Chat Clubs

TrollBaaaz Corner#39(Invites Only) - Page 119

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

This content was originally posted by: naadanmasakalli

yup it looked like final episode to me too btu then to think of it it kind of have reached the end too for sure i'd like to see more of them but then ab agar milke bhi broken hi hain to idk .teh whole idea was how they completed each other ab dobara breakup karke toh extend hi karne wali baat hogi but then because i liked them a lot if they can show it with something different their afterlife i would love to see it and yes baarish was long and in comparison this feels small btu then i have a feeling they really didn't had any plan for baarish2 toh left it at the bitter sweet end and it was an entire serial then popular ho gaya kaafi toh no they are making it again. i just hope it lives upto that. 

I feel like there is still more left to show with them despite the happy confession at the end of this season. The lesson isn’t that they were broken before and when they get together, they will instantly heal. The lesson seems to be that they are broken people who are in the process of healing each other. There is still so much baggage they are yet to work through.

At the end of season 1, Veer was still grappling with his confusions over moving on from Alina. Before that got properly resolved, he impulsively jumped to trying to confess to Sam...and ultimately got rejected cuz she wasn’t ready and timing was wrong. There was still the whole issue of Sam having overheard him say that he doesn’t respect her cuz of how she was with Kartik and that’s why he doesn’t love her. Also him talking about the difference between Sam and Alina to Ishanvi. He never really managed to properly tell Sam that he didn’t mean any of it. This is why that left a scar on her for season 2 also and she kept fearing he will also turn out like Kartik. His own blunders in handling things in his paagal over Debbie phase didn’t help either. Lol 

And then season 2 was all about escapism and denial from both Sam and Veer. They tried to pour their emotions into other people in their lives but it was all in desperation and felt forced and artificial. They still haven’t really managed to talk through that and address their baggage. Veer needs to talk to Sam and explain why he said the things he said in his denial and escapism. Sam shared with him that she fears the intensity of what she feels for him, the way it takes over her completely....but they still need to talk about why she compared him to Kartik, what she may feel about him comparing her to Alina that day, her probably wondering if he respects her even if he says he loves her.

I also got the sense in some scenes that Sam thought Veer liked weak girls like other guys did....like Kartik did....she was so messed up in the head in her confusions and bitterness in season 2. Veer tried to tell her that what drew him to her was how real she was....not how strong or weak. I still dunno if Sam fully understood that....lol....she lost her sense of realism when Veer left....despite the fact that she said no to him, somewhere she still expected him to be in her life ....I guess she was hurt he left....they both need to understand each other’s emotions and abandonment issues better. 

All this needs to be talked though without them constantly going through crisis and separations😆. First two seasons were about them finding their way to each other. Aage ki story would be about how they actually handle a REAL relationship with each other. There will definitely be issues given the kind of messed up personalities they both are. Lol and the whole premise of the series is that they are messed up but still beautiful somehow. Lol 

I guess season 3 would depend on audience demand. Lol otherwise even this much story was good no doubt :) 

Baarish toh deffo deserved a second season. Yes, I hope it lives up to the first one too despite the fact that it will likely be stuffed with side characters ka psycho drama. Lol 

Edited by AreYaar - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: soapsuds

Happy holidays folks! Enjoy your trip back home Fary. Thanks for making the new thread. :)

Reading your reviews about Broken but Beautiful. Wondering whether I should watch. But I don’t have Alt Balaji subscription. Am not sure whether it’s worth getting one. Pehle with just Netflix and then Prime it was easier but ab sabke apne apne streaming platforms hai. Can’t subscribe to all. 🤔

Happy Holidays to you too, Biraj! 

Re: Broken but Beautiful...I think you might like it. Give it a try if Fary has sent you the link. Veer and Sam grow on you and the emotional complications and angst are well enacted. 

And then there is the Shivika deja vu as Fary said. Lol 

soapsuds thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: AreYaar

Happy Holidays to you too, Biraj! 

Re: Broken but Beautiful...I think you might like it. Give it a try if Fary has sent you the link. Veer and Sam grow on you and the emotional complications and angst are well enacted. 

And then there is the Shivika deja vu as Fary said. Lol 

Haan I am planning to watch it. Next 10 days are thoda busy but uske baad I should be able to manage a little time. Tab dekhungi. Fingers crossed :)

AreYaar thumbnail

I’ve been listening to the season 2 soundtrack today and all the songs have grown on me. 

