Yeh Rishtey Hai Pyaar Ke

KISMAT - A MishBir SS - (PART 6 UPDATED - 16/6 - PAGE 7)

Mridzy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Hi everyone, 

This is an idea I came up with based on what I actually wanted to see in the show incorporated in the current track. Originally this is a three/four parter but might continue based on the route the show takes. 

The title ofcourse is from Abir's recent dialogue of how kismet anyway finds ways to unite 2 people who are meant to be. 

Without further ado - here goes 

PART 1

"Mishti" he muttered with a smile. The girl in question smiled in return, lowering his eyes, her long hair falling down her shoulders. 

"You have always been there for us. Our family. You are a great girl. Thanks Mishti" 

She nodded

"You're very special. Mishti...."

Abir woke up with a jolt. Shit! Slamming a hand to his head, he pushed his covers down, "stop doing this Abir. The girl is getting married to your brother" 

And you are dreaming about her

Shut up! He sushed his own thoughts out

Again! 

Irritated with himself he pushed himself out of the bed and got up to get started with his day. 

"Ben ba, it is strange starting our day without the sound of your sitar"

Meenakshi looked up from her laptop, "good morning, Parul. I told you Parul, my life now revolves around one thing and one thing only"

Parul nodded

"And that is getting my son to say no to that girl Mishti. She will never become my bahu. I'll see to that"

Abir reeled back. Anger coursed through him. He couldn't believe what he had just heard. Actually, he could. He should have known. He would have known had he not been the emotional idiot he had been the last few days. 

Had he not let his guard down, he would have known that minute his mother agreed to mishti's demands of marital courtship that something was amiss. His mother would never agree to such demands. Not in this century. 

He pushed the hair out of his eyes, "idiot" he scolded himself. 

He had let his guard down, and he had unknowingly set Mishti up for heartbreak. He had asked his brother to pretend he had taken her to the hospital, he had pushed his brother to take her out on dates, and he even sent her flowers in his name - the last one he wasn't proud of. But he had asked Kunal to send her flowers and that boy had forgotten, so he did it anyway. 

He did all this so Mishti wouldn't be pushed into a relationship. He wanted that decision to be entirely hers. 

All he wanted was her to be happy. 

Because she was special

Yeah, she was.

And you like her

Ye - 

What? His eyes flew open. No! He shook his head. No! He wasnt going to let that happen 

And he wasn't going to let Mishti down either. She had called him her friend. Repeatedly. 

He knew what he had to do. 

On his way out he was stopped by Jugnu - "Abir bhaiya! Abir bhaiya"

He turned around, "she loved the flowers. She asked me to say thanks to you"

He nodded absentmindedly, and continued walking. 

Thank him?! She knew?

"Jugnu wait" he called. Jugnu turned around, "she asked you to thank me?!"

"Haan bhaiya. She said 'jisne bhi yeh phool bejhe, unse thanks keh Dena. Aur kehna ki yeh bahut Sundar hai"

Phew!

"Ok. Thanks Jugnu"

He would tell them everything. He would tell her  everything. And then the decision would be hers. 

And what about your brother, Abir?

Kunal! Abir stopped, Kunal was in this too. He had agreed to the courtship. What if Kunal - his thought hitched, he gulped, what if Kunal liked Mishti? 

His fists clenched unknowingly. Damn it. What kind of a mess had he got them into?! 

He looked back into the house - he saw Kunal in the balcony of his room, talking on phone. No. He knew kunal. He had seen him when he had genuinely liked a girl. He had seen him in love. He knew that Kunal didn't like mishti - yet, a small voice added. 

That was true. There was something about that girl. It didn't take long for Mishti to Inch her way into people's hearts.

Like yours

If he told the maheshwaris, he thought, deliberately ignoring the annoying little voice inside his head. 

What are you going to tell them Abir? That your mother lied? That she doesn't like Mishti? That Kunal isn't interested? That you were the one who saved her, but asked your brother to pretend it was him?  

"No" he muttered, he couldn't let his family down. He couldn't do that. 

When a relationship breaks, no one questions the boy. But everyone questions the girl and her character. 

Vishambar uncle's words echoed in his head. He kicked a pebble out of frustration - no that's not going to happen this time. 

He couldn't tell the maheshwaris, but he could talk to his brother. He would find out if he liked her.

He knew what Mishti would say - she would say "it's just been a couple of days. How do you like a person so soon - that too for marriage. I need more time"

He smiled, maybe that's what he should do? Give them more time. And in that time, he would try to make his mother see what a great girl Mishti was. 

