Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 years ago

He forgot that those films actually have a script.....so audience is more forgiving when theres an ACTUAL story. 

Originally posted by: Notafan

Oh wow delusional people tying themselves in knots trying to justify hollywood superhero nonsense. Grown a*s men jumping around and flying around in underwear in present day newyork and Manhattan yet people pretending bollywood movies are nonsense. Brain freeze. 

There is no science involved in superhero movies, barring maybe , batman, where too, there is lots of gadgetry, but then bond movies also have gadgets.  Time travel into past is not possible, you cannot go back into 2014, 2012 and come back. Just because you throw in quantum terminology does not make it possible. 

Many people read comics and manga and watch anime. That is fine. But many of them don't go around dissing what other people like. Most of these wannabees from India have this habit of  discussing  threadbare, "science"  in MCU, looking for hidden meanings in anime's and mangas while dissing anything that is from India,  especially those on quora and now some on this forum are really pathetic.

Is this for me or what? I don't think anyone here is justifying MCU being realistic. Anyway, there is definitely a genre called "Fantasy". And last time I checked SOTY ain't a fantasy movie. No one called out when Jadoo gave powers to Rohit in KMG or he made a computer which can see future, or an alien speaking bhojpuri in PK. 

Yeah we all know there is no real science in superhero movies. That's why it's called science FICTION. And of course we know that time travel is not possible. But thanks for letting us know anyway. 

Also weren't you the one who was saying that Endgame worked at box office only because of hype and sustained marketing, and the actual movie and franchise is shit or something like that?So you're the one here who is dissing what other people like. 

desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Mishh007

This guy has such chapta face. Jaise Bhagwan ne banate hi thappad maar diya tha mooh pe.

Grade A insult, love it.

Notafan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Luna46

Is this for me or what? I don't think anyone here is justifying MCU being realistic. Anyway, there is definitely a genre called "Fantasy". And last time I checked SOTY ain't a fantasy movie. No one called out when Jadoo gave powers to Rohit in KMG or he made a computer which can see future, or an alien speaking bhojpuri in PK. 

Yeah we all know there is no real science in superhero movies. That's why it's called science FICTION. And of course we know that time travel is not possible. But thanks for letting us know anyway. 

Also weren't you the one who was saying that Endgame worked at box office only because of hype and sustained marketing, and the actual movie and franchise is shit or something like that?So you're the one here who is dissing what other people like. 

Nope It was just a general observation. But if you want to falsely assign it to yourself it is your prerogative.

Irrespective of what you say, Krish is still an aped hollywood superhero crap. So why would superhero fanboys call it out ?

Really ? you really think there is no science in science fiction movies ? 

I did not say time travel is not possible. I said time travel into past is not possible.

If superhero movies are to be peddled as Fantasy movies then they have to be set in fantasy land like Narnia. Don't set them in present day Newyork or Manhattan and go around croaking they are fantasy.

And, if superhero movies are fantasies then so is Singham, set in the fantasy world of Shivgarh.  Bajirao's exploits and stunts are perfectly acceptable. And so are many other commercial Indian/Hindi movies.  It is amusing how this self evident analogy escapes the hollywood wannabees and superhero fanboys.

Oh, I was dissing superhero movies ? what the heck, I did not realise it .  Good observation.

Edited by Notafan - 4 years ago
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Oh wow delusional people tying themselves in knots trying to justify hollywood superhero nonsense. Grown a*s men jumping around and flying around in underwear in present day newyork and Manhattan yet people pretending bollywood movies are nonsense. Brain freeze. 

There is no science involved in superhero movies, barring maybe , batman, where too, there is lots of gadgetry, but then bond movies also have gadgets.  Time travel into past is not possible, you cannot go back into 2014, 2012 and come back. Just because you throw in quantum terminology does not make it possible. 

Many people read comics and manga and watch anime. That is fine. But many of them don't go around dissing what other people like. Most of these wannabees from India have this habit of  discussing  threadbare, "science"  in MCU, looking for hidden meanings in anime's and mangas while dissing anything that is from India,  especially those on quora and now some on this forum are really pathetic.

I get the hypocrisy you're talking about. A lot of wannabees possess it and display it in varied fields. I've argued with such annoying creatures in a different context. Finding something remotely scientific in a superhero fantasy is insane and laughable. But that doesn't discredit the MCU that has made some really good films. Hollywood Superhero fiction hasn't been about grown up men flying and smashing the villains in underwear since The Dark Knight Trilogy. 

