Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Neena Gupta joins the cast of Sooryavanshi.

jb508 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

She will play Akshay’s mother. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

QueenBolly thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Neena is 59 years old.

Akshay is 51 years old.

This is some Waqt Race Against TIme bullshit all over again where she was playing Amitabh's wife in her mid-30s where Priyanka was playing a woman in her mid-20s. This is why BW is dying. 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: QueenBolly

Neena is 59 years old.

Akshay is 51 years old.

This is some Waqt Race Against TIme bullshit all over again where she was playing Amitabh's wife in her mid-30s where Priyanka was playing a woman in her mid-20s. This is why BW is dying. 

I would love to know your views about Kirron Kher playing playing mom of Khans-Akki-so on, Gajraj Rao playing Ayushmann's dad, Pankaj Tripathi playing father of Kriti Sanon, Manoj Bajpayee and Richa Chadda playing parents of Nawaz, Anupam Kher playing father of Khans-Akki&so on and there are millions of other examples.[BR]Movies are fictional tales, characters can be played by anyone, as long they do the roles well.

Chameliii thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Woww 

Exciting 😉

QueenBolly thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

I would say that it's a manifestation of society's norms by India, and the need to use preferential cast by nepotism standards because your family members know a director or a producer. But Neena is a fantastic actress, and I'm sure she's going to do well. But I'm just a bit tired of this repetitive pattern of casting women who are clearly in the same age brackets as the leading actors. However, beauty is all subjective in the eyes of Bollywood so....