A&P Short OS : Choices

Share
Posted: 11 months ago
Just a random shot on what can be called a better presentation of the current scenario:
CHOICES


"Aur eii hai Delhi ka sabse famous chauraha - Gandhi chowk", Choubey's secretary blurted in his characteristic North Indian fashion. Anurag Basu turned his face away and took a deep breath. This was where he was - at crossroads. 


Kolkata

"Prerna! Tere naam ki do chitthiyan aayin hai", Veena called her out. Swiftly tapping down the staircase, Prerna jogged across the hallway to collect them.
She bolted the door of her room and excitedly opened the first one. 

Miss Prerna Sharma,
We are pleased to inform you that you've been selected for the post of Marketing Executive at the MUMBAI branch of our company.
Kindly mail us back the acknowledgement receipt (attached) with your due signature.

Regards, 
Manager, 
L&T.

Prerna made a face. Mumbai branch? No, she couldn't leave the city. Ofcourse, Anurag would never let her relocate. Infact, he himself would want to shift the Basu Publications Head Office and she would have to convince him not to do so.

She giggled, thinking about all the faces he'd make.

She flung the offer letter and opened the next one.

It was from Anurag.
She was a bit surprised. Maybe a love letter?

She quickly tore the seal and carefully removed the handwritten paper.


Dear Prerna,
Ah, finally. I'm able to talk to you. Last few days have been crazy. Crazy enough to let my head spin with all sorts of thoughts. 
I might be far far away by the time you get this letter. Yes, far. Quite literally and unbelievably. 
It wasn't long ago than we took those promises of love. Ah, what fantasy.
But life isn't fair, is it? Baba is in coma. Basu Publications in severe debt. Basically everything that isn't alright.

Prerna's heart raced up. She picked up her phone with trembling hands and dialled his number.

No, don't call me up. I won't pick up. Maybe I don't have the guts to face you nor the heart to hear your dejection. 
As a move to save our company and Dad's promises, I'm marrying someone else. A rich lady perhaps who can shell out money, enough to solve my problems. And yours too.

Prerna was shocked enough to be rendered totally speechless. She kept reading on.

Baba told me you and your family is my responsibility. Even if he wouldn't have, I've always taken you to be my responsibility. And I couldn't have failed you or my own self. I know, you would say let's figure out something but I can't. Can't this time. And maybe our love isn't reason enough to let my own family go astray on the streets. Yes, I sound like a defeated pessimist but everyone has weaknesses and you know mine. Can't let Maa face another shift of problems for a lifetime. 

And I also know I've been deciding for both of us all this while. But I've little choice. Oh, for the word choice.

So here's it - I am choosing to safeguard my business and our families. I know it hurts but let me remind you, you're the strongest person I know. You'll face it all. 
What of that job? Did you get it? 

Having said this, I assure you that my heart, soul and self will forever remain yours only. No matter what compromises I make, I'll always be yours. You're my first and last love.

Prerna wiped away the tears rolling against her cheeks. Yes, life was unfair and it'll always be. One had to move on and take decisions. She opened the drawer and fetched a pen. She picked up the letter lying down on the floor. 
With shaking, unwilling hands, Prerna signed the Mumbai offer letter. Her lone tear blotted the dotted lines.

I know you'd be strong enough to look after everyone. I guess Shivani can manage work and family here whilst you earn in Mumbai. 

She scanned the copy and pressed the send button.

Always remember, I'd be forever there with you, if not in flesh and blood, but always in good spirit and memories. 

Prerna closed her eyes and felt a tap on her shoulder. He caressed her face and kissed her forehead. 

And here's my Credit card for you. No, don't lock it right away. If not me but this would always stand by you.

Prerna shook a vehement no initially but then decided to keep it in her safe.

For the first time ever, I do pity my luck and life. 
Love you, with all my heart.

- Your Economist and boring Padhaaku.

He had made his choice and she had to make hers.

...

