FF: PranBir/KrishDha - In Love With Devil CH17+Writer's Note Pg 37 - Page 3

Posted: 4 years ago

Chapter 2

“Weirdo..” - Prachi managed to get up brushing the minor dust off her clothes. After a struggle of another 10 minutes she reached her destination. As over cautious as she had always been; she yet again took out her schedule sheet just to make sure she's reached the right place.

Fornet Student Housing was a separate vicinity that occupied a huge chunk of the area; situated right next to the admin block.It was divided into separate buildings for male and female students respectively each building further divided by huge metallic gates surrounded by lush green lawn - between those gates were somewhat a rocky path for students to go their classes.

Prachi received a warm welcome from middle-aged lady on the counter who also happened to be the Chief Proctor;

“New admission?” - The kind lady asked studying the nervousness on Prachi’s face.

“Yes.” - Prachi responded gently.

“You'd be fine.” - After going through the concerned documents; the lady gave her the room keys and directed where the room actually was.

“Actually I am waiting for someone can I just wait in the lounge area?”

“Why not.” - Rearranging her luggage, she quietly sat on one of the sofas checking her next task for the day. She got distracted by a familiar voice;

“Hey psychopath!” - Her best friend Neha called out from a distance - Without any response Prachi conveniently shifted her gaze back to the file.

“Fine, I know I'm late; but, what could I do I was so messed up with a million other things.”

“You were so busy that you actually kept me waiting, practically forgetting meeting me at the college gate - you were so messed up that you managed to doze off and ignore my phone calls as always -and you were so preoccupied being your slacker-self that I was left in the middle of a flashy moronic crowd; slogging my ass to get in here!!! So, please- please don't even bother to explain!!” - Prachi was loud enough not only to silence her friend but startled the woman at the counter.

Uneven gaze, slightly trembling hands, and pinkish shade obvious all over the face - that was more than enough for Neha to figure out that her best friend’s burst out wasn't because of her - rather something which Prachi had bottled up for a while now - her late arrival was only an egg on; followed by inquiring gaze exchanged between the immediate audiences.

“Chief, would you please take care of her luggage, while we’re out?” – Neha requested; gesturing her friend to accompany her.

Pragya glanced at her cell phone from time to time as she drove back - it had been quite some time since she left the campus and her feet were aching but she could not stop until she reached home. Throughout her way back, she had bombarded her mind with countless thoughts regarding her daughter’s safety also trying to figure out the logic behind Prachi’s unexpected outburst the previous night. Was she being too strict? All her life did she actually care for her daughter or simply bossed around? Was it her practicality or insecurity of losing her only support system?

Talking of insecurity – It was not the first time Pragya had experienced such a feeling; she had been through it years back when Abhi left and she received a huge backlash not only from her in-laws but,her own family. Her world fell apart when her own mother called her a failure in marriage; showering her with all the accusations possible. Meanwhile, Aliya had taken complete advantage of the whole situation. Pragya had taken all those remarks as a strong hit to her dignity; without knowing where to go she left with a 7-year-old Prachi only to never look back.

However, that feeling had gradually started to wear off, with Prachi on her side and her complete dedication to grooming her daughter. Even though with limited resources Pragya had gained a sense of confidence. As a doting mother, she had gone to lengths focusing on Prachi’s well being, studies, and social life – with the faith that at the end of the day, all of her efforts and moral values, if not appreciable, would be at least logically understood by Prachi.

Unfortunately, Prachi had crushed, humiliated and rejected her grandiose image of being an affectionate mother – something she longed to be appreciated for. Once again, Pragya found herself immensely vulnerable, and dejected – worried that the history would repeat itself. Pragya’s chain of thoughts was broken by a phone call she was already expecting;

“Yes Aarti - no, It will take another hour or so - just leave the pack in my room - yes, I might get late.” - Pragya concluded, shifting the gears to reach home quickly.

“Edward block famously known as E block is basically where all the classes for Humanities courses are conducted; moving forward are two cafes open and close as the names suggest. And right outside the close cafe is the basketball court. What you call study-eat-exercise-REPEAT! You won't get a better combo like this one; right Prachi?”

Neha’s enthusiasm faded away seeing Prachi completely lost and aimlessly walking - Neha immediately stopped in tracks while Prachi had unknowingly walked a bit further.

“I'm right behind you.” - Prachi took aback and turned. “Um.. sorry… let's go.”; “Wait…” - Neha stood in front with her arms crossed, “Did you talk back to aunty again? Regardless of 1 hour of banging my head with you last night?”

“Can we eat something? Please!”

“That's not the answer to my question.”

“I don't want to answer this question. Now, let's go to the cafe shall we?”

