Posted: 5 years ago
Pari said today that mishti's life was always perfect and in a way she is right. 
Mishti was on the right side in the great war of silsila, her mother was flawless, her popsie was legend..She was always on the victim's side and in the end everything was in her favour.

Pari lost her mom and after that she had to heard all the bad things about her mom.She knows that her mom and buddy did wrong and she is bearing the burden of wrong doings on her shoulders..everything is right now but still she must be very disturbed..

At at the last character building and storyline is very weak yar...koi plot set hi nhi karti gajra.

Sometimes i feel they are gaining sympathy points for pari just like they did with nandini and after sometime when ruhan's attraction for mishti will be gone, he'll be with pari...Aneri ko hero last me hi milta hai😆  

mishti would have left veer with guilt in her heart, then ruhan would fall for pari and mishti will get back with veer again...

Firstly, Mishti's life was never perfect. It's just that Pari perceives it as perfect. Mishti might have been on the right side, but who said that being on the right side is easy.  Pari's and Nandini's battle have been depicted so far. But I feel Mauli's hasn't been explored in great detail and Mishti's struggles have not been explored yet. 

Before I state my points, I agree 100% that Nandini and Pari suffered. But that doesn't mean Mauli and Mishti didn't as well. Mauli's mom is a typical example of society. Single, divorced women don't have it easy in society- people constantly question their character. When Mauli was betrayed by Kunal, people blamed her too. They said she didn't dedicate enough time to Kunal etc. This is really typical of society. What makes you think Mishti didn't grow up hearing Mauli being mocked by society? According to society, Mishti's biological father wasn't there. Fatherless kids get mocked too by society. Just because it wasn't depicted, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Mishti also saw her mom suffering due to Kunal's betrayal. And when she finally attained a stable and happy family, it was taken away from her. 

This is my biggest problem with Silsila, besides the depiction of EMA. That Mauli's and even Mishti's struggles were underplayed. They fought their own battles too, but it's never shown in detail as it was shown for Nandini and Pari. 

As of now, they are hinting at the past's effects on Mishti like her idea that love is commitment. I really hope they explore the past effects in greater detail. Like Pari, Mishti suffered equally too. Mishti's battles too shouldn't be ignored.
Edited by LiveLifeHonest - 5 years ago
Originally posted by Kavyaaa

Pari said today that mishti's life was always perfect and in a way she is right.
Mishti was on the right side in the great war of silsila, her mother was flawless, her popsie was legend..She was always on the victim's side and in the end everything was in her favour.

Pari lost her mom and after that she had to heard all the bad things about her mom.She knows that her mom and buddy did wrong and she is bearing the burden of wrong doings on her shoulders..everything is right now but still she must be very disturbed..

At at the last character building and storyline is very weak yar...koi plot set hi nhi karti gajra.

Sometimes i feel they are gaining sympathy points for pari just like they did with nandini and after sometime when ruhan's attraction for mishti will be gone, he'll be with pari...Aneri ko hero last me hi milta hai😆

mishti would have left veer with guilt in her heart, then ruhan would fall for pari and mishti will get back with veer again...

I actually disagree with the statement that Mishti has a perfect life. Rather, Mishti has made the best of what was handed to her, whereas Pari is just victimizing herself. All 3 kids lost their parents at a young but Mishti and Ansh are still happy with their lives. Also, even though Pari lost Nandini, she had Mauli and Ishaan. They both treated her the way they treated Mishti. No one in the family has mistreated Pari because of her parentage. Dida and Radhika always loved her as their granddaughter, Mishti always loved her as a sister, and IshaaLi always loved her as their own daughter, so her life and Mishti's life have been pretty similar.

I also don't think it's bad for her to know what her parents did. She clearly forgot all that Sweety and Sandhya said to her so she would've found out about their affair later on. I think she should know that what her parents did was wrong, they shouldn't have cheated on Mauli, period. All in all, I would say Pari has lived a good life, no one in her life has made her feel bad about the actions of her parents other than Sandhya and Sweety once, which again she forgot. So she seriously needs to stop victimizing herself.
Originally posted by LiveLifeHonest

Firstly, Mishti's life was never perfect. It's just that Pari perceives it as perfect. Mishti might have been on the right side, but who said that being on the right side is easy.  Pari's and Nandini's battle have been depicted so far. But I feel Mauli's hasn't been explored in great detail and Mishti's struggles have not been explored yet. 

Before I state my points, I agree 100% that Nandini and Pari suffered. But that doesn't mean Mauli and Mishti didn't as well. Mauli's mom is a typical example of society. Single, divorced women don't have it easy in society- people constantly question their character. When Mauli was betrayed by Kunal, people blamed her too. They said she didn't dedicate enough time to Kunal etc. This is really typical of society. What makes you think Mishti didn't grow up hearing Mauli being mocked by society? According to society, Mishti's biological father wasn't there. Fatherless kids get mocked too by society. Just because it wasn't depicted, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Mishti also saw her mom suffering due to Kunal's betrayal. And when she finally attained a stable family, it was taken away from her. 