Also, just because Hollywood releases unrealistic fantasy flicks doesn't mean that the nonsensical trash produced by Bollywood shouldn't be panned. Content is something that carries the highest weightage. We have seen some of the finest films produced by the Indian film industry. Similarly, we have tolerated trash too. If Bollywood produces a good superhero movie based upon Indian comic characters, I'll surely watch and appreciate it.

I believe good movies should be appreciated regardless of the industry. 

Nope It was just a general observation. But if you want to falsely assign it to yourself it is your prerogative.

Irrespective of what you say, Krish is still an aped hollywood superhero crap. So why would superhero fanboys call it out ?

Really ? you really think there is no science in science fiction movies ? 

I did not say time travel is not possible. I said time travel into past is not possible.

If superhero movies are to be peddled as Fantasy movies then they have to be set in fantasy land like Narnia. Don't set them in present day Newyork or Manhattan and go around croaking they are fantasy.

And, if superhero movies are fantasies then so is Singham, set in the fantasy world of Shivgarh.  Bajirao's exploits and stunts are perfectly acceptable. And so are many other commercial Indian/Hindi movies.  It is amusing how this self evident analogy escapes the hollywood wannabees and superhero fanboys.

Oh, I was dissing superhero movies ? what the heck, I did not realise it .  Good observation.

General observation my @ss!!! Only two people made the point of MCU being of fantasy and science fiction genre, one of them was me, and you were clearly calling us delusional for that. 

I'm not talking only about superhero fanboys. I said that Indian audience question didn't question logic in Krrish series or PK, both which come under science fiction genre. Why they don't question it? Because they are also copy of Hollywood superhero movies lolz? Shouldn't that make it more easy target for Hollywood liking wannabes?  

I said there is no "real"'science. The genre is called "science fiction", which means they take some elements of science and give it a twist...making it advanced and futuristic, even if it isn't supported by present day laws of science. That's the fiction part in it. 

And who decides that fantasy movies can only be in fantasy land. You? Why can't it be in real world? Even Narnia has parts which are shown in real world. What will you say about that? You seem to have problem with superhero movies in general. 

Singham ain't a superhero movie lmao, there was no explanation of why Bajirao Singham can fly. He was just a cop. Not some God, alien or super soldier on steroids. I will agree that Hollywood also makes movies like Dabangg, Singham, but Avengers isn't one of them. 

I know that time travel into the past is not possible according to science, but if you have watched the movie, you will know that the Avengers don't really travel to the past. They are travelling different realities, creating parallel universes. 

Oh yes dear, you were dissing superhero movies, in the previous Avengers thread that said that Endgame will not paas Avatar record. You said that that every other fantasy series whether MCU or Game of Thrones is mediocre and only work because of hype and marketing, basically calling its fans fools and gullible. Rolling your eyes will not change the fact. 

Notafan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

I get the hypocrisy you're talking about. A lot of wannabees possess it and display it in varied fields. I've argued with such annoying creatures in a different context. Finding something remotely scientific in a superhero fantasy is insane and laughable. But that doesn't discredit the MCU that has made some really good films. Hollywood Superhero fiction hasn't been about grown up men flying and smashing the villains in underwear since The Dark Knight Trilogy. 

Also, just because Hollywood releases unrealistic fantasy flicks doesn't mean that the nonsensical trash produced by Bollywood shouldn't be panned. Content is something that carries the highest weightage. We have seen some of the finest films produced by the Indian film industry. Similarly, we have tolerated trash too. If Bollywood produces a good superhero movie based upon Indian comic characters, I'll surely watch and appreciate it.

I believe good movies should be appreciated regardless of the industry. 

Aprreciate your well balanced thoughtful reply.  

Yes, there might be some good superhero movies, infact there are. I have liked Batman's joker movie, Ironman's first movie and Toby Mcguire's all 3 spiderman movies. I am sorry I don't really know differences between MCU and DCU and other's, for me they are all superhero movies. 

It would be nice if you would define non-sensical trash. If you are pointing at Singham or Rowdy or other movies in that genre then I would like to disagree. These movies are much less unrealistic than almost all Hollywood superhero films barring Batman films. 

Trash is trash, irrespective of wrapping it has, bollywood or hollywood. 

Most of the commercial films around the world are the same, there is no difference in them.

My post was meant for fanboys, epsecially Indian fanboys(which I beleive you are not),who lap up superhero movies but diss bollywood movies.

If MC and DC have their universe then bollywood movies also have their own universe and Simba, Bajirao Singham, Rathore and other 'heroes' reign supreme in this bollywood universe. But to pretend that superhero movies are based on some serious science that is perfectly feasible while to deride Indian/bollywood movies indicates that these fanboys are not only hypocrites but are also stupid. They seem to suffer from permanent brain freeze.