Sufiyana Pyaar Mera

God's honest truth

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM ~ My musings 9.5.19 ~ God’s honest truth!

It’s easy at times to speak the absolute truth. At other times it’s not so easy to point out the equivocal truth. But for the righteous and fair-minded it’s best to bring out the truth when and wherever possible. For in such cases, the truth can potentiallyset free even the most revered and looked up to figures. Brings to my mind Mainjaan The  just and fair community ,faith and man of god. The episode shows , he too needs agentle nudge to pay heed to grievances he come across from within his own fold.  

This too is in some eyes, is the gospel truth. That fulfilment of prayer requests, is an integral part of a devotes prayers. For finding pleas granted or doors being opened. For dreams coming true , all add more fervour and devotion in Humza,Kainat ,and Zaroon’s prayers. But there are those believers like Zaroon who ensure that no mistake is made in his dreams from coming true. 

Humza’a necklace he ensures gets to Kainat. That  she complies to her new alliance. But for Kainat on one hand, her faith  continues to ask for Zaroon‘s Sufiyana love.Though on the other hand, she allows attaining Zaroon dreams to flourish within her also.  Such are the aspirations of the human heart. Constantly begging for  their personal deity to grant their  prayers.

Sultanat,yet again proves in the episode, that  she is not just a pretty face. Her views about rights women our given in Islam now begin to pour forth out of the Syed Ghazi  Shah house  itself. Mainjaan’s diligent teachings begins to be questioned by his community. Or rather he learns, that to be fair, he has to use the same yardstick to measure both kin and strangers. 

It does cross my mind that ,is Mainjaan only preaching to children, to accept and obey parental wishes?   Is he only preaching that parents can exercise their right  to many a times exasperate their children’s wishes?  Sultanat seems to identify this issue more so. in the case of women.

Mainjaan, historically always , sensed that Saltanat was always a bit of a rebel in comparison to the timid, compliant  Kainat. He  even puts this down to ,especially, the maternal  nurturing both the girls  received from Zainab and Rubina. One being  a traditionalist in her values.While  the other more progressive in her values.Perhaps that’s the reason, he  chose to set up Kainat’s alliance with Zaroon rather than Sultanat .

But Saltanat, I see , does not leave  issues she feels strongly about unresolved.Her scene with  Mainjaan  is all about listening and speaking. But Mainjaan  feels as the elder, he will try to coerce Sultanat to change her stubborn resolve. 

But she digs are heels inand makes Mainjaan, realize in no uncertain manner, that he is responsible for planting dreams in Kainat's head about  Zaroon.Now Kainat, may not object to Humza  openly, but she too just may have a view,which he as their elder, has not really bothered to investigate. Sultanat ,speaks how she feels. That Mainjaan seems to her, to be  more inclined towards Zaroon  and Humza wishes. She fights the case  for the house hold’s daughters. Do  they get unfair treatment, when it comes  to their choices and decision?

One highlight of the episode is due to Sultanat’s intervention. Mainjaan actually, sets Zaroonthe task of finding out the truth about  Kainat feelings regards marrying  Humza. I find it odd that Mainjaan choses Zaroon of all the people. Then I realize that it’s to create a scenario  where Zaroon has to seek Sultanat’s help in finding out  Kainat’semotions.

Is Mainjaan like the symbolical twenty year old gold necklace , which needs to be polished to restore its original brightness. If Mainjaan,  gives equal credence to the choices,selections, and preferences of the daughters of the household, like the sons. Then the true value and  handed down legacy  of the traditional necklace will be receivedand lauded rather than be rejected and fought against,by the upcoming generation.They too will see the historical significance of the age old familial and faith necklace.

Some home truths are spoken, but with underlying patronising, that comes after winning against  an opponent. Rubina  confesses that Zainab  is by far a better mother than she can be. Almost sounds like gloating, coming from Rubina and Ghazala both. As to  Kainat both women have their children  conveniently  hitched with each other, While her mother and her are the losers. Kainat  is not over the world with  her alliance with Humza. Her heart is still set upon Zaroon. She still has hope in her gods ways..  