This is my biggest problem with Silsila, besides the depiction of EMA. That Mauli's and even Mishti's struggles were underplayed. They fought their own battles too, but it's never shown in detail as it was shown for Nandini and Pari. 

As of now, they are hinting at the past's effects on Mishti like her idea that love is commitment. I really hope they explore the past effects in greater detail. Like Pari, Mishti suffered equally too. Mishti's battles too shouldn't be ignored.

Mishti and mauli suffered badly and there is no doubt in that but here i am talking about internal disturbance...

Mauli's strength and struggle can never be forgotten, her good deeds i
Are matter of proud for mishti..

Mishti's life is perfect because she don't have regrets...regrets make you much more  miserable, mauli used to suffer because she thought she did something wrong in her marriage but in the end she felt she did great and that's how she took a happy decision for herself

Originally posted by Kavyaaa

Mishti and mauli suffered badly and there is no doubt in that but here i am talking about internal disturbance...

Mauli's strength and struggle can never be forgotten, her good deeds i
Are matter of proud for mishti..

Mishti's life is perfect because she don't have regrets...regrets make you much more  miserable, mauli used to suffer because she thought she did something wrong in her marriage but in the end she felt she did great and that's how she took a happy decision for herself

What makes you think Mishti doesn't have internal disturbances too? She may not have regrets, but she has lots of self-doubts too. And self-doubts debilitate one immensely. Pari grew up knowing that her father and mother had a loving relationship. She might not have had a mother, but Kunal showered her with love. But Mishti found out that her biological father cheated on and left her mother. Though she managed to see a loving and stable relationship through MauHaan, there will always be a constant doubt in her. Whether the man she's marrying is a Kunal or an Ishaan? Whether her spouse too will do the same to her (as Mauli-Kunan had a loving relationship till the EMA)? Mishti, as a child, also felt rejected by Kunal. That leaves one with a scar, a sense of inadequacy. We saw bits of that in child Mishti. As I said, since Mishti's internal disturbances haven't been explored, people think she doesn't have any. When she clearly does.
Edited by LiveLifeHonest - 5 years ago
Mishti did have a perfect life and perfect family.  Ishaan was in her life since she was 2 so it's pretty clear that she never lacked the love of a family, she had Mauli, Dida, Radhika and Ishaan. 
Pari said that she never saw her mother so in her early years, her buddy was the only person she had in her life.. 

Later Mishti and Pari spoke about their perfect family, Mishti got her perfect family ie Mauli, Ishaan, Dida, Radhika and Pari but Pari didn't get the perfect family she wanted ie Buddy, Mauli, Dida, Radhika and Mishti..

Moreover Mishti was only 5 when Ishaan and Mauli got married, I don't understand what pain did Mishti see in Mauli's marriage considering Mauli was happily married to her popsie since she was 5

In Pari's case, she got to know the truth of Nandini and Kunal's betrayal in worst possible way and she had to live with this guilt, next thing her father lost his memory, then she couldn't even tell him anything about what Sandhya did because Sandhya blackmailed her into thinking that she is the reason for her father's illness 

We don't know when exactly Their parents died so won't comment on that but the fact that Pari's mom doesn't even get a place on the wall must be painful for the child, Nandini was wrong but so was Kunal, no compulsion on forgiving Nandini but at least they should have considered feelings of Pari 
Why would Pari say that? None of the children including Pari have had a perfect life. They have all lost their parents so young. How can their life be perfect ?
Originally posted by FruitToasty

Mishti did have a perfect life and perfect family.  Ishaan was in her life since she was 2 so it's pretty clear that she never lacked the love of a family, she had Mauli, Dida, Radhika and Ishaan. 
Pari said that she never saw her mother so in her early years, her buddy was the only person she had in her life.. 

Later Mishti and Pari spoke about their perfect family, Mishti got her perfect family ie Mauli, Ishaan, Dida, Radhika and Pari but Pari didn't get the perfect family she wanted ie Buddy, Mauli, Dida, Radhika and Mishti..

Moreover Mishti was only 5 when Ishaan and Mauli got married, I don't understand what pain did Mishti see in Mauli's marriage considering Mauli was happily married to her popsie since she was 5

In Pari's case, she got to know the truth of Nandini and Kunal's betrayal in worst possible way and she had to live with this guilt, next thing her father lost his memory, then she couldn't even tell him anything about what Sandhya did because Sandhya blackmailed her into thinking that she is the reason for her father's illness 

We don't know when exactly Their parents died so won't comment on that but the fact that Pari's mom doesn't even get a place on the wall must be painful for the child, Nandini was wrong but so was Kunal, no compulsion on forgiving Nandini but at least they should have considered feelings of Pari 

I disagree that Mishti had the perfect life. Gajra did not depict it, but think of it practially. In the real world, doesn't a divorced woman get mocked and her character questioned? In the real world, one of Ishaan's relatives would have counselled him against marrying Mishti by pointing out that she's a divorced woman and there must be something wrong with her character. Gajra chose not to show this, but this is what happens in real life. If Mishti wasn't affected by the EMA, why did she have the breakdown she did when she found out the truth?

