Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ilakkia.S thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Hi dear. Just now finished reading it again from the start. Caught up with much needed flow. I would not get tired to read those again. You know I was in college when I started reading this. As I was reading the story from start, I remembered that night when I started reading the story. It was during my study holidays for exam in final year. I was very bored of reading the subject. I have already read your ff checkmate. Then I came across this ff while just scrolling in IF. Once I started reading I couldn't leave it in mid way. Even though I had an exam next day I finished reading this ff first. I would be crazy to do so😉. Thank God I passed the exams. I am so much hooked to this story. Thank you once again for resuming this? I would laugh like an idiot when ever I read this story. Lot happened here still lot are waiting to happen. Eager to read more !! I love the whole clan . next chapter is gonna be racy one too. I have guessed about Kushi's Mother before. Waiting for revelation which is not so near. I wonder what Sheetal is playing at?

shils28 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Oh My God!! I was missing the updates. How could I?? 😒😒 Super duper awesome parts!! ❤️❤️

And dhamakedaar sneak peak!! 🤩🤩

cuppycake11 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Awesome loved the sneak peak! Excited â¤ď¸

abavi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

From the author's desk: Hello peeps, I am back with another chapter. I receive many PMs asking me where I have posted this story. I have not posted it anywhere else. I had written until Chapter 12 but unfortunately I lost it in transit where I had posted in years back. Now, I am writing it again and you have to wait until I post it, Sorry about that. 

Do let me know how you liked this part, Happy reading!

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 12: The Clash of Titans

Part 1: Calm before the storm

“Let me carry this for you” NK said taking the back pack from La

“Nandy! You are not upset with me?”

“La, I am very upset” NK replied to La, with a poker face. He was rubbing his face where she had hit him

“I am sorry!”

“What is that of any use to me?” NK asked her “You better make it up for your behavior…later in the night, you know what I mean Ms Kashyap?” he winked at her

“Oh I exactly know what you mean Mr. Raizada?” 

“And you will be dead Mr. Raizada if Dadi gets the whiff of your scandalous plans” 

The couple turned back to notice that Anjali was close behind them. She gestured slicing her neck with her hand to emphasize her comment.

“Stop sneaking on us Anjali, it is bad manners”

“Dadey?”

“La, Dadi is grandmom in hindi” he told her in urgent whisper 

“That’s Nanny right?”

“Dad’s mom is Dadi, Mom’s mom is Nani” NK explained her. 

“You don’t know Hindi? I thought your name sounds Indian”

“My family has been in Melbourne for three generations. My hindi knowledge is next to zero. NK teaches me Hindi. Now I can manage a little” 

“Oh!” Anjali nodded “I didn’t know NK was doing part time as Hindi pandit in Australia”

NK aimed a kick at Anjali which she escaped effortlessly

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you my bhai” Anjali told him “Dadi’s room is just around this corner and she particularly enjoys to deliver sanskari lessons”

â€œWhy are you following us now?” he asked her in annoyance.

“Thanks for the love NK, I love you too” Anjali said sarcastically. 

He rolled his eyes. 

As they reached the second floor landing, NK paused a bit before Anjali’s room. 

“Good night Anjali, See you tomorrow”

“that’s not going to work my bhai. You cannot get rid of me so easily”

She followed him and La further to the guest room. 

NK showed La the bedroom next to his and Anjali’s rooms. Leaving La to change and refresh, NK took Anjali outside the room.

Just before entering the house again, Khushi found an iPhone lying down on the floor. Figuring out it should be one of the inmates who must have missed it, she picked it up deciding to check with the others. 

Arnav was only a few paces away.  

“Is this yours?” She asked him 

He was still recouping from how she irked him outside near the pool that didn’t answer her but picked up a bottle of water from the table. As if he hadn’t heard her, he opened the cap in a relaxed pace and sipped the water. 

Giving him a benefit of doubt that he might have not heard it, she asked again. 