Neha sighed off in frustration and followed her friend. The next couple of hours had passed with annoyed Neha, taking her friend to an unofficial college tour, till both of them reached the hostel gates again.

“Here take my room keys and I'd bring your luggage - 253.”

Somewhat tired of climbing stairs Prachi hurriedly inserted the keys in the door knob – to her surprise it was already open. Feeling relieved she walked in - the ambiance of the room was simple and quite small. Marbled floor with a single bed, a study and side table, at a distance was situated a small TV.Without giving a second thought she Ironically she noticed a pack of cigarettes. Angry of her friend’s hidden habits, Prachi called her friend for interrogation;

“What the f*** are you doing here!!!”

Pragya frantically looked for the address book in her drawers - she couldn't afford further delay in sending the money.

“Smartphones are called smartphones for a reason - you could've easily saved the address in your phone.” - Aarti joked giving Pragya a glass of water, “Stop joking around and help me!”

“There it is..” - Aarti pointed a brown diary underneath the bed.

“Who keeps such important stuff there!” - Pragya literally snatched the diary.

“Must have been clumsy Meena - she's habitual of unconsciously throwing things while cleaning the rooms.”

Sipping water, Pragya felt at peace a bit.“What made you stay today?”

“I couldn't let you sulk in a corner because of Prachi’s absence. Freaking out on every single issue has been your habit since we were in college - times have changed.” - Seeing Pragya's prolonged silence Aarti continued, “Are you still upset with her?”

“I'm trying not to be - for now I need to send this money.”

“Pragya, every month you anonymously send money to him. If you care about him so much why don't you just reveal that it's you?”

“I don't want situation to get messier than it already is. Besides, doing this for him makes me feel as if I'm doing something for Adi.”

“It's been 12 years already, just let it go.”

“Sometimes time can never be the best healer.”

“Is he the reason why you never wanted Prachi to get into that college? I mean come on Prachi deserves to know!”

“It's not that easy.”

“You'd have to tell her the truth at some point.”

“I don't want any further discussions on this.” - Pragya concluded strictly.

Startled by a manly voice Prachi got up instantly, “Fair complexion; dark, mysterious, penetrating eyes; luxurious hair, a strong built - Oh Shit!!“ His shirtless built and wet, messy hair added more to his charm.

“Deaf and mute dumb ass I met in the corridors?” - Ranbir narrowed his gaze.

“Behave yourself!!!”

“Glad to hear your pathetic voice miss, now GET OUT!!!!!” - Trembling Prachi was at loss of words for a few seconds.

“You get lost, this is my room!”

“In a boys hostel?” - Throwing the towel on the bed, Ranbir lightly shook his head hence dripping water droplets on her face.

“I’m not into prostitution as yet, but seeing you makes me change my mind!” - Prachi raised her hand when he tightly caught her wrist.

“Calm your t*** or I would! Read that!” - He whispered, pointing out the metallic plate on the wall; “253- Fornet Male Housing.”

Prachi’s face flushed with embarrassment.

“Now get out before somebody else grabs your ass!!!! NOW!!!!”

Edited by manu9 - 4 years ago

Omg

Gud one

Is Adi pragya's son?? 

Plz update the next part soon

Finally, very nice update. Looks like adi is prachi brother. Wonder how will he be. Next part soon dear.how will prachi ranbir story start, adi entry in prachi life nd so on. 

Originally posted by Sobiya153

Omg

Gud one

Is Adi pragya's son?? 

Plz update the next part soon

haha you'd get to know soon😉 thanks for reading honey

Originally posted by Deepidj

Finally, very nice update. Looks like adi is prachi brother. Wonder how will he be. Next part soon dear.how will prachi ranbir story start, adi entry in prachi life nd so on. 

lol well I can't reveal much now buthat keep up the guessing game😉. Once again thank you for being such awesome readers...

oh sad that when her parents n inlaws abandoned her.no wonder pragya is so attached to prachi.to whom does pragya send money?adi?who is he?neha is more understanding than prachi .like she said prachi is supposed to call pragya.ranbir prachi fight was interesting.waiting for more ranbir prachi scenes

Omg :O who the heck is Adi?! And boy oh boy Prachi ended up being in boys hostel was sooo predictable XD Continue soon!

Chapter 3

”And you couldn’t answer him back?”

“It was my fault after-all; in fact, I feel guilty of behaving that way...” – Prachi mumbled as she neatly placed her dresses in the wardrobe one by one.

“So, what are you going to do?”

“Maybe,just find him and apologize.”

“You could’ve saved yourself from the sheer humiliation; if only you had checked the sign board before entering the wrong gate. Guess your stupidity knows no bounds.” – Neha remarked while resting her back on the bedhead, peeling an apple.

