Yeh Rishtey Hai Pyaar Ke

You Reap What You Sow~ FanFic

-Rehanna- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

Abir is a man who takes life far too easily, Mishti is a woman who takes life far too seriously. They're complete opposites but with pasts so similar, yet somehow due to circumstances they've been shaped into completely contrasting people. 

After Mishti rudely fires Abir, he makes it his mission to teach her the importance of kindness, fun and of course the hardest lesson-that you reap what you sow. 

When Mishti comes face to face with the irritating, handsome man who is doing everything he can to make her fall, she can't help but hurt over losing the only positive thing she has-her job.

In the midst of business rivalry, a heated attraction and accidental flirting, will Mishti and Abir find a home away from home or will their actions set the tone for the future and leave them both regretting their mistakes? 

+++

The sound of clicking heels on the glass like floor made every worker rise to their feet, stand up straighter and become silent. Mishti was not the kind of woman anyone wanted to unimpress, she ran a tight ship and ensured that everyone who worked for her gave a minimum of a hundred and ten percent, she'd accept nothing less. Gazing over her glasses she pushed them up from the middle of her nose, cleared her throat then sat down, her long blood red nails tapped on the table, her jaw was clinched, and her eyes were as sharp as daggers. Someone had done something wrong. "Abir, stand up". 

Abir halted, teeth still firmly dug into the apple that matched her nails, pulled it from his mouth and jumped up to stand with everyone else "Miss, I".

"Ma'am, you address me as ma'am, not Miss, you're the new intern here, right? You were meant to be here at 08:30am and report to my office, it is now 08:37am and I have had to find you, not only does this show a rubbish work ethic, it shows that you are lazy, unprepared and late and in this office we do not stand for tardiness, laziness or any of the other traits you have showed today" banging her fist on the table she ignored the way everyone flinched, pulled her blazer around her body and stood up "Consider yourself out of an internship, the rest of you can return to work and do not disturb me unless you also want to lose your jobs". 

Abir smirked at the memory of his first meeting with Mishti, she was still as uptight as ever and he was still as laid back as ever, after all these years not much had changed except for the fact that Abir had made his way in the world, bagged an internship elsewhere, been recognised for his talents and now ran a business that was the rivalling company of Mishti's Magic. He wasn't bitter about how she had fired him, but that didn't mean he was going to stand by and allow her to have her success by standing on the bones of other's failures, he had made it his life's work to teach her a lesson, take away her workers and leave her to struggle just like she had made many others. This wasn't about revenge, it was about solidarity, people deserved to get what they had worked so hard for and as the famous saying went, you reap what you sow, and Mishti had lit the fire for her own demise, in business terms of course. 
Today was the first day in a number of years since they had met, and as he watched her stride into the office with her no-nonsense attitude and permanent scowl etched onto her features, he knew she was still the same old Mishti who didn't care for anyone but herself, that would have to change. 

But, appearances could be deceiving and Mishti was very good at fooling people, not only was she worn out from the constant tyrant act she kept up, she was also sad at her loss of business and workers and lonelier than anyone would ever know, she wasn't the type of woman to beg for help, or kneel in the face of something that could defeat her, she'd been raised better than that and she'd fight to the death if she had to, she had nothing else to fight for, no family, no friends, just a lonely house, too much money and her business which she had made into an empire with her own two hands. It was her who had smashed the proverbial glass ceiling and made her way to being the youngest female entrepreneur in Canada, not anyone else, but this man wouldn't let up, he had to keep fighting, so that meant she did too. 

"Mishti, or should I call you ma'am?" The twinkle in his eyes made her sigh heavily as he rested his feet upon the desk, smirked and crossed his arms over his body. 

"Mishti is fine" not breaking eye contact she helped herself to a seat, clearly, he had not forgotten what she had done and clearly he was still hurt over it, none of that mattered to her, his feelings weren't her problem and she wasn't about to make it her issue. "So, you wanted to talk?"

"Hm, you could say that, what I actually want is to come to a deal, sell some of your shares and this is over, no more of your workers will quit and join me, you won't lose more business and you'll be able to build yourself up again, win-win, no?" The sardonic smile on his lips was almost painful for her to even see. 

