Yeh Rishtey Hai Pyaar Ke

Will it be the same old story of Indian Tellywood?

Hriju321 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
2 episodes of YRHPK and...it's kind of okayish. 😆
I am quite afraid of the character played by Rupal Patel...afraid that it will be the same old type of matriarch who is lady Hitler which is quite the norm of Indian tellyland. One lady Hitler of a rich family who makes even men cower in front of her and docile uber traditional women without tongue,who bow down is not my cup of tea but I will wait for sometime for the story to unfold.

Mishti and Kuhu--two polar opposites.I came to know that Kuhu is an illegitimate child of Shaurya and Mishti is an abandoned child.Why does Kuhu feel that Mishti has snatched everything from her? 

I liked Shaheer Sheikh and the scene where Abeer and Mishti came together in the screen for the first time was mind blowing!

Let's see how the story unfolds. Will it be the same archetypal  regressive joint family ruled by a dictator type saga or something refreshing only time will tell.
Edited by Hriju321 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sparti thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I hope not, I came here because the promos seemed progressive and the show seems to want to portray more realistic process of shaadi instead of the high-voltage, forced, groom/bride-swapping, hate, revenge and what not wala weddings we've been used to so far ðŸ˜† Edited by sparti - 5 years ago
Sher123 thumbnail

So happy that someone from the Ib fans is watching that show. I used to read your reviews of Dib every day . 

I have just watched the first 2 eps. , i loved the acting . The character of Fui gave me the vibes of the old same story of indian tv ( which was the reason that i never tried to watch any indian daily soap , before KRPKAB and Ishqaaaz ). The characters of mishti , abeer and kuhu are good and the story seems good , i hope we don't  get disappointed.

Edited by Sher123 - 5 years ago
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Yes i didnt like her character. She will be very hard to tolerate. But the leads are good . And the other supporting cast. What i .didnt like was too much stress being laid on the background . The singhanias are so useless that they gave away mishti to rajshri? That sounds so stupid. Two,.mishti missing her parents is fine but she is being shown too much depressed due to this . But why? She must have been brought up in a well to do family in a lap of luxury in a very loving environment . And then singhanias and maheshwaris must be in touch with each other. Devyani was this useless, she didnt care to check on her blood? 

Two,.why is kuhu shown so stupid and immature ? How can mishti snatch her family? When kuhu is a step child ? Maheshwaris are not a disoriented family like goenkas. So much resentment between their children is odd..

Its better they focus on the love story rather than family politics . In these two episodes, i found the atmosphere gloomy for no apparent reason...hope its better later..

I loved mishti and abeer btw..and kunal..ketkis parents..and my fav..rajshri..she will make an entry later may be 
Edited by _charu_ - 5 years ago
neenu55 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Shaheer as Abir is really impressive

And I think they have a story to tell

Believer09 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
So happy to see some familiar names in this forum 😊

I am keeping my fingers cross for some real story n less of typical drama..

Honestly i find kuhu along with fui over the top so far 😕 ...one is control freak other is insensitive n insecure 😡
varshini15 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Hriju321

2 episodes of YRHPK and...it's kind of okayish. 😆

I am quite afraid of the character played by Rupal Patel...afraid that it will be the same old type of matriarch who is lady Hitler which is quite the norm of Indian tellyland. One lady Hitler of a rich family who makes even men cower in front of her and docile uber traditional women without tongue,who bow down is not my cup of tea but I will wait for sometime for the story to unfold.

Mishti and Kuhu--two polar opposites.I came to know that Kuhu is an illegitimate child of Shaurya and Mishti is an abandoned child.Why does Kuhu feel that Mishti has snatched everything from her? 

I liked Shaheer Sheikh and the scene where Abeer and Mishti came together in the screen for the first time was mind blowing!

Let's see how the story unfolds. Will it be the same archetypal  regressive joint family ruled by a dictator type saga or something refreshing only time will tell.

i just hope that because of rupal patel's  character and some other  elements, the show does not become like other stories of indian television , there is still development in the character because she has a backstory , she is like this because her husband left her , may be she will change when  her husband comes back or mishti comes in their life ,or some other thing
Edited by varshini15 - 5 years ago
Hriju321 thumbnail
Originally posted by: sparti

I hope not, I came here because the promos seemed progressive and the show seems to want to portray more realistic process of shaadi instead of the high-voltage, forced, groom/bride-swapping, hate, revenge and what not wala weddings we've been used to so far  😆

High voltage shaadis are the bread and butter of Indian soaps ðŸ˜† And I am sure YRHPK will at some point of time have a high voltage shaadi ðŸ˜† but I hope the journey is good. The previous show of which I was an addict had a wonderful journey of love and realisation. 
Hriju321 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sher123

So happy that someone from the Ib fans is watching that show. I used to read your reviews of Dib every day . 

I have just watched the first 2 eps. , i loved the acting . The character of Fui gave me the vibes of the old same story of indian tv ( which was the reason that i never tried to watch any indian daily soap , before KRPKAB and Ishqaaaz ). The characters of mishti , abeer and kuhu are good and the story seems good , i hope we don't  get disappointed.

DIB was for trolling.I am a fan of Ishqbaaaz with triple 'a'😆
Fui gave me the heebeejeebees and I hate these Hitler cum Mussolini matriarch!
Hriju321 thumbnail
Originally posted by: _charu_

Yes i didnt like her character. She will be very hard to tolerate. But the leads are good . And the other supporting cast. What i .didnt like was too much stress being laid on the background . The singhanias are so useless that they gave away mishti to rajshri? That sounds so stupid. Two,.mishti missing her parents is fine but she is being shown too much depressed due to this . But why? She must have been brought up in a well to do family in a lap of luxury in a very loving environment . And then singhanias and maheshwaris must be in touch with each other. Devyani was this useless, she didnt care to check on her blood? 

Two,.why is kuhu shown so stupid and immature ? How can mishti snatch her family? When kuhu is a step child ? Maheshwaris are not a disoriented family like goenkas. So much resentment between their children is odd..

Its better they focus on the love story rather than family politics . In these two episodes, i found the atmosphere gloomy for no apparent reason...hope its better later..

I loved mishti and abeer btw..and kunal..ketkis parents..and my fav..rajshri..she will make an entry later may be 

I agree. Kuhu is herself illegitimate and she too is not really a part of Maheshwari clan per se,so why this antipathy towards Mishti ? 
Why did Mishti's grandmom send her to the Maheshwari's and not bring her up in the Singhania household? Can somebody enlighten me ?