”Thanks for reminding me of my worth! Now, just shut up and eat your darn apples!” – Prachi slammed the wardrobe and sat on the floor.

“Go easy on the temper woman!” – Neha placed the plate containing half-cut apples on one of the side tables and joined her friend on the floor; who was busy fiddling with her split-ends as a distraction, “You surely need to shampoo these noodles…”

Neha wordlessly cursed herself on another failed attempt to cheer up her friend; as Prachi had chosen to remain silent. Utterly frustrated over her friend’s bizarre behavior; Neha finally gave in to the left off discussion that Prachi had conveniently avoided since morning.

“It’s strange how you desperately want to apologize to a f*** boy whom you met just once.”

“The f***boy helped me with my stuff when you were fast asleep in your cozy bed this morning.”

“Even after the insults he showered upon you? Amazing…”

“Maybe that’s how he groomed up. I won’t let go of my moral values because of that.”

“Weren’t you in an exact scenario with your mother last night?”

“I apologized – she didn’t accept it. End of discussion.”

“Couldn’t you just think from her perspective?”

“Couldn’t you just stop being her defense lawyer?”

“You’re more than a sister to me; I won’t sugarcoat anything just to please you; you know it well – let’s be neutral here; what would be your take, if you were stuck in a situation like hers?”                                                                            

“I would’ve been honest with my daughter; encouraged her to meet her biological father; regardless of how shitty that marital relation would’ve been.”

“What if your mother wanted to protect you from getting hurt? What if she wanted you not to suffer from disappointment? What -”

“And what if my father is actually a nice person? What if he’s still longing to see me like I am? What if he’s still trying to contact Maa – but,she’s refusing because of her ego issues?” – Neha kept quiet at this point,struggling to find an answer.

“Just forgive her – she loves you.”

What could Prachi tell her? She loved her mother more than anyone else in the whole world; she cared for her more than she could show; she grew up watching her mother bearing hardships; she saw her mother providing her everything she wished for – except for free will; except for a fatherly figure.

“I’m too messed up right now. Let’s call it a day.”

“So Ranbir, how did your first month go over here?” – The rector asked– an elderly man with a plump physique; as he comfortably sat; puffing a cigar.

“It’s been okay till date.” – Ranbir mumbled with a slight frown onhis face; standing across the huge desk with both hands in his jeans pockets.

“That’s great. Raghuveer Singh ji told me that you’ve been much inclined towards sports especially basketball. Referring to that, you’d be pleased to know that our Faculty for Business has recently started differentsports activities for Masters Students as well.”

“Not really. I had been a part of those tournaments only for fulfilling the requirements of my physical education course. I doubt if I’d be participating in such activities at all.”

“As you wish.” – The rector smiled.

“Is there anything else, you wish to speak about?”

“Oh yes, I’m sorry; what’s your complete name again?”

“Pardon me?” – Ranbir gave a quizzical look.

“Son, you heard me right. I would like to know your complete name.”

“Ranbir Pratap.”

“Pratap – Ranbir… Pratap…”

“Is there something awful with my name?”

“No, of course not. Actually I was going through your file the other day; your name reminds me of someone I know. Do you know anyone by the name of Virendar Pratap?”  

After a long pause and even expression; Ranbir answered, “I’m his son.”

“See! I knew it! Your strong features say it all. He was with me on abusiness trip in London years back. However, in the midst of the trip; he told me he had to rush back to India. I never got a chance to see him since then.” –The elderly man let out a deep sigh.

“But, nice to see you young man – do give my regards to your father and tell him that I’d be more than happy to have him over a cup of coffee in my office.”

Ranbir didn’t respond. Rather, his mind was juggling between; whether the bitter truth would be worthy enough to be revealed in front of an old friend or smoothly ignoring the request. “He got murdered.” – The old man’s skin lost some of its color, “long time ago…”

“Murdered? When did that happen? I’m so sorry but –“

“Now, if you’d excuse me; I’ve to go.”

Prachi made her way through the corridors of E block and approached Neha, who was sitting in open café, waiting for quite some time. Neha glanced at her wrist watch and returned a stern gaze to Prachi.

“25 minutes – that’s not so bad. Tit for tat eh?”

“Nothing of that sort.” – Prachi smiled, “I was talking to the professor regarding the home assignment.”

“Prachi, it’s your first week here – relax. Besides, I don’t want to talk about studies for now.”

“What’s with these huge posters on the buildings around?”

“Nothing; it’s just different societies getting hysterical about their events. For instance, last week Psychology society held a session on Freudian school of thought aka Psycho-Analysis. The other day English society students took auditions for their upcoming play Romeo and Juliet. The list goes on and on my dear.”

