Mishal in a new Web series

Posted: 5 years ago

After Kumkum Bhagya, Mishal Raheja bags another Ekta Kapoor project

ishal Raheja became a household name for his stints as Dutta Bhau in Laagi Tujhse Lagan, Akash Sehgal in Love Story and Viplav Tripathi in Ishq Ka Rang Safed. Currently, the actor is making heads turn with his character of King Singh in Zee TV's Kumkum Bhagya. Now, we hear that the actor has bagged another project and it is none other than an Ekta Kapoor show.

And the show that we are talking about is ALT Balaji's upcoming web series Boss: Baap Of Special Services. Yes, you read it right! The actor will be seen at the end of season 1 and his character will be more vividly seen in season 2. 

We tried to reach the actor but he remained unavailable for comment. 

Meanwhile, this web series marks the comeback of Karan Singh Groverafter a long gap. Joining him in this series are Sagarika Ghatge, Ayaz Khan, Gaurav Gera, Rarun Mahilani, Asmmita Bakshi, Sonali Raut, Mahesh Shetty, Dalljiet Kaur, Kanica Maheshwari and others.
Edited by Mishfan - 5 years ago
Posted: 5 years ago
Originally posted by Mishfan

After Kumkum Bhagya, Mishal Raheja bags another Ekta Kapoor project

ishal Raheja became a household name for his stints as Dutta Bhau in Laagi Tujhse Lagan, Akash Sehgal in Love Story and Viplav Tripathi in Ishq Ka Rang Safed. Currently, the actor is making heads turn with his character of King Singh in Zee TV's Kumkum Bhagya. Now, we hear that the actor has bagged another project and it is none other than an Ekta Kapoor show.

And the show that we are talking about is ALT Balaji's upcoming web series Boss: Baap Of Special Services. Yes, you read it right! The actor will be seen at the end of season 1 and his character will be more vividly seen in season 2. 

We tried to reach the actor but he remained unavailable for comment. 

Meanwhile, this web series marks the comeback of Karan Singh Groverafter a long gap. Joining him in this series are Sagarika Ghatge, Ayaz Khan, Gaurav Gera, Rarun Mahilani, Asmmita Bakshi, Sonali Raut, Mahesh Shetty, Dalljiet Kaur, Kanica Maheshwari and others.

Thanks for sharing, Mish! πŸ€—  Happy to see MR being offered another show by the diva herself.  I just hope it materializes into something unlike his declarations of other projects in the past.  Is he going to be the lead in the second season or is he playing second fiddle to KSG? πŸ˜•
Posted: 4 years ago
I
Originally posted by ~DaZZ|ing~

Thanks for sharing, Mish!  πŸ€—  Happy to see MR being offered another show by the diva herself.  I just hope it materializes into something unlike his declarations of other projects in the past.  Is he going to be the lead in the second season or is he playing second fiddle to KSG? πŸ˜•

I don't know but I have mixed feelings,  Dazz. 
From this article, it's clear he will have a very minuscule role atleast
In the first season. And you never know "if there will be a Season 2...??
Much depends on how good Season 1 fares. 
If you look up shows on Alt,  only a couple of shows came back 
with seasons. KTBM & KKHH . Seems that show with Barun Sobti, 
didn't do well after all,  considering his popularity. 
It's all about the story, I guess πŸ˜›
But still good to see Mishal getting a project & hope it is true.

I was more excited when he announced that other web series,  with 
Vikram Bhatt, if I am not wrong.

I was also totallymiffed with how his character changed in KKB
Towards the end ( before that big leap) πŸ˜• Why I say this is, you can just never 
trust Ekta on how she abruptly shifts characters,  the second fiddle ones😲
& favors her favorites
But all said & done, still wish the best for Mishal &
hope he lands a good show soon  πŸ˜³

Edited by Mishfan - 4 years ago
Hmm saw this
Though I don't personally like Ekta kapoor stuff
I'm glad he is doing something but I want mishal to play a big part in it
It looks as though he will have a small part in season 1
And then if season 2 happens he will get a bigger role
Though I would want to see him back in a serial as the lead
But good luck to him 😳

I
I don't know but I have mixed feelings,  Dazz. 
From this article, it's clear he will have a very minuscule role atleast
In the first season. And you never know "if there will be a Season 2...??
Much depends on how good Season 1 fares. 
If you look up shows on Alt,  only a couple of shows came back 
with seasons. KTBM & KKHH . Seems that show with Barun Sobti, 
didn't do well after all,  considering his popularity. 
It's all about the story, I guess πŸ˜›
But still good to see Mishal getting a project & hope it is true.

