Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Dev Patel's 'Hotel mumbai' removed from New zealand theaters

Fluffyalexis thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

Dev Patel's movie Hotel Mumbai has been pulled from New Zealand cinemas in the wake of the recent attacks at a mosque in Christchurch.

Starring the Oscar-nominated actor, along with Armie Hammer,  Anupam Kher and Jason Isaacs in pivotal roles, Hotel Mumbai is based on the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks which left more than 160 people dead. It displays the story of Taj Hotel staff that risked their lives to keep the guests and other people safe during one of the darkest days for the financial capital of India.

According to a report by NZ Herald, Icon Film Distribution released a statement saying the film has been suspended from all the New Zealand theatres after the Christchurch mosque shootings. Aling with that, the promotional activities and advertising have been stopped for the movie directed by Australian filmmaker Anthony Maras. 

Edited by Fluffyalexis - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Why?

I don't see the connection 

simim thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: BettyA1

Why?

I don't see the connection

I guess becoz it shows Muslim terrorists, and at a stage when innocent ppl were killed becoz of Right Wing Muslim hatred, maybe they didn't want to trigger more ppl or something like that.
Basically let things settle a bit before showing the movie I guess
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: simim

I guess becoz it shows Muslim terrorists, and at a stage when innocent ppl were killed becoz of Right Wing Muslim hatred, maybe they didn't want to trigger more ppl or something like that.
Basically let things settle a bit before showing the movie I guess

Okay. But how is the killer right wing? 

The causes dear to him as explained in his manifesto are all Left-Wing causes

He talks about iimmigrants overpopulating the earth and destroying the Environment 

He said the nation with the closest political and social values to his own is The People's Republic of China

He wanted to achieve removal of gun rights in NZ and US

(The guy is from Australia... Goes to NZ to perform this heinous act in order to create chaos and division in USA according to his manifesto )

He talks about increasing minimum wage and furthering unionization of workers

So how is this Right Wing
Edited by BettyA1 - 5 years ago
Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

He talks about iimmigrants overpopulating the earth and destroying the Environment

He said the nation with the closest political and social values to his own is The People's Republic of China

(The guy is from Australia... Goes to NZ to perform this heinous act in order to create chaos and division in USA according to his manifesto )

may be nz uses US cars lol
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
What rubbish... There is no connection apart from both incidents being similar in nature and hatred... Black deeds against humanity
MainHeroineHoon thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I don't feel that anything is wrong with not releasing it. The attack took place just some days ago only. They want to keep peace and it's not the right time for this movie. That's it.
nigahen thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Bravo! 

OT, But why. I should think the movie is kinds relevant isnt it.
MoonOrchid thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
 So because it was an attack on a mosque they've stopped it?
 But  what if it was a terrorist attack on normal citizens or some Indians? Would they have stopped it? Hmm 
 What BS.
 A  movie is a movie is a movie.

Just cause there was an incident  with a mosque they stop- how many terrorist  bombings there have been weverywhere? Did any  movie from a muslim country or by muslim actors  got stopped?
 Let cinema  be cinema and politics and terrorism be dealt  with justice and law.
, Cinema is   not law or such.
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Politically he probably wasn't because he said he didn't like Trump as a policy man or president. But he did recognize Trump as someone who stood up for white identity. I believe he also had some white supremicist slogans on his machine gun. He didn't kill 50 people over political disputes. He killed them because he saw immigrants who were people of color as a threat to a white nation.

As for cancelling the movie, it might be a simple case of just showing sensitivity. I could be wrong but I think this is a first massive terrorist attack in New Zealand. The entire country is reeling from this and trying to come to terms with it. A movie where 160 people get killed over someone or some groups' ridiculous ideology might be opening everyone's very fresh wounds.