Niyati Joshi confirms replacing Parul Chauhan to play Swarna in YRKKH

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 5 years ago
Popular TV actress Parul Chauhan, who plays the role of Swarna in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai and was associated with the daily for two and a half years, has decided to quit the show. The actress doesn't want to play a grandmother on the show. Currently, Parul has been missing from Yeh Rishta... for more than a month now.
In the show, Parul is essaying the role of Kartik's (Mohsin Khan) mother and Naira's (Shivangi Joshi) mother-in-law. The show recently revolved around Naira and Keerti's pregnancy and the latter delivering a baby boy. Parul did not want to play the role of a grandmother at such an early age in her career and hence decided to leave the show.

Talking exclusively to the TimesofIndia.com, the actress confirmed the news and said, "Yes, I have quit the show as I was not ready to play the role of a grandmother's role at such an early stage of my career. I felt I won't be able to do justice to the role. I spoke to Rajan sir (Producer) and thankfully he understood my concerns."

Parul, who got married last year on December 12, 2018 to boyfriend Chirag Thakkar is making the most of this break. From travelling to her hometown to taking care of herself, the actress is currently devoting time to her personal life, "I am enjoying the break and not in any hurry to return to work. I went to stay with my parents at my house for few days. Doing a daily soap becomes very hectic, you end up getting no time for yourself. Hence, I am also working on body and taking care of myself. I am enjoying the break." Edited by amrutha131 - 5 years ago
Wish her all the best. Sad that she left
Although Parul is really good, her character (with the current storyline) does not add (or deduct) anything from the show so well, yeah good thing she did leave and all the best to her for all that she ever does. :D
Good thing. There's nothing left here.
Good for her she Deserve better . Well miss her and naitik in the show badly and rt now
TV actress Parul Chauhan, who was seen in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata as Swarna Geonka recently quit the show as she was not comfortable playing the role of a grandmother. The actress even confirmed the news to TimesofIndia.com. Now, the latest we hear is that Saat Phere and Kumkum: Ek Pyaara Sa Bandhan actress Niyati Joshi has been roped in to replace Parul Chauhan in the show. Niyati is expected to start shooting for the show in next 10-15 days.

The actress confirmed the news to TimesofIndia.com and said, "Yes, I will be playing the role of Swarna on Yeh Rishta... I am very happy to be part of this show. Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai has been on-air since last 10 years and to be a part of the show is like a very big move for me. I know what I am getting into because I am replacing someone and it is not going to be an easy task. But, I am hopeful that the audience will accept me."

When asked if she is ready for comparisons with Parul and is there any pressure, she said, "The pressure is going to be there, but I am ready to face the challenge. The advantage that I feel I will have is that Swarna's character has been missing for last 2/3 months so I think it would be easy to make my way in to the viewers' hearts."

While Parul quit the show as she did not want to age on-screen, Niyati, on the other hand, has no qualms about playing a grandmother, "I don't mind playing the role of a grandmother. I am pretty cool with the idea as I have seen the show and the role of Swarna is not shown old with grey hair and big glasses. I don't mind playing a grandmother on-screen."