One other honest truth that comes about between Zaroon and Sultanat when feeding the doves, is  so factual .That all  living creatures bar humans, have to act in  ....accordance with traditional , religious , and social norms . in fact Sultanat points out another naked truth, that humans unlike other living creatures are  likely to give sacrifices for the sake of their love.

For Zaroon ,his sacrifice in Sufiyana love lies in declaring that  all  women other than  Sultanat as haram or forbidden for him. Here he means most of all  Kainat, who as usual  from the  wings, hears him out… and isheart broken, but she still loves him!

Situations can also be tweaked to hide the truth. Nadeem’s illness is hidden from the family ,as Rubina as usual tries to fiddle and cover up facts. The Iftari food,eventually ends up, with the less fortunate , rather than  delights for the prosperous.  

Her reaction..in the precap of setting alight her engagement garments. Is  a fiery rebellion most welcome! It’s about  time she fights to be heard! All guns blazing!I wonder if, when Zaroon saves her, would she see it as  god’s honest  truth, that naught can stop that which heaven has meant to be  yolked together… 10.5.19 hamlet53

Jenelle,sandhiya, Nusing, Irshita  thanks for liking my previous post ..

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Madhura.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Hi Hammie.

Look who's here, 😊

Thought will comment once, as I just disappeared. Well, am not watching the show since last week, when I saw the Eid promo. Have my reasons, cos basically I cannot see show when script is weak. Here that's the case, plus the characters are butchered, like Kainaat is being made negativeto pave a path or glorify SaRoon. Zaroon's mistakes are not even considered, he keeps stalking which is sick, SaRoon developed intense love within2 days. There's no balance of elders and young generation.

Don't take me wrong, but traditional approach or old school isn't fully wrong as the show potrays. Like it's all on SaRoon just challenging elders. It's good to see sometimes, but not always. There's a reason the culture is built that way, traditions are there. You just don't change stuff overnight. Like elders words don't have any impact. Marriage didn't happen, then Zaroon refused to go to canada for his zid, and so many more things, like actually everyone has become puppets, in the challenging SaRoon zone, and then there are bigger things and bigger complications in life than love. Moreover, didn't find anyone's love Sufiyaana, all seem to prove am right by forcing literally.

Saltanat is an interesting character, no doubt, but she too goes overboard or is unrelatable sometimes.

Moreover culture is bent as per show's convenience. So, am done with the rant. In short, I lost connect and find show sick or toxic. I do read updates sometimes.

You write beautifully, and bring out positives in everything. This thread has been put up quite well.

Am happy that Saltanat is taking a stand for women. Zaroon needs a huge reality check, cos just to remove Kainaat, he fixed the marriage of Humza with her, which is sick. Honestly, I feel Kainaat should just be removed from the show cos shows can potray on blacks and whites.

Well Miyajaan is a scholar and has experience, his insights can be showed if the show gives a chance. Even the backstory of Saltanat and Kainaat will be more interesting. The equation in them was interesting, where they both are honest to each other. Kainaat can be bitter or blunt but she is also honest.

Yes Kainaat has a different way to show things.

One thing which I totally don't agree is which Sultanat mentioned, that only humans have to sacrifice for their love. Firstly in today's world, very few do sacrifices. People play mind games and many things, and will take what belongs to them, as well as of others.

Another thing I would specially point out is, this line seems to justify show title, but fails miserably cos animals sacrifice a LOT, and I mean a LOT, humans are not even close. Take a simple example of hunt, when a lioness hunts a prey, she lets the male and her kids feed first, then she eats. See the sacrifice in such a simple thing, there are many such things. Plus animals are loyal and genuine.

You know what the problem with Zaroon is, he overestimates himself. Everyone seems to stalking everyone, lol.

On precap, yes it's her way to show things..

Will come to read your posts. You can find me one last time in the Creations Gallery, will be posting, hopefully my last creations on the show by tonight.

