CID

Farewell...my journey and a short tribute to DAYA!

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi! My name is Shruti.

I've been a member of this forum for years. In 2010, at 13 years of age, I posted here for the first time. My first post was a silly comparison poll that got shut by the DT and left me red-faced. Long years have rolled since then. I know that the forum would be shut now that the show no longer graces our screens. Hence it was important to bid a final goodbye to a wonderful discussion forum that has been such an important part of my finished years. Since the time I joined, I took an active part in the creative corner, hosted contests, won some, created DS's birthday threads and ATs, posted an excess of pictures featuring him, and went euphoric at each single glimpse. At times I felt that the members weren't that absorbed in discussions when it came to DS. This led to certain conflicts and offenses. I registered subtle (and sometimes not-so-subtle) protests on certain occasions and kept quiet on the rest as I was concerned about what others would think about me if my deed caused ripples in a forum otherwise famous for lack of fan-wars. Thankfully, none of those conflicts happened to be long-lasting.

Being misanthropic and an introvert in real life, initially I couldn't adapt to the online world and avoided posting much. Gradually my reluctance subsided and I became active in the forum and even made some friends. Fleeting time took most of them and I can barely tell you how much I long to restore those comforting friendships.

Regarding my journey with CID, it began in 2010, with my classmates discussing how brilliant and captivating the show was. I wasn't a devoted viewer of any show then. In fact, a crime show with recurrent mention of the word laash' sounded too gory for my highly sensitive taste. However, having nothing to watch, I stumbled upon CID more than a few times until Beherupiya' re-run wedged my devotion and calmed my fickle-nature. The last scene illustrating Daya's lifelessness on the bed tormented me to such an extent that I ran into the other room and wept. What followed was a re-run of another episode in which I saw that he was alive and well. Unfortunately, that another' re-run wasn't Lapata Ladkiyaan and Sony's negligence left my 13-year-old self muddled with tears, heartache, and anxiety. At that point nothing short of LL could alleviate my heartache.

This was the beginning of my journey with CID. Though I watched the recent episodes too, I was more engrossed in the Classic Cases re-runs. Those episodes have an aura one can scarcely remain unaffected by. I quit watching the show regularly around 3 years prior to its closure. But the news of its sudden closure gave rise to a sea of old memories and I sobbed.

CID is over! It didn't take me long to come to terms with it. But, thanks to the efforts of some of our members, we have access to most of the episodes.

Thank you all!

Farewell, and fare well!

Edited by Wistfulness - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wistfulness thumbnail

^^I made it 6 years ago when I was still a newbie in such stuff. It's his smile that makes this ordinary avi so worthy. "Man on the Bus" is particularly famous for this one scene...and rightfully so.

^^ Ah! The famous Lichi scene...immortalized by Daya's unbelievable good looks. 

^^ The admirable naughtiness...

^^ The lovable duo...

^^ Effortless charm and innocence...

^^ I often wondered how could he look so handsome in a moustache...

^^ Even "Best trio ever" would be an understatement...

^^ Daya in JJKN. I used my amazing investigative skills to locate the exact episode of a show I had zilch idea about. ðŸ˜†

^^ Again...exceeding all bounds of handsomeness...

^^ Daya in a K-serial. Phir se investigative skills. This K-serial had 1000s of episodes and I used my skills to locate the relevant episode no. ðŸ˜†

^^ Cute is synonymous to his name...isn't it?

^^ He is a charmer...

Wistfulness thumbnail

^^ How could I miss this one? 
Wistfulness thumbnail
What the devil is happening? The page looks ridiculous and I can't view the first two posts. ðŸ˜•
Oh! It's fixed...
INSTIGATOR thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

ðŸ˜³
Edited by Kabiraa - 5 years ago
Wistfulness thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kabiraa

ðŸ˜³