Tujhse Hai Raabta

I ha decided to stop experimenting if Tujhse Hai Raabta had not worked

altgr thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Thursday, 07 Feb, 7.47 pm

I had decided to stop experimenting if Tujhse Hai Raabta had not worked: Producer Sonali Jaffer

Tujhse Hai Raabta, the family drama show on Zee TV produced by Aamir Jaffer and Sonali Jaffer's banner Full House Media has stood the storm and has blossomed into a daily that garners great adulation and popularity.

In the BARC ratings released today (Week 5 of 2019), Tujhse Hai Raabta stands tall with a TVR of 2.9, thus becoming the top fiction daily show and also the numero uno show on Zee TV!!

Quite an achievement this, for the show which started off with the concept of a mother and daughter whose relationships were as complex as it could get.

It will not be wrong to say that Tujhse Hai Raabta has turned out to be a winner from being considered as the underdog, amidst big shows that had immensely popular actors and great scripts.

We hear that the team is excited and jubilant on achieving this feat. In fact the team will also gather later today at the Producer's house to celebrate the occasion in a small way!!

We at IWMBuzz.com found it important to congratulate the Writer cum Producer of the show, Sonali Jaffer who took time out to talk to us about this feat.

Says Sonali Jaffer, "Anything that has a good story garners eyeballs. I think a mother-daughter story is something that everyone relates to. Mostly there are more women watching television and such a concept bonds everyone's hearts. The pitch point was just correct."

Sonali compliments her cast and tells us, "We have a fab group of actors. Also, all are very committed to the project. There have been times where they have edged me on. The last time I saw something like this was when I was writing for Yeh Hai Mohabbatein. I always feel that when actors are involved, it will give you an additional edge. All our actors Sehban, Reem, Poorva . everyone up to Savitaji are so very enthusiastic."

Ask what this achievement means to her and her team and she states, "As a Writer though, this is not the first time this has happened to me (smiles). I always look at myself as a Writer of the show. I just happen to be the Producer's wife. I don't know whether I can take any credit beyond the writing part. Yes, it is a good feeling. I have always tried to give something different. It has been appreciated many a times and has not been appreciated on few occasions. So there have been times when I have felt that I am sticking my neck out unnecessarily. I have felt that I am trying to find different subjects while I can get into the usual formula. There have been people telling me that I had to stick to my strengths and stop experimenting. I had told myself that I will stop experimenting if Raabta did not work. So thankfully, viewers did not let me down."

On future plans, Sonali Jaffer quips, "I don't want to take on too much work. I will take stuff only till the point where I can enjoy it. We are doing for the first time a one hour format, weekender on &TV (Shaadi Ke Siyape). It is a project we are excited about. It is a comedy genre. I am trying to do one thing at a time."

Coming back to Raabta, what can viewers expect? "When we launched this show, we envisioned it with a thick story line. So I don't think we are going to run out of story anytime soon. Above all, all our characters have been appreciated. So it is not that we cannot play tracks on anybody. Even the smallest family characters have resonated. I love writing family shows as I truly believe that a show is not about one person or a couple. There is lot more than it. This excites me. Of course, the romance is yet to happen in the show. So this is just the beginning."

Talking about Reem Shaikh, she states, "Reem being so young understands emotions really well. I am so impressed with her. She performs well and it seems so real. Mother and daughter bonding is easy. But being a wife and mother are totally new to her which she has not experienced in real life. She is surely a talent to watch out for."

On the gathering today, she exclaims, "Nothing great. This is yet another Thursday. Friends will get together. But this was to happen irrespective of the ratings."

Before bidding adieu, she tells us, "Now it is up to us to maintain the ratings and surge ahead too."

Here's wishing the team of Tujhse Hai Raabta all the very best!!

Edited by altgr - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Honestly, even though I like the show, I don't really call it experimenting. The show only shot up in ratings when they brought about the regressive track of kalyani being framed, forced into marriage as a punishment and being punished and tortured by her husband who misunderstands her. Does that sound familiar? Yes, because almost all indian serials have this same track at some point. The ratings is high only because this show conformed to the same content that always brings in ratings for trp aunties. Sorry, but this is the truth. The only reason I'm watching is because I love sehban-reem's pairing, otherwise the story is like every other serial and super regressive.  Edited by sammy17 - 5 years ago
Joy_C thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I agree that the storyline is more or less similar in every shows at some point of time but the thing that has actually acted in  favour show'ss success is it's PRESENTATION.
-They haven't drag any track till now, inspite of getting good trps ( unlike other shows where they can stretch a track like anything and they even forgett what the actual plot was..h)hh

-Other thing is,theyy have sticked to the original plot which was about a 'mother-daughter raabta' and have successfully played its part in convincing audience that it isn'nt Like any other show

Apart from this there are many beautiful RAABTA.❤️

--As Sonali ma'am said, the unexpected twists and turns have always amazed the viewers and it's good pace is like a cherry on the top.

--We should not forget the fact that there were no big namesa a(actorsss)associateddd with the show and the production house is also not a famous one,soo it was an underdog during the launch.
-And how can we forget that 8:30 slot is one of the most competitive slot with leading show like Kullfi and TMKOC always doing well in trps. Inspite of those THR took its own time to make its place among audience. So it's highly commendable👏

There are other factors too like there's no loud BG music, no OTT makeups and many more...
Good acting and direction are the base of the show.
So for a non TV viewer like Me, who doesn't have time for daily shows, these things have worked in favour and till now I'm glued to it.

