Posted: 4 years ago
simple question - what is your definition of emotional cheating 
Having emotional intimacy with some one else other than your partner is emotional cheating.. And I know your question answer ends here but I just want to add that as of now I haven't felt Mishti is cheating emotionally..

If I have to explain as per scenes in the show: After birthday party fi asco when Mishti went to Ruhaan's room.. Ruhaan was yearning for that emotional intimacy with Mishti by being there for her reduce her pain and all but he realized he wasn't given that right.. And when Mishti came to know for the first time that Ruhaan is orphan and later in that balcony scene she was carving for that emotional intimacy with Ruhaan by just being there for him and giving him emotional support  but she restricted herself as she is aware that she is committed to Veer.. These two haven't been being intimate emotionally yet despite the fact that they can feel for each other emotions..
I feel Mishaan are carving for emotional intimacy with each other but they haven't cheated Veer yet..

Physical cheating = Being intimate with someone else than your partner
Emotional cheating = Having feelings for someone else than your partner. 
As per me, having feelings for other person than partner won't be equal to emotional cheating. First when we come to those feelings of Mishti, Mishti felt that physical attraction first which she was able to fight easily by pushing away Ruhaan .. she doesn't let herself cheat Veer by enjoying that physical intimacy with another person. Later her feelings developed at emotionally deeper level for Ruhaan even then she started to restrict herself by avoiding that emotional intimacy with Ruhaan.. this time it's hurting her.. That's why she looked helpless she is not able to shout on him like when she was fighting that physical attraction .. that is why Mishti's monologue of don't look at me like that when she told him to delete all pictures.. she is still fighting the intimacy either physical or emotional...
Physical intimacy with another person than your partner= physical cheating.

Emotional intimacy with another person than your partner= Emotional cheating.

Having just feelings of yearning for either emotional or physical intimacy from another person than your partner is not equal to cheating until you are not acting upon them is my opinion
Edited by .SSSS. - 4 years ago
Emotional cheating- it's not something which is easy to decide( not my words, Google's) some of the points that I read are: if you share some big news with someone other than your partner.
: sharing your big concerns/ worries with someone other than your partner
: showing sign of puppy love for someone else
: messaging someone else and lying about it
: having inappropriate thoughts about someone else
: making your partner placeholder
: deleting calls or texts
: putting someone else before your partner
: complaining about your partner with someone else

Even these things can differ from relationship to relationship. Every relationship has it's own criteria of emotional cheating; be it marriage or engagement, living relationship whatever.
I think is an example can be used from season 1 (sorry for the comparison). Where Kunal was maybe physically with Mauli but not really with her mentally after he found out she was pregnant. He only thought of Nandini and was in love with her despite by societal standards being with Mauli. But I wouldn't say if you have a crush on someone or dream about them that it is emotional cheating you need to have that connect with that person from their end too. 
Originally posted by .SSS.

As per me, having feelings for other person than partner won't be equal to emotional cheating. First when we come to those feelings of Mishti, Mishti felt that physical attraction first which she was able to fight easily by pushing away Ruhaan .. she doesn't let herself cheat Veer by enjoying that physical intimacy with another person. Later her feelings developed at emotionally deeper level for Ruhaan even then she started to restrict herself by avoiding that emotional intimacy with Ruhaan.. this time it's hurting her.. That's why she looked helpless she is not able to shout on him like when she was fighting that physical attraction .. that is why Mishti's monologue of don't look at me like that when she told him to delete all pictures.. she is still fighting the intimacy either physical or emotional...
Physical intimacy with another person than your partner= physical cheating.

Emotional intimacy with another person than your partner= Emotional cheating.

Having just feelings of yearning for either emotional or physical intimacy from another person than your partner is not equal to cheating until you are not acting upon them is my opinion

If someone acts on feelings, that's physical cheating, right? 
When a husband is sleeping with his wife and thinking about someone from his work, even though that girl has no emotional connection with him, is emotional cheating, yes? 
Originally posted by FruitToasty

If someone acts on feelings, that's physical cheating, right? 
When a husband is sleeping with his wife and thinking about someone from his work, even though that girl has no emotional connection with him, is emotional cheating, yes? 

If husband is sleeping with his wife and thinking about some one at work is cheating his wife obviously.. I could take it as his need  for another woman was physicalaspectt than emotional one.. He was cheating his wife physically in his thoughts..don't know this makes sense or not.. Yes definitely this is scenario soundssou immoral..but it's a physical aspect ..

If husband developed a deeper bonding with a co worker emotionally than his wife..he is sharing his deepest emotions to his Co worker and always depending emotionally on co worker then it's emotional cheating..

If husband having a physical relationship with a co worker and maintain it behind his wife's back then it's a physical cheating..

If husband having an emotionally deeper bonding not as a friendly emotional bonding but how you feel emotionally with your spouse that kind of bond behind his wife back then it is emotional cheating..

If husband having both physical and emotional relationship with coworker behind his wife's back then it's  both physical and emotional cheating...

If husband having physical relationship / emotional relationship with another person with full acceptance of his wife then it's not cheating.. as abnormal as it sounds some people indulge in such things and all people involved in such scenario will be genuinely happy too

So coming back to the scenario you mentioned where husband is imagining another person while sleeping with his wife is more of cheating himself and disrespecting his physical intimacy with his wife..which is definitely wrong

Note: And whatever mentioned above is what I think, I could be wrong too

Originally posted by .SSS.

If husband is sleeping with his wife and thinking about some one at work is cheating his wife obviously.. I could take it as his need  for another woman waa physicalaspectt than emotional one.. He was cheating his wife physically in his thoughts..don't know this makes sense or not.. Yes definitely this is scenario soundssou immoral..but it's a physical aspect ..

If husband developed a deeper bonding with a co worker emotionally than his wife..he is sharing his deepest emotions to his Co worker and always depending emotionally on co worker then it's emotional cheating..

If husband having a physical relationship with a co worker and maintain it behind his wife's back then it's a physical cheating..

If husband having an emotionally deeper bonding not as a friendly emotional bonding but how you feel emotionally with your spouse that kind of bond behind his wife back then it is emotional cheating..

If husband having both physical and emotional relationship with coworker behind his wife's back then it's  both physical and emotional cheating...

If husband having physical relationship / emotional relationship with another person with full acceptance of his wife then it's not cheating.. as abnormal as it sounds some people indulge in such things and all people in those relationship will be happy too..

So coming back to the scenario you mentioned where husband is imagining another person while sleeping with his wife is more of cheating himself and disrespecting his physical intimacy with his wife..which is definitely wrong

Note: And whatever mentioned above is what I think, I could be wrong too

I think everyone who mentions "Emotional cheating" in reference to Mishaan mean that Mishti has feelings for Ruhaan, when she is already in a relationship with Veer. 

Physical cheating having physical relationship with someone, if one is having physical relationship in his head, that's his emotion hence emotional cheating 

Originally posted by FruitToasty

I think everyone who mentions "Emotional cheating" in reference to Mishaan mean that Mishti has feelings for Ruhaan, when she is already in a relationship with Veer. 

Physical cheating having physical relationship with someone, if one is having physical relationship in his head, that's his emotion hence emotional cheating 

If one is having only physical relationship about other person in head then it is just a thought. Having a thought is an emotion? 😕 

Well, I .aware that most thinks in the way you are saying about emotional cheating but this is what as per my understanding.

If a person has never a thought of any physical relationship with another person but only being emotionally intimate with another person behind his/her partner back.. Then also it is emotional cheating right?! I feel so.