“suna apne? I asked is this yours” 

He looked at her and gave her negligent look and again started to sip water. 

Knowing too well about his tactics to keep her waiting, she grabbed the water bottle from his hands. 

“Speak to me when I am asking you a question” she said splashing down some down his shirt as she grabbed it by force from him. 

He was glaring at her in anger at her preposterous behavior. 

“sshhh… sssorrry!” she said half smiling “I was only asking…”

He didn’t let her finish it, grabbing the bottle back from her hands, he emptied it on her head and walked away. 

She stood there with her eyed bugged out, her jaws wide open and dripping wet. 

“How dare you?” she bellowed, chasing after him 

“Why do you follow us like a puppy” NK asked Anjali

“You are so mean!” Anjali pouted. “I am so excited for you and you are chasing me away. This is why Arnav and Akaash are my favorites” she turned and started to walk away. 

“Hey… Ok…Ok… come back here… Just give her some breathing space ok? She is new to all these and it may overwhelm her”

“Aaaw…” Anjali drawled clutching and pulling NK’s cheeks “That’s so cute… My bhai has finally grown up so much, He has turned into an over protective boyfriend, I am so proud!” 

“Anjali it’s hurting, leave my cheeks”

“Tell me bhai” she asked letting him go “How are you going to present her to Dadi tomorrow?”

“Nandy” La called out peeping from the room. “My phone is missing”

“Where did you leave it?”

“Was it there with you when you reached here?”

“I had it with me. Oh I think I should have dropped it by the pool side.” 

“Wait, I will go check” Anjali offered to go and see. 

“I will try calling your number” NK said flipping out his phone 

Half way up the stairs Khushi caught up with Arnav

“I demand an apology” She told him

“Excuse me?” he asked irritably

“Khushi!” Dadi’s voice bellowed nearby. 

Khushi stiffened instantly. Arnav frowned at the direction of the voice. 

“What were you doing down there?” she asked. How dare this girl is running around Arnav like that?

Khushi rolled her eyes before she turned around. 

Mami, Nani and Dadi were sitting on the couch by the fish tanks. 

“Why are you wet Khushi?” Nani asked her

“I…I fell into the pool” she invented wildly 

“Pool? You don’t seem that wet” Mami told her

Dadi looked at Arnav’s wet shirt as well and then made a face, crunching her brows. 

Dadi stood up slowly. 

“Why was she asking you for an apology” she asked Arnav

Before he could answer, the phone in Khushi’s hand vibrated and then started to ring. Dadi’s eyes grew wide as Khushi looked down to see what made her so shocked. 

Cursing her luck, she quickly suppressed the call. 

“Is that phone yours?” Dadi asked taking the silently blaring phone from her hands. 

“No it is mine” Arnav who came from behind Khushi offered, moving to take the phone from Dadi.  

“Yours?”

“Yes. I left it by the pool. Khushi was fetching it for me”

“But why is NK’s pic in yours?”

“That’s a DP dadi. He must have called me, his pic gets displayed when he calls” Arnav said impatiently, trying to take the phone from her hands. 

The phone started to ring again

“It’s weird you chose to have this pic of NK as your DP” Dadi said showing Arnav the display. Arnav groaned appalling at his luck

A shirtless NK was kissing the air as Justin Bieber blared aloud again “Let me love you”

“Must be Anjali’s work” Arnav tried to brush it away “it looks like her idea of playing a prank with my phone, setting that DP and ring tone”

“Whaa…” Anjali who chose exactly that time to come down searching for La’s phone tried to sprint back upstairs taking a look at the convoy interrogating Arnav and Khushi, was stopped short by a sharp call. 

“Anjali!” Dadi bellowed “come back here”

Arnav cursed under his breath. Things cannot get more complicated. 

