Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Sufiyana Pyaar Mera ~ My musings 30.4.19  The Litmus test

This test as we are aware, determines the acidity and alkalinity of chemical substances.Figuratively , it’s a question or an issue that determine’s  the true intent and motives a person uses toresolve  issues or posed questions .After watching this powerful episode, like both families I too await keenly the decision that Kainat is likely to take regards Zaroon’s proposal  for Sultanat. Already the opposing camps and cliques are unsure  of,her ability and the power she has been allotted by the head of the families, Mainjaan  to give her the power to give a verdict about  Zaroon’s choice.

Even Zainab,  Kainat’s mother is aware that her young daughter, is likely to be influenced in her decision making, by the likes of Rubina who has her own axe to grind. We find how the possessive mother in Zainab  issues warnings to Rubina, that if she coaxes her daughter Kainat ,than  Zainab too being Kainat’s mother, will order her daughter to speak against the liaison of Zaroon and Sultanat. This then appears to be Zainab’s tit for tat strike action against Rubina , pressurizing Sultanat  under holy oath into accepting Zaroon’sproposal before. Zainab , reckons this threat to Rubina is enough to keep her wily ways away from her daughter.

The episode is powerful in itself that Kainat, a mere girl is left in charge to give her verdict. Zaroon and Sultanat’s mothers fail to see that Kainat actually too  suffers humiliation. Or is it that per her mother’s instructions, Kainat refrains from traipsing  around the house  with a long face. She puts on a façade of normalcy, which Ghazala  and Rubina are  quite indifferent to.

In someways, people feel  that Kainat is a soft target  to aim for, as far as swaying her judgement is concerned.  Even Sultanat  too herself offers to give her free advice  and suggestions, to bail Kainat out of the difficult decision she is made to under take. Kainat  becomes the butt of her relatives eyes. Much doubt and speculation is raised about her impartial  decision making skills. Kainat herself  goes through the litmus test. Not only has she to prove to others, but to herself too, that she can give an unbiased, not a partisan decision. Her mother Zainab is right in saying that the time now has arrived, to see if she planted a rich harvest of good values in her daughter Kainat.  It’s hard for her to take a partisan decision. She did dream of a man like Zaroon. She never even imagined that her alliance with the visitor from abroad  would end up this way.

The episode is about Kainat surrounded by family members There’s Humza who has vested interests in marrying Kainat. How like the devil himself ,he tries to put her on edge, by warning her that Saltanat and Zaroon will marry ,regardless of what judgement she metes out  to them.

Then  there are those  who have their own ulterior  agendas .Where minds that think alike, with common purpose actually  meet together. Rubina and Zaroon’s mother Ghazala,  whip up a small mutiny against Kainat’s. Sly, secretive  negotiations take place, where the wives also try to influence, their husbands Nadeem and Mamoon  also in their scheming. Real storm in a teacup. Ghazala also defiantly assures , Rubina, Zaroon will surely get married to Sultanat , if not in India than be it so, in Canada! Pity is these opiniated women , have drawn up their own conclusions against Kainat’s, still withheld judgement.  

But even the pure at heart, need restoration of the injured spirit to remain impartial. What could be more wounding than seeing, the man chosen for her, vow his Sufiyana love to Sultanat  before Kainat. For Zaroon, though, its like playing ice hockey, he plays to win! Sultanat  for him at this moment in time, is his trophy he  has to win! This is his Sufiyana love. To lose Sultanat in this current game of awaiting upon a confirmation   for his marriage to Sultanat .. is like end of living for him. His game rule is that he his played his bit , now its Sultanat’s turn to move, by showing her agreement in marrying him.

Sultanat, actually shows him reason, when she suggests he’d best slow down, and wait upon the verdict that Kainat is likely to come out with. The man lives life  in the fast lane. He wants fast track sorting of issues.  So really, Zaroon believes in winning his Sufiyana love.He is unaware, true love continues to live on, even when the lovers love is unfulfilled..