-Madz

Edited by Madhura.. - 4 years ago
Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

I like your write-ups - they are so much richer and thoughtful than the show itself. They give the show a new meaning for me. Personally, I watch too many shows to even think so deeply about any one show. 

I know a lot of people are disappointed with the show but I like it a lot - especially for the fact that none of the lead characters are perfect or even close. I have said before that Zaroon is the best character as his character has the most potential for growth - from an over-priviledged, insensitive, spoiled brat to someone who cares about people around him and his effect on them. The characters for both girls are more or less set in stone. I see them as the personification of 2 different ideologies on how to lead one's life. 

Kainaat's silence evokes more feelings than almost anything else on the show - not just burning the joda but also how she interacts with everyone else. Her feelings for Zaroon are almost at a level of obsession and beyond reason - but then if feelings were reasonable, the whole world would be at peace.

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Madhura..

Hi Hammie.   hey Madz!  gali mein chand nikla !

Look who's here, 😊

good to see you mate.. needless to say miss your feedback.. so pleased you popped by..  I too cannot  term Kainat as negative,.. for me she is realistic, despite what's shown about her. she has the right to feel bitter..in fact I Find her  quite stalwart in her faith. She is not perfect and a tad unrealistic that would be for my liking..

Thought will comment once, as I just disappeared. Well, am not watching the show since last week, when I saw the Eid promo. Have my reasons, cos basically I cannot see show when script is weak. Here that's the case, plus the characters are butchered, like Kainaat is being made negativeto pave a path or glorify SaRoon. Zaroon's mistakes are not even considered, he keeps stalking which is sick, SaRoon developed intense love within2 days. There's no balance of elders and young generation.

saroon ka Ishq ,so far seems to be  hanging by a thread.. not sure if Sultanat feels that Zaroon and her are made for each other. So far  they are disputing each other..what ever, Kainat presence, her views, seems more a common ground between Saroon..  like I said before Kainat's character  to me seems more that I can relate to. Sultanat too if appears to stand tall, its because she appears to be fighting Kainat's case ,at the home front. Kainat is the substance matter that  so far determines how events and characters react in the story so far. Regards, overhearing covos, its amusing, but both Zaroon and Kainat  are seen more than others  to be engaged in this  activity. But yes, Zaroon does stalk, he is gathering evidence, to win his case against both the sisters, not just the one! Its about getting to his goal..

Don't take me wrong, but traditional approach or old school isn't fully wrong as the show potrays. Like it's all on SaRoon just challenging elders. It's good to see sometimes, but not always. There's a reason the culture is built that way, traditions are there. You just don't change stuff overnight. Like elders words don't have any impact. Marriage didn't happen, then Zaroon refused to go to canada for his zid, and so many more things, like actually everyone has become puppets, in the challenging SaRoon zone, and then there are bigger things and bigger complications in life than love. Moreover, didn't find anyone's love Sufiyaana, all seem to prove am right by forcing literally.

I love your thoughts in this bit Madz.. as far as  I know, one's roots, cultural heritage , only serves to promote one's identity.  Tradition is a preserved image ,a history of a land, and the generations that passed through the land. traditions handed down from generation are also there to teach us lessons and deter people from making  or repeating mistakes done in the past.  You are correct to point out that younger generation in the shape of Sultanat and Zaroon are shown as reluctant to come to terms with traditions, customs and practice.. they fail to see, that they are allowed to question, and clarify . certain issues they are woolly about in their faiths.  one thing both perhaps both need to  understand, is that rather than out right rejection or acceptance of traditional views, it may be worthwhile to  strike a balance between the old and new mindsets. Mainjaan, shows the willingness to reflect on how best to meet the traditional and progressive mindsets mid way.

Saltanat is an interesting character, no doubt, but she too goes overboard or is unrelatable sometimes.

her own mother too, seems to think so.. she needs to adopt  the feature of adaptability which in itself is not an easy feat to reach.. I suspect, the gusto of youth will be seen to speak for her OTT..  I know this is a stereotyped   view..

