Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Ranbir Kapoor has shouldered all my problems: Rishi Kapoor

altgr thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Ranbir Kapoor has shouldered all my problems: Rishi Kapoor as he says he is cancer free

In an interview, Rishi Kapoor says that after eight months of treatment in USA, he is cancer-free. Read on!

Written By Pinkvilla Desk  Mumbai  Published: May 3, 2019 09:49 AM  54734 reads  11 comments

Back in September 2018, Rishi Kapoor took to his Twitter handle to inform his fans that he is jetting off to USA for some medical treatment and since then, this veteran actor hasn’t come back to India. Expectedly, grapevine is abuzz with a lot of speculations surrounding his health and a few days back, filmmaker Rahul Rawail announced on social media that Rishi Kapoor is cancer-free. And today, in an interview, Rishi Kapoor opened up about his health and how his wife, Neetu Kapoor, stood like a rock in these trying times.

“My eighth month of treatment started on May 1 in the US. But God has been kind! I am in remission, meaning now I am cancer-free,” Rishi Kapoor informed Deccan Chronicle. But although Rishi has been declared cancer-free but there are more medical procedures to undergo before Rishi is back to India. “I will have to do a bone-marrow transplant which in all probability should take another two months minimum,” Rishi said.

Thanks to social media, Neetu Kapoor and daughter Riddhima have been posting pictures with Rishi Kapoor all the way from New York and amidst all the medical treatment, Rishi Kapoor says that his wife Neetu Kapoor has stood by him like a rock and his illness has got him closer to his son, Ranbir Kapoor. “Being in remission is a big thing and it’s all because of my family and my fans prayers and duas that have worked. I thank them all. Neetu has stood by me like a rock. Otherwise I am too difficult a person to handle as far as food and drink are concerned,” Rishi Kapoor informed, adding, “My kids Ranbir and Ridhima  have really shouldered my problems.”

From Anumpan Kher, Javed Akhtar, Alia Bhatt, Priyanka Chopra, Sonu Nigam, Aamir Khan, Maniesh Paul to other B-town celebs, Rishi Kapoor had visitors at his New York abode and on the work front, the actor was last seen in the web-feature film Rajma Chawal and during an awards ceremony, Ranbir had said that his father is going through a rough phase in his life and at this point also, his biggest concern is if he will get work after he returns to India.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

He said Ranbir And Ridhima.. Gender discrimination in title😆

Anyhow, Ranbir is a good son.. Good for him.. Lucky are children who get the opportunity to look after their parents

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

chalo, at least kuch toh dhang ka kaam kiya

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Wese I liked how the Kapoor family handled this period.. 

HZAnita thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I am happy to hear Rishi is doing well!  I'm sure it was a very difficult time for the family.

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4
cancer free ,can't ,secondaries will come somewhere