SRK shoots for David Letterman's Netflix show, pics inside - Page 2

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by regnow

According to my friend, it was shocking how much Dave knew about SRK. He asked him about things like his fight at the stadium and gossip that came out during Maya Memsaab time. 

Dave also talked about Fan and Zero because he had seen them and they discussed how both of them deal with failure. A lot about fatherhood and how both their kids deal with a famous dad. 

They covered a lot since the interview was a full two hours long. Dave was shook that the audience was screaming so much and he kept saying he had met a lot of celebrities but he has never seen this before ever. 

He also said at the end that every time he does one of these interviews, he thinks what a lovely person he met and how much he learned but that SRK will be at the top of the list. 

Whew, that's it! sorry for the long post but I was excited to share. I don't know how much they will edit out. Hopefully not a lot. 

Wow!! Thanks for sharing!! I can't wait! I love interviews with the western media because they are so much more substantive than some of the Indian media who focus on all the wrong thins. And of course, Letterman is in a league of his own! 

Also, Letterman's interview with Obama was such an honest and unique perspective into one of most scrutinized persons in the world. So yeah, I have high expectations of this interview too! 

I honestly think Fan is pretty underrated. It will probably age well, in my opinion. Zero has some very big problems, it tried to deal with too much and some points were just not hitting the spots within the same script. I am excited to hear him speak about both in retrospect. 

I sincerely hope that they don't edit too much. But at the same time, I think they might just edit it down to something like an hour. 

SRK needs to retire. I cannot stand him or his abhorrent "movies". 

How did Dave Letterman go from insulting Ash and Indian culture to being a BW stan🤔 How does he know so much about SRK or was it just superficial research?

Edited by Eggon_Snow - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Eggon_Snow

How did Dave Letterman go from insulting Ash and Indian culture to being a BW stan🤔 How does he know so much about SRK or was it just superficial research?

Homework plus age must have humbled him a bit.. Plus Netflix family deal must have made him 😂 

No . Dave has been in India and  has met with SRK a few times  there. 

His rreturning to shows and Netflix has some tie- in  Netflix- Red Chillies.

Basically  SRK sponsiored some part of his contract.

David has to know details about his guests so that they can have a long interview. His team fills him in on everything, so that he is aware of everything related to the celeb. 

Oh wow...can’t wait. He is looking better.

How did Dave Letterman go from insulting Ash and Indian culture to being a BW stan🤔 

I don't think Dave is racist. He has always been like this if he takes a disliking to a particular celebrity. You should see his old interviews with people like Justin Bieber and Paris Hilton. He mocked them through the whole interview. 

Ash didn't understand his humor and he didn't like her arrogance. They just got off on the wrong foot. 

I don't think people realize that for those 5 minute late-night interviews, they do pre-interviews right before and discuss what they're going to talk about. It's pre-approved. Ash and her team had no clue what they were doing coming to the US and promoting her as "the most beautiful woman in the world" and a sanskari daughter who lives with her parents. It's like they shifted their Indian strategy to the US where it doesn't work.

His interviews are always good, inspiring and learning..