Moreover culture is bent as per show's convenience. So, am done with the rant. In short, I lost connect and find show sick or toxic. I do read updates sometimes.

this is true, not just about culture, but  faith interpretations are manipulated to suit one's selfish gains.

You write beautifully, and bring out positives in everything. This thread has been put up quite well.

oh this bit makes me much pleased.. quite encouraged to continue writing.. highlighting the bits that strike me in the story

Am happy that Saltanat is taking a stand for women. Zaroon needs a huge reality check, cos just to remove Kainaat, he fixed the marriage of Humza with her, which is sick. Honestly, I feel Kainaat should just be removed from the show cos shows can potray on blacks and whites. 

well..  Kainat for me is the character that engages me the most.. she is what she shows. dead honest,  loves those who she is close too.. those she trusts! Is not a hypocrite.. she saw what went on between Sultanat and Zaroon.. and yes she is miffed about it.. and she is not afraid to show it to Sultanat..  I eventually  want to see the two sisters, reducing the gap between themselves..Zaroon, I don't take seriously at all.. just there.. probably enjoying attention from both..

Well Miyajaan is a scholar and has experience, his insights can be showed if the show gives a chance. Even the backstory of Saltanat and Kainaat will be more interesting. The equation in them was interesting, where they both are honest to each other. Kainaat can be bitter or blunt but she is also honest.

One thing which I totally don't agree is which Sultanat mentioned, that only humans have to sacrifice for their love. Firstly in today's world, very few do sacrifices. People play mind games and many things, and will take what belongs to them, as well as of others. 

Another thing I would specially point out is, this line seems to justify show title, but fails miserably cos animals sacrifice a LOT, and I mean a LOT, humans are not even close. Take a simple example of hunt, when a lioness hunts a prey, she lets the male and her kids feed first, then she eats. See the sacrifice in such a simple thing, there are many such things. Plus animals are loyal and genuine.

agree.. in this day and age the  concept of putting others first and one's self in second place, is fast fading. its a rat race. the survival of the fittest.. I loved your e.g of the  lioness..[female, who nurtures and care for her family!] waise the lion is my favourite  wild animal, after dog who is my best friend![Spaniel]  in the sequence, Zaroon, was talking about love between the doves.. unbound by traditions and norms! that what he wants out of his Sufiyana love ,clearly.. yes he is living in a bubble.. However, Saltant  perhaps should not have brought up sacrifice issue.. but rather should have pointed, that unlike animals, human's have the  capacity  to self-reflect , higher ,advanced intelligence! which perhaps Zaroon needs to put to use!

You know what the problem with Zaroon is, he overestimates himself. Everyone seems to stalking everyone, lol.

hummm.. delusional.. that he's god's gift to women!

Will come to read your posts. You can find me one last time in the Creations Gallery, will be posting, hopefully my last creations on the show by tonight.

accha me will check for sure.. and listen Madz.. hate to lose your fantastic feedback... I enjoyed responding to you more than my daily musings... keep in touch mate.. much love, yours hammie 

-Madz

Madhura..5/10/2019 4:39:19 AM

Arshian14 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Madhura..

Hi Hammie.

Look who's here, 😊

-Madz

Madhura..5/10/2019 4:39:19 AM

I feel like you and I are the only ones in the forum that truly understand Kainat. Everyone is too blinded by SaRoon chemistry to realize the Kainat is a very beautiful but heavily misunderstood character. 

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Irshita

hello Irshita , great to see you  mate

I like your write-ups - they are so much richer and thoughtful than the show itself. They give the show a new meaning for me. Personally, I watch too many shows to even think so deeply about any one show. 

well I am ,much  pleased to hear that you graciously  think so. with me I have to get something  out of  the episode to write about, itother than the progressing story line..

