Open letter to the creatives and writers of KZK

Posted: 4 years ago
Dear writers and creatives of KZK, 
I want to start this letter by saying thank you. You have given us a great couple in Anurag and Prerna, they look great together, they've made up laugh, they've made us cry, and they've made our heart soar high. However, there is little that I love about KZK besides the surface level. 
A good story doesn't have anything to do with the plot. It has to do with how each character navigates the story you're giving them. If a character is sacrificing herself for her family, make sure she is actually making sense, using her logic, instead of basically committing social suicide. If a woman is fighting for her husband, make sure that that's not her identity. A woman having nothing else going on in her life except her unconditional love for her husband is weak writing. Prerna is talented, she's smart, she's intuitive, but we have rarely seen this so we shy away from having high expectations from her. It's sad. I can't relate to Prerna at all. I understand that we don't always have to relate to each character, however, with Prerna, I beg to differ. We were given a fun, hopeless romantic college girl, someone who is really close to her parents, and could stand her ground. You took that girl and butchered her so bad that now she's a "married" pregnant woman, that is publicly fighting for a man who has done nothing but constantly hurt her, insult her, and reject her every chance he gets. And the explanation we get from that man makes literally 0 sense. Especially, when the same man has fought to death for Prerna in the past. 
Anurag is weak, passive, mean, and an asshole. Make it make sense to me how he could fight Naveen to literal death but is scared of Komolika. How does that make sense at all? I don't want to go in depth with him because he doesn't deserve it. At all. 
I don't watch the show, I read the updates and keep getting disappointed, episode after episode. The writers of this show do not understand their audience. They don't know what we want from a female lead, they don't understand that conflicts do not necessarily mean that the lead couple has to be separated. There are issues in people's live that has nothing to do with the romantic aspect of their life. I am exhausted. I don't even have any hope. 
Hope ph reads it...
To make vamp/ villains fit in story, our leads characters r damaged to great extent ... 

can never forgive ekta, komo for this
Best post ! Hopefully EK reads this. Can someone tweet this thread to her !
Guys trust me.. as quick as you get over it you will be ok otherwise it will take ages to be normal. Now I dont even watch and read updates. I just share my emotions on comment. Its hurt but in a way has helped me to calm. I feel you need to do the same aswell otherwise its going to be painful. I have been there before and its took me 8 9 month to get over in past aswell. So just forget it.. dont watch...
but why separate  #anupre?  what's their fault?
watching this show for them.  Stop giving so much importance to the character who has been killing people. ðŸ˜¡

This isn't even a story ..do the creatives even need to be paid? whoever is still watching this show is only for the cuteness of Parica ..to get those feels ..and CVs just throw in those eye candy scenes every now and then ..and then there is this new guy now to throw in some jealous Anurag ..(which btw is adorable!) but then the story is utter CRAP ..no words so write how bad and shoddy the writing is ..

prerna - W*F is she thinking going back to that hellhouse! ..damn it girl ..you have a baby inside of you - and you have NO money to bring it up ..what is she thinking?? ..why can't she be shown to at least find a job ..it would have made sense if she knew this vikrant from a job she was holding! ..why is her only mission in life to avenge Anurag and komo ..to hell with them - she got cheated - the guy is not worth it even if he is faking it ..just leave them be and move on!! ..

and Anurag ..damn don't get me started on his characterization ..after seeing Prerna being so brave ..that guy is still so spineless and bowing to komolika and sucking up to her ..W*F is wrong with him!! ..can he also not find a good job and take care of his family financially?! ..really disgusting change in the characterizations of anu-pre .. they really want us to stop shipping them I think!

and imagine at the end of all this ..we still keep up and watch every so often only because of Parica ..how nice it would be if they had a solid story to go with!
Well said
Agree about Anurag's inconsistency 
Not the first time the lead couple - characters with good chemistry have been butchered beyond belief all in the name of storytelling.

There are plenty of real life "Kasauti (tests) that come into a couple's life. Granted ppl watch TV to escape their reality, to spend a little time in the world of make believe. A well written good script could shed light in an entertaining way if CVs invested in it rather than recycle old plots with new faces for commercial reasons.

The make believe plots in Dailyserials do have a subconscious impact on the viewer long term for one who is invested in the characters and plots and that causes distress and anxiety for many viewers. With the prolonged years of shows glorifying villainous characters the emotional response of the viewer to "evil and "meanness brings out distressing responses. Sad but true! 

Truth be told, Producers care about their wallets not the viewers. To them it's all about business. 

Edited by MERARAI - 4 years ago
Originally posted by MERARAI

Not the first time the lead couple - characters with good chemistry have been butchered beyond belief all in the name of storytelling.

There are plenty of real life "Kasauti (tests) that come into a couple's life. Granted ppl watch TV to escape their reality, to spend a little time in the world of make believe. A well written good script could shed light in an entertaining way if CVs invested in it rather than recycle old plots with new faces for commercial reasons.

The make believe plots in Dailyserials do have a subconscious impact on the viewer long term for one who is invested in the characters and plots and that causes distress and anxiety for many viewers. With the prolonged years of shows glorifying villainous characters the emotional response of the viewer to "evil and "meanness brings out distressing responses. Sad but true! 

Truth be told, Producers care about their wallets not the viewers. To them it's all about business. 

This is not the first time, this happens everytime with ekta kapoor's serials. s ee nagin 3, kundali bhagya,kumkum bhagya..yhm..fans of which series are happy? We have to deal with it frankly..there must be something that keeps the viewers hooked . And thing is, waiting for something good to happen . N it happens ..whatever we want to see between the leads but the fact is, the cycle of negativity keeps repeating . The only story she has in all her serials is how the leads deal with the villains and vamps. Expecting anything else is a waste..one vamp goes another will come . And to prolong the tracks , leads start acting dumb. Then they act . Then they defeat the vamp. And a new track comes which is a repeat cycle. 

Originally posted by memad

Hope ph reads it...To make vamp/ villains fit in story, our leads characters r damaged to great extent ...can never forgive ekta, komo for this
I was okay with Kom in the beginning but damn I'm going crazy with whatever is happening these days