As if to prove his theory wrong, NK, walked down with La in full glory exclaiming 

“It’s somewhere near her La, I can hear it ring”

Anjali suppressed the giggle bubbling up her throat looking at the scandalous looks from Dadi, Nani and Mami

“Who is this?” Mami asked gapping wide at La, taking in her sleeveless top and shorts, her numerous tattoos covering her skin on her arms, her eyebrow piercing and her bubblegum pink dyed hair tips. 

La exclaimed looking at the phone at Dadi’s hands. 

“Oh that’s my phone, I will take it, thank you” La said casually coming forward taking the phone from Dadi’s hand. 

“yours?” Dadi supposed once she found her voice. 

Noticing that NK has suddenly become speechless and immobile like a statue, Arnav stepped in to introduce the girl.

â€œDadi, Nani, Lavanya is from Australia” Arnav told the family glowering at NK for not standing by the girl at this moment.

“How many will you bring home Arnav babua?” Mami asked in an exasperated tone.  “Soon we will lose count if they arrive here right left and center”

“La is NK’s guest” he said irately. 

Until that moment, elders have clearly thought the obvious person to have brought another girl home should have been Arnav. 

Dadi who was looking only annoyed until that time, now was looking ridiculously stunned and shaken

“ooooh” Mami asked surprised. “When did he grow up?”

“Nandakishore? Your guest?” 

“Dadi, actually, she is my girlfriend” NK said at last, garnering some nerve finally 

Dadi looked so shocked and speechless. 

“pch, Dadi got a heartbreak.” Anjali whispered next to Khushi and Arnav. “she just realized ki, unke patidev ka roop nahi hain woh! All those karoke’s…sub jute hain. Ab kya hoga unke halath ko? Dekhdejiye break ke baad!” 

While Arnav was used to Anjali’s wit in situations like this, Khushi was completely taken by surprise. Letting out a yelp of laughter that she managed to pass of as a bout of cough.

â€œWhen did she come?” Mami asked in a hoarse voice. 

“An hour back” NK replied 

“Why didn’t you tell us anything about this?”

“eh… I forgot to mention it“

“Forgot?” Dadi found her voice again

Akaash and Payal who had been taking a stroll outside in the garden, chose that time to make an entry chatting and laughing loudly at some joke that they were sharing. 

As they climbed, they only saw Khushi, Arnav and NK standing by the stairs 

“Hey Anji, where is NK and La? Locked up in the room or what?” Payal called out from below

“Payal Shhh” Anjali warned. 

The reason for the looks of the three looking down at them revealed a little later as they reached the first floor landing

“Oh sh*t” Payal gasped as she took in the family gathering at this late hour

“Seems you have only forgotten to tell the elders about it. The others know it well” Mami observed. 

The two assumed a sober demeanor immediately. 

“Join the party” Anjali whispered to Payal

“Why didn’t you let me know before?” Payal whispered back

“Shhhh” Akaash shushed the girls. 

“So is she going to stay here?” Mami asked

“yeah, she is” NK mumbled. 

“Decided already have you?” Dadi asked him. 

“Is something wrong?” La asked them not understanding the Hindi that went between the family. 

“No nothing is wrong, Listen why don’t you go to the room? I will come in a bit’ NK said hastily and turned to Anjali “Anjali, take her upstairs please”

Anjali stared at him indignantly 

“Why always me?” but nevertheless she went with La. 

Once both the girls went up, NK sighed before he looked at Arnav. His brother smiled at him encouragingly. 

“Dadi” Nk started to say. 

Dadi put up her hands indicating him not to speak further

“So much has happened already. One elopes to get married, the other brings home a foreign girl. I don’t know what more should I see.”

“Subadra” Nani who was silent all this while spoke up “calm down”

“Where did I go wrong in raising these boys?” Dadi asked Nani

“You did not go wrong anywhere.” Nani corrected her “The boys didn’t cheat any girl. They merely brought home the girls that they like to spend their lives with. What is wrong in that?”