Can Kainat’s love then be seen , as, unrequited, quite unfulfilled? Will it live on? or will she give up? For the moment, despite what her mother says, she does nurture  a hurt most painful. What with seeing Zaroon wooing Sultanat day in and day out! Right before her very eyes. The only healing that comes for Kainat is before and from god…holy spiritual balm, that  provides her temporary relief. It is the very god whose very entity is Love itself. The very god that Sultanat ,too prays before when she asks to chose  the side of  truth, in a time of an emotional tempest. that  all three;  Kainat, Sultanat, and Zaroon are  going through!

On earth , though, within her household, Kainat seeks conference with her mother Zainab. It’s a soothing scene, the mother feeds the playful, hungry pure white doves. She knows her daughter, seeks food of her thoughts. But Zainab refrains to spoon feed her daughter. As  the time now has come,  for her daughter‘s solo flight..  time to  differentiate  for herself, between right from wrong. Venture forth, fly and determine her own direction… Zainab  actually empowers her daughter, shows  faith in whatever decision Kainat takes.Whether it’s her heart or her mind that will influence her decision? Zainab ,  believes it will be unadulterated , pure and right, for all parties concerned.

But broken hearted Kainat stands , as flapping doves land on her hand..  that was meant to be held by Zaroon…sadly she recalls how Zaroon’s hand reached out for Sultanat’s  in the train. Kainat continues to water, the flowers like her dreams. This moment in life is a test for her indeed. Will she continue to water her dreams? and still be able to give a fair ruling for those who hurt her?

Another poignant scene is between Mainjaan , and his favourite grand-daughter. Even the mighty make mistakes. Holy men too, fall short of perfection. We learn the reason Kainat was chosen to give her permission for  Zaroon to marry Sultanat.. basically it was to wash away the sin Mainjaan committed in setting up  Kainat’s marriage with Zaroon. Which the obedient girl, accepted, as a bid taken by her elders.

Mainjaan, now feels, the girl’s faith in the elders decision brought her heart ache and rejection. What the much aggrieved Mainjaan, failed to do was to keep in mind that best of circumstances , plans  can be subjected to change , so  do people and their stances and words.  He assumed everything was set in stone .Zaroon ‘s decision was a rude awakening for Mainjaan. He belonged to an era where yes meant yes and no meant no. Here within his family some how due to erroneous judgement, Mainjaan lost his clout.Does he some where want Kainat to pull the rug from under Zaroon ‘s feet? Or does Mainjaan have enough faith in Kainat ,that the girl is  pure, without malice, to take  an unbiased decision. In fact Mainjaan too  wants to see the results of how he has  spiritually educated  Kainat . Will she rise up  like the phoenix  from the ashes, and surprise every one? or will she seek revenge from the man who gave her tears and broke her heart?

Well the family gathers and awaits upon Kainat’sdecision. Its interesting she gives credence to Zaroon’s choice of spending the rest of his life with Sultanat . All expect a no from her, instead she shocks all, by pleading Zaroon ‘s case before Mainjaan of choosing Sultanat as his life partner. So  it’s not her approval she puts credence upon ,but a yes from the head of the family. 

Mainjaan and Zainab  swell with pride. Kainat swam through the lake of fire.  She acted in accordance with what her mother taught her, to prove others wrong in a manner, where they become ashamed of their own petty thoughts. I would say Kainat  was already aware of the animosity  certain camps harboured  towards her, yet by her decision she  stumped them all.  Do I dare to say. that she rose in the eyes of those who speculated she would go against the Zaroon Sultanat marriage..

In fact Kainat actually enjoys giving Sultanat the leeway that Zaroon is all hers..however  till the marriage takes place,who Zaroon belongs too? remains to be seen, as the matter still rests upon god's judgement.

I found it interesting to hear Sultanat say to the flower vendor outside the dargah. Ghazi’s children do not take any thing for free. They give people their rightful due. Now  will Sultanat accept Zaroon  as a freebie  hand out, given to her by her cousin sister Kainat??