"No" pushing up her glasses again, she patted her bun, pulled her blazer around herself and placed a file on the desk "I did not come here to bow before you, to give up or to give you what you want, if you didn't know already, then allow me to tell you just who I am, I am Mishti, the youngest female entrepreneur of this country and of this state, it took me exactly seven months to build a business that was on everybody's lips, I do not give up and I do not lose, I win, and that is the kind of woman you are facing" placing her hands on the desk, she leant forward "Remember my name Abir, because I will make sure you never forget it, this is the biggest mistake of your life, your childish attitude while sweet will not work at me, you're on the playing field with adults now and we don't give in just so you can go home and tell your family that you won, every win is earnt by hard work, not by foul play and by cheating you achieve nothing but a bad rep, so Abir, please, do not waste my time" the fire in her eyes as she spoke was endearing, hypnotic even, the way her cheeks flushed and her eyebrows knitted in frustration at his silence was quite possibly the most amazing thing he had ever seen. 

"You think I'm sweet?"

Her doe brown eyes widened "Is that all you picked up on from that?" This man really knew how to work her up!

"Selective hearing" pointing to one ear he jumped up and rounded the table "I think you're sweet too, a bit controlling, but overall sweet" reaching forward he pinched her cheek then dropped his hand "You're a bowl of delight".

"Excuse me" she stepped back, flustered, no man had ever acted this way with her, never even gave her a second glance, she was as they said, too much for a woman, too scary'. "That's inappropriate, don't touch me again" she spat viciously. 

Abir pulled his head back "You flirted first, called me sweet" gasping over dramatically he placed his hands on his cheeks "What would people say? Are you trying to have your way with me, so you can get one over on me?" he looked away, "God, I feel so used". 

"Oh, shut up" she was angry now, angrier than she had ever been in her entire life "Grow up Abir, this is pathetic". 

"Workplace abuse, fancy, you really are a treat, is this how you flirt with all guys? To be honest, it isn't working for me" shrugging he sat on his desk. 

"I am not flirting, and my private life is none of your business, focus on the topic at hand" she ordered, this was out of her comfort zone and if he continued this, then it would be harder to remain a cold front. 

"This is the topic at hand, you called me sweet, I know I'm handsome, you know I'm handsome, but we cannot do this, I hate to let a girl down, but," edging closer, he dropped his voice to a mere whisper "People would talk, but if you want to put yourself through it, then I suppose we could arrange a date" flicking through his planer, he hummed "When are you free? Ooh, what about tonight?"

"Unbelievable" Mishti muttered under her breath and snatched the diary "I am not sleeping with you, I find it very insulting that you'd even offer or ask, I'm not interested in you or attracted to you, so please get out of your dreamland, what are you? Some type of animal" huffing loudly again, she threw it to the floor. 

"Hey, that's my property and it's illegal to try and destroy my property, so please calm down before I call security".

"Call what" gritting her teeth she stepped forward menacingly as he raised his hands then pressed his hand on a buzzer. Gasping as a large, burly man wrapped a hand around her arm, she narrowed her eyes "Oh, you'll pay for this". 

Waving as she was dragged away, he lifted the file from the table "And that, is how it's done" tossing it into the bin he looked out the window as she was put onto the street "All you ever had to do Mishti was apologise, but now it's too late to apologise he began to sing just as his receptionist pushed open the door. 

"Singing, again?" Kuhu laughed, raven curly hair jiggling as she did "This is why Kunal always has headaches", that voice she mocked him, poking out her tongue. 

"Kuhu, darling, please, don't mock, join in and Kunal's headaches are not my fault, why must you bring him up in every conversation?"

"I, I, I" she spluttered "I do NOT" rolling her eyes, she held out a cup of coffee "So, finally met with Mishti, how was it?"

"Oh" he laughed "She hates me, but she needs me and she knows it, won't be long until she gives up, a woman like her is never as tough as she seems, when she learns her lesson on kindness, I'll be more than happy to give it all back, but for now, well, she reaps what she sows". 

I apologise for the "hosted by photobucket" crap, I can't remove it:')
Anyway, do let me know your thoughts please! 

Edited by -Rehanna- - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jasleen-tsmsp thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful writing 👏😛
-Rehanna- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: jasleen-tsmsp

Beautiful writing  👏😛

Thank you lovely! Its so good to see you here:)
Nikki_love thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Did u not continue this? It's an awesome story!

Where is the next part?