I was more excited when he announced that other web series,  with 
Vikram Bhatt, if I am not wrong.

I was also totallymiffed with how his character changed in KKB
Towards the end ( before that big leap) πŸ˜• Why I say this is, you can just never 
trust Ekta on how she abruptly shifts characters,  the second fiddle ones😲
& favors her favorites
But all said & done, still wish the best for Mishal &
hope he lands a good show soon  πŸ˜³

I believe he is playing the second lead if there is a second season in the pipeline.  Like you said, the success of season 1 will determine the destiny of season 2.  I don't know, Mish.  I'm actually nervous for Mishal because I don't know if he'll ever be offered a lead role again.  He's also older now, so the chances of him creating a charisma like Arijit Taneja (the original Purabl on KKB) who progressed onto male lead are pretty slim.  Just my two cents. πŸ˜•  I wish he had done the supporting character in that YRF film.  At least he'd make his entry into Bollywood with something in his hand.  As an entertainer, he now seems like a lost soul without any direction to me.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvsrDn-nfFg/

I believe that's MR in the shot with Sagarika Ghatke. 
TFS, Mish!
Like you all I also have mixed feelings about this series and somehow not sure how this will work out. Evertyhing for season 2 depends on how season 1 fares. 
Also web series has very limited episodes.
It is good to be optimistic but then need to be realistic as well. I feel somewhere MR has lost focus. His colleagues in the same age group are getting good roles not sure why he is not signing any lead roles.. Wishing him well...
Originally posted by amivp

TFS, Mish!
Like you all I also have mixed feelings about this series and somehow not sure how this will work out. Evertyhing for season 2 depends on how season 1 fares. 
Also web series has very limited episodes.
It is good to be optimistic but then need to be realistic as well. I feel somewhere MR has lost focus. His colleagues in the same age group are getting good roles not sure why he is not signing any lead roles.. Wishing him well...

I hate to say this, but I don't think he's being offered lead characters anymore.  I'm sure he had several offers after his exit from LTL, but in those days he was only concerned about making it in Bollywood.  After IKRS as well, I'm sure he did have offers for other prime time shows but he chose to be overly selective in choosing the right show.  There's always a peak in one's career that one must utilize for the best opportunities because they don't come knocking on your door every single day.  This goes for any profession, not just acting.  I too think it's too early for Mishal's career to take such a nosedive on its graph. πŸ˜³  

Regardless of his past decisions, I'd imagine his present offers of supporting characters are humbling to say the least. I do believe that Mishal has an ego when it comes to his career. 
Edited by ~DaZZ|ing~ - 4 years ago
Originally posted by ~DaZZ|ing~

I hate to say this, but I don't think he's being offered lead characters anymore.  I'm sure he had several offers after his exit from LTL, but in those days he was only concerned about making it in Bollywood.  After IKRS as well, I'm sure he did have offers for other prime time shows but he chose to be overly selective in choosing the right show.  There's always a peak in one's career that one must utilize for the best opportunities because they don't come knocking on your door every single day.  This goes for any profession, not just acting.  I too think it's too early for Mishal's career to take such a nosedive on its graph.  😳  

Regardless of his past decisions, I'd imagine his present offers of supporting characters are humbling to say the least. I do believe that Mishal has an ego when it comes to his career. 

Dazz, this breaks my heart , although I have to agree with most of what you've 
said here. πŸ˜­
Will we ever get to see him in something good & worthwhile ???? πŸ˜’  

Dazz, this breaks my heart , although I have to agree with most of what you've 
said here. πŸ˜­
Will we ever get to see him in something good & worthwhile ???? πŸ˜’  

Mish, I think he realizes that his career as an actor is pretty much done.  I guess he's making the most of what he's getting from popular production houses in the hopes of getting noticed.  I wish he hadn't had such a condescending attitude towards television. 😳  It gave him everything he has to date as an actor.  I also often wonder about the artist within him and whether it holds any priority in his life.  He seems much more dollars and cents to me.