P.S. I know you too are a viewer of the show and have given ur feedbacks which I respect, buttt my post is for everyone who always try to question on success of the show without even watching.
I'm a terrible writer but couldn't control my emotions so tried to highlight few points.

ThePhilosopher thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sammy17

Honestly, even though I like the show, I don't really call it experimenting. The show only shot up in ratings when they brought about the regressive track of kalyani being framed, forced into marriage as a punishment and being punished and tortured by her husband who misunderstands her. Does that sound familiar? Yes, because almost all indian serials have this same track at some point. The ratings is high only because this show conformed to the same content that always brings in ratings for trp aunties. Sorry, but this is the truth. The only reason I'm watching is because I love sehban-reem's pairing, otherwise the story is like every other serial and super regressive.

You are not wrong to view this show as the way you do. We all have a unique perspective that intends the world we live in and to what it has to offer. However, I think that it can be called experimenting, something you oppose against. You see, experimenting is not about bringing entirely new extraordinary ideas. Something no one has done before. I suppose, it does depend on what you take an experiment to be. I believe that taking old ideas and presenting it in a new manner is a form of experiment. Consider, at university level when we write essays we often use some old established ideas and present it in a new way adding our own perspective and presentation. Similarly, in TV shows this is common. Yes, there are some regressive content like getting married because of a blackmail. Having a husband who misunderstands and tortures etc are circumstances that has been exhausted and glorified on television. But, is it not true that a lot of people go through similar situations. Just differently, I believe. Likewise, Tujh Se Hai Raabta isn't claiming it's fame on the fact that it is a brand new idea that no has touched up on before, but rather that it has taken up on presenting situations we are accustomed to seeing generally in a different manner. For example, in a lot of shows female lead usually misunderstand their husband too, in this show Kalyani did not. She was understanding and patient. whereas in many mshows it takes months of dragging before any crucial truth come out to make an impactful twist, this show does not wait. It manages to keep unfolding. Having said all this, still you are not really wrong to say that the ratings reflect the idea that it is because the viewers are used to seeing such portrayals. But, the truth is that we are not in fact used to seeing it like we do with this show. Like someone has said, it is perhaps the presentation of this show that is working well. Of course, the actors are acting well too.

I always see the show as touching upon on several plot lines. For example, while they are continuing to justify the growing relationship between Anu and Kalyani, they have managed to bring in the idea of educating women, regardless their age, while at the same time slowly growing the bond of Kalyani and Malhar and also, turning Kalyani into a responsible and understanding young mother.

Understanbly, you may not see all of the other aspects that make this show one of high quality, but this cannot be said for many of us. Since a lot of us focus on the difference of the show from others, rather than what is similar.

Keep watching and posting though! Would love to see the forum ranking in the top 5 😉

Kind Regards,
IbbyEdited by ThePhilosopher - 5 years ago
scorpia0211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
As long as less of saas drama and not too much of dragging i am ok for shows and raabta a mother - daughter relation till now has been shown beautifully by the writer.
Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: ThePhilosopher

You are not wrong to view this show as the way you do. We all have a unique perspective that intends the world we live in and to what it has to offer. However, I think that it can be called experimenting, something you oppose against. You see, experimenting is not about bringing entirely new extraordinary ideas. Something no one has done before. I suppose, it does depend on what you take an experiment to be. I believe that taking old ideas and presenting it in a new manner is a form of experiment. Consider, at university level when we write essays we often use some old established ideas and present it in a new way adding our own perspective and presentation. Similarly, in TV shows this is common. Yes, there are some regressive content like getting married because of a blackmail. Having a husband who misunderstands and tortures etc are circumstances that has been exhausted and glorified on television. But, is it not true that a lot of people go through similar situations. Just differently, I believe. Likewise, Tujh Se Hai Raabta isn't claiming it's fame on the fact that it is a brand new idea that no has touched up on before, but rather that it has taken up on presenting situations we are accustomed to seeing generally in a different manner. For example, in a lot of shows female lead usually misunderstand their husband too, in this show Kalyani did not. She was understanding and patient. whereas in many mshows it takes months of dragging before any crucial truth come out to make an impactful twist, this show does not wait. It manages to keep unfolding. Having said all this, still you are not really wrong to say that the ratings reflect the idea that it is because the viewers are used to seeing such portrayals. But, the truth is that we are not in fact used to seeing it like we do with this show. Like someone has said, it is perhaps the presentation of this show that is working well. Of course, the actors are acting well too.

I always see the show as touching upon on several plot lines. For example, while they are continuing to justify the growing relationship between Anu and Kalyani, they have managed to bring in the idea of educating women, regardless their age, while at the same time slowly growing the bond of Kalyani and Malhar and also, turning Kalyani into a responsible and understanding young mother.

Understanbly, you may not see all of the other aspects that make this show one of high quality, but this cannot be said for many of us. Since a lot of us focus on the difference of the show from others, rather than what is similar.

Keep watching and posting though! Would love to see the forum ranking in the top 5 😉

Kind Regards,
Ibby

I agree with the comment previous to yours that the show doesn't drag like some which works in it's favour and also they've still stuck to the original plot of the mother-daughter relationship. I will be happy then if the recent spoiler of kalyani wanting to get anu married is true as I would find it highly progressive for this to be shown. All in all, this show is still better than other shows on zee right now in my opinion plus the looks of the characters are not over done so much like other shows too, but just I don't find it to be so unique story wise or content wise, but I do agree with you on the shows presentation being better than others.