“Wrong? Devyani, everything is!” Dadi’s voice thundered at her friend “All my lessons on discipline has gone down the drain. They are no more the children I raised”

“They are not children anymore. They are grown individuals who are taking decisions for their life like should be doing.” Nani calmly explained her friend “We are outdated Subradha. Children today are so fast. Let them be. Even if we are not able to catch up to their speed, let’s not stop them”

Dadi perspective in this was still not in agreement with what Nani thought. She hastily turned around and walked towards her room.

An awkward silence followed Dadi’s leaving. 

“Nani” NK called out. 

“you must all be tired. Take rest, we will speak in the morning.” Nani said dismissing all of them and preparing to retire to her room. Mami too followed suite. 

“Nani” Nk called out again

“Good night NK” She said without turning back.

“phew! That was dramatic” Payal said grinning. “Not bad NK, at least you got them to say La can stay. They sent me back home”

“Nk always has a lee way. That bugger” Akaash commented slapping his brother on his back. 

“Smile NK. They will come around” Khushi told him kindly. 

“What happened to you? Are you wet?” Payal asked noticing that Khushi’s hair looked wet and so was a front portion of her dress”

“I… eh.. I got drenched”

“How?”

“hmm...shower”

“Shower? Along with your dress?” 

“You are also wet bhai” Akaash asked. 

Payal looked at both Arnav and Khushi and smirked at them “Shower did you say? What were you both up to?”

“Oh...no no he wasn’t with me in the shower”

Payal raised her eyebrows “I see”

“I mean, I didn’t mean that way, I mean, Mine was an accident, the throttle was set to Shower and I opened it accidentally… You get what I mean right?”

Payal didn’t answer, she nodded, giving a knowing smile at both of them “Yeah!”

Akaash was baffled as he kept looking at them. But NK was still lost.

Arnav who was looking at Khushi’s attempt at the lie only shook his head, shrugged and then patted NK on his back. 

“NK, get some sleep. Everything will turn out for better.” Arnav said and then added “Good night guys!”

“Very good night Arnav” Payal said nodding at him still smiling

“Good night bhai” Akaash replied. 

“If they don’t come around?” NK asked suddenly looking around. 

“you should join our club, the outcasts of RM” Payal said teasingly as she climbed the stairs, Akaash dragging along an upset NK. “Our club is growing Akaash. All hail the founder, Khushi”

Khushi bent into a bow, as if to accept the praise as she smiled back watching them go. Her room was on the same floor on the other side. She was about to leave when she realized that not all had dispersed. 

Someone with an intense pair of eyes was still there and at the moment, those pair of eyes were directed at her. She turned to look at him expecting him to be smirking at her or to challenge her for some reason or the other. 

But when she looked at him, she didn’t see anything playful that she had expected to see. Those chocolate orbs were taking her in with all the intensity that he could manage to muster. 

Faltering a bit but trying to sound more composed than she was at that moment, she tried to get some words out of her mouth without sounding squeaky. 

“What?”

“So creative!”

“I don’t understand”

“Shower?”

“Yeah… what else can I say? Did you want me to tell the truth? Actually I think I should have…But it would have only got us both into trouble. Awkward questions…”

He started to walk towards her, that slow menacing walk instantly put her prattle to stop.

She could feel her heart beating super fast against her chest. She gulped uneasily. She wasn’t normally the one who got intimidated, but this once, she stepped back, the way he was looking at her now was so different. It sent a chill down her spine, and she shivered slightly, it didn’t have anything to do with her being wet. 

“You should have Khushi” his decibel was hardly a whisper. The huskiness in his voice made her tremble “Now, you have now put ideas into their heads”

Khushi gasped as he closed in on her without any reservations, his demeanor, unabashed and brazen.

He was so close to her and she had no more space to step back. She didn’t even realize she was holding her breath. 

He brought his hands closer to her face, took out a lock of hair that fell across the face tugging it behind her ear. 

“It is not a bad idea though” he smirked as he stepped back slowly 

“Good night Khushi” he said again in his husky voice and then he was gone.

