CID will be back soon

Posted: 5 years ago
Hi Friends
I have read a news that CID will be back soon. Kind read the below mention link reg same and give your opinion 

https://www.bhaskar.com/bollywood/tv/news/tv-show-cid-will-come-back-with-the-new-cast-and-new-format-01489749.html
Yeah but most likely with new actors. It won't be the same.
Should we believe that the original team just vanished in thin air? Are they still solving cases in a parallel universe? If yes...then for how long? The legendary team deserved a proper closure. 
The article is so badly written...Daya Shankar Shetty? 😕.
It doesn't look credible. 
They are also talking about a lower budget. I don't think this is true at all. Some writer just wanting to create some ripples. That's it. 
Originally posted by visrom

The article is so badly written...Daya Shankar Shetty? 😕.
It doesn't look credible. 
They are also talking about a lower budget. I don't think this is true at all. Some writer just wanting to create some ripples. That's it. 

I think they took a series of older articles and just mashed them together.
Originally posted by Metis

I think they took a series of older articles and just mashed them together.

But in the older articles, it was only a speculation. Here, the director and the actors speak themselves about confirmed news. A reporter can't just write off anything and say someone else said that. And Bhaskar is a good source, generally. 

I think we'll just have to wait and see. Even if the news is real, the wait is still going to be long. The old crew must have found new jobs and I wonder how easy it is going to be to find new people work for a show that is not even supported by the channel without a grudge, has no idea if it will be aired that week or not.

Originally posted by 23Diya

But in the older articles, it was only a speculation. Here, the director and the actors speak themselves about confirmed news. A reporter can't just write off anything and say someone else said that. And Bhaskar is a good source, generally. 

I think we'll just have to wait and see. Even if the news is real, the wait is still going to be long. The old crew must have found new jobs and I wonder how easy it is going to be to find new people work for a show that is not even supported by the channel without a grudge, has no idea if it will be aired that week or not.

That's true. Here they have proper quotes from actors. Who knows. Maybe Sony is thinking of bringing it back. Their weekend line-up has been doing well for them. Maybe they think CID's return will help them.
They could bring it back in the form of a finite series...like the succeeding season of Adaalat.
Originally posted by Metis

That's true. Here they have proper quotes from actors. Who knows. Maybe Sony is thinking of bringing it back. Their weekend line-up has been doing well for them. Maybe they think CID's return will help them.

I have no idea what's going on with Sony anymore except Kapil Sharma show. And even that is not a regular watch. We almost left Sony out of our subscription pack. Now I think keeping it might be worth it if CID came back. But only if they didn't change the core cast. Otherwise I'll not be the same. Even when the show's quality was sinking, it was the cast who kept attracting the audience. And I think we'll never truly know what Sony thinks about CID. *sighs*
Originally posted by Wistfulness

They could bring it back in the form of a finite series...like the succeeding season of Adaalat.

I agree. That way they will be able to plan the stories well before shooting. And I also hope they keep it once a week. The quality deteriorated dramatically the last time they made it biweekly.