Arakshi SS : Happiness & Chances ---- Part # 10 Page - 11

Posted: 5 years ago

Banner (c) Marathi_Mulgi

"Life is about Trusting your Feelings, Taking Chances, Finding Happiness"

Part - 1

Sakshi met Arjun quite by accident one afternoon when he sat down on a park bench across from her in Town Square. This was where she often ate her lunch,usually sandwich with coke, or salad, before returning to work as a publicist at Kapoor and Kapoor, Publication Office.

Three days earlier, Sakshi and her fiance, had celebrated their fourth anniversary together at the same place where they had their first date. It was a tradition they both enjoyed.

Sakshi and her fiance had a good relation, and though it has its ups and downs, mostly it was a stable... that often left Sakshi with a feeling of restlessness she could n't name.

Many evenings Sakshi would look at him when they met for a coffee, he read newspaper, while she sat across from him reading one of her romance novels and wished he would say or do something like the men in the books she read.

Before they engaged and for two years after, he was more demonstrative, more passionate, however,as the time passed, even though he was thoughtful and affectionate, Sakshi yearning for something more intense swelled in her, and the books she read made her more aware of what she was missing.

He always kissed her goodbye before leaving for his house, a light kiss on the forehead,or on the top of her head when he came her home for dinner. He was dependable and conscientious about house chores, and buying flowers for Valentine's Day and Women's Day.

But it was Sakshi who spontaneously bought flowers for the dinning room table or, for no reason, would light candles at dinner, or initiate going on picnic,or to a movie, or to a park and he would say, "Fine, anything you want dear, is fine with me.

Sakshi wished he would suggest an idea, or initiate activities, but that never happened, and so she end up accepting that this was just the way it is. She resented his dependence on her but ended up swallowing her disappointment and longing.

Sakshi loved romantic movies and often cried and dreamt of Shah Rukh Khan after seeing,"Jab Tak Hai Jaan and secretly wished he was more like him, or Shahid Kapoor in "Jab We Met and realized how foolish she was being and tried accepting him as the dependable, god, kind man he was.

But more and more, when he was busy on his phone, she noticed while thinking or watching tv , and again, she'd sigh, closing her eyes, aware that intensity was missing in her life. Where was the passion and romance that gripped her when she turned the pages in books she devoured?

It was clear they loved each other, but Sakshi no longer felt in love. At twenty-seven, she missed the intensity she felt at twenty-one, the excitement of falling in love, the newness of discovering each other. Though she valued the peace and contentment of having everything she needed, the wonderful family and home, and loving fiance, and an interesting job and no financial worries, more and more she felt the sky was gray when she wanted to see a rainbow.

So, when Arjun sat down on the bench across from her in the park, three days after she had celebrated her fourth anniversary, opened a black covered note book and start writing, she felt a sudden spark that surprised her.

She glanced at him while eating her sandwich. He seemed so intense, writing quickly,concentrating. He occasionally looked at the pigeons strutting and pecking by his feet, or he looked up at the sky as if searching for a word, then immediately he would go back to writing.

She noticed the way he tugged at his short, hairs and narrowed his eyes in concentration.She could tell he was crossing out words by his intense scribbling on the page, shaking his head as if saying a definite "no before he continued writing.

She liked how he oblivious he seemed to be of the people walking past him, the children running or wobbling on their bicycles, or teenagers walking through the park,carrying things, or talking on their cell phones, or texting.Nothing brought his gaze away from the page where he was writing.

She noticed his rimless glasses, his dark black hair was somewhat wild and a rough beard, but still, he had a slightly disheveled look about him, as if not much mattered but his writing. At the same time, he seemed distinguished, scholarly, or artistic, but definitely not ordinary.

For some reason she couldn't take her eyes off him, but then, when he stop writing fora moment and looked at her, she quickly turned away, embarrassed, pretending she had not noticed him, and he went back to his writing.

Even after she finished her coke, knowing she should return to work, she lingered, intrigued by his deep concentration, his passionate intensity. She wondered what he was writing and felt her curiosity growing.

Usually she didn't pay much attention to the people where she sat, but today, the man across from her fascinated her, and she felt the urge to say something to him, to ask him what he was writing, then dismissed that thought,feeling it would be wrong to interrupt him, an invasion of his privacy.

When she got up to return to work, throwing the empty coke-can and sandwich wrap-paper in the trash-bin next to her bench, he looked up at her again and their eyes met briefly, a slight smile on his lips.

