Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Deepidj thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Wow nice update as usual. So ranbir has some dark past with his father like prachi. She wants to know about abhi but pragya doesn't due to some reason. Loved the part when ranbir helped prachi from those boys. Next part soon, nd waiting for adi entry. 

jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Nehaadvising prachi was nice.hope prachi tries to understand it.really need abhi’spov.like prachi thinks is Abhi waiting 4 prachi?i hope so.hope PraBir will doRomeo Juliet together.shocking that ranbir’s dad got murdered.whathappened?cheap vikram.loved ranbir punching him 4 prachi.

Sobiya153 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Woah

Awesomeee 

Loved it

Pls update soon

Christie2017 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Beautiful. Seriously u must give a copy to the CWs of EK. Wonder if Ranbir's dad's murder is in any way linked with Prachi's? Only request, don't bring live triangle, quadrangle like EK 🤣🤣😜😜😜.

secular00 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Janas2017

Beautiful. Seriously u must give a copy to the CWs of EK. Wonder if Ranbir's dad's murder is in any way linked with Prachi's? Only request, don't bring live triangle, quadrangle like EK 🤣🤣😜😜😜.

hahahaha first off thank you so much for the appreciation.... and secondly, there won't be any love triangle in this story😆 be rest assured. 

secular00 thumbnail

thanks will pm the next chapter soon 😊

secular00 thumbnail

Chapter 4

“Leave at once!  Otherwise you’d be responsible for your hospital expenses!!” – Ranbir warned.

“This isn’t over as yet!”

“I’d be patiently waiting for your pathetic comeback.” – After Vikram had left dragging himself with Uday’s support; Ranbir’s gaze fell on the figure sitting on the ground. 

Prachi was slowly picking her stuff; observing the condition of the items one by one; her bag and books were all waterlogged; her phone was scattered into pieces – battery covers on one end and screen covered with dust. Though she managed to pull off a calm face; her slightly shivering hands were somewhat a proof that she might have had experienced ragging for the very first time – Ranbir mused. 

Till she reached her neck and realized her dupatta wasn’t with her; she gave him a quizzical look. Avoiding the awkward air, Ranbir moved forward and gently placed the piece of cloth around her neck. Without meeting his gaze she fixed her messy hair; she had expected him to leave her there and then however, to her surprise he stood still with his arms crossed; watching her patiently – as she arranged her stuff. In the next instant he had extended his hand.

“Is he really the same person who had ruthlessly humiliated and harassed me for entering the wrong premises?” – Prachi looked up at him wordlessly.

“I don’t have the whole day!” – Her chain of thoughts was interrupted; she took his support and stood up brushing her clothes.

“Ranbir!” – Both of them turned to see Neha, running towards them.

“I am so sorry, I saw what all happened but, couldn’t reach because of the crowd encircling you all; are you guys okay?” – In response, Ranbir and Prachi just exchanged tangled stares with each other and then towards Neha.

“I sure am – however, I’m surprised to see you hanging out with such brainless people.”

“She wasn’t concerned about you!”

“You just crushed my heart into pieces…” – Ranbir stated sardonically; ignoring the fuming girl standing next to him.

“Hang on; have you two met before?”

“Oh yes; we had an encounter earlier – a steamy one!” – Ranbir smirked.

“Don’t even talk about it…”

“So, it was you?” – Neha retorted utterly surprised.

“I’d give the honors to this stupid lady for the necessary details.”

“Thanks for being so freaking generous; perhaps I’d pass on these stupid honors!”

“Oh my – somebody’s having a hard time dealing with humiliations...” – Ranbir remarked with a straight face. Before Prachi could hit back; Neha intervened.

“Okay you two – time out. Ranbir, allow me to introduce you to my best friend Prachi.”

“Your best friend? That’s contrasting; it’s not that I want to know.”

“Even I’m not interested in knowing such a horrifying; manner less person like you! I didn’t ask you to be my knight in the shining armor – what are you!” – He stepped forward with a narrowed gaze.

“I thought you had pretty much gotten an idea of what kind of a person I am – when you dashed into my room feasting your eyes on me as I stood naked!” – Prachi’s face reddened with shame.

“Naked?” – Neha exclaimed in shock.

“That’s not true! Neha, let’s go from here.” – Prachi held Neha by her arm.

“Thankless, coward and thick – what else could i expect from a girl who isn’t even honest with her best friend? You’re nothing but a cowardly cat.”

“I’m not scared and I don’t owe you any explanations!”

“Well, you just did.”

“Neha, could we leave already?” – Prachi was fuming.

“If you aren’t; why don’t you tell Neha whatever happened between us behind the closed doors?”

“God, Prachi never told me this side of the story.”

