Why is Jodhaa Akbar now mistaken as SLB film?

Posted: 5 years ago
I feel sad for Ashutosh Gowariker. He directed an amazing historical 'Jodhaa Akbar'. This film is a classic hit in Bollywood. Its on par with Mughal E Azam.

Jodhaa Akbar was ultimate inspiration of royal films SLB made later Bajirao Mastani and Padmaavat even if he planned those many years ago. Even Jodhaa Akbar was planned much earlier.

SLB even mentioned 'Jodhaa's name in Bajirao Mastani in a scene when Mastani was going to Bajirao's house.

SLB even copied Jodhaa's style in his film Padmaavat for Padmavati. . Akbar's style in both Bajirao and Ratan Singh. Padmavat's last fight scene between Ratan and Khilji was copied from Jodhaa Akbar's climax scene between Akbar and Sharifuddin .

Now Ashutosh is not given credit for Jodhaa Akbar and Jodhaa Akbar is mistaken as SLB film. 😲

Edited by Mugda - 5 years ago
People want to create an illusion that mediocre SLB is the father of historicals.

I don't think anyone mistakes it with a SLB  movie?? Well, I hope not !

Maybe more that because  JA was in the 'styling' of 'Devdas'  (as in they both are 'period dramas' one being an actual historical.. but  both have beautiful costumes?)... people associate AG with SLB?

Do you mean because people compared Alia with DP in BM/PV instead of Ash in Devdas/JA? That, also, I think it's because people know how many statements KJo  did about him being 'obsessed with SLB' ( whatever that might mean in his twisted mind).😕
Originally posted by crispsy

People want to create an illusion that mediocre SLB is the father of historicals.

Bingo. ðŸ˜‰
Originally posted by MoonOrchid

I don't think anyone mistakes it with a SLB movie?? Well, I hope not !

Maybe more that because JA was in the 'styling' of 'Devdas' (as in they both are 'period dramas' one being an actual historical.. but both have beautiful costumes?)... people associate AG with SLB?

Do you mean because people compared Alia with DP in BM/PV instead of Ash in Devdas/JA? That, also, I think it's because people know how many statements KJo did about him being 'obsessed with SLB' ( whatever that might mean in his twisted mind).😕

More specifically DP fans compared Alia with Deepu. I bumped into one of the pages and it says Deepu fans posted 15 pages of Deepu gifs 😲
Ashutosh lost a lot of credibility because of Mohenjo Daro so I think most seemed to have forgotten him. And I have never seen members say JA is by SLB except for one thread but people did correct her. 
Who mistakes Jodhaa Akbar as Bhansali's? I didn't know of any such thing? 
Originally posted by crispsy

More specifically DP fans compared Alia with Deepu. I bumped into one of the pages and it says Deepu fans posted 15 pages of Deepu gifs 😲
And if you bothered to check you'd have seen how ridiculous that statement was.
  Gifs were posted by everyone - and  many  were not DP fans.. and I think just one DP fan  posted about 4   comparison things... but not 15 pages lolol🤣

Also  there were other actresses brought in, like Aish, Sara,  and  many others...

Ahh  and I did a full,separate thread, for the teaser.. celebrating the actors/ images.. but somehow people chose to ignore that when trying to go on ONLY about how Deepika is being brought in the Kalank teaser..😆 (I've said it many times.. not even her fan but I feel compelled to defend her cause of the insane bias against her by some... it really is silly at times.. like they are paid to do so or something..like either PR opaid to bash her or to make other bigger..or whatever...).
Edited by MoonOrchid - 5 years ago
Originally posted by Melissaa

Ashutosh lost a lot of credibility because of Mohenjo Daro so I think most seemed to have forgotten him. And I have never seen members say JA is by SLB except for one thread but people did correct her.

Not true. He lost credibility long back when he made that film called Khelein Hum Jee Jan Se.
Originally posted by MoonOrchid

And if you bothered to check you'd have seen how ridiculous that statement was.
Gifs were posted by everyone - and many were not DP fans.. and I think just one DP fan posted about 4 comparison things... but not 15 pages lolol🤣

Also there were other actresses brought in, like Aish, Sara, and many others...

Ahh and I did a full,separate thread, for the teaser.. celebrating theactors/ images.. but somehow people chose to ignore that when trying to go on ONLY about how Deepika is being brought in the Kalank teaser..😆(I've said it many times.. not even her fan but I feel compelled to defend her cause of the insane bias against her by some... it really is silly at times.. like they are paid to do so or something..like either PR opaid to bash her or to make other bigger..or whatever...).

What are you talking about? 😕