Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Sufiyana Pyaar Mera ~ My musings 1.5.19   Sibling Rivalry.

Animosity, competition between siblings blood related or not, is notunheard of. Siblings, cousins,  in  most joint families tend to spend quite a bitof time, with each other right from childhood, if possible in many families. Itis left really to guardians , parents ,elders to promote a fairness, within thehome environment, where one sibling does not feel less than the other. In the show currently the pair of the Kainatand Sultanat is a significant pair of  cousin sisters whose childhood experiences,immediate family up bringing, does have a bearing on how they feel as adultstowards each other. The issue of  Zaroon’schoice  between Kainat and Sultanat servesto fan more ill wiil and rivalry ,not just between the same age ,look alikecousins but their families too.

The episode shows us further the personalities  of the two cousin sisters.  Makes me wonder are they two sides of onecoin. Both defined in their own right. We actually see, wherediscord, rivalry lies between Kainat and Sultanat , there also lies a sensitivitytowards each other’s  discomfiture  and pain. Both make an effort not to stand inthe way of each others joy. Both silently believe, that both warm to this visitor Zaroon. Both Kainat and Sultanatalso give each other, advices, regardless how one takes it from the others.

Zaroon, I feel is not yet fully aware, that despitethe distasteful  effect his and hisfather’s dream has created. The two cousins are moreconnected to each other, than meets the eye. Can it be said, that sound valueshave been either inculcated in them like in Kainat? Or good values, loyalty tofamily is just picked up from Mainjaan’s revered name and respectability. Despite how hard Rubina’s selfish, motives andostentatious life style. tries to influence Sultanat’s mind, we see she alertsher mother’s  her happiness, in catchinga good husband like Zaroon is  actuallyrobbing another’s joy. Sultanat is not cold towards  Kainat’s disappointment.

But thenagain, the likes of Rubina,  gloat in thefulfilment of their dreams and justify their joy and another’s sorrow, as allthe doing of Providence.  Rubina’s fear, thoughcomes from her own daughter Sultanat, who might create hurdle in this idealalliance. Even words like marriages are made in heaven! Will not reallyconvince Sultanat. She clearly fallsback upon the bond and childhood experiences Kainat and her shared, how evergood or bad they may seem.

It’s this bond, this connection that urges Sultanat to check up on her cousin sister. To see how well, Kainat keeps a lid  over herown  sense of failure and rejection.The truth is Kainat ,unnerves Sultanat. She wantsto know more about the mettle Kainat is made of? Symbolically as the episodeshows, what makes the white dove, seek cover after its solo flight into the infinite sky! How does the dove know when to return to its niche?? All calm and restive?

The scene between the two sisters is the highlight for me. There is no shame ,holding back from each other. Bothknow they like the same man, Zaroon  forwhat he’s worth.  Sultanat , eggs Kainat to  for once  speak up for herself , let the heart take overinstead of her mind. But Kainat too, reminds her the matters of the heart, tendto cloud one’s reasoning. Sultant’s nerve fray by Kainat’s composure, and sheopenly tells her  she is aware of thefire that burns in her heart too. But what Saltant  is made aware off, is that the fire is not extinguished..merely contained. In  keeping with her decision, that brings much happiness to many within the family, not just to her and Zaroon only.

Both squabble over the issue of rejecting  what the heart really wants,  in place of the restraints the family puts upon them. Whereas,Kainat in her decision seems to favour Zaroon.. she also looks out for her cousin sisters, emotions too. To her, Sultanat too probably loves Zaroon ,theway he does. Besides, we also learn, that Kainat is a realist too,  she understands, that arranged, relationshipsbetween two people, where one person shows, discontent, may happen due to familial pressure, but are unlikely to last in a sound, stable relationship.  Kainat , believes, that matters of the heartcannot be manipulated.. they are spontaneous, pure and god given..

Moreover, Kainat, favours  Sultanat , because she wantsto prove her mother Zainanb’s sound upbringing. Her mother, and Mainjaan meanthe world to her. It’s interesting how Kainat goad's on Sultanat to reject Mainjaan’s consent. This makes Kainat aware , that Sultanat, is peeved, over the fact, that she was not  asked about her views!  That Sultanatwould speak about her opinion when its sought and not before!