I know a lot of people are disappointed with the show but I like it a lot - especially for the fact that none of the lead characters are perfect or even close. I have said before that Zaroon is the best character as his character has the most potential for growth - from an over-priviledged, insensitive, spoiled brat to someone who cares about people around him and his effect on them. The characters for both girls are more or less set in stone. I see them as the personification of 2 different ideologies on how to lead one's life. 

well, thanks for eloquently sharing your thought's about Zaroon's character.. have to admit  that rather disliked him at first.. but you Irshita, have veered me to think of him in a positive light.. Thus , for me  his biggest strength lies in the  fact that  despite his NRI  existence, he not only shows willingness to visit his roots, but actually returns and mills in rather comfortably.  where I live, not many youngsters even think of visiting their mother land. Not even for a short break.  Yes I agree, there is more room in his character to develop.. 

Kainaat's silence evokes more feelings than almost anything else on the show - not just burning the joda but also how she interacts with everyone else. Her feelings for Zaroon are almost at a level of obsession and beyond reason - but then if feelings were reasonable, the whole world would be at peace.

I simply love your last paragraph.. yes Kainat's dreams, her  yearning for  Zaroon as her first and last love, seem to me spontaneous and pure. Yes she can stifle her sentiments of her Sufiyana  love, but to her and to me her emotions seem allowed...

thanks Irshita  for your interesting views, especially about Kainat and Zaroon.. keep reading and responding mate.. love hammie 

phoenix27 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Culture and traditions are made by humans for humans not the other way round. If they start crossing path, one need to instrospect instead of just accepting them at face value. 

The way mia jaan listened Saltanat today. I find him to be a good inteligent man. He is not a real follower of his religion but also understand it. Religion is to make a person love God not to make him his complaint box. Mia Jaan seems to be the best version of religious man I find till now. Though he is a bit orthodox, he is not someone who is blind follower. He do listen valid commands and  accept them as well. 

Kainat used to be a god loving girl in initial episodes who used to raise good questions to Mia jaan but now i find her someone who is just a pretender who tries to be in everyone's good book. Having feelings for someone and then giving a node to marriage for other is definitely not a characteristic of a god loving and pious girl. And what she did with Hamza's gift was even more bad, given the fact that it was not a gift but a Amanat of Hamza's family whose responsibility has been given to her. She has no right to denote it. She could have rejected when it was given to her but throwing it and denoting it was not something she had right to do. 

The only character I like till now is Zaroon he is proper grey man, he is selfish but he is still a good man. He did wanted to know thought kainat's feelings for Hamza though it is for his own benefit. He has clearly never gave kainat any hope till now. He has rejected her the first time she came in front him as kainat. That tells that he hasn't taken any advantage of her and neither did any sin of giving her hope and then breaking it. He came to say no to her he said the same. In process he fell in love with Saltanat. 

I have few problems with Zaroon regarding him asking kainat to say no to his proposal. I believe if you want to do something you should owe to to yourself. You should do that your own self (one of the reasons I don't connect with kainat. Though kainat wants everything she don't do any effort to get it. She wants god to give her Zaroon on silver platter). If you look it in retrospect it was also in kainat's favour as it would have given kainat a chance to reject him infront of everyone. He would have been the one who got rejected. 

Saltant I find too upright and just. Which somehow makes her unreal. I want her to have some shades like kainat and Zaroon have. But if everyone will be grey then whom we will cheer. But I still want her to be a boy selfish and hard hearted. Though I like the fact that she do give kainat back as good as she gets. The only thing I don't understand is how kainat can't see that Saltanat dont hate het as she does to her. 

One thing I don't understand one thing that when kainat can't bear the the engagement dress of Saltanat and burnd that to ashes then how will bear Saltanat's rejected fiance? Wouldn't that remind her that she was not the first to have him. And she want not his first choice? Does she just want to marry Zaroon and then leave him so that Saltanat if marry him them she get someone rejected by her ? 

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ria2794

One thing I don't understand one thing that when kainat can't bear the the engagement dress of Saltanat and burnd that to ashes then how will bear Saltanat's rejected fiance? Wouldn't that remind her that she was not the first to have him. And she want not his first choice? Does she just want to marry Zaroon and then leave him so that Saltanat if marry him them she get someone rejected by her ? 