Fine episode, the best I have seen so far, and  I dare say, even in Kainat’s unexpected noble decision. I hear thunder rumbling in the distance.. pardon me dear readers, for going on.. cannot get enough of this  pacy, engaging saga, the cast is spot on in the characters they play!.. Hamlet53, 1,5.19

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Madhura.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Fantastic review and description! Even I loved the episode, turmoil Kainat went through was amazingly highlighted, and she took the decision.

Have nothing more to add, cos you described everything so well. It's a pleasure to read your posts, Hamlet.

-Madhura

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Madhura..

Fantastic review and description! Even I loved the episode, turmoil Kainat went through was amazingly highlighted, and she took the decision.

Have nothing more to add, cos you described everything so well. It's a pleasure to read your posts, Hamlet.

-Madhura

Hello Madhura, smiley face! heaven alone knows when  IF emoticons will return.. in short  food to see you went through my  thoughts.  Well  from behind her specs.. the girl, has a good heart,, now what to do if she's lost it  to a Toronto ice hockey player! Shall we say, the lad knows his moves,how to wheedle, in and out of  though competition, till he reaches the goal Mind you Madhura,, why do I feel, the same can be said about Kainat  too..  there is more to her than meets the eye... 

thanks for supporting my work, mate,  and yes lets check out  what the May day episode holds for us! sit back and enjoy the show! shall we!  love hammie

BIaddict thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I guess this whole decision making gives us insight into who Kayanat  is. Her strength of character shines through, her reasoning is very realistic. Forced relationships cannot last. She is not a meek, submissive doll who follows her miajan and mother’s decisions. She is a strong woman who can put her jazbaat under control and make a decision from dheemakh, a decision that takes into account her family, her elders and the 2 people who love each other. 

We do see 2 school of thoughts in this show, a camp that is very modern in their thoughts who believes in their (or their offsprings) happiness above family, and a camp that has very traditional views which gives more importance to family at the cost of their own happiness. I find Saltanat slightly in the middle, she is torn between her feelings for Zaroon and her sisters feelings but the rest of the folks (Saroon and the 2 set of parents) don’t give any damn about Kayanat or her mom’s feelings. And they are willing to go against family if the decision is not in their favor.

I just hope they do not turn kayanat negative, that will be such a letdown. I do not want either Saltanat or Kayanat -ve 

Hamlet53 thumbnail

@ Balddict… will be back to annotate your comment.. just stopping for late lunch... 3,30pm UK.. 

emoticons are back 😃… from hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BIaddict

I guess this whole decision making gives us insight into who Kayanat  is. Her strength of character shines through, her reasoning is very realistic. Forced relationships cannot last. She is not a meek, submissive doll who follows her miajan and mother’s decisions. She is a strong woman who can put her jazbaat under control and make a decision from dheemakh, a decision that takes into account her family, her elders and the 2 people who love each other. 

We do see 2 school of thoughts in this show, a camp that is very modern in their thoughts who believes in their (or their offsprings) happiness above family, and a camp that has very traditional views which gives more importance to family at the cost of their own happiness. I find Saltanat slightly in the middle, she is torn between her feelings for Zaroon and her sisters feelings but the rest of the folks (Saroon and the 2 set of parents) don’t give any damn about Kayanat or her mom’s feelings. And they are willing to go against family if the decision is not in their favor.

I just hope they do not turn kayanat negative, that will be such a letdown. I do not want either Saltanat or Kayanat -ve 

Helloo Balddict.. me back and read your interesting  feed back.. you are so right to point out the two schools of thoughts..  sort of more the lines of progressive.. going over the top and traditionalists, proud of their roots, values and custom.. I believe, presenting a balanced take, picking out the best of both schools is the challenge for the cv's.. clearly  the likes of Mamoon Ghazala and Rubina  are seen to be unscrupulous in how they go about wielding   circumstances to go in their favour. Yes, I too, hope Kainat  is shown to be a young woman of substance.. rather than some bitter, twisted girl, denied much  joy in life.. the following episode, too has further more shown the bond between, these two girls Kainat and Sultanat .. thanks for  thoughts,  gives another insight to the show.. love hammie