LivingInPajamas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago
"I don't know, maybe we need to talk about this Raj!" Her pale face and slightly puffy eyes were the only give away to what had been a sleepless night for her.

Too often had she been having these sleepless nights. She tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear and looked up.

His expression appeared cold, to a third person yes. But she knew behind it lay more love than she could ever imagine. This just wasn't the right moment to reveal any of it. "Sir emergency me patient aaya hai, road accident.."

And yet again, they didn't have time. He looked up at her and in the blink of a moment, she understood. He sighed and rushed off, his clean white coat revealing absolutely none of the turmoil that his brain was in right now.

She waited, but then patience was a virtue for their sorts wasn't it? Waiting ages for table vivas, waiting for exams to end, waiting for dates, waiting to go home. The list went on endlessly. All for that white coat, she sighed as she clutched at hers.

When you have been with a person for long, you suddenly begin to acknowledge the tiniest of details. The details you never had paid attention to.

She couldn't miss the abrupt change in his demeanour when he walked back to her and slowly sat down."All right?" she whispered and he nodded in affirmation.

"Let's think again" he said, abruptly.They had thought about this, every practical detail on why it was better for them to break up. To not go on further with this. And they were very very practical people, as they thought.

"Raj I think..."

When she heard the wailing, it was unmistakable. And how many times had they heard this, over their days of undergraduation? It still didn't feel right.

"Hindu male 32, brought dead"He looked up at her with that characteristic vulnerable gaze, he only shared with her.

Because outside they were doctors, with a purpose to treat, to save and to clutch on to lives which were willing to depart. He couldn't get the young wife's terrified face out of his head.

"There are very few things that I hold close on days like this" he took her hand in his "You are one of them."And just like that, she held his hand back.

PS- Raj because cliches and DDLJEdited by LivingInPajamas - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshi67 thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
"doctors, with a purpose to treat, to save and to clutch on to lives which were willing to depart."
You convey so much so succinctly, but this line above stands out for me. Especially the latter half of it. 

Raj = DDLJ hamesha ;)