@bold - I wondered the same. Then I made peace with it after watching her burn the dress. She will make him burn in the fire worse than hell for choosing Sultanat with her taunts and snide remarks. If she ever catches him looking at Sultanat with any longing, she might actually set him on fire (or ask God do it on her behalf). She is not a person who will forget or forgive him for falling for Sultanat first.  

Edited by Irshita - 4 years ago
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ria2794

hello ria, super to see you mate..

Culture and traditions are made by humans for humans not the other way round. If they start crossing path, one need to instrospect instead of just accepting them at face value. 

yes culture and traditions are human made.. a form of preserving  their, clan, tribe,  groupings.. it was a way to ensure some form of order, style  of governing society, Yes true, traditions should be  such ,that unite  sets of peoples,  rather then cause divisions. 

The way mia jaan listened Saltanat today. I find him to be a good inteligent man. He is not a real follower of his religion but also understand it. Religion is to make a person love God not to make him his complaint box. Mia Jaan seems to be the best version of religious man I find till now. Though he is a bit orthodox, he is not someone who is blind follower. He do listen valid commands and  accept them as well. 

yes Mainjaan is one who aspires to practice what he preaches. His manner, facilitates  enquiry  into shady areas, His    interaction with Saltanat  shows  he is open to  the new age views,, and even sees, reason !

Kainat used to be a god loving girl in initial episodes who used to raise good questions to Mia jaan but now i find her someone who is just a pretender who tries to be in everyone's good book. Having feelings for someone and then giving a node to marriage for other is definitely not a characteristic of a god loving and pious girl. And what she did with Hamza's gift was even more bad, given the fact that it was not a gift but a Amanat of Hamza's family whose responsibility has been given to her. She has no right to denote it. She could have rejected when it was given to her but throwing it and denoting it was not something she had right to do. 

yes Kainat' is reacting , spurns the heirloom necklace.. this is just the  tip of the iceberg .. and who knows she probably even feels being cheated, by her god.. in her words its not that she ever asked for anything.. the girl is under duress.  its not like her to put herself out

The only character I like till now is Zaroon he is proper grey man, he is selfish but he is still a good man. He did wanted to know thought kainat's feelings for Hamza though it is for his own benefit. He has clearly never gave kainat any hope till now. He has rejected her the first time she came in front him as kainat. That tells that he hasn't taken any advantage of her and neither did any sin of giving her hope and then breaking it. He came to say no to her he said the same. In process he fell in love with Saltanat. 

ria  he is cultured and well mannered, it's reflective of how he has been brought up.. as for taking advantage of her, doubt it  if he would have.. she is family, as they say.. but true he didn't mislead her

I have few problems with Zaroon regarding him asking kainat to say no to his proposal. I believe if you want to do something you should owe to to yourself. You should do that your own self (one of the reasons I don't connect with kainat. Though kainat wants everything she don't do any effort to get it. She wants god to give her Zaroon on silver platter). If you look it in retrospect it was also in kainat's favour as it would have given kainat a chance to reject him infront of everyone. He would have been the one who got rejected. 

the idea of public rejection does preoccupy the main  characters 

Saltant I find too upright and just. Which somehow makes her unreal. I want her to have some shades like kainat and Zaroon have. But if everyone will be grey then whom we will cheer. But I still want her to be a boy selfish and hard hearted. Though I like the fact that she do give kainat back as good as she gets. The only thing I don't understand is how kainat can't see that Saltanat dont hate het as she does to her. 

Kainat's redemption perhaps lies in  discovering that Saltanat , means well.. its early days yet..  but this is what I like about the show.. the layered characterizations of the leads..

have not seen the episode  yet ria.. but like I said the sense of rejection is a rife  in the show.. thanks for giving an engaging comment that I  enjoyed responding to.. love hammie

phoenix27 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

I am too loving the show till now though the story is too similar to Swaragini for my liking but as said the characterization is very good. People are real here not like Swaragini where they were too black and white