He looked down at his writing, then back up at her and smiled again, then placed the pen on the page as a marker and closed his notebook...

Marathi_Mulgi thank you so much for this beautiful banner dear loved it ... 

Edited by Mahaali2905 - 4 years ago
Part 2.

When he looked up at her, she could see his black eyes behind the rimless glasses. His smile surprised her and a sudden thrill rippled through her that made her feel she was blushing. She suddenly felt awkward standing there, her hand on the strap of her handbag, while her heartbeat quickened.

"What are you writing? she asked, quickly adding, "Sorry, that's none of my business.

"Just some thoughts. He chuckled and his face softened in contrast to her the harder, grim look he wore when he was writing.

"You seemed so intense. I was watching you.

"Oh well, I get carried away with my writing. He glanced down at his notebook, patting the black cover then looked back up at Sakshi.

"Well, I better get back to work. I don't want to interrupt you. she said, tightening the grip on her handbag.

"No problem. I was almost finished. Where do you work?

Sakshi pointed to the office building across from the park. "Over there on the third floor in an office.

He looked where she was pointing and stood up. "Mind if I walk you there? I have to stretch.

"If you'd like, that's fine.

He was several inches taller than she originally thought, also much bigger. Again their eyed met as she looked up at him, surprised at his offer, a slight thrill swelling in her that she hadn't felt in a long time.

She noticed his brown pants, and his sports jacket and a black shirt that clashed with the jacket.

"Let's go, he said and placed his notebook in his jacket pocket. She noticed a paperback book in the other pocket. And the tip of a lighter sticking out of the upper pocket.

Neither of them spoke as they walked towards the entrance of the park. It was autumn and the path was littered with brown, yellow and red leaves. He pointed to the leaves covering the grass.

"I Love this time of the year. It's so colorful and I love how summer fades into autumn. He paused.

"Like them he pointed to the older couple passing by us. He chuckled and took a deep breath.

"And the air is so sweet. I like how warm it is during the day and the chilly nights.

"I do, too, Sakshi responded and looked out at the colorful leaves where he was pointing and thought about his comment. She also liked how poetically he spoke about autumn, how responsive he seemed to the world around him.

Suddenly, he left the concrete path and went over to the grass and, gathering a pile of leaves in his hands, threw them in the air over his head and laughed. His actions surprised her, but after a moment's hesitation, she joined him and also picked up a pile of leaves and threw them up in air, letting them fall over her.

He bent down and gathered another pile and threw them up in the air over her and she did the same, tossing them over him, surprised at how playful she felt and laughing at their sudden impulsive tossing, of leaves over each other.

She realized she hadn't done anything like this since she was a child, and here she was at twenty-seven tossing leaves with a stranger.

Brushing the leaves from her hair and shoulders, still laughing, she smiled. "That was fun. By the way, what's your name, if you don't mind my asking?

"Arjun, he said, brushing a leaf off her shoulder. "what's yours?

"Sakshi. She reached out to shake his hand. "I like to know who I'm throwing leaves at.

She felt his strong hands on hers.

"That's very considerate of you. He shook her hand. "Glad to meet you, Sakshi.

"I better hurry. I'm already late. She gripped the long strap of her handbag dangling from her shoulder.

"Sorry for making you late. I just could n't resist playing with the leaves.

Sakshi nodded and continued walking with Arjun beside her, feeling exhilarated by the spontaneous tossing of leaves. It felt strange walking through the park with a man, someone other than her fiance, but enjoyed his presence next to her.

She noticed him looking up at trees overhead then back at her, their eyes meeting briefly. He smiled then looked away as they walked to the park entrance without speaking.

They left the park and stood at the corner, waiting for the light to change. Neither of them spoke, but the silence did not feel awkward, though she was searching for something to say.

"I haven't seen you around here before. Sakshi looked up at him, then at the yellow sign on the traffic light indicating that they should wait.

" And I come here every day for lunch and fresh air

"I'm not surprised because I just moved here few days ago and just discovered this park.

When the light changed, she felt his hand on her back as they crossed the street. Others crossed with them and the sounds of horns and sirens and the loud bustle here at lunchtime made it difficult to have a conversation. People walked in both directions, while Arjun and Sakshi weaved their way toward her office building.

