Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mahaali2905 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Part 3... (b)

While working, she felt energized and especially cheerful when she answered the phone.  “Hello,  KK Publication, Office.” It was her job to answer questions, take care of what she could on the phone before deciding whether the caller should speak to Mr. Rohit Kapoor Mr. Vedanth Kapoor.

She was their girl-Friday(assistant), and she loved being efficient, any information her bosses needed right at her fingertips.

Two other women worked in the office, and she always checked over their work before bringing it to Mr.  Rohit or Mr. Vedanth for their signatures or approval.

Both Priya and Radika were good workers and they all got along well. They often asked Sakshi for her advice on various issues, mostly about men they were dating. 

She envied their slim bodies, the short skirts they could wear—tight but not too tight, just on this edge of appropriate. 

Sakshi liked that they could work efficiently, chat when there was no one waiting, or when both Bosses were away from the office.

Often, they laughed at each other’s witty comments, but still, the office had a professional, relaxed atmosphere.

“What’s up?” Priya asked, when she noticed the smile on Sakshi’s face and the perkier sound of her voice on the phone, or when she asked one of them about the forms they were working on. “You seem different. What’s up?” Priya, repeated. 

“Nothing’s up. It’s just such a nice autumn day.” “Right,” Priya responded, sarcastically, narrowing her eyes and sensing that  Sakshi was feeling something unusual.

“Did something happen at lunch? You were late and you’re never late.” “No, nothing happened at lunch.

I was just enjoying the warm weather and how beautiful the leaves are this time of year,” she said, wondering what they would think if she told them she had been throwing piles of leaves over the head of a man she had just met. 

She almost said something, her excitement brimming over, but hesitated, uncertain, then decided not to, suddenly feeling she wanted to keep it to herself.......

Just then Mr. Rohit opened his door and asked Sakshi for the Verma's draft file. “I’ll bring it right in,” she said, turning away from Priya and going to the filing cabinet.

As she searched the files, Sakshi knew that Priya was right, something was different. She found herself glancing at the clock, noticing it was two-thirty and she would be meeting Arjun in two hours.

Marathi_Mulgi thumbnail

thanks for update maha

nice update

sakshi's office environment is nice one

and priya realised something unusual and changed in sakshi

so sakshi is going to meet arjun again

her co. is publication house and he is writer!

waiting for next update

please don't gayab this time.

Edited by Marathi_Mulgi - 4 years ago
Zoonishlessness thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
very good story I like it pls continue
Mahaali2905 thumbnail

Part - 4

She retrieved the file and closed the filing cabinet drawer, glancing at  Priya and feeling light hearted as she walked into Mr. Rohit’s office.

Later, when she walked into the busy Café and saw Arjun at the rear table writing in his notebook, she took a deep breath, swallowed and made her way through the narrow space between tables, determined to enjoy a cup of coffee, or a glass of cold drink and nothing more.

Still, she could not deny that this was such an unusual thing for her to do, and she tried controlling the fear and excitement that was rising and causing her to tremble. 

She swallowed another deep breath as she got closer. Arjun glanced up just as she approached the table and closed his notebook on the pen and greeted her.

“Well, here you are. How was your afternoon at work?”  “Work was fine. How was your afternoon?” Sakshi asked, as she took the seat across from him. 

“Fine. I went back to the park and continued writing then went back to my apartment which is actually just two blocks from here, before coming here to meet and get to know you better.”

“Oh, you live nearby. You said you just moved in, isn’t that right?” “Yes, a few days ago,” he said, sounding almost as awkward as she was feeling. “So what would you like, coffee or a glass of cold drink?”

“I should probably have coffee, but I think I would like a glass of soft drink.  I haven’t had one in a long time.”

Maybe that will relax me. What am I doing? “Soft drink it will be. I will have a glass also.” He looked up to see if the waiter was nearby then turned back to her. 

“So, you said you’re happily  engaged.” “I am,” 

Sakshi, replied, nodding. “Very happy. 

Marathi_Mulgi thumbnail

Beautiful update but short one

So sakshi met arjun again and having soft drink instead of coffee! is he changing her taste?

He shifted near her office few days ago! So when he is inviting her at his place?

Is she really happy with her engagement?

Waiting for next update longer one

Gold.Abrol thumbnail

Beautiful part 

Loved it

Thanks for the PM

Continue soon 🙂

Mahaali2905 thumbnail

hayee yeh bhi update karna hai ufff......

kohi read karta hai nai so no more updates...

Mahaali2905 thumbnail

Part - 5 

I have a wonderful fiance . We just celebrated our third- anniversary two nights ago.”

“Nice, very nice, I don’t meet many happily committed people.”

“Well, we are,”  Sakshi repeated, wanting to believe what she was saying, but knew she was polishing an old apple and hoping it would still taste delicious.

“Were you married?”  Sakshi asked. “Yes, I was married for Five years to a smart, talented woman who unfortunately died a little over two years ago. Actually, she was in a serious car accident and was killed instantly. Thank God she didn’t suffer.”

“Oh my, that’s terrible. That must have been a shock.”

“It was, though I have to admit, ours was not a happy marriage.” 

