Radha Krishna

Prem Preet Pichkari Re | One Shot Writing Contest | Vote NOW!

Koeli thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

"Aiso basant nahi baar baar

Phagoon ke din chaar

Holi Khel Ke mana re

Seel Santok ke kesar gholi

Prem Preet Pichkari Re

Urat gulal, lal bhao Ambar
Barsaat rang apaar re"

-Mira Bai

Hey guys,

Welcome to the voting round of RadhaKrishn Forum One Shot Contest.
Please read the rules before you start voting.

- Vote for only One Story

- The Story is true to the given theme "HOLI"

- You are free to appreciate and post your comments in the thread.

- Make sure that the author and stuck
to Mythological Background and back-story and is not a modern story using Mytho characters.

- Post your votes in the thread by 16th March 2019, 23:59 IST

graphics | Sevenstreaks

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Koeli thumbnail

ENTRY ONE

Holi aayi Prem ka Sawaan Layi!

Holi is the sacred festival of Hindus that remarks the victory of good over evil. Radha was waiting for her dear friend Krishn to apply the colours of love to Krishn when she found Krishn missing. After waiting for him over half of an hour she got fed up and started to complain "what does this Krishn think of himself? I am waiting for him here from a long time and he doesn't care anything about me...let him come i will...i will break our friendship with him. No...no...no..Radha... breaking friendship with him will not help...then...What shall I do? Yes...i will not talk to him. Radha pointed out other girls playing holi and enjoying. Radha got attracted towards them and her eagerness to play Holi increased. Radha's mom asked her "Radha...why are you not playing with your friends?. Radha angrily replied "Maa,i am waiting for Krishn but he is not present here. I searched for him everywhere but i would not find him... Her mom asked her to have patience and be calm and left poor Radha alone. Radha got bored. Finally, she decided that she would not wait for Krishn anymore and start playing with her friends.

Her friends got extremely happy to see her. One of her friends asked "Radha, where were you? We thought u forgot us after be friend of Krishn Radha replied to her friends in a friendly manner "How can i forgot you girls? You are my best friends forever and Krishn is just my friend...best firend and only friend has difference ... yes i know I am late today but what to do I had said Krishn that I will play Holi with him first but he has not arrived yet. Her friends tried to apply Holi colours but they found it mysterious that Radha's face was not affected by the colours infact all those colours vanished in air. They tried to apply again and again but they failed. Radha remembered something...

(FLASHBACK OF THE DAY BEFORE )

Radha and Krishn were discussing about Holika's story. Rahda said to Krishn "listen Krishn,i will not wait for tomorrow for a longperiod of time. So don't get late. Krishn tried to pull her leg "and if i get late then?. Radha replied loudly "then I will start playing with my firends without waiting for you. Krishn sweetly said "Nobody can apply you the Holi colours before I apply you Radha.

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

"Radha...what happened?

"Nothing...actually i remembered something

"oh really what did you remembered?

"leave it ! You all are waiting for what try to apply me the pink colour

"we are trying ... and we are also surprised that why are we not able to apply.

"You all cannot apply the colours to Radha before I apply' interrupted Krishn. Radha gave a eye to him.

"what? What strange?asked Radha's friends in a surprise.

"yes...let me apply some colour on Radha's cheeks then you see...whatever colour you try to apply her it will be applied. Said Krishn. Krishn took a hand full of red colour and applied it in Radha's cheeks. Radha smiled. She also took red colour in her soft palms and applied in Krishn's cheeks.

THE END

ENTRY TWO

On one Vasant Purnima Krishna summoned all the Gopikas to Madhuvan. When they all arrived, Krishna announced, "I want to play a new game!" All Gopikas fell silent, raking their minds to find something He would be impressed to hear.

Radha moved back and forth on the swing, absentmindedly rubbing a champaka petal in her hands. Feeling the residue on her palms she looked down to see that she had extracted some golden-lemony colour from it.

Beaming, she wiped her hand on Krishna's cheek. "What?!" Inquired Krishna. Getting the idea Chandravali quickly wiped off her lipstick and smeared the coral-red on Krishna's other cheek. Krishna had barely raised a finger to complain, when two more Gopis applied some green leaf-extract on his nose.