Khushi stood there, breathless and not making a move, at least until a couple of minutes after Arnav left. 

“What was that” she mumbled “Arnav Singh Raizada knows to flirt also? And what did he say last? what idea wa he speaking about? Devimaiyya don’t give me heartaches like this.” she kept talking to herself as she went to her room. Sleep was going to be elusive that night. 

The next day was Payal’s Mukh dikayi. Later in the evening a grand reception was arranged. 

The inmates of Raizada Mansion were on full swing with the festivities. Payal was decked up beautifully as ladies in the neighbourhood and relative circle kept dropping by showering gifts on her. 

Khushi spent her time with the younger Raizada siblings, and La making fun of each other and overlooking the reception party arrangements for the evening. 

Arnav was nowhere to be found during the morning. She contemplated if she should ask Akaash, but decided against it, after last evening she wasn’t going to herself give them a chance to bring up the topic and become the next target for leg pulling. 

“It’s a clear case of Debauchery and pilfering” Abhi said to Arnav seated across the table at the police station. “Someone is planning it.”

“The evidence points to Roy” Arnav said. 

“Roy is definitely involved but he is not the master mind Arnav, By the looks of it- he is being used. He does not have a strong motive. Money is his goal, he could have got it anyway- he need not strive so hard to cheat you and take it. I am sure there is someone else involved.” Abhi explained him and then continued further. 

“Your Dad’s was a clever move I should say. He knew he had a weakness and he knew that people around him were not trust worthy. He decided to transfer the property to Shashi, knowing well it will not be a valid transfer because it was ancestral and it needs all of your consent, but will definitely create hassles for the people who was trying to pilfer the property from him”

“Shashi uncle must have known something more. I wish I trusted him enough. Did you get a break on that mysterious number who claimed to be Shashi and called my office?”

“Yes, No surprises there. One number from Roy’s calls list- it matches with the number we got from your office call records- the person who called and spoke to you as Shashi”

“You got him?”

“He belongs to Lakshmi nagar- Sameer. Know any one by that name? What might be his motive?”

“Khushi might know him- But I am clueless about the motive. ”

“You know? I have been telling you this for so long, you should let us speak to her about the case at least once. I should have done it long back- she might be able to throw light on some parts of it which is still a mystery.”

“Keep her out of this Abhi. She does not know anything”

“I know she might not, but there could be something that can give us hint. She doesn’t even have to come to the station- I will come home. I will have a chat just like a casual conversation”

“It’s not about that. She is still grieving her father’s loss. She is very attached to Shashi uncle. I don’t want to make her go through it again”

“Getting over protective are we now?” Abhi smiled at his friend 

Arnav rolled his eyes. Abhi has been teasing him with Khushi from the day he met her at Akaash and Payal’s wedding. 

“We are just friends”

“Acha, good friends eh?” he asked 

Arnav shrugged

“Very good friends hmm?”

“Abhi, there is nothing okay?” Arnav said “In fact she has been asking me for your number. Shall I give?”

“Oho! So that’s why you are not bringing her in here? 

“Whats wrong with you- you connect two completely different things!”

“Abey! Jealousy is not good for health”

“Oh shut up” 

Abhi laughed out loud 

“So how is Sheetal?”

“She is good”

“She is also here right?”

“Nope, she is in Bangalore right now- some urgent official trip. She will be back tomorrow”

“Amazing capabilities man! Pattafying two girls at the same time- And look at me running after case files and thieves and scoundrels”

Arnav rolled his eyes at his friend. 

“You are worse than Anjali, you know?”

Abhi laughed “Ok, Lunch? There is a good outlet nearby”

“No, I have to get back home. Akaash’s some ritual”

“Alright, see you soon then”

The men shook hands before Arnav started home. 

The gang sat in one corner of the big hall, packing return gifts in the afternoon when she finally saw him walking towards them all along with Nani. 

Nani was carrying a Jewelry box.