“Too bad.”  Sakshi nodded, her eyes and scrunched eye brows expressing sorrow.

“Yes.”  Arjun shrugged. “It was one of those unhappy marriages where neither of us could make a move to divorce, so we existed in the same house, though not the same bed.

Still,when I got the news she was killed it was such a shock. I felt terrible, sorry that she was gone, her life ripped away and out of my life without the chance to resolve our problems, not that they could have been resolved. 

Then I felt ambivalence. I was suddenly free, and yet, a part of me missed her. I had a hard time with so many confused, mixed feelings.

Five years is a long time. I think that underneath our problems, I loved her more than I realized, but bitterness made it impossible to feel anything like love while she was alive.” 

He took a deep breath and looked down at his notebook and touched the cover. “Sad, isn’t it?”  Sakshi nodded and was about to respond when the waiter came over and asked for their order, which Arjun gave to him quickly, frowning and seemingly irritated at being interrupted.

When the waiter left,  Arjun continued.  “I have to admit I cried at the funeral and felt sad and lost for days. You know, the suddenness of the change, the emptiness in the house, so many mixed feelings, her clothing and remnants of her life everywhere around me, photographs of us when we were in college and madly in love, but within a week or two I was fine.

In fact, I felt relieved and happy to realize I was free and life had other possibilities now that I was no longer married.” He paused and leaned back in his chair, sighed deeply then smiled. “But that was then and this is now.” 

“Right.” Sakshi nodded and looked at the smile on  Arjun's face, the twinkle in his dark eyes. “Still, it must have been hard losing someone after all those years together.

I can’t imagine how I would feel if something like that happened to Sameer. That’s his name, my Fiance. We’re very close. He’s my best friend.”

“Well, it sounds like your situation is a lot different than mine. Like I said, it felt like I was starting a new chapter of my life. I sold my house about a year ago, made a little money, but not as much as I should have because of the economy, traveled, had a few short affairs without feeling I was cheating, now that she was gone.”

“A few affairs,”  Sakshi repeated, hesitating. She wondered what it must be like to be free and have other relationships, suddenly remembering how she had been thinking about what it would be like to have the kind of excitement she read about in her romance novels and how she felt when Priya and Radika told her about the men they were dating.

Not to mention how freely they talked about their care-free lives, even describing how so and so made them scream.

“Did you cheat when you were married?” She finally asked, surprised at her own boldness.

Arjun smiled, nodding, “Yes, and I suspect she did too. I mean, we went  months without making-love to each other.”

Stunned by  Arjun’s bluntness and the use of that word, one she never uttered, although Priya  and Radika did, she nodded and felt a twinge of excitement.

“I suspect you’ve never cheated, but have you ever thought about it?”  Arjun asked, looking into  Sakshi’s eyes. 

Fortunately, the two cups of Coffees were placed in front of each of them, giving  Sakshi the chance to think how to answer  Arjun’s question. She glanced up at the waiter, a young man with a thin mustache and a small goatee.

She then looked back at Arjun when he thanked the waiter. He turned back to Sakshi, their gazes meeting, a slight smile on his lips. “So have you?” he asked, seeing her hesitance.

“I don’t know.” “Yes, you do, but you're embarrassed to admit it.” Sakshi  was again stunned by his bluntness. She looked at her cup of coffee, placed her fingers around the handle , thinking about his statement, but also wanting to propose a toast.

She was delighted when Arjun picked up his cup ,raising it to hers and smiling. “To Autumn, season of misty fruitfulness and blossoming friendship. ”When their cups clicked, he added, “That’s part of a line from Keats.” 

“I’ll drink to that,” she said,clicking his cup before taking a sip. She noticed that when  Arjun took a sip, he looked into her eyes over the rim of his cup, causing a tingle to rise in her, the same feeling she’d had in the park when she first looked at him.

At the same time, her breathing stopped, catching in her throat, and she wondered what was happening to her. “You haven’t answered my question,”  Arjun said, putting down his  cup.

“Oh, right, your question about cheating. Am I too embarrassed to admit it?”  Sakshi took another sip of coffee, not sure what to say, and could feel  Arjun waiting for her answer.

“Yes, tell me, I want to know.” He smiled slightly. “I would never want to hurt  Sameer,” Sakshi answered.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to be continued.......

Marathi_Mulgi thumbnail

thanks for update

at last you updated this one

but yeh mat bhulna you have to still update Halloween night

beautiful update

so sakshi met arjun again

yuhi mulakat hoti rahi toh pyar ho jayega😉

ohh sad arjun's wife is dead in accident but he fill free now

and arjun and sakshi are different she is committed while arjun is carefree!

so coffee with arjun! nice to read arakshi in different way

and their conversation! sakshi is confused about her feeling for fiance and her life! and arjun's questions making her think on it.

waiting for next update

Edited by Marathi_Mulgi - 4 years ago
Arakshi234 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Well awesome update 

I like hot coffee and Arakshi conversation 

This is so different Arakshi story 

Different Arjun different sakshi and so crazy  🔥🔥🔥🔥loved it ☺️

what sakshi  answer 

Sameera you means our sameer???

Edited by Arakshi234 - 4 years ago