Boureya and Shaamein are sweet in their own way. Atleast original soundtrack hai unlike most bolly movies with their endless remakes and remixes these days 😆

Waise Boureya ke lyrics suit Sam’s feelings for Veer more than Ahaan even though it’s picturized on her and Ahaan....especially the “pyar bin talaash ke hi ho raha” line. 

Waise Sam mostly used Ahaan like a safety blanket. lol was it ever really love? But chalo gaana toh ban gaya 🤷‍♀️😂

Edited by AreYaar - 4 years ago
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

This content was originally posted by: AreYaar

I’ve been listening to the season 2 soundtrack today and all the songs have grown on me. 

Boureya and Shaamein are sweet in their own way. Atleast original soundtrack hai unlike most bolly movies with their endless remakes and remixes these days 😆

Waise Boureya ke lyrics suit Sam’s feelings for Veer more than Ahaan even though it’s picturized on her and Ahaan....especially the “pyar bin talaash ke hi ho raha” line. 

Waise Sam mostly used Ahaan like a safety blanket. lol was it ever really love? But chalo gaana toh ban gaya 🤷‍♀️😂

Same i am listening  to the soundtrack on repeat  for the same reasons ek toh hai hi acha dusra original toh hai. Haha ahaan  was just something she could hide behind basically a lie for her  yes she cared for him but just as a friend isse zyada i never felt anything she was just taking him for granted  throughout and i feel like she never took his feelings  into serious consideration deeply either  yeah he expressed his love and she felt bad kind of way said ok fine yes that was her escapism too as we know but dis she ever really really took his love seriously like veer's nope. Even when she said no to him the first time she still felt the entitlement that he loved her & confessed to her which is why it bothered  her when she accidently saw him with ishanvi she felt the right on his love too even if she has refused him you know what i mean ahan toh  collateral damage ban gaya beech main but atleast he loved her too unlike debbie 

AreYaar thumbnail

I found a nice review for season 2: 

Broken but Beautiful Season 2 review: Harleen Sethi, Vikrant Massey make love messier — and even more intriguing

Karishma Upadhyay

Dec 03, 2019 11:14:37 IST

Language: Hindi 

A long time ago, Phil Collins’ mama supposedly told him, “You can't hurry love, you'll just have to wait” . As clichéd as it sounds, truer words could not have been spoken, or sung.

Broken but Beautiful Season 2 review: Harleen Sethi, Vikrant Massey make love messier — and even more intriguing

A still from Broken but Beautiful Season 2. YouTube

At times though, it takes two people a long time to accept what is staring them in the face. There are circumstances, there is bad timing, and sometimes, it is just a matter of listening to your head over your heart, something we are all guilty of most of the time. These are tropes that have been exploited by the romance genre for eons, be it films or books. What then, sets one romantic story apart from another? It has to be a personal connection for the reader or viewer, with the story being told.

When Broken but Beautiful surfaced a year ago, we were introduced to two broken people helping each other heal. The characters were messy and flawed but one shipped them anyway. They were two people with sizzling chemistry, who are meant to be together but life always gets in the way. The much-awaited sophomore season of the show has more of the same but with enough twists and turns to keep you cursing Sameera and Veer. And the minute you find yourself going, “What the hell is wrong with these people,” you know you are hooked.

This season opens to Sameera (Harleen Sethi) and Veer (Vikrant Massey) 625 days after we last saw them. He has moved to Bengaluru to get a fresh start, learning to make wine. And surprise, surprise... he has also found love with Debbie (Anuja Boma Joshi), a sommelier and his business partner. 

Sameera, in the meantime, seems to have finally gotten over her toxic obsession with her ex (Jitin Gulati). She has red highlights in her hair, a new therapist (Mukul Chadda), and an even newer outlook to dating and relationships. She gets reunited with an old school friend Ahaan aka Mushroom (Gaurav Arora), who is besotted by her. 

As the season progresses, it almost seems like Sameera and Veer have exchanged personalities in the time they have been apart. He does not understand moderation, and loves too much. Debbie feels smothered in their relationship but Veer is so perfect in every other way she does not say anything to him. At the other end of the spectrum is Sameera who is seemingly afraid to fall in love again, and is overly cautious about letting anyone into her life. When she gets a whiff of things getting serious with Ahaan, her instinctive reaction is to bolt. Ahaan has his work cut out for him. 