“Payal, I have got something you to give you” she said sitting beside her

“Yeah Naniji”

“This belongs to Akaash’s mother. She said opening the jewelry box. Dadi shall be passing on the other jewels to you and the other bahus when the time is right. But this – this was her daily wear. She left these with me- specifically for her bahus- Now that the first one has arrived. It’s time to hand it over to you”

Inside was a pair of beautiful Jhumkas, an exquisite ring and a pair of bangles.

“These are for you” Nani said passing on the pair of bangles to Payal. “they are old fashioned”

“They are beautiful Nani” Payal hugged Nani “Thanks so much”

“Mine is the Jhumkas” Anjali said “I love them, Oh I can’t wait to get married… Look at this - it’s beautiful Nani”

“And this is for NK’s wife” Nani said holding the ring. NK caught La’s eyes and smiled at her

â€œAnd for Arnav’s wife?” Anjali asked 

“The mangalsutra” Nani said “She wanted the eldest bahu to have it. She said searching for it in the box. “But where is it? It is missing”

“It should be there somewhere inside the locker Nani” Arnav told complacently

“No Arnav” Nani said worried “I don’t take this out”

“Anjali keeps checking it for her Jhumkas every once in a while” he said “she must have thrown it somewhere in the locker”

“Yeah” NK agreed with Arnav “She is always after it for every other wedding. But Nani won’t give her until she is getting married”

“Nani- one of these two should have flicked it and they are blaming me” Anjali said

“Ok listen Akaash and Payal – this is for you both from all of us” Arnav said passing a cover to the couple. 

“What is this?” Payal exclaimed pulling out the tickets out of the cover and then let out a squeal “two tickets to Mauritius and back and the honey moon package… Oh man! Thank you so much!” She said hugging Arnav “this is amazing!... How did you know I wanted to go there”?

“I weaseled the information out of Akaash as usual” Anjali said “now show me some love” 

Payal laughed as she pulled Anjali into a bone crushing hug

“Aww, baby, thanks so much”

“And what am I? adopted?” NK asked earning a bear hug as well from her. 

“And for me? You will go alone there?” Akaash asked

“Shameless fellow- no hugs for you in public” Anjali teased her brother

“She doesn’t love you Akaash” NK said 

“By the way, you may be adopted you know” Anjali said as an afterthought to NK “We are all named starting with A… You alone got to be named Nandakishore”

NK glared at her. 

“Really? Is this your foster family?” La asked innocently- which was followed by a series rapturous laughter where the siblings deliberately kept insisting to La that NK was adopted and NK was giving every reason why he was not. 

Finally, Nani had to assure La that NK was indeed not adopted. 

Earlier in the morning, NK and La had a talk with Nani, Mama and Mami. The elders had thankfully been very understanding, making La feel loved and accepted. Dadi was still sulking. 

“Dadi is still angry” La told nani

“She will be alright, afterall NK is her favorite grandson, she cannot stay angry with him forever”

“What about me and Payal?” Akaash asked 

“Give her some time. Where will she go without talking to you?” Nani asked

“Do you really miss her sanskar speeches Akaash?” Anjali asked shaking her head. “You are obsessed with her, I tell you”

Khushi sat there munching Jelabis and watching the siblings teasing and laughing – the very bond and the chemistry that the Raizada siblings shared between them was so special. Their love felt so overpowering that it filled the others around them with warmth and love of equal measures. She even felt a little envious about not getting to grow up with so many siblings, she was the only daughter of her parents. She sent a quick prayer to Devimaiyya to keep the siblings together forever filled with love for each other for eternity. 

She was lost in thoughts when she heard his voice barely above a whisper. 

“Hi” 

She jolted before she turned back to stare at his brown ones. 

“Hi”

“Still angry?”

“on you? No, why would I be?”

“You haven’t fought with me from morning”

“That was because you weren’t here”

“Oh, that’s touching… You missed me Khushi?”

“Hello, Don’t put words into my mouth? I just said that I noticed you were not here, that doesn’t mean I missed you ok? And why do you keep smirking all the time?”

