepy, competitive. With regards to him being the male lead.. I wonder if cv's  intentionally give him the shady guy persona , so that the two females  appear more stronger  in comparison to him.. I know Sultanat  gives him as good as she gets! whereas Kainat too in her  quaint ways, is more engaging than Zaroon is. 

glad you wrote what you thought ALUJAN, I encourage readers to speak their mind..  that way, I  too get to know  what others, muse about.

thanks for commenting ,love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

originally posted by Irshita

helooo Irshita,  just straggled in from work.. traffic was horrendous !

This is a strange show where CVs seem to dislike their own creations. Zaroon gets more callous every day as instead of understanding Kainaat pain of unrequited love, he pushes her harder towards Humza. 

look he is working to a strict agenda, he saved her, but that too, was to I dare add , to strengthen  his case.  Apart from that I can't help feel he also aspires  to  remain the blue eyed boy  before the families.. Irshita CVs, also perhaps   adhere to the formula that  a trace of negativity in the leads characterisation,  keeps audiences tuned to the show.. as sadly vice sells better than virtue.. I personally cannot swallow  shows that   make vice constantly  over coming virtue.. I find it spiritually discouraging.. like good always losing.

Sultanat is willing to go to any lengths to get the wedding canceled - instead of the subterfuge, why not talk to Kainaat and her mom to take a stand. 

yes me to agree with your stance, but this CV's think would be too routine.Too close to reality, CVs want drama and ripples to form in sequences..

Kainaat has shown enough backbone recently that Sultanat should have some confidence in Kainaat's abilities to protect her own interests. Sultanat flushed high moral down the tube with those glasses and the telephone call to Humza.

here CVs certainly made me wonder if Saltanat is Kainat's " friend or foe".. both  her and Neelam in the garb of  hypocrisy, back stabbing Kainat. 

And what is Neelam's interest? - is she rooting for Sultanat and Humza?

hainnnnn? haaaa haa , you never know.. Neelam is beginning to annoy me..

Kainaat - I felt no sympathy for her yesterday. I don't understand people who sit under a neem tree, praying for a mango to fall in their lap. Plus She is so unhappy with life that I think that she is no longer capable of feeling happiness. 

ohhhh loved your  idiom.. especially the mango bit.. here the ones about, are supermarket  produce.. Now look Irshita, Kainat  creating a scene would be  out of place for her.. Mind you I feel she awaits for god's final judgement regards her shaadi.. I  too am keen to see if her prayers are answered.. I reckon  in this predicament, she probably rather not lock horns with her mother.. let's see what happens in today's episode.. will she  still remain mute or  have her say !

thanks for sharing your interesting thoughts, Irshita, look forward to hearing from you . love hammie

ALUJNA21 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Hamlet53

originally posted by ALUJAN21

I'm entitled to my pov.

hello ALUJAN, great to see you on this thread.. Zaroon's smile.. is transparent, as you put it  "evil "  like he's up to no good, creepy, competitive. With regards to him being the male lead.. I wonder if cv's  intentionally give him the shady guy persona , so that the two females  appear more stronger  in comparison to him.. I know Sultanat  gives him as good as she gets! whereas Kainat too in her  quaint ways, is more engaging than Zaroon is. 

glad you wrote what you thought ALUJAN, I encourage readers to speak their mind..  that way, I  too get to know  what others, muse about.

thanks for commenting ,love hammie

Initially, while watching Amla the first episode he appeared I was thinking he's one among the rapists I mean, who were negative then I got to know he's the male lead.

Then he started to work on his acting, which was more, precise, subtle, calm and suitable with the part he was playing.

Hope next time in an another show he knows how to control himself and sometimes I feel like he smiles too much or keep on smiling unnecessarily.

Hammie i want to know on which forum we met previously as i forgot....please do tell me.

Anju.

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by ALUJAN21

hello Anju 😃.. sorry about the late response..

Initially, while watching Amla the first episode he appeared I was thinking he's one among the rapists I mean, who were negative then I got to know he's the male lead.

yes,, saw Rajeev in Amla.. yes as the male lead, I was impressed by him.. his quiet, contained persona,, as opposed to the torso showing male leads..

Then he started to work on his acting, which was more, precise, subtle, calm and suitable with the part he was playing.

I too reckon he is doing justice to his role as Zaroon.. restrained but equally cheeky in his checking out Saltanat.. yesterday he even spoke a bit in Punjabi.. better than his mother, who to me crucifies the language..

Hope next time in an another show he knows how to control himself and sometimes I feel like he smiles too much or keep on smiling unnecessarily.

haaaaa hhaaaa.. the silly Cheshire cat grin.. ah you see,"one may smile and smile..and yet be a villain"..

Hammie i want to know on which forum we met previously as i forgot....please do tell me.

erhhhh,,ummmh.. muhje khud yaad nehi.. Anju..  but very pleased to know you yet again! my friend.. 😃

Anju.

ALUJNA21 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Hamlet53

Originally posted by ALUJAN21

hello Anju 😃.. sorry about the late response..

yes,, saw Rajeev in Amla.. yes as the male lead, I was impressed by him.. his quiet, contained persona,, as opposed to the torso showing male leads..

I too reckon he is doing justice to his role as Zaroon.. restrained but equally cheeky in his checking out Saltanat.. yesterday he even spoke a bit in Punjabi.. better than his mother, who to me crucifies the language..

haaaaa hhaaaa.. the silly Cheshire cat grin.. ah you see,"one may smile and smile..and yet be a villain"..

erhhhh,,ummmh.. muhje khud yaad nehi.. Anju..  but very pleased to know you yet again! my friend.. 😃

Anju.

In red that's true sometimes the smile also does work in the postive direction but I will tell you there's something weird with theactor himself....

In amla also i started liking him after knowing he's the male lead...etc etc.

Here may be he likes to force Saltanat too much and suddenly he's also mean

Matter not on which forum we met I'm also happy I met you here and we are having a good time chatting about the show.

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by ALUJNA21

hiya Anju

In red that's true sometimes the smile also does work in the postive direction but I will tell you there's something weird with theactor himself....

in red is a line from Shakespeare's Hamlet.. he played mind games with his uncle and mother.. you must know about the famous tragedy. Zaroon's smile  is lewd at times..😛 quite far removed from Sufiyana ishq..

In amla also i started liking him after knowing he's the male lead...etc etc.

funnily  enough as Kabir  in Amla I found his expressions , his eyes  very pure and sincere.. Goes to show that he is an actor who puts life in his role.. mind you I liked his pairing with Pankhuri  such an angelic face..  was a moving tale 

Here may be he likes to force Saltanat too much and suddenly he's also mean

maybe that's Zaroon's role.. keen ,mean, and lean. I cant stand the games both play.

Matter not on which forum we met I'm also happy I met you here and we are having a good time chatting about the show.

yep ,mate..lets watch the show while its on. at least ,if nothing else it prompts a healthy discussion. have to watch tonight's episode ,  hope it catches me fancy..

love hammie