"Well, here I am. She stopped and turned to face him. "Nice meeting you, Arjun. Welcome to the neighbourhood. Maybe I will see you again in the park.

Standing infront of the revolving door of the building with people going in and out, he nodded. "perhaps, you will. i hope we meet again.That would be nice." 

"Well. I'd better get back to work. I m already ten minutes late." She turned and looked at the revolving door then back at Arjun.

"Well, we can't be late for work, can we?" he smiled at her and she sensed his teasing.

"Right, i 'm never late and they're going to wonderwhat happened to me. They would never suspect I was late because I was throwing leaves in the air.

"we should do that more often," he said, a slight smile on his lips.

"Maybe we should. I'd like that." She smiled and looked into his eyes then suddenly realized she was actually flirting with him. "Well, I better get going." she said, after an awkward silence.

"what time do you finish work?" Arjun asked.

"Four-thirty," she answered, surprised at his question, but sensed a mutual interest growing.

"Why?" ...

Edited by maha2905 - 5 years ago

Part 3...(a)

"Well, please don't take this the wrong way, but i think we should have a cup of coffee together, at that little cafe up the street."

"You do, do you?" she responded with a slight smile, enjoying being playful.

"Yes, I think we should, why not?"

"I can think of a lot of reasons why not, but I think I would like that," Sakshi answered and laughed, surprised at herself. She remembered that no one ll be at home tonight and she would be having dinner alone.

"Good." He nodded. "I'll meet you at the cafe when you get out of work. You will recognize me. I'll be the guy writing in his notebook."

"Okay, Arjun. I'll be there, but don't you get any ideas. I'm a happily engaged woman"

"And I'm a happily unmarried man and have no desire to complicate my simple, quiet life. It's just a cup of coffee, no expectations."

"Good. No expectations." She quickly walked away, then turned around and waved goodbye as she pushed the revolving door and disappeared into the building.

next part (b) on page (3) 

Edited by maha2905 - 4 years ago

I m turing this thing into a SS 

so bear with my late updates...

ll post more parts after Ramadan.

Index:

part 1 ...  link

part 2 ...  link

part 3(a) ...  link

part 3(b) ...  https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/151684730

part 4 ...  https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/151751588

part 5 ...  https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/152225372

part 6 ... page 6

part 7 ... page 7

part 8 ... page 8

part 11 page 11

enjoy

Edited by Mahaali2905 - 3 years ago
Wow Arakahii storyyy...
Thanks a lot Maha... 
Coming to storyy it's intrestinggg..
Beautifully written relationship abt sakshi and her fiance..
Sakshi want some intensity in her love life..but in reality she is missing..
Park scene was awsomee
Sakshi ek hee nazar me fidaa hogayee..
Eyelock... 
Unique one dear..
Simply superb..
Waiting for next..
Thank you very much for new story and pm
Edited by Khushikeepsmile - 5 years ago
thanks maha jaan🤗
after all our pestering to you for arakshi story bear fruit😃

beautiful upate
sakshi is beaing engaged from four years😲
arakshi k love story ka kya hoga
but she missing passion intensity in this relationship with her fiance🥱she wanted him to be enthu, romantic, taking intiative but he became bore

she felt the sky was gray when she wanted to see a rainbow.

q na ho hamara hotwa jo nahi hai samne😛
ohh maha tumne hamare hot headed super cop ko writer bana diya hai😲
but like him in any kind😳
he is so intense!q na ho hotwa jo hai writer hi sahi😛
he smile at her! wow hasa toh fasa!
beautifully described sakshi's state of mind👏
waiting for next
Edited by Marathi_Mulgi - 5 years ago
Wow New arakshi story thank you dear 😳
Story was so awesome ❤️
And interesting 
Waiting for next update 

Thank you for pm😊
Please cocontinue 
Beautifully described sakshi's feelings toward her fianc...
She wanted passion and intensity in her love life
Arakshi's meeting
So unique
I mean it's simple yet very intense
Sakshi suddenly felt spark wow
And finally both of their eyes met... and jadoo chal gaya
Awesome story
Nice start
So many questions
Waiting for next part
Interesting Os
part-1
sakshi's fiance 😲
what about Arjun?
Sakshi met arjun 
Waiting for more
Continue Soon

Edited by Pratyu2102 - 5 years ago
I love every bit of it this is very beautifully written story you described her emotions in a very similar way how we all feel too. thank you much for your os