And you would be okay with that? You would be happy when Mishti and Kunal say yes? 

He chose not to answer that, just like he chose to ignore the sick feeling that was overtaking him from the pits of his stomach. 

Coming up: Mishti slammed down on the breaks - why was there a huddle in her usual cycling route - that too this early? 

Parking her bike on the corner of the road, she got down and started walking towards the crowd - feeling very unsettled, but not understanding why.

She knew why the minute she saw the man on the ground, blood flowing from a deep gash on his head

"ABIR!" 

AUTHOR NOTES:

1. that's it for now. I hope you people like this. I tried to tap into Abir's mind. Next part will be mishti's POV

2. Review please 

Mridzy

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bs123 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Yay! It's great to see another fanfiction in the making. I like the premise for this particular story and the way in which you have written it in the context of the current track while keeping the characterizations intact.

I love that Abir has figured out Meenu's plan and that Mishti has not assumed that Kunal sent the flowers. Also, its good to see that Abir is not yet a lovesick puppy and is still grappling with his feelings, yet is also regretting his previous actions with respect to the Kunal-Mishti alliance. This is indeed how the current track should have played out if the CV s had sense!

I can already tell that you are an awesome FF writer from whatever little I've read of this FF and the promo for your other one. Great Job & please update the next part as soon as you can!

I'm looking forward to reading it!

Samyuktha123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Lovely. Pls write more

Preeran345 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Its awesome.Loved it.

Mridzy thumbnail

Originally posted by: bs123

Yay! It's great to see another fanfiction in the making. I like the premise for this particular story and the way in which you have written it in the context of the current track while keeping the characterizations intact.

I love that Abir has figured out Meenu's plan and that Mishti has not assumed that Kunal sent the flowers. Also, its good to see that Abir is not yet a lovesick puppy and is still grappling with his feelings, yet is also regretting his previous actions with respect to the Kunal-Mishti alliance. This is indeed how the current track should have played out if the CV s had sense!

I can already tell that you are an awesome FF writer from whatever little I've read of this FF and the promo for your other one. Great Job & please update the next part as soon as you can!

I'm looking forward to reading it!

Hi thank you for this wonderful review. That was exactly my intention - to tap into unspoken feelings and what should have been shown in the serial. :) 

Thank you for liking my stories - will try to post an update to both in a couple of days. 

Mridzy thumbnail

Originally posted by: samyuktha0411

Lovely. Pls write more

Thank you. Will update in 2-3 days

Mridzy thumbnail

Originally posted by: Preeran345

Its awesome.Loved it.

Thank you 

Anuka3 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Great work again. I am really enjoying reading them. I wish aisa hi ho. Abir’s realisation part should be like this. Plaese post more

srilotus thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Wow another fiction. 

Well written. Liked Abir's pov.

Update soon.

Mridzy thumbnail

PART 2 

Mishti loved the mornings. She loved the sound of the chirping birds, she loved the sense of calm that prevailed before everyone started with their lives. There was something about mornings - early mornings to be precise. 

Smiling, Mishti took a deep breath as she cycled, revelling in the greenery on either side of her cycling route. She loved this time - it felt as if it was just her, her thoughts and the world. 

Her thoughts when she cycled ranged from simple joys to pertinent questions. She often found that she had answers to questions that troubled her when she cycled early morning. She could understand herself, her thoughts, her feelings. 

Her feelings......

"Kunal...." She muttered to herself. There was a huge decision she had to make - but she just didn't know how? She had met Kunal a couple of times but it still felt like she didn't know him at all. 

Maybe that was the problem - it was just a couple of times. "Not enough time to know a person, right Mishti" she trailed off.

But she still couldn't excuse the way he had reacted over her job interview. 

"Maybe he was angry" Mishti muttered, as she turned a right deftly. 

Uh huh but what about what he said, Mishti? He didn't ask you once about what you wanted. What was your professional aspirations? Would you be happy sitting at home? 

"I'm sure he didn't mean it that way. Maybe he only meant that there was no real necessity for her to work" 

It sounded bad even to herself. Mishti frowned, she should talk to kunal, she decided. 

This only went to show that she needed more time to know him. 

But to be fair to him, they had met only a couple of times. How could someone know and care for the other person to actually think from their angle? For them?

But Abir.....