The smirk got a little notch higher

“forget it” she huffed turning around “I have better work to …” she paused mid-sentence. “Where are the others?”

“Inside” Arnav said “You didn’t notice them going inside? So engrossed Khushi”

“Stop being so obsessive about yourself. I am also going in” she said hastening inside. 

What is with him now, flirting with her like that? Banter is something that she always excelled at. This was new for her, and why was he using that husky voice on her? It always unnerved her. She got breathless, speechless and what not. 

“Khushi” she said to herself “This is his new strategy-you have to learn this art of flirting and give it back to him. The huskiness may be difficult to acquire- but still not impossible”

“Whom are you speaking to?”

It was him again

“To myself”

“yourself?” he laughed. 

“Yes, I need my genius advise for myself sometimes”

He simpered at her “You alright Khushi?”

Damn it, Again that voice! Nodding hastily, she sprinted from there. 

When Khushi came down for the reception party, the big party hall adjoining the outdoor swimming pool was decked up beautifully for the evening. 

The circular open stage was set in the middle of the length of the hall on the side opposite swimming pool, White and gold curtains alternated from the ceiling to the 5 feet golden pillars around the stage. The stage was covered with white cloth, with rose petals strewn around the place. A round table covered with red cloth stood at the center of the stage. The table was decorated with exquisite bunch of flowers and in the middle was a magnificent wedding cake. 

On the either ends of the banquet hall was a lavish spread of continental and Indian cuisines.

In the middle of the hall, a few feet in front of the stage was a magnificent chandelier suspended. The rest of the big hall was generously decorated with lights and curtains of white and gold. Huge globes of lights were hung from the ceiling throughout the hall, giving the room an ethereal beauty. Two chandeliers, smaller in size but no less magnificent than the one in the center were hung at either sides of the bigger one. The lounge adjoining the pool was also lighted up with serial lights and 2-meter-high golden pillars on top of which big bouquets of red roses and lilies were placed. 

Khushi stood admiring the place that had just been a transformed from a massive and plain old hall into a spectacular place setting the tone for the reception party for the evening as though it had been touched by some ethereal magic. 

“Beautiful” a voice near her remarked. 

She quickly turned around to smile at the person standing next to her 

“Hi Rajma. Yeah, I couldn’t recognize the place it was this morning” 

“I meant you. You are looking beautiful.” Suraj grinned at her “Saree suits you more”

Khushi smiled at him

“Thanks” she said politely before she changed the topic “You weren’t here this morning?”

“Had shooting, had to take the evening off. If I had missed this, Payal would kill me”

“By the way thanks for helping out during the wedding”

“Oh, that’s alright, I am glad I was able to help”

“So how is her parents”

“they are OK, infact they are here today”

“Seriously? Wow that’s good news”

“Yeah, I am relieved now”

Not having anything else in common to speak to him, she started to ask him about his work. 

“So, what have you been shooting today?” she asked walking with him towards the pool. 

Suraj gave her a lopsided smile

“Oh you follow the show?”

“hmm…eh...” she smiled politely not wanting to tell him that she was not even aware that he was an actor, let alone the show. Suraj took her smile to be a yes. 

“I know why you are asking, with the cliff hanger in yesterday’s episode, Today’s shooting will be a big spoiler- do you still want to know?” He asked excited to talk about the show “You know, I am not supposed to discuss the story with outsiders, But I will tell you- we did the dance sequence today… Raj and Chavvi get to dance together, Happy?”

“hmm yeah... I guess” she replied. They had reached the pool side. The lights reflection in the pool side looked so beautiful. “Lovely!“ she said softly. 

“I know, We got good number to dance to, I am not going to tell you which one.” He winked at her, thinking she was talking about the show. 

“Oh” she mumbled at Suraj, getting a little bored. She had no idea about his show and he was over enthusiastically explaining about it and once he started, he kept going on and on. 

