Conflict of interest?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Why is Dhanak allowed to investigate Raghu’s case when she’s his wife? Isn’t that a conflict of interest? 

Indian Tv and Movies have no concept of "conflict of interest" They treat this as a moral test of a supposedly "righteous"  individual. There are countless movies where the inspector father is working on the case of criminal son. In one movie, I saw a court case where son# 1 is the accused, son #2 is the sarkari vakil, daughter-in-law is the defending vakil, and father is the judge. 🤪

Logic aside - Keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully, Raghu is back for good and the cry baby is dead. Unlikely but hope karne mein kya jata hai.

BTW Dhanak proved what Raghu had once said. he said something along the lines "your love will never equal mine because you will never trust me. you will always see me as criminal first." If he had kept his expectations of Dhanak low like in this dialogue, he wouldn't have been so hurt. 

Oh my gosh, that movie example is so funny. 

I remember that scene after Dhanak suspected him of buying the saree with stolen money, right? I remember agreeing with Raghu’s words in that scene, Dhanak will keep making mistakes and keep saying sorry. 

I think Raghu is going to develop an inferiority complex because of Dhanak’s moral upmanship and apparent lack of trust towards him. On top of that Tawre keeps maaring line on Dhanak so I think Raghu will be jealous/insecure. Especially considering that in Indian culture people still believe that “rishta baraabri mein hota hai.”

Lolz Irshita what movie was that? I died! I NEED to watch that! But lolz dhanak interrogated her husband! Also based on what? Did I miss something? Was the charge sheet filed? If dhanak was smart she'd  have tipped off the press that the police is committing violent interrogation without a warrant. Tawre kya uska baap bhi chor deta raghu ko. But no. And taking it further they got zamanat based on an unfiled FIR? So like me decide to never question logistics of this show. Its too much. Just chalk this to dhanak could not bare her boss hurting her pati and this sprung to action and interrogated him to save him instead. 

Its a fact that raghu loves her but dhanak loves only one side of raghu- one that caters to her. So now she should decide whether she wants sapna ya apna. When your sapna becomes a burden on your loved ones or vice versa, you need to walk away from one. Dhanak's eating her cake and having it too is just tiresome. Raghu should give her 7 vachans now- stay with me for who I am and my family are or leave, i will do me and you will not interfere, etc etc. He should be done with her. Yesterday for one second I didnt feel like she didn't have a choice, it felt like she'd made a choice and made excuses for that choice. You always have a choice. Its funny though that when she didnt love him she chose raghu over ips but now she's chosen ips. Idk what to gage from this, seems like he was always just a mission for her. Now that its over she's just moving on. Nothing about dhanak's love feels real.

Can't remember the movie name but am sure that it was an 80's potboiler. 

Eventually, I want Dhanak to accept Raghu as he is. Doesn't mean he has to remain a gunda but shouldn't be bound by any vachans or sacrifices. 

Raghu giving Dhanak any type of ultimatum sounds like a dream.  

TRP is SUPER LOW! duh! all the bs ips exam, nobody wants to watch. all are tired of ips banegi dhanak, nahi banegi dhanak, raghu saves Dhanak but then dhanak makes popat of raghu. this cycle is tiresome and everyone is just done with it. do you wanna know why trp went from 1.5 to 1.1? Cos dhanak is just cringe as a character now. before, she was self-righteous but then would self-reflect and apologize. but today's episode was just...she realizes she hurt him and instead of saying sorry she gave him a lecture about having patience when shit happens? which humanbeing, gunda/guilty or innocent, (maybe except her darpok Puppa) would patiently tolerate their spouse humiliating them in a police station in front of all and sundry, without any kind of fault? according to her, this was raghu's test of character and he should've been patient!😳🤪🤬...thats all i have to say to that. she failed and the audacity- then tried to pawn of her failure as a wife as raghu's failure as an honest person cos he drank. Im so damn glad that raghu just wasnt having any and told her to go do her duty- he'd tc of his own shit. 

Edited by tejaswiniwenham - 4 years ago

Wow! TRP went from 1.5 to 1.1 in 3-4 weeks. That is a quick fall. I guess the audience has disconnected with the FL or is bored with the one-sided love story - the main reasons why shows end.

I am barely hanging onto the show. Between the robocop (now a super moral robocop) and a cry baby,  it is hard to root for anyone.

Dhanak made the whole thing about her - How it was like a test for her principles. Really?? Tera test hai toh, Raghu kyoon pisse? 

Just can't sympathize with her - even as she cried. She was not crying for Raghu, the person, but Raghu, her creation (Mera Raghu). After he passes out, there seemed to a glimpse of some humanity in her. Yupiee! Thank CVs for small mercies.

Edited by Irshita - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Irshita

Wow! TRP went from 1.5 to 1.1 in 3-4 weeks. That is a quick fall. I guess the audience has disconnected with the FL or is bored with the one-sided love story - the main reasons why shows end.

I am barely hanging onto the show. Between the robocop (now a super moral robocop) and a cry baby,  it is hard to root for anyone.

AGREED! But i still find it easier to root for raghu than dhanak. Even with his insistent simpering his feelings are valid and felt. Dhanak is a freaking disaster. Ttly unrelatable. 

Dhanak made the whole thing about her - How it was like a test for her principles. Really?? Tera test hai toh, Raghu kyoon pisse? 

Did she mean it was her test? I thought she meant the patience thing was raghu's test! Eitherways why should raghu bare the weight of her professional failures? She certainly didnt bare the weight of his. Just created fokat ka drama. And who is Tawre to test raghu or herself? Like ALL she needed to do was 1 thing- just say I'm sorry and comfort him. Instead she gave a bhashan. Even today she gave a bhashan. Im tired of her seld indulgent bad behaviour. Raghu has encouraged this for too long.

Just can't sympathize with her - even as she cried. She was not crying for Raghu, the person, but Raghu, her creation (Mera Raghu). After he passes out, there seemed to a glimpse of some humanity in her. Yupiee! Thank CVs for small mercies.

It is easier to root for Raghu any day as compared to Dhanak. They have taken her character too extreme with her constant lecturing and guilt trips for Raghu.