"Anurag!", Komolika greeted him as he got out of the car. He was at one of the most lavish and extravagant hotels of Delhi, for his engagement party. Since Choubey's political party was largely located in Delhi, they'd decided to keepa pre wedding function there.

She extended her hand to grab his.
He carefully put his palms in the coat pocket and marched ahead, without looking at her even once. 
As he looked at his side, he felt her walking along with him, hand in hand, strong and beautiful. 

...

Big smile
Edited by Mishti_Dahi - 11 months ago
Posted: 11 months ago
Originally posted by Mishti_Dahi


Just a random shot on what can be called a better presentation of the current scenario:
CHOICES


"Aur eii hai Delhi ka sabse famous chauraha - Gandhi chowk", Choubey's secretary blurted in his characteristic North Indian fashion. Anurag Basu turned his face away and took a deep breath. This was where he was - at crossroads. 


Kolkata

"Prerna! Tere naam ki do chitthiyan aayin hai", Veena called her out. Swiftly tapping down the staircase, Prerna jogged across the hallway to collect them.
She bolted the door of her room and excitedly opened the first one. 

Miss Prerna Sharma,
We are pleased to inform you that you've been selected for the post of Marketing Executive at the MUMBAI branch of our company.
Kindly mail us back the acknowledgement receipt (attached) with your due signature.

Regards, 
Manager, 
L&T.

Prerna made a face. Mumbai branch? No, she couldn't leave the city. Ofcourse, Anurag would never let her relocate. Infact, he himself would want to shift the Basu Publications Head Office and she would have to convince him not to do so.

She giggled, thinking about all the faces he'd make.

She flung the offer letter and opened the next one.

It was from Anurag.
She was a bit surprised. Maybe a love letter?

She quickly tore the seal and carefully removed the handwritten paper.


Dear Prerna,
Ah, finally. I'm able to talk to you. Last few days have been crazy. Crazy enough to let my head spin with all sorts of thoughts. 
I might be far far away by the time you get this letter. Yes, far. Quite literally and unbelievably. 
It wasn't long ago than we took those promises of love. Ah, what fantasy.
But life isn't fair, is it? Baba is in coma. Basu Publications in severe debt. Basically everything that isn't alright.

Prerna's heart raced up. She picked up her phone with trembling hands and dialled his number.

No, don't call me up. I won't pick up. Maybe I don't have the guts to face you nor the heart to hear your dejection. 
As a move to save our company and Dad's promises, I'm marrying someone else. A rich lady perhaps who can shell out money, enough to solve my problems. And yours too.

Prerna was shocked enough to be rendered totally speechless. She kept reading on.

Baba told me you and your family is my responsibility. Even if he wouldn't have, I've always taken you to be my responsibility. And I couldn't have failed you or my own self. I know, you would say let's figure out something but I can't. Can't this time. And maybe our love isn't reason enough to let my own family go astray on the streets. Yes, I sound like a defeated pessimist but everyone has weaknesses and you know mine. Can't let Maa face another shift of problems for a lifetime. 

And I also know I've been deciding for both of us all this while. But I've little choice. Oh, for the word choice.

So here's it - I am choosing to safeguard my business and our families. I know it hurts but let me remind you, you're the strongest person I know. You'll face it all. 
What of that job? Did you get it? 

Having said this, I assure you that my heart, soul and self will forever remain yours only. No matter what compromises I make, I'll always be yours. You're my first and last love.

Prerna wiped away the tears rolling against her cheeks. Yes, life was unfair and it'll always be. One had to move on and take decisions. She opened the drawer and fetched a pen. She picked up the letter lying down on the floor. 
With shaking, unwilling hands, Prerna signed the Mumbai offer letter. Her lone tear blotted the dotted lines.

I know you'd be strong enough to look after everyone. I guess Shivani can manage work and family here whilst you earn in Mumbai. 

She scanned the copy and pressed the send button.

Always remember, I'd be forever there with you, if not in flesh and blood, but always in good spirit and memories. 

