Kumkum Bhagya

Small town vs big city,rich vs poor,sanskaar vs status-W*F?!

clarity thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi all!
Okay, just warning you this post is gonna be rant style 'cause I don't see anything I can appreciate about this show. 

Long ago, when this show began, I thought I would watch the show because I liked Abhi-Pragya's chemistry. However, I soon realised I would sink along with this ship, so I made an exit. πŸ˜†

While their chemistry is undeniable, the storyline has been appalling. Love is about more than just fall-catch scenes or eyelocks. The way Abhi never trusted Pragya and Pragya kept getting insulted by all and sundry on the show was just not acceptable to me. 

I know most people hate Aliya, Tanu and now Rhea, but why does Abhi escape the blame? If Taaliya were evil, Abhi enabled it. Despite knowing what Pragya is truly like and apparently being in 'love' with her, he has repeatedly believed other people over her and humiliated her too. 

First there was the Kiara leap and now the 20 year leap, which means Abhi and Pragya have spent close to 30 years apart from each other. Wow, what a great love story. πŸ‘πŸ˜† Okay fine, circumstances made them separate but how come Abhi never sought Pragya out himself all these years? Just dramatic scenes where he feels her presence or feels her pain are supposed to convince us he loves her despite not being with her. πŸ˜³

OKAYYY.

Don't even get me started on how Tanu was with them for the greater part of their love story and he even married her/threw her in Pragya's face.

Now, there is a 'nayi peedhi' but with the same shit as before. Pragya's daughter Prachi is goodness personified and Rhea is Aliya ki parchhai. If women raised around Abhi end up Aliya and Rhea, maybe the problem is him. πŸ˜› Frankly, Purab and Meera seem more aware of Rhea's true personality than Abhi. He does not know her at all despite being the world's best dad. πŸ₯± How is he such a failure as a parent that he allowed Aliya to influence her despite knowing his sister's karnaame. Why is Aliya still around, btw? Care to explain? Why did Abhi allow Pragya to keep Prachi? Why not just take both girls away and raise them on his own? Are they toys to be distributed between two warring children? How can you separate twins like that?

Also, I am tired of these cliches on the show- all rich people are evil and lack sanskaar, middle class people are all angels with a conscience. The water in small towns is different because every person from a small town is an exemplary person while everyone in cities like Delhi lacks a moral compass. Why do they keep bringing up middle class like there is no middle class in Delhi? πŸ˜† Do they think all of us live in Humayun's Tomb or what?

Another trope I hate- naari in a saari is agyakari while girl in a skirt is a brat. Way to perpetuate stereotypes. πŸ‘ Till date, all the girls who have worn Western clothes have been evil while salwar kameez imbues women with Alok Nath ke sanskaar. What kind of lazy writing is this? Especially when none of the actors or creators of this show are like this? 

Now, they are gonna repeat Abhigya with Prachi-Ranvir. Same sanskaari ladki and casanova rockstar fall for each other. BORING. Regarding Rhea, looks like the CVs hate her because they have made her irredeemable. She tried to kill a person, so is she gonna go scot free because they want us to watch badi behen (twin who is probably not even 5 mins older) lecture Rhea out of her criminal ways? How can they trivialise issues like murder? Right now, Rhea is not a brat, she is a criminal- exactly like Aliya. Not a single redeemable quality in her. Obviously, there will also be Rhea vs Prachi for Ranvir. πŸ˜΅ Have the CVs forgotten she is Abhigya's daughter and the audience is supposed to like her?

While there is space given to Abhi-Prachi's equation and how Abhi feels attached to her, how come there are no similar scenes for Rhea-Pragya? No slow motion and running commentary in Pragya's head about how Rhea is nearby? πŸ˜› Absolutely no dil ka rishta between them.

Rant over. 

What do you guys think?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Marathi_Mulgi thumbnail
apt rantπŸ‘πŸ˜†
agreed with all points
and rea looks more like aliya and having all her quality though she is taken care by meera! how come she is all effects of aliya
she is more of daughter of aliya and less of abhigya
though they show prachi as mahan as pragya but like atleast she is giving back and don't cry! it reminded me abhi telling her tum koun ho and she repeats 'brave' and same scene in hospital pragya ask her and she says 'bahadur' only hindi english difference
and yeh u r right they din't show pragya sensing riya
but they are don't met atleast abhi met or prachi was around him coz of something.

hope they will try something diff than tried before
clarity thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: Marathi_Mulgi

apt rantπŸ‘πŸ˜†

agreed with all points
and rea looks more like aliya and having all her quality though she is taken care by meera! how come she is all effects of aliya
she is more of daughter of aliya and less of abhigya
though they show prachi as mahan as pragya but like atleast she is giving back and don't cry! it reminded me abhi telling her tum koun ho and she repeats 'brave' and same scene in hospital pragya ask her and she says 'bahadur' only hindi english difference
and yeh u r right they din't show pragya sensing riya
but they are don't met atleast abhi met or prachi was around him coz of something.

hope they will try something diff than tried before

Haha thank you

The show should be renamed to Kumkum Bhaag-Yaar so the audience is saved this headache and can run away. πŸ˜›

As you said, seems like Meera was her primary caretaker, so how come Rhea has not imbibed any of her qualities? Madam Aliya has become her stand in mother. Abhi seems to not have parented Rhea at all. How is he so unaware of what she is like? 

Honestly, the real lead of this show is Aliya- she always gets what she wants. 

Prachi- I like Mugdha, so I hope they don't make her an irritating mahan beti but sadly, I know they will. She will start her 'Rhea Sudharo Abhiyaan' soon, since she keeps talking about being Rhea's badi behen. Also, if Prachi is a fresher in college, how can she be Rhea's badi behen? πŸ˜• Rhea was the one who ragged her, no? Looks like it's a galti se mistake by CVs. πŸ˜‰

Pragya and Rhea- Yeah, quite surprising. The CVs could have portrayed Rhea as a brat but turning her into Aliya Jr is just πŸ€’. It's shocking 'cause she is Abhigya's daughter and she does not even have one good personality trait. They could have made her similar to Abhi- the brat with a conscience. There is no focus on her thoughts and feelings- like what she feels about Pragya's absence etc. Rhea is portrayed as the vamp in Prachi's life. Why make Pragya give birth to twins if one was to be a vamp? 

I don't know how they will handle Pragya meeting Rhea because in the precap, Pragya clears Rhea's name but no special connection is shown. Hope Rhea becomes curious about Pragya after she saves her. It's also nice how both Abhi and Pragya have no idea what the other twin looks like...in the day of social media. Pragya was at least leading a quiet life in Hoshiarpur but since Abhi is a celebrity, wouldn't Pragya find it hard to not see photos of Rhea?

Sorry, I am asking way too many logical questions. πŸ˜³πŸ˜›