"Oh I see, " said Krishna, "So this is how you wanna play this?! All of you vivacious maidens against one, helpless young man?! "Backhanded compliments aren't helping you today!" giggled Lalita.

Radha and Chandravali each held one of his hands, while Vishakha and Padma bent down and kissed him on both the ears, leaving the prints of their lips. "Stop, STOP!" Yelled Krishna indignantly, "If we are doing this, we need some rules!"

"Says the man who steals from his home!" Radha rolled her eyes.

"Okay, that's enough," Krishna glared back, "I'll compete with all of you, and I'll throw in a bet!"

"No need to be so smug you know, I'm not losing today!" Declared Krishna.

"If you win I'll let you do whatever you like with me and I'll not complain." Several women cheered and hooted. "But," Krishna smirked, "If you lose, I want all of your clothes!" A wave of shock ripped through as Krishna sniggered, "Aww, did I scare you little girls?! We can always play hide-and-seek you know?" Radha glared at him, "Big talk, Mister; I accept your challenge!" Chandravali nodded, her nostrils flaring, "And you, Lord Megha-varna, better hide your inky face before we start smearing it with amber and scarlet!"

Krishna immediately broke into a run weaving through the women throwing colours at them to hide himself. Radha clicked impatiently, "He's smarter than all of us put together! We can't afford to lose our clothes!"

"Smart move, thinking after the bet!" Mocked Chandravali. Radha opened her mouth to retort but Tungabhadra stopped them both and whispered, "I have a plan. Long back I had obtained a mantra from a Rishi by which I can make Krishna come to me. Here's the deal- I'll lure Krishna close to me, while all of you can close in on us. Then we can hold him in till he gives up. In return, I will decide what we will do to him after this!"

"Better than going home naked," agreed Chitra, "Radhe please!" Begrudgingly Radha agreed.

Soon enough they had Krishna pinned against a Tamala tree. "Okay, okay I give up!" Said Krishna, "Just don't try to kiss me all at once- I'm ticklish!" He pleaded.

"Ohh, the bravest warrior of Vrindavan lost to simple Gopikas?!" Vishakha teased him. Lalila smiled charmingly, "Vishakha! Don't berate the young man! Kanha don't listen to them, so what if you lost?! We'll have another round!" Leaning over, she mock-whispered, "This time, I'll make sure you win! So what if we lose on purpose, at least he'd win!" All the Gopikas cheered while Lalita kissed Krishna on the nose, while Radha pecked him on the cheek.

Tungabhadra stepped forward, "Okay, sakhis, here's what we're going to do. We'll colour him like the fair maidens he just lost to! Bring all the sandalwood paste that you have, and we'll have some fun!" Krishna made a face, and whispered something about a revenge later.

Sudevi and Rangadevi carried in a bucket full of sandal paste. Counting from three they emptied it over Krishna while all the maidens clapped and cheered. "Unbelievable!" Squinted Krishna spraying some of it from his hair. Champakalata started applying more paste on his arms while Radha cupped his face and looked at him lovingly. Smeared in different colours, Radha still looked alluring and Krishna finally gave in to the depth of her eyes as the day collapsed, leaving the moon to accentuate the streaks of chandana adorning our dearest Shyaam.

---

Krishna was only tiptoeing into their house at sunrise, when Yashoda caught him by the ear. Whimpering, he cautiously faced her while she began a tirade about him not having returned home the previous night. Stopping short, she staggered back as she took in her sandal-besmeared, swollen-eyed son. "What did you do Kanha?!" She rubbed her hands clean, "Did you put on sandal-paste in order to look more like your Dau bhaiya?!" She asked.

"Yes, that is exactly what happened. " Nodded Krishna.
Edited by Koeli_Appy - 5 years ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

A writer is a writer, no comparison between heartfelt expressions and thought  provoking ideas. Every word and sentence carries immense value because it is someone's precious child. A writer is a creator who infuses life with a few moments of labour pains! With due respect to both writers and expressing my immense love for both --

Entry --2

Edited by Viswasruti - 5 years ago