Mishti smiled as she thought of Abir, his joyful face popped up in her head -  lips that almost always held a smile, his tousled hair, his eyes so deep that it held pools of emotions, and yet managed to be full of mirth -  that boy was mad. 

Mishti felt her smile widen. He was one of a kind. Always lighting up the place he was in.

Mishti realised she still hadn't thanked him for talking about her father at home, "very bad Mishti"

But how many thanks would she say? And for what all? 

He had been there for her at every step. Knowingly or unknowingly he had helped her ever since she knew him. 

And it had only been a couple of weeks. In such a short time -

In such a short time  -  

Why was it that it was so easy with Abir - but so hard with kunal. 

Why?!

Abir loved the early mornings as much as he loved the late nights. He loved the tranquility it brought.

It was just him and him alone. And his thoughts. 

"You have no idea what it feels to have your parents abandon you" 

Mishti's voice echoed in his head - that girl had touched a cord ever since that day. He didn't know what or why but he knew that Naman Agarwal caused Mishti pain. 

She, like him, had grown up without a father - well, maybe not, vishambar uncle had been much more than a father. But still, being abandoned by your parents - 

His heart ached for her. She must have been so little. Not much older than he had been when his dad had left him. 

A tear escaped his eye. Today was Baba's birthday and he wanted nothing more than to see his baba - ask him what was so important that he had to leave his 6 year old son. 

Life had been cruel to them both, that too in similar ways.  And yet, she seemed to be so strong. 

Abir closed his eyes as images from the holi party flashed before his eyes where Naman Agarwal had pleaded and asked for his daughter and she had just walked up and asked him to leave. 

Now he knew that Naman Agarwal was not a good man, but still, a child who longs for a father would still give them a chance, right? 

He knew he would. So for Mishti to actually go against her own father - what had happened? And why had her parents abandoned her?what would she have gone through?

She must have been so hopeless. So lost. 

He felt weighed down suddenly. He felt the insane need to protect her. He felt he had let her down.

"I'm sorry Mishti" he muttered.

And now his mother knew. And knowing his mother, she would definitely use this and break the rishta. 

Isn't that what you want? 

"No. I don't want Mishti to be hurt... Or Kunal" he added as an afterthought.

"Tum phone lete Kyun nahi"  she had asked him. Maybe he should have. 

And done what?

"I would have spoken to kunal" Kunal had seemed okay when he had revealed the truth about mishti's father at home. But still he wanted to know 

Know what? 

"Do you like Mishti, Nanku?"

Damn it!  He didn't even like how it sounded. 

That's because you like her. 

"ALL RIGHT FINE! I LIKE HER. HAPPY NOW?" Abir found himself yelling.  It was a good thing the roads were deserted. 

And then his words weighed in.

"I like her?!" He muttered, half questioning,half accepting. 

Oh, please!  His mind mocked him. Don't act as if you liked the idea when your mother suggested Mishti for Kunal. 

He hadn't liked it. 

Or when Mishti dragged you into the room to tell you about Ved - don't act as if her closeness didn't affect you.

That had left him breathless

Or having her in your arms, in YOUR clothes, as she tripped over did nothing to you?! 

Abir pressed both palms against his head and squeezed his eyes shut, hoping that the stupid game his mind was playing with him would stop. The taunts would stop. 

SCREEEECHHHHH

The next few minutes were blank. His eyes fluttered open - and he saw a flurry of people from somewhere over his head. They were muttering something but he couldn't hear. 

"Arrgh" there was a sharp pain on his head, he tried to lift his hand, they didn't move. 

He gulped, and tried to focus, tried to understand what was happening. Everything was getting blurry again. He closed his eyes

"Kya hua?" 

It was her! 

He could recognise that voice from anywhere. 

"Mishti" he muttered, his voice a mere whisper. There was a scurry of feet. His eyes fluttered open, as her face came into focus. 

Confusion, recognition, shock and concern. 

"ABIR!"

Coming up:

She plopped on her knee and lifted his head on her lap

"Abir!" She cried, tapping his cheek, "Abir. Can you hear me?" Tap.tap.tap

He wanted to tell her he could. He wanted to tell her not to worry. He wanted to tell her so many things but he couldn't speak. He couldn't even nod

"Abir please" she continued.

His eyes fluttered open one last time as he saw tears cascading down her cheeks and onto his face before his entire world went black. 

That's it folks!!! I tried to do justice to Abir's pov but that was kind of hard. I hope you people liked it. 

Thank you!