“Oh I remember, you mentioned; you gave the audition for Juliet, what happened to that?”

“Nothing Prachi – those assholes said I’m too bold for the role. In fact,you should give it a try; you’d be perfect.” – Prachi laughed.

“Just because I’m majoring in literature; that doesn’t mean I’m good at acting.”

“Oh come on man! The play goes on the floor next month – you still have time…”

“We’ll see…”

“These Jalapeño fries are heaven!” – Neha’s delicious treat got interrupted by a familiar voice.

“Hey girls!” – Ankit greeted both of them with broad smile. Prachi could see instant annoyance on Neha’s face.

“Hi Ankit! What a pleasant surprise bro!

Mind if I join you?”

Of course not; in fact I was just thinking about you!” – Neha nudged Prachi;who in turn choked over her cup of tea; suppressing her laugh.

“Really, that’s so kind of you. Err … and you must be Prachi – Prachi Arora.”

“Yes – how do you know my name?”

“How could anyone ignore such a pretty face?” – Prachi felt uneasy ashe winked at her.

“Well Ankit, isn’t she the 17th girl today; you have bestowed the exact compliment upon?”

Trying to hide the awkwardness he turned to Prachi; “So, what’s your major?”

“English Literature…” – Prachi mumbled; not meeting his direct gaze.

“Sounds really romantic – by the way I’m pursuing Computer Engineering in the Science building across the ground.”

“It’s not that she’s interested to know!” – Neha quipped; sipping down the cold drink – Ankit took aback.

“You know; just in case…”

“No, she won’t” – “Neha, stop it…” – Prachi gently intervened.

“Its fine Prachi, I’m used to it; oh well, I have a really important class to attend; see you guys around – especially you Prachi.” – He left with a smiling face as Prachi gave a slight nod.

“What’s wrong with you Neha; why were you being so rude?”

“Because, everyone knows here that he’s a con man!”

“Who’s he anyway?”

“Student’s counselor – he works with the rector Dr Dhanush; in regards to enrollments – he tried the same tactic on me when I enrolled last month; and got his cheek bandaged! I’m telling you stay away from him.”

“Okay, calm down – when is your next class?”

“I don’t have any classes after 3 pm – Human Resources class was the last. In fact, I’m thinking of going back to my room. Are you coming along or what?”

“You should carry on – I’ve to return these notes to the professor.”

After another half an hour of discussion regarding course work with the professor; Prachi made her way back. She was completely involved in typinga text on her cell phone; when she got splashed by a cold-water bucket and fellon the ground.

It took her a few seconds to realize what just happened – she was drenched in water from head to toe and her stuff was scattered on the dusty surface; till she saw someone’s hand extended towards her.

“I’m so sorry miss – we didn’t want to scar you.” – Prachi lifted her head to see two young men who stood encircling her. Rejecting the help, she stood up on her own.

“Strong woman – well, allow me to introduce ourselves; I’m Vikram and he’s Uday.”

“I’ve no interest in knowing you assholes!” – She moved to pick her stuff when Vikram blocked her way again.

“I’m keen to know why you think we’re assholes! What can I do when a wet and sexy figure is standing right in front of us?” – Without a second thought,she gave a tight slap across Vikram’s face. He stood there holding his face fora few seconds.

“Whoever you’re, keep in mind that not every girl is okay to be messed with!” – She moved forward when Uday caught hold of both of her arms. “Let me go!” – Vikram bent down picking her dupatta and stood right in front of her.

“No one dares to mess with me on campus lady! Girls die to be with me;however, if you want to try friends-with-benefits kind of deal; I can offer youdouble the actual price. So tell me, how much money do you need to enjoy this sandwich?” – Prachi spitted on his face as he caressed her cheek.

In a fit of rage, Vikram raised his hand when a strong fist knocked him down on the floor.

“How does it feel to be on the receiving end?” – Ranbir quipped,fixing the crease on his shirt. Vikram – who had been nursing his bleeding nose got up to hit back when his hand was again caught in Ranbir’s strong fist –Vikram screamed in excruciating pain as his fingers were ruthlessly crushed –shifting his ice-gold gaze to Uday; Ranbir demanded, “Release her and give her stuff back!”

“Uday! You moron! Give the f**** stuff back!” – Vikram retorted while he underwent the agony. Uday hysterically moved forward collecting the stuff one by one. In the next moment, Ranbir twisted Vikram’s arm around and kicked him on the back. Ranbir walked towards him and held him by his collar.

“Give her dupatta back.” – On being given the piece cloth. Ranbir continued,“You should’ve kept these tactics till the hostel gates Vikram – unfortunately for you, you’ve invited hell and its devils for yourself!!”