Responsibility? Really Kunal??

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

‘Shaadi ke bad tum meri responsibilty ban jaogi’ Really Kunal? So first Mishti was Singhanias responbility, than Maheswari took over and now they are handing her responsibility to Rajvansh family. Are women suppose to exist without any sense of identity? 

Todays episode showed how women are better off today but still far from being equal with men. Extremely disapointed with Kunal. Just think about how many guys like Kunal we have come across in life? They look modern, very well educated, talks in english, goodlooking but when it comes to the topic of gender equality they will still proudly say women is born to stay at home and serve men. They still believe in men being superior than women in every way. Sucks but we have a lot of them. And sadly, this happens more in urban cities. Kuhu is a very innocent character. She was very vocal about falling for Kunal just beacuse of his goodlooks and fancy car but gradually once the story progresses hopefully she will realise that we dont need bigger cars, fancier clothes but instead we need self respect, identity, love and challenge and a purpose in living. Hopefully cvs ke this small koshish will help some people realise that knowing your partner before marrige is very important. Finally courtship ko meaninh mil gayi show mein. 

Good topic raised by the creatives. Im glad now the show is somewhat doing justice to the initial promos which promised a concept based show. Most of the male leads in tv are male chauvinist, pulling and pinning down a girl and sadly their fans glorify them and make the character look like a god. I have never understood this. Saddest part is that it could actually be reality for many women. And those who go through such things know that it is not fun to be supressed by their partner or any men. We need more positive male leads like Abir on itv who along with respecting women understands them and encourage them. 

Yes, I like that they're tackling this topic of seemingly perfect guys turning out to be imperfect. Kunal is a lot like Meenakshi, so no wonder he is backward and conservative. 

He didn't even give Mishti a choice. He just told her that she should reject the offer. Men who are like Kunal are the most dangerous, IMO, because their flaws are not obvious. For girls like Kuhu who are naive and have their heads in the clouds, it can be a real shock when they discover their dream guys are not so dreamy. 

TV also tends to water down the depiction of these guys by showing them changing due to the influence of their female partners but IRL, that doesn't happen much. Conservative people are stuck in their ways and do not want to change despite their beliefs being wrong. 

Kunal clearly believes the place of a woman is at home- highly weird considering Meenakshi is the CEO of their company and household. Most often, these casually sexist men are also not respectful or caring like they're showing Kunal to be. It's a dishonest representation because some girls may accept this kind of behaviour thinking 'he loves me and cares about me'. 

P.S. Abir is really one of the best male leads in recent times. Too many violent misogynists as leads on TV right now. 🤢

It is refreshing to see a modern man who is caring, respectful, rational and not blindly devoted to his mother to the detriment of his partner. 

Originally posted by clarity

Yes, I like that they're tackling this topic of seemingly perfect guys turning out to be imperfect. Kunal is a lot like Meenakshi, so no wonder he is backward and conservative. 

He didn't even give Mishti a choice. He just told her that she should reject the offer. Men who are like Kunal are the most dangerous, IMO, because their flaws are not obvious. For girls like Kuhu who are naive and have their heads in the clouds, it can be a real shock when they discover their dream guys are not so dreamy. 

TV also tends to water down the depiction of these guys by showing them changing due to the influence of their female partners but IRL, that doesn't happen much. Conservative people are stuck in their ways and do not want to change despite their beliefs being wrong. 

Kunal clearly believes the place of a woman is at home- highly weird considering Meenakshi is the CEO of their company and household. Most often, these casually sexist men are also not respectful or caring like they're showing Kunal to be. It's a dishonest representation because some girls may accept this kind of behaviour thinking 'he loves me and cares about me'. 

I don't think Kunal believing @Bold is weird. He seems to believe that Meenakshi having to manage both house and job is her "suffering due to his dad's absence", not her independence. He doesn't want Mishti "to suffer" by working like his mom. He is not thinking that she might want to become independent or carve her own identity.

Originally posted by tournesol

I don't think Kunal believing @Bold is weird. He seems to believe that Meenakshi having to manage both house and job is her "suffering due to his dad's absence", not her independence. He doesn't want Mishti "to suffer" by working like his mom. He is not thinking that she might want to become independent or carve her own identity.

Yeah, that's a good point. He did say today that Meenakshi had to don the hats of both mother & father. He thinks she was majboor. But this idea still does not tie in with the active role Meenakshi takes in the family and the company. I mean, Meenakshi handles her father's business over her brother. This was not a situation where there would be no option but for her to work. Also, now that Kunal is handling the company, if he thinks Meenakshi is suffering by working so much, he should ask her to retire 'cause she is 'his responsibility' now. 

Even for household matters, her decision is supreme, despite Nanu and Kaushal's presence.

Yeah, that's a good point. He did say today that Meenakshi had to don the hats of both mother & father. He thinks she was majboor. But this idea still does not tie in with the active role Meenakshi takes in the family and the company. I mean, Meenakshi handles her father's business over her brother. This was not a situation where there would be no option but for her to work. Also, now that Kunal is handling the company, if he thinks Meenakshi is suffering by working so much, he should ask her to retire 'cause she is 'his responsibility' now. 

Even for household matters, her decision is supreme, despite Nanu and Kaushal's presence.

True, Meenakshi's dominance of the household and the company exceeds far too much than any majboori would require... It would be fun to watch her expressions (with that BGM) if/when Kunal asks her to retire and end her 'suffering'. 😆

I know. He just declared his decision and didnt even bother asking Mishti once what she wants. Wth? If he is forbidding her from making such big decision of her just in these early days of courtship then it should raise alarm bell for Mishti. 

Itv shows that some men might change their perception gradually about women being independent, but like you said real life mein aisa kaam hi hota hai. And it has mostly to do with their upbringing. Meenaxi has done the same thing to Kunal. She makes him believe and he follows her blindly. We live in 2019 where feminism and gender equality are give so much importance. But still come across thousand cases like this. Sad truth

Originally posted by tournesol

True, Meenakshi's dominance of the household and the company exceeds far too much than any majboori would require... It would be fun to watch her expressions (with that BGM) if/when Kunal asks her to retire and end her 'suffering'. 😆

That will be the day when he asks his mom to retire.

I wish mishti had asked Kunal why his mom is still working when he’s there to take her (Meenu’s) responsibility too. 

I wish mishti had a chance to put her viewpoint across as to why she wants to work. I don’t want Abir to be the one who does the explaining to Kunal.

Hi,

New here.

I agree with all of you but my main problem is Kunal has no desire to listen to what Mishti has to say and that is a big NO NO for me for any relationship. Its funny i have a friend whose mother was same , had to take care of everything when he was a child and he is receptive to take charge kind of girls.