Gathbandhan

Missing intensity?

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Yesterday's precap, where Dhanak is the tank and the water is filling up around her, I felt that something was missing. This happened when she was shot and when they were hanging off the cliff. You know that she/they are going to be fine. these constant jaan-ko-khatra type scenarios feel tedious. 

Even in other shows you know the leads are not going anywhere but these type of scenes often hook you. Are they showing dying scenes too often?

BTW - TRP is down - 1.3 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

InkandFire thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

As well as showing it too often, the intensity seems missing because they failed to build on their chemistry like they could’ve. 

They’ve shown every typical plot (not just the jaan pe khatra) too soon. Don’t know if you’ve seen the new promo but Dhanak becomes an IPS officer and is looking at Raghu’s photo and says “Raghu I want to tell you how much I love you” and then Raghu gets caught by the police carrying a ton of cash that he doesn’t understand how he got in the first place, is taken to the police station in handcuff in-front of Dhanak.

Oh my goodness. What will she choose now? Farz or Pyaar? 😱🙄

Umm... I don’t know how I feel about this. The only reason they’re making Dhanak realise her feelings for Raghu right after she becomes an IPS officer is so they can create conflict between her farz and pyaar and so she has something to lose. This would’ve been fine had they done it a bit later. It’s hardly been a day (according to the promo) since she’s achieved her dreams and she’s having to make a choice already. They never build up/develop anything.

I don’t know. To me her feelings for him just don’t seem genuine. Like I don’t know if it’s just me but I really can’t connect.

Like you said the intensity is HUGELY missing. Not just with near-death experiences of the leads but with the show in general.

InkandFire thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

P.s. Let’s not even mention the fact that she’s got a desk to herself and seems to be in supposedly high position in the police force already. I don’t know the rulings of the legal system in India, but I’m pretty sure you have to work your way up GRADUALLY to get to that position. 

Itishri thumbnail

Today I fast forward the search scenes - which means basically the most of the episode. Didn't care for crying Raghu - nothing new there. Raghu is just unbelievable. It is all about Dhanak. By this time, he has no life, no thought process, no identity, no relationships other than her. 

Caught the promo at the end for May 13-14. I agree with you about Dhanak's love. Can't feel it, can't see it logically. I will believe her love when she can treat him like an equal and not like a husband improvement project.

Wah kya baat hai! No wonder she wanted to be in IPS so desperately. ek hi din mein commissioner ban gayi! 😊

tejaswiniwenham thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Last episode was so damn annoying! raghu is just...ahhhhhh!!!! dude thats your mother! she lost her husband in a police encounter. raised you alone. perhaps learn to address these issues before doing all this drama! Or have the decency to leave her house (made through 'wrong means') with your heera sona chandi baiko and then do all this seena zori. And Dhanak! I just dont believe that she's serious about this family or this marriage. Which is fine. But then she should just leave. these half-hearted attempts- tujh mein apni aayi dekhti hain, its all kinda bs. mujhe toh nahi dikhta apni sasubai mein aayi, but im more compassionate and eager to listen to what my MIL has to say than dhanak ever is. If the writers wanted to convince that she actually cares about maayi, her actions should have spoken louder. Instead shes just been saying it, but has she ever really invested in her relationship with maayi? no! she wanted to sudhrao maayi then just kinda gave up. now she'll be police and have to put her saas in jail. And she certainly doesnt seem bothered by that as you'd expect someone who actually thinks of their saas as aayi to be. I mean, she can become IPS next year as well. but once the relationship boat has sailed there's no bringing it back. They should've extended and built on Dhanak's choice- family over IPS and really invested in her relationships- both lovestory with raghu and maayi. 

Do you know why the Intensity is not felt in any of Dhanak's love scenes? cos raghu's love has been portrayed as so damn desperate that hers just doesnt measure up. her love is conditionally tied to raghu becoming what she wants- on 'fixing' him. whereas his is totally unconditional. even at the cost of his mother's izzat, even when she doesnt respect him at all. so theres no way in hell dhanak's love will ever seem up to par. she just doesnt seem desperate enough. her love is just as mechanical as everything else. last friday was good because she wasnt mechanical. they need to create situations for the next say 3 months where shes the one fighting to keep raghu. 

Itishri thumbnail

Dhanak hasn't even invested in her relationship with Raghu. How can we expect her to invest in the relationship with Mai.

Forget the romantic scenes, there is no intensity in "jaan ko khatra" type scenes. I did not feel anything when Raghu was searching for her or the water was rising. It was all meh.

Agree with you - Raghu should move out with his baiku. At least Mai can in peace instead of constant disrespect from her son and DIL. Dhanak and Raghu's "Dhanak sees her own mother in Mai" nautanki was the probably worst part of the show. Such parts are supposed to be emotional but here they were worse than mechanical - seem to be just randomly thrown in. when did Dhanak realize her "feelings" for Mai?

Edited by Irshita - 4 years ago
tejaswiniwenham thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Irshita

Dhanak hasn't even invested in her relationship with Raghu. How can we expect her to invest in the relationship with Mai.

90% itv heroines pati ko chune nahi deti for 2 years par bahu 10 secs mein ban jati hain. So its a more rational expectation nahi? Be a good bahu first, acchi patni toh bante nahi hain yeh log kabhi bhi. Par dhanak toh kuch bhi nahi ban rahi hain...maybe a good daughter or sister- in the beginning she was but aaj kal unhe bhi zyada bhav nahi milta. She's not even self serving...she's just meh.

Forget the romantic scenes, there is no intensity in "jaan ko khatra" type scenes. I did not feel anything when Raghu was searching for her or the water was rising. It was all meh.

Thats because they fall in khatra every alternate week. When you create a pattern, its like CID. We know what to expect. The fight with bablu bhai and dhanak getting shot was good but the follow up in haji ali and it having no consequence on their relationship was hella stupid. Following that up with the dumb bus accident in 2 weeks was just sheer dumbness. They should've moved dhanak and raghu's relationship forward then and there. The bus track was ttly crap and repeat. It only desensitised us to dhanak almost dying and raghu saving her.

Agree with you - Raghu should move out with his baiku. At least Mai can in peace instead of constant disrespect from her son and DIL. Dhanak and Raghu's "Dhanak sees her own mother in Mai" nautanki was the probably worst part of the show. Such parts are supposed to be emotional but here they were worse than mechanical - seem to be just randomly thrown in. when did Dhanak realize her "feelings" for Mai?

Typical stupid girl mentality- jo pati bhav deti hain uski koi kadar nahi but feelings for sasubai who doesnt give two flying fudge. 😆 But i still dont SEE this love. Like i can FEEL dhanak's love for her useless muftkhor pappa but i just cant FEEL her love for the jadavs in any capacity. She's only ever been condescending to them.

Irshita5/10/2019 1:12:50 PM

Edited by tejaswiniwenham - 4 years ago
Itishri thumbnail

chalo exam bhi pura ho gaya! IPS bhi ban gayi!!! woohooo!

Phase 2 begins on Monday! Let's see what's next! Happy weekend to all.