Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sumz_d thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Hello all.

I am new for this forum.. 

I have been a silent member in this forum and i noticed majority of people are complaining about Tanvi's acting.

Dont get me wrong.. but i feel we are being too harsh and jumping into conclusions. 

What i dont understand is what do people here really expect from Tanvi.... what kind of expressions are people expecting from her? She is not negative to give expressions like Shrenu or rebellious like Kabir or autocratic like PK. She is just normal human being who came recently to a new house, new people and new place. All she is doing is trying to adjust. 

Since she lost her husband and married Kabir due to the promise, we cant expect her to be all jolly either. She is yet to come to terms with her marriage. 

On one post i saw people commenting that Kavya is too trusting and seedhi sadhi who cant give takarr to Jhanvi. But my point is since Kavya is new to the family, why on earth would she doubt on others? She is friendly to Jhanvi and Ishaani because they are friendly to her thats it. 

Right now she is trying to win family member's heart who are kinda rude to her. 

So basically what exactly people are expecting from... they say she cant act, not giving enough expressions etc.. but  i find her very normal and can connect with her also. 

PS: Its not only Kavya who is struggling and trying to adjust... its Tanvi also who is struggling on this forum :) lol 

No offence to anybody.. these are just my thoughts.  All welcome to share their thoughts :) 

Edited by sumz_d - 4 years ago
Sparklingstar22 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I understand what you are saying, in fact, inspite of not liking her, I tried to watch her scenes. I thought she would adjust with time, but she is still the same. Her scenes with others are still a little bit better than her scenes with Kabeer. She needs to work upon her expressions, and dialogue delivery, I feel.

Edited by Sparklingstar22 - 4 years ago
SRKisLove thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

I guess the thing is, at least for me, Tanvi is a little....kachcha? 

Like I think she doesn't have enough experience. Its the same for Aanchal and the actor playing Jay, they seem inexperienced too. But their roles are rather small, so no one really complains about their acting.

Tanvi is okay, except that Zain, Shrenu and others are more experienced and thus more refined performers. Esp. put opposite Zain, Tanvi's acting looks a little forced.

But I don't think she can't get better. I have seen actors in hit, trp earner shows doing pathetic acting, either expressionless or extremely OTT. Compared to that Tanvi is lot better. 

Its just been 3 weeks. Lets hope it improves. ðŸ˜Š

sumz_d thumbnail

Thanks for the reply guys.

But that's not my point.

I am not complaining of  Tanvi's acting. 

She is acting according to how her character has been written. She is doing what is required of her. 

krithi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sumz_d

Thanks for the reply guys.

But that's not my point.

I am not complaining of  Tanvi's acting. 

She is acting according to how her character has been written. She is doing what is required of her. 

In a show , the director tells the situation to the actors and the actors give their performance according to the situation. Very few scenes have been performed by the assistants to show the actors what should be  done by them

Still kavya doesn't try to live the character. Her dialogue delivery is looking like a recitation. In yesterday episode her emotional outburst also looking weird. Normally no one can do this thing in an attention position without a single movement of head and the other body parts .😭 

Edited by krithi1990 - 4 years ago
sumz_d thumbnail

Originally posted by: krithi1990

In a show , the director tells the situation to the actors and the actors give their performance according to the situation. Very few scenes have been performed by the assistants to show the actors what should be  done by them

Still kavya doesn't try to live the character. Her dialogue delivery is looking like a recitation. In yesterday episode her emotional outburst also looking weird. Normally no one can do this thing in an attention position without a single movement of head and the other body parts .😭 

Hmmm I see...

Seems like you know the director here personally and maybe you also visit the set.. lol!!!

Anyways I think people here are very knowledgeable about acting then I do... 

Chalo peace out xxx

Thanks for enlightening me

Enjoy 

:D

Sparklingstar22 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sumz_d

Hmmm I see...

Seems like you know the director here personally and maybe you also visit the set.. lol!!!

Anyways I think people here are very knowledgeable about acting then I do... 

Chalo peace out xxx

Thanks for enlightening me

Enjoy 

:D

See, the viewers conclude an actor/ actress is good or bad on the basis of whether they can connect with that actor/actress or not. 

You can connect with her, that is why you feel she is good. Similarly, the people who are saying that she is bad at acting, are actually unable to connect with her , and that's why they feel like this. 

Liking or not liking an actor/actress is purely subjective in nature.

Edited by Sparklingstar22 - 4 years ago
sumz_d thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sparklingstar22

See, the viewers conclude an actor/ actress is good or bad on the basis of whether they can connect with that actor/actress or not. 

You can connect with her, that is why you feel she is good. Similarly, the people who are saying that she is bad at acting, are actually unable to connect with her , and that's why they feel like this. 

Liking or not liking an actor/actress is purely subjective in nature.

Ya maybe... 

And sometimes I think its more about being a fan of a partiular actor due to which we tend to judge and pit the other new actor. 

Since people tend to compare their favs with other new actor. They develop this kind of biasesness in them.

But I get it its natural.. 

Everbody has a different choice and perspective.

:)

Edited by sumz_d - 4 years ago
Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

I agree with everything you have said. For what tanvi has been given to do so far she's reacting as per that. 

I've learnt not to come to quick conclusions when it comes to performances or chemistry as I did initially with adiza/ avneil, aditi in naamkarann, which after a few months I became obsessed with and saw that their chemistry hugely improved. Heck, many people just like on this forum also complained about a lack of chemistry or chemistry being off initially between aditi and zain, but all of us NK fans know how that all changed after a couple of months, especially after aditi's break up with her boyfriend her chemistry on screen and her rapport with zain in interviews massively and visibly improved. Here it's been less than a month, whereas with NK/ adiza it was a few good months before we saw a major change in their chemistry. 

I'm sure we will perhaps get to actually see zain-tanvi chemistry when it gets into the actual romance and with time as the actors get more comfortable with each other. I don't agree with people saying that actors either have or don't have chmistry and can show chmistry just standing next to each other, as chemistry is also built over time, just as adiza did and in many interviews actors have said they worked on their chemistry a lot. Chemistry isn't magically there, but created by the actors efforts and time too. 

SilentAvNeil thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sammy17

I agree with everything you have said. For what tanvi has been given to do so far she's reacting as per that. 

I've learnt not to come to quick conclusions when it comes to performances or chemistry as I did initially with adiza/ avneil, aditi in naamkarann, which after a few months I became obsessed with and saw that their chemistry hugely improved. Heck, many people just like on this forum also complained about a lack of chemistry or chemistry being off initially between aditi and zain, but all of us NK fans know how that all changed after a couple of months, especially after aditi's break up with her boyfriend her chemistry on screen and her rapport with zain in interviews massively and visibly improved. Here it's been less than a month, whereas with NK/ adiza it was a few good months before we saw a major change in their chemistry. 

I'm sure we will perhaps get to actually see zain-tanvi chemistry when it gets into the actual romance and with time as the actors get more comfortable with each other. I don't agree with people saying that actors either have or don't have chmistry and can show chmistry just standing next to each other, as chemistry is also built over time, just as adiza did and in many interviews actors have said they worked on their chemistry a lot. Chemistry isn't magically there, but created by the actors efforts and time too. 

I can see where you are coming from.  One correction I would like to make is that Zain and Aditi had fabulous on screen chemistry right from the start.  I rarely watch ITV but I started watching NK when I came across their first post leap promo accidentally and got hooked on to their on screen chemistry and story line.  They had lousy off screen relationship. They hated each other off screen and lot of fans complained about it.  I felt off screen was personal and we should not care about.

Anyway coming back to Tanvi and Zain, I hope it works for their sake.