If you say that Mishti didn't have the maturity to see the pain in Mauli's life, then Pari too didn't have the maturity to understand the concept of EMA when it was explained to her. So what guilt could she have had at that age?

Thirdly, why are we judging love by the quantity of family members? Quality matters. Though Pari might have grown up with only 1 family member, Kunal loved her immensely. If he felt that he was incapable of compensating for a mother's love, he could have always chosen to marry someone else to fill the gap. But he didn't. Because he was confident of filling that gap and managed to. So he didn't marry anyone else.

Till date, we never know what happened after MauHaan's marriage? Mishti could have lived with MauHaan at Ishaan's home while Kunal lived with his mother and grandmother. If this had happened, that means Pari would have received their love and attention too.

Finally, I agree that it is wrong that Nandini's picture was not hung on the wall, when Kunal's was. But that doesn't mean no one cares for her. Just because they didn't accept her mother, doesn't mean they didn't accept and love her. At times, I feel Pari should focus on that as well instead of ruminating over the fact that her mother wasn't accepted. Or at least she should open up regarding this with someone.
Originally posted by LiveLifeHonest

I disagree that Mishti had the perfect life. Gajra did not depict it, but think of it practially. In the real world, doesn't a divorced woman get mocked and her character questioned? In the real world, one of Ishaan's relatives would have counselled him against marrying Mishti by pointing out that she's a divorced woman and there must be something wrong with her character. Gajra chose not to show this, but this is what happens in real life. If Mishti wasn't affected by the EMA, why did she have the breakdown she did when she found out the truth?

If you say that Mishti didn't have the maturity to see the pain in Mauli's life, then Pari too didn't have the maturity to understand the concept of EMA when it was explained to her. So what guilt could she have had at that age?

Thirdly, why are we judging love by the quantity of family members? Quality matters. Though Pari might have grown up with only 1 family member, Kunal loved her immensely. If he felt that he was incapable of compensating for a mother's love, he could have always chosen to marry someone else to fill the gap. But he didn't. Because he was confident of filling that gap and managed to. So he didn't marry anyone else.

Till date, we never know what happened after MauHaan's marriage? Mishti could have lived with MauHaan at Ishaan's home while Kunal lived with his mother and grandmother. If this had happened, that means Pari would have received their love and attention too.

Finally, I agree that it is wrong that Nandini's picture was not hung on the wall, when Kunal's was. But that doesn't mean no one cares for her. Just because they didn't accept her mother, doesn't mean they didn't accept and love her. At times, I feel Pari should focus on that as well instead of ruminating over the fact that her mother wasn't accepted. Or at least she should open up regarding this with someone.

@Bold
I am sorry I didn't get it, when did Mishti have a breakdown? I haven't seen it. 

Only Ishaan's mom was shown, she wanted mauli to cut her ties with Radhika and Dida, they taunted Mauli but it was never in front of Mishti, I don't recall any episode where they showed Mishti being uncomfortable about Mauli's divorce, Mishti's turmoil was always about having Ishaan in her life and she got Ishaan as her father.

Mishti has seen her mother's happy marriage, before that she had Ishaan since she was 2 years old, she always believed that Ishan will marry Mauli so that pain of EMA was never a part of Mishti's life. 

Pari was too young to understand but she was told in clear words that her mother betrayed Mauli aunty, you have to watch the episode where Sandhya and Sweety broke the news to her, they didn't spare her a thought after that she was kidnapped and her father was shot, then when they found her father Sandhya blackmailed her to save her ass saying she is responsible for her father's illness.

The perfect family thing was a promo, it was a big part of S1, where everyone spoke about their perfect family. Mishti and Pari did too, so I think today Pari was referring to that Mishti got the perfect family she wanted and Pari did not 
Originally posted by Sabhayata

Why would Pari say that? None of the children including Pari have had a perfect life. They have all lost their parents so young. How can their life be perfect ?
exactly...both girls have had troubled childhoods  and suffered due to their parents or more specifically fathers deeds...mishty was abandoned by her biological father ...remember how troubled she was when he came back into her life ..and Mauli and Ishaan only got married when she was six years old,.but then they died when she was still young...leaving a little baby brother that she thought she must take care off,..Mishty is troubled ,..she tries to be a perfectionist and please others rather than herself ,..this is not a good trait..yes you can be selfless but not to the point of giving up your happiness ...so mishty has a lot of issues..as for pari she got to know early in life that her father and mothers deeds were not accepted by society and by her family,..remember sweety and sandhyas talks..and even in radhikas house her mother is a nothing ..never mentioned..so sadly both girls have issues ..they are not normal happy carefree young Women ..they have a lot of baggage and it's affecting the way they lead their lives...e.g. Mishty priobably Chose  veer because he's perfect and reliable and wont cheat or let her down ..so he's more like ishaan rather than Kunal ..but maybe she doesn't love him..whereas Mauli did love Ishaan..and pari on The other hand wants to stay away from all men because her buddy cheated both his wives ,.the first one he left and the second one he let her be belittled by society ..he didn't give her the proper status of malhotra bahu  and help her be accepted in society..