Prerna closed her eyes and felt a tap on her shoulder. He caressed her face and kissed her forehead. 

And here's my Credit card for you. No, don't lock it right away. If not me but this would always stand by you.

Prerna shook a vehement no initially but then decided to keep it in her safe.

For the first time ever, I do pity my luck and life. 
Love you, with all my heart.

- Your Economist and boring Padhaaku.

He had made his choice and she had to make hers.

...

"Anurag!", Komolika greeted him as he got out of the car. He was at one of the most lavish and extravagant hotels of Delhi, for his engagement party. Since Choubey's political party was largely located in Delhi, they'd decided to keepa pre wedding function there.

She extended her hand to grab his.
He carefully put his palms in the coat pocket and marched ahead, without looking at her even once. 
As he looked at his side, he felt her walking along with him, hand in hand, strong and beautiful. 

...

Big smile


You got me at the first line there LOL
Clap
What an emotional yet gripping one shot. Loved the letter you are such an excellent writer!  I really wish the writers of KZK would peep into the forums and see talent which they clearly don't have Confused

Loved how Onu ignored Komolika she deserved it.  I loved how the letter is in the background as she scans and signs the papers so fascinating and beautiful. 

Thank you for posting such a beautiful shot!  Keep it up and a big hug to youHugHeart

Love 
-R 
Posted: 11 months ago
this os was pure love ! and this is how we show a seperation !Cry and the letter had all my mind blownSmileamazing update ! loved this write up ! and your ECONOMIST , i just felt the pain ! amazing 
Posted: 11 months ago
This made me damn emotional, and what something I expect but definitely not at the cost of AnuPre...pls...! Do write more and make everyone here feel good...
This a an amazing morning with such a wonderful OS...Embarrassed
Posted: 11 months ago
beautifully written 
Posted: 11 months ago
Originally posted by PrincessRitz29




You got me at the first line there  LOL
Clap
What an emotional yet gripping one shot. Loved the letter you are such an excellent writer!  I really wish the writers of KZK would peep into the forums and see talent which they clearly don't have Confused

Loved how Onu ignored Komolika she deserved it.  I loved how the letter is in the background as she scans and signs the papers so fascinating and beautiful. 

Thank you for posting such a beautiful shot!  Keep it up and a big hug to youHugHeart

Love 
-R 

Thankyou so much Ritz!

Yeah, the idea is so amazing but the portrayal is absolutely shit. So I attempted recreating it. So glad you liked it!

Thanks once again! :)
Posted: 11 months ago
Originally posted by nancy56


this os was pure love ! and this is how we show a seperation ! Cry and the letter had all my mind blownSmileamazing update ! loved this write up ! and your ECONOMIST , i just felt the pain ! amazing 

Thanks a lot!

I too wanted to feel the pain and not just raise questions about the plot LOL

Glad you felt it!
Embarrassed
Posted: 11 months ago
Originally posted by HeshineHarsha


This made me damn emotional, and what something I expect but definitely not at the cost of AnuPre...pls...! Do write more and make everyone here feel good...
This a an amazing morning with such a wonderful OS... Embarrassed

Thankyou so much! So happy to read this!Embarrassed

Related Topics

Topics Author Replies Views Last Post Reply
The Choices We Make - A Ficlet

IAdoreYou   16   3282

IAdoreYou 16 3282 5 months ago IAdoreYou
opsora2090 76 19468 7 days ago opsora2090
Thank You Much To The Short Circuit

opsora2090   17   2897

opsora2090 17 2897 2 months ago opsora2090
PreRish Short OS : PUBG 😝

Grey-licious   35   2693

Grey-licious 35 2693 3 months ago 7APK
Wo kon thi? (Prerish short OS)

Aavnii   9   1808

Aavnii 9 1808 4 months ago Chahat_A_Doshi

Topic Info

  • 12 Replies
  • 1680Views

Topic started by Mannmohanaa

Last replied by Mannmohanaa

FORUM QUICK JUMP

TOP