Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka

Molestation : A plot device / joke?

FruitToasty thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
I had sworn off this forum but was watching the show but had to rant today about insensitivity of makers.
Pari was molested and its hilarious how no one really cares what she must be going through, everyone made it about Mishti and Ruhaan. Pari's molestation was just a poorly executed plot device to bring the leads close? I don't understand this casual approach of everyone in Pari's family towards this particular event, including Pari  

How dumb do you have to be to take a drunk man outside a party, alone so you don't spoil Mishti's birthday party? Am I to understand that Pari would rather get raped than spoil Mishti's party? This is not real, or love for your sister, this is downright stupid. 

Mishti, for her big talk about big sister made it about her feelings for Ruhaan, her complete focus was on Ruhaan, I don't understand this, so she thinks he invited his friend who tried to molest Pari but you are supposed to punish the person who did it, he went away from their home, none thought of filing a complaint, what kind of a family is this? 
Only Ruhaan was the one who hit the guy and was concerned for Pari. 

Radhika 👏

Arnav (Who loves Pari btw) 👏

Pari herself 👏

I don't understand using molestation or scenes like this as a plot device, if they can't execute it properly, they just made it very casual, a daily occurrence. A woman is a woman, her character doesn't have as many supporters so molestation is justified? None will ask her if she is okay? She was roaming around making sure Mishti and Ruhaan don't fight each other.
This could have been about Ansh's smoking only, the impact and story would have been as same, what was the point of that scene? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

khatimeethi thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail
Mishti did told off ruhaan.
Also she caught guy before any untoward thing happened ,what was she supposed to do more...
Ruhaan after initial shock and realising completely hit him...
What more was he supposed to do.
Pari is capable herself and thought could handle .
The only ppl who were disappointing were radhika and Arnav
FruitToasty thumbnail
Originally posted by: khatimeethi

Mishti did told off ruhaan.

Also she caught guy before any untoward thing happened ,what was she supposed to do more...
Ruhaan after initial shock and realising completely hit him...
What more was he supposed to do.
Pari is capable herself and thought could handle .
The only ppl who were disappointing were radhika and Arnav

Why did Mishti told off Ruhaan? 
What was Ruhaan's fault in this? 
Why not get the man who tried to molest Pari imprisoned than making it about Mishti's feelings for Ruhaan? 
Mishti was yelling at Ruhaan for Pari or for her feelings for him? 
The guy who did this, went to his home, he will get up in morning, get drunk again and molest someone else. 

I am talking about execution of the scene here
khatimeethi thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: FruitToasty

Why did Mishti told off Ruhaan? 
What was Ruhaan's fault in this? 
Why not get the man who tried to molest Pari imprisoned than making it about Mishti's feelings for Ruhaan? 
Mishti was yelling at Ruhaan for Pari or for her feelings for him? 
The guy who did this, went to his home, he will get up in morning, get drunk again and molest someone else. 

I am talking about execution of the scene here

She was yelling for pari..She yelled at Ruhaan bec she thought those are his friends..
And regarding police ,half of world doesn't go around filling complaint sad state but trueAt max Veer will cut him off ..
FruitToasty thumbnail
Originally posted by: khatimeethi

She was yelling for pari..She yelled at Ruhaan bec she thought those are his friends..

And regarding police ,half of world doesn't go around filling complaint sad state but true At max Veer will cut him off ..

That's where the execution part comes, no? 

Why use something like molestation when you don't have the required sensitivity to deal with this? The whole world doesn't go to the police, doesn't mean that they shouldn't and that's exactly what the whole family should have done. But it's clear that they just used it to show Mishti's anger for Ruhaan, they made it about Mishti yelling at Ruhaan. 

If it was ONLY about Ansh smoking, the impact would have been the same. Mishti would have yelled at Ruhaan like she did and makers did not have to mock women who go through this kind of situation 
NutellaWaffle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 8

I understand ur post but honestly except mishti ruhan no one reacted the way it should be...
problem here is no one knows Pari got molested n mishti thinks she stopped that guy from kissing pari but before kiss pari was actually molested... whole family thinks he was about to kiss n mishti saw that n stopped ... no one knows what he did with pari except pari.. I'm sure they would b doing same what u said had they known that...
Shocking here is pari reaction... a guy who is drunk got molested n she thinks about spoiling bday party n going with him alone... what a stupid idea it was... what will happen if he did anythng to her outside?? It's not that she can handle it by herself especially with the person who is physically stronger than her n drunk who is not in senses... there r chances of rape also... pari casually taking molesting thing is not right it's totally wrong...
.SSSS. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Agree with most of the points in your post. 👏
I felt Mishti's concern for Pari was genuine though. Her focus might have been on blaming Ruhaan , still she is definitely concerned for Pari. Same applies to Ruhaan, he was concerned too about Pari.

CV's have not  used this as a plot device for  just Mishaann they have used it for Pari to realize that she is reday act upon her feelings for Ruhaan. She wanted to love him, doesn't want to friend zone him. It's understandable, from Pari's POV since she felt secure when Ruhaan beating his friend.

So, CV's can't use only Ansh issue as plot device in this episode since they wanted even to show Pari feelings towards Ruhaan.

Note: I too felt that all of them left the main issue: molestation so easily. CV's could have avoided such a sensitive issue when they can't execute it sensibly

Edited by .SSSS. - 5 years ago
surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
yes mishty shouting only on goon friend   is not enough. and only shouting does not proove mishty care for sister

if mishty really care for sister then instead of shouting she should have call police and make arrested that goon guy

only shouting is not enough. legal action on goon friend is also needed
kkr7 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Agree with you partially .Time to time we have seen in different shows how CVS doesn't take such things seriously. Not fair. 👎🏼
Coming to this show, I felt mishti is the only one who responded rightly on this issue. She cares a lot for Pari. Mishti should have given police complaint . Expected more from arnav and radhika. 
princess2507 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
In my opinion both ruhaan and mishti reacted the way they were supposed too. Mishti told of that guy for what she saw he was doing. What else could mishti have done?

If pari would've been less concerned about spoiling mishti's party and would've told of that guy there and then only I am sure mishti would've handed over that guy to police moreover would've kicked him herself.

For rest of the members no comments.Edited by princess2507 - 5 years ago