Just as you think that our almost-a-couple has moved on from each other, fate (and some good writing by Reshu Nath) brings Veer and Sameera back together. Sparks fly when they are together in the same room but there is no ignoring the fact that they are now in relationships with other people. And once again, you are left wondering, ‘Will they or won’t they?”

The storytelling is contemporary with buzzwords like ghosting, self-love, and me-time thrown in for good measure. The characters have ‘cool’ jobs, like event planning, pub-running, and wine making. What makes the show relatable, though, is how it handles messy relationships between people, and even messier situations. It takes almost getting married, mixing alcohol with anti-histamines, and a phantom pregnancy, for one half of this star-crossed couple to realise what they have is love but it might be too late.

Vikrant expectedly delivers a powerful performance, but it is Harleen’s performance that really catches one’s eye during this season. She has grown as an actor, and delivers a great rendition of a woman struggling to come to terms with what she thinks are toxic levels of attraction. Gaurav and Anuja are great additions to the show while the rest of the support cast is impressive. The other thing that gives this show uniqueness is its original music. Soulful and contemporary, songs like 'Boureya' and 'O Saajna' have no shelf life, and a certain timeless quality about them. 

Broken but Beautiful is a great example of why streaming content is forcing its way onto more screens as people break away from the jaded television fare they have been subjected to over the past three decades. 

Broken but Beautiful Season 2 is produced by Sarita Tanwar, and directed by Harsh Dedhia. It is now streaming on ALTBalaji and ZEE5.

Rating: ***

https://www.firstpost.com/entertainment/broken-but-beautiful-season-2-review-harleen-sethi-vikrant-massey-make-love-messier-and-even-more-intriguing-7726161.html

AreYaar thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: naadanmasakalli

Same i am listening  to the soundtrack on repeat  for the same reasons ek toh hai hi acha dusra original toh hai. Haha ahaan  was just something she could hide behind basically a lie for her  yes she cared for him but just as a friend isse zyada i never felt anything she was just taking him for granted  throughout and i feel like she never took his feelings  into serious consideration deeply either  yeah he expressed his love and she felt bad kind of way said ok fine yes that was her escapism too as we know but dis she ever really really took his love seriously like veer's nope. Even when she said no to him the first time she still felt the entitlement that he loved her & confessed to her which is why it bothered  her when she accidently saw him with ishanvi she felt the right on his love too even if she has refused him you know what i mean ahan toh  collateral damage ban gaya beech main but atleast he loved her too unlike debbie 

Exactly....she basically hid behind Ahaan...he was initially an escape, then she grew comfortable with his companionship but she was never invested in him with her true self....that Sam she had locked away. She is generally a caring person and he's an old friend that she obviously cared for but it was never really more than the love for a friend....that's how she treated him....but he was so blind in love, he was happy with even the scraps of affection he was getting from her. 

Basically he was in the same spot as Sam was when she was with Kartik....so desperately in love that all self respect is gone as long as you get some little affection from the one you love.....and she only realized this later.....even then, her way of tackling it was again wrong.....instead of honesty, she chose more lies to try to spare Ahaan short term pain....not realizing how much of a long term mess she was creating. 

Isiliye toh Broken hai bhai😆.....show ka title bhi toh justify karna tha😆

Ahaan was a sweetheart for sure.....Debbie toh was mostly about ego....she liked Veer but she wasn't really honest with him about many things....and ultimately instead of admitting to her own issues with him, she twisted the whole thing into painting herself as a victim of his cheating....ego issue ho gaya na....ki how could any guy cheat on HER....lol she couldn't really tolerate the fact that Veer loved the mystery girl enough to protect her after everything.....Debbie ka ego was hurt more than any real love for Veer.  I liked her in some scenes but her overall super bitchy attitude was quite grating by the end.....

Waise if they do a season 3, how much do you want to bet they will get Ahaan and Debbie together? 😆

Aur abhi toh woh P and Debbie ke bhai ki so called love story bhi pending hai😆

LOL IF won't let me type her name🤣

AreYaar thumbnail

And we're done😆

On to the next CC:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5133685

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
bworm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Hi guys. How has everyone been.

Loved the gifs shared in the previous pages.

Have not had a chance to watch any shows recently, so have been catching up on updates only.

Happy Holidays Fary....Enjoy holidays and desh.

So miss shivika...