This time, Kainat gives  Saltanat a wise advice. To show gratitude, for what her heart desired for, as this time to show ingratitude will be tantamount to  agnosticism towards , both family values  andher faith.

The word reject keeps cropping up between the two cousins.. but this too becomes clear, that both, get issues off their chests! Saltant feels, Kainat’s revenge propelled  consent , is actually behind her and Zaroon’s wedding!  She feels belittledin accepting a husband, that is Kainat’s reject. Kainat retorts, that if thatis what she thinks of the tough decision she had to take.. then why doesn’t sheend it all now.. to end an engagement, is far less serious than ending amarriage! This then is the bitterness that comes out of people’s mouths , when going through emotional storms. They hurt each other with words, but still look out for each other.. deep down I think, they both do  care for each other. Both if they had in their hands would  spare the other further heart ache

Sultant on her part, still withholds what she feels for a dying to know Zaroon. He seems to be all smiles now.. with complete consent from the grieving parties. But Sultanat is at all times, aware of  what Kainat actually sees.

When is comes to Kainat , she literally, with a courteous smile slides off the symbolic bangle given from the boys side, to their would daughter in law. Kainat does away with the misunderstanding, that gave her and her loved ones a heart ache.

On the other hand how easy it is for Zaroon , to slide the bangle on Sultanat ‘s wrist.,he is content, he’s almost struck a goal! But has he really? Has he really scored with the woman he has Sufiyana love for?The man has to wait for the right time? For good things come to those who wait.Only Zaroon knows not! the art of perseverance. Neither  do his parents. They  too are in a hurry to realize their dreams...

Talking about the dreams.. the heart covets. In  this episode many dream about glory, respectability. To rise further in station. Take, Mamoon and family; Rubina ; dadi  and Humza ..all dream. Then there are those two.. who dream that marriages are made inheaven.. is this last one a myth? Or its true for those, who wait  upon god’s judgement..

Helly Shah you were a sheer delight to watch! portraying the two sides of siblings joined by the joys and sorrows of one Sufiyana love.. 2.5.19.. Hamlet53.

good news the emoticons are back..😃 this is for all of you!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BIaddict thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Hi hammie, I am one episode ahead when I respond to you lol

The “rejected” references was very interesting. I for one has been waiting  restlessly for their backstory. Now though after watching the promo I am a bit disheartened. Kayanat character sketch has gone down the drain with the promo. 

I wonder if we will get to see the backstrory on why there is a sense of competition between the siblings. I am also disheartened that kayanat is still interested in zaroon and is waiting for god to hand him to her. 

By the way I commented in another post about zaroons chalaki and how he is similar to Hamza. One wants riyazat for dadhi other for dad. Zaroon is very good at manipulating and using people for his advantage. I really do not want the Canadians to get the riyazat under any cost ..

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BIaddict

Hi hammie, I am one episode ahead when I respond to you lol

The “rejected” references was very interesting. I for one has been waiting  restlessly for their backstory. Now though after watching the promo I am a bit disheartened. Kayanat character sketch has gone down the drain with the promo. 

I wonder if we will get to see the backstrory on why there is a sense of competition between the siblings. I am also disheartened that kayanat is still interested in zaroon and is waiting for god to hand him to her. 

By the way I commented in another post about zaroons chalaki and how he is similar to Hamza. One wants riyazat for dadhi other for dad. Zaroon is very good at manipulating and using people for his advantage. I really do not want the Canadians to get the riyazat under any cost ..

hi Bladdict,  just posted my annotation to your comment and it didn't post .. so me miffed.. and unsure if this one goes through.. thanks for sharing your valued thoughts..

ok,it posted... now me editing.. just being safe if it worked this time. Bladdict you are ahead because of the time zone we live in.. my telecast is at 9.30 pm.. whilst you 4 hrs ahead are safely tucked in bed. I tend to doze on my lappie as well. watch it the following morning and then put a hasty review.. really.. promo shows Kainat.. not to our liking.. oh dear.. seems the righteous , are unpopular and misfits in this bad world.. lets wait and see mate..  oh and me too wants  the firangi's as dadi calls them  to stay clear of the dargah.. cannot see them relating to the locals.. lets watch.. hamza and zaroon.. both go for the booty..

hope you are not planning to leave as well? will not be  very encouraging for me.. so please give the show a chance... love hammie