“This is absolute rubbish! Nothing happened between us! Do you believe me or him?”

“You of course.”

“Neha, I feel sorry for you. For not only tolerating her but, forced to submit to her lies.”

“Neha! Last warning! Are you coming along?” – Neha took a back as Prachi gave her a long death stare.

“Okay, okay; let’s go…”

Thank God – I won’t be seeing your face again!” – Ranbir called out from behind.

“And I feel sorry for your existence!”

“Teasing her is way more satisfying.” – Ranbir grinned to himself.

Raghuveer Singh had been the co-owner of Dan Corporation for about 11 years. He had known Virendar Pratap from an early age and they had been best friends since. However, after his death Raghuveer had been looking after the family business. 

With a classy ambiance of black and white; a huge book shelf containing classic novels and business magazines/newspapers; he sat in a rather alert posture in front of a huge desk; working on his laptop – a few files scattered on one side and a cigarette case in the front. 

Apparently, he was completely absorbed with his office work since a couple of hours and he felt fatigued. However, leaving his study room wasn’t possible either. The last time he had left midway – his papers got all messed up because of his assistant’s stupidity and he had to cancel the board meeting. 

He got distracted by a familiar figure pacing back and forth in the living room.

“Ranbir, come on in.” – He came to halt acknowledging the middle-aged man.

“When did you come?”

“A while ago.”

“Why didn’t you tell me, I would’ve sent the dr-“

“I lost my hostel keys and for the millionth time kaka; stop practicing your courtesies in front of me.” 

“Humble apologies. I hope you have settled in college.”

“I would have peacefully; if only you didn’t make my liking for sports a public announcement. The dumb dean made my ear drums bleed for a good 20 minutes straight.”

“What’s wrong with that?”

“I don’t want to be known there for the slightest reason – you know it already. Perhaps with your stature and salt and pepper look; you could give some serious competition to everyone over there. Girls go after hot, older and bearded guys these days.” – Raghuveer let out a mild laugh.

”I personally went for the college tour; the environment is quite healthy. I’m sure if you’d try to adjust and befriend some folks; you’d be fine.” – Without any response, Ranbir walked past the sofas and stood beside the glass window, witnessing nature. Studying the silence and tense frame of the young lad; Raghuveer shut the laptop and stood beside him.

”He knows dad.” – Ranbir muttered after a brief silence; leaving Raghuveer a bit surprised.

“How?”

“He said he wanted to meet him.”

“Didn’t you tell ---“

“I told him; besides all of this doesn’t matter to me anymore.”

“Ranbir, you need to let go of the burden.”

“Your best friend had left this burden as an inheritance for me – unanswered questions, pain, and hatred; last but not the least his infamous temper.”

“Despite all of that, he loved you I’m the witness.”

“I had stopped craving affection from dead people long time back.”

“It’s surely difficult for a 7 years-old kid to understand his father’s wisdom but not for a 22 years-old adult.”

“Replacing your wife right after a month of her death isn’t wisdom; putting your child on a diet of beatings and abuse is not f****ing wisdom!”

”Wiser enough to sense that his child would be incomplete without a mother figure.”

“And clever enough to conveniently take the responsibility off his shoulders!”

“You can’t deny the fact that if you’re alive today; it’s because of him. He called me in and made sure you were in safe hands.” – Ranbir grinned.

“What’s so funny?”

”It’s not hard for me to believe that my life had been not less than a game for you two. Think about it, a man who preferred to enjoy his honeymoon period over me; and his best friend who is nothing but his puppet even after his death.” – Raghuveer let out a deep sigh trying to remain composed.

“Son, I know what you’ve been through; but, believe me he did everything for you. Do you realize why I never signed for the ownership of the business? Because, this house; this business belongs to you. It was his last wish.”

“I am quite well off on my own; you could keep this charity with you. Besides, I apologize as I’m about to crush your credulity but, you know well who actually took care of me all these years. If only your bitter streak hadn’t scared her away; I would’ve met her by now.”

“I know what she means to you; but, I didn’t do anything – by the time I had arrived to take you home; she had already left the boarding school.” 

“And that was ages ago.” – Raghuveer kept quiet.

“Raghu kaka, I’d forgive and forget everything that happened – just find her.”

“I ought to keep your identity under wraps as you put it; and I’m afraid finding her means alerting the whole world about your presence in this city.”

“Amazing! As much as my security is important to you; you still narrated my family tree to the dean – priorities I guess.”

Before Raghuveer could speak in his defense; Ranbir interrupted him. “If you can’t handle this, I’d search for her on my own. For me nothing holds more importance than her presence; not even my life.”