“Ok, I assure you only this much” he laughed, taking her non committed response to being upset about not getting to know more about this dance number 

“We dance for a romantic number” he leaned towards her whispered loudly. 

“Ahem” someone cleared their throat nearby, jolting the two. 

“Hey Arnav, how are you doing?” Suraj asked shaking his hand with him

“Hi Suraj, em.. Mr.Sharma was looking for you”

“Chacha?”

Arnav nodded “He is in the hall”

“Oh ok, I will be back” he said to Khushi quickly before he left. 

Thankful of the interruption, Khushi turned to Arnav. He was impressively dressed in a designer suit, setting the bar for exquisite a notch higher.  

Not getting words out of her mouth, she looked at him unabashedly. That was, until he opened his mouth. 

“So sorry to break this starry-eyed conversation with” he paused a bit “Whatever stupid name he is called these days”

“Oh that’s alright, Infact I was…”

He didn’t let her complete her sentence

“considering that you both were deciding on which romantic dance number to dance for, I can understand how annoyed you are”

Khushi looked at him baffled 

“You are assuming a lot. You know?”

“Am I?” 

She couldn’t understand the crankiness in his tone. Last she knew, he was the one irritating her and not the other way around. He is now talking to her assuming a tone as if she had been getting on his nerves. 

“Yes. We were just talking about his show and you are…”

“Oh I get it” he said simpering “You both would make an absolutely awesome pair – Both are very dramatic and over the top and both over act- Your dance is going to be something we should watch for”

Khushi blinked at him. What is he getting at? She stopped explaining him. It was pointless. 

“Why not? Rather him than you” she said sarcastically. 

He raised his eyebrows. 

After an awkward moment which passed in silence, he said huskily

“You will dance with me this evening Khushi”

“You wish” Khushi laughed mockingly “I will never do that- not with you- atleast I wouldn’t do it willingly!”

“Lage shart?” 

“Shart?” 

“yeah. If you win, I will do whatever you say”

“and if you win?”

“The same thing applies. You will do whatever I say”

“Kuch bhi?”

“Kuch bhi.” Arnav said “So is the deal on?”

“Yes, I am so going to win this Mr. Raizada”

“Let’s see Khushi”

The two parted ways soon after, the anticipation started to build up and the evening was still young. 

To be continued. 

Whoa, that was a long chapter. Bring on the comments now. I am waiting :)

Edited by abavi - 4 years ago
Mrieshka thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Its such a beautiful story — good amalgamation of humor, romance, love,and mystery. Thank you for coming back to complete it( i hope you do this tine). I loved it when i read few years ago . 

binduk thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I am so glad that I found this story. Such a beautiful story. Have no words to describe.. l love the Arnav and Kushi of this story.. love the bold and naughty Payal.. Actually I like every characters..

Can’t wait to read the rest..

A... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 6

So happy tht you updated and I seriously love this arnav and khushi.. i bet Arnav is full on flirty mode with her without even realising tht he ‘s getting possessive. Any interaction of khushi with another potential male is irking him... loved the siblings.... tooo gud waiting for next update eagerly.

jyothirockz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Arnav is sooo jealous..., what a challange...? I would have wanted Khushi to win it if it was anything else, but this dance challenge, I really want Arnav to win it. 

Really love the unity in Raizada siblings and would be bahus and already ones. So, Arnav gave Khushi his ma’s mangalsuthra. Wonder what would happen to Dadi if she gets to know it ? 

What is the mystery behind Arnav’s dad’s Death? 

shils28 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Yayeee... Fantastic update!! ❤️❤️

Toh ye shart hai.. and Arnav will win. Let's see how!!

MDTharun thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Dadi is ok with Lavanya too , it is only Khushi who she treats like a servant 

Arnav - Khushi continues to pull each others leg . Arnav is jealous when a guy is around Khushi . Abhi seems to have guessed Arnav's attraction towards Khushi whereas Suraj is clueless .