Ranbir moved towards the bookshelf and took out a thick file.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m throwing out your hunting team – they’re f***ing useless assholes!” – As Ranbir made an exit with the file; Raghuveer’s anxiety heightened. 

“Wait, you don’t have to take that file; I’d keep a check on them trust me.”

“I am not seeking your permission – I’ve had enough of your bullshit!”

“Son, just listen to me once; if I couldn’t satisfy you in this final attempt then you’re free to do whatever you want.” – Ranbir let out a frustrated sigh and agreed.

“Why didn’t you tell me it was him?”

“Does it really matter?”

“Of course it does; over here, interacting with Ranbir is every girl’s dream come true.” – Neha remarked straightening her hair.

“Congratulations to you!” – Annoyed Prachi responded from the study table, as she tried her best to focus on the book opened in front of her.

“Come on man, he saved you from those losers; saying thanks won’t have hurt much – moreover he’s not that bad.” – Prachi slammed the book on the table and walked towards the bed.

“Oh really, what do you know about him?”

“Mind if I tell you?” – Prachi rolled her eyes and sat with her friend; keeping the straightener aside; Neha began.

“Well, Vikram and Uday are known to be the most notorious guys on campus; Vikram being the main guy had been maintaining his dominance among people in hostel and on campus for almost 2 years – and messing around with Freshers had been his favorite hobby for long. However, Vikram’s one-man-show was challenged since Ranbir joined the college last month. It’s a well-known fact that Ranbir had thrashed Vikram earlier for hitting one of the handicapped hostel boys. Since then it seems like Ranbir’s mere presence around daunts him. ”

“To be precise how do you know him?” – Somehow impressed Prachi hid her expression.

“He helped me with one of my course-work and he’s brilliant at what he does.”

“Looks older to be an under-grad student; might have had failed!”

“He’s doing MBA stupid – I had a group project and I had to take survey from senior students. He helped me with all of it.” – Neha concluded with a bright smile.

“All of it?” – Prachi was surprised.

“Yes – since then we’re good friends.”

“What’s with his entire attitude?”

“He’s just very self-indulgent; I hardly saw him socializing with large group of people also he’s hardly on campus except for 2 or 3 days a week.”

“Why is that?”

“No idea. However, he’s got quite a rich background and his uncle shares a very good affinity with the dean; both of them made sure he shouldn’t be crowded with people around – to utilize student housing along with his own home, whenever he likes.”

“Why can’t be polite with me?” – Prachi muttered dejectedly.

“But I – wait, are you upset because he wasn’t nice to you?”

“Huh, of course not – why would i? You always distract me with some stupid stuff – I need to study.” – Prachi went back to her spot; hiding her nervousness. 

“Hey, what’s that?” – Neha pointed towards a navy-blue ribbon popping out of Prachi’s bag. It was a silver medallion hanging down with the help of the ribbon. On one side was Fornet’s logo and on the opposite side was a name written, “Pratap… Batch ‘19” – Neha slowly read out the engraved name in a bold font. 

“Oh shit! Is this Ranbir’s?” – Neha exclaimed.

“What?”

“That’s Ranbir’s medallion; see?” – Prachi studied the object in her hand and instantly regretted. Recalling her chaotic encounter with that brat; in an attempt to move out in a hurry; she took his stuff along with her room keys.

“Screw my life…”

Edited by manu9 - 4 years ago
Deepidj thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Hi first one to post thanks dear lovely update loved Prachi nd ranbir cute nhok jhok teasing encounter. Ranbir nd his kaka talks. Looks like ranbir had a bad childhood. Nd his terms with his father was not good thanks to his stepmother. Now eagerly waiting for prabir next encounter. They both have starting liking each other. Lets see who will fall in love first. Though it will be difficult for Prachi in college, as Vikram will create some trouble but ranbir is there for her. When is adi entry yaar. 

jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

ranbir putting duppatta around prachi's neck was romantic. ranchi neha scene was interesting. raghuveer ranbir conversation shows that ranbir had a bad childhood bcz of his father.want to know his childhood properly.who does he want to find? mother or step mother?nice to see prachi getting impressed by ranbir listening to neha

secular00 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Deepidj

Hi first one to post thanks dear lovely update loved Prachi nd ranbir cute nhok jhok teasing encounter. Ranbir nd his kaka talks. Looks like ranbir had a bad childhood. Nd his terms with his father was not good thanks to his stepmother. Now eagerly waiting for prabir next encounter. They both have starting liking each other. Lets see who will fall in love first. Though it will be difficult for Prachi in college, as Vikram will create some trouble but ranbir is there for her. When is adi entry yaar. 

My pleasure!😃 thank you for your valuable feedback. And in terms of Adi you would get to know as the story would unfold!❤️