Behir FF - Starting Over Again Ch 7 upd new - Page 2

Posted: 4 years ago

Hey Sara ji you've been missing for quite some time. Still busy with school? 

Chapter 7

The following week Mahir returned to work and Bela's mom, Prerna, drove down to help with the kids. Bela was more than happy with the arrangement. She was petrified of staying home alone with the kids; last weekend's incident was still fresh in her mind. Meera and Dhruv were overjoyed to stay home with mom and grandma. Bela was also happy to spend time with her mom. She took pleasure in learning which of her childhood behaviors were mirrored in her children.

Bela's relationship with Mahir was slowly moving away from awkward smiles and glances. She no longer tensed under his touch. As a matter of fact, she was beginning to yearn for it. For instance, every time Mahir returned home from work, he would find her, wherever she was, and plant a soft kiss on her cheek. The first time he did it, she'd flushed from head to toe. But now it was a more than a welcomed gesture she anticipated every day. Even with two kids climbing on him, demanding his attention, he wouldn't think to hesitate giving her a kiss.

The week had been going well, until Prerna needed to return home Thursday night, leaving Bela with the kids the whole day on Friday. Dreadful thoughts suffocated her, as unconceivable scenarios played in her mind. What if they got hurt?What if I lost them? But what she feared most was Mahir seeing she wasn't capable of caring for them. Her flaws had been masked by her mother's presence, but now it would all be stripped off.

Afterthey'd gone through the bedtime routine Thursday night, Bela sat on the couch, circling her arms protectively around her knees. Her gaze was distant, focusing on the pictures frames on top the coffee table.

"You'll be fine," Mahir said, entering the living room and taking a seat next to her on the couch.

"I don't know… It's just so sudden," she said, unclenching her arms circling her knees. Mahir took the chance to put his arm around her. "I'm not ready."

"You are….We can call the daycare."

"No…it's just…" Bela trailed off.

"There is nothing for you to be scared of," Mahir said, placing a stray curl behind her ear. "And you know I'm just a phone call away."

"Yeah…still…You understand right? I just can't take it if …" Bela shook the thought out of her head.

Mahir gathered her to him, gently lifting her chin with his index finger. "I know. The first time we brought Meera home,I was terrified. You had done all the freaking out before and it was my turn. I was completely scared. She was this tiny," Mahir mimed with his hands."What I'm saying is that it's okay to be scared."

"I guess…. "

"You can do it."

"I can do it." She said it more to herself than to Mahir. I can doit.

Mahir pulled himself up from the couch and extended his hands to Bela. "C'mon, You've got a big day tomorrow."

Bela let out a half-hearted chuckle. "Yeah, I do."

Upstairs, they went their separate ways—unwillingly. Mahir's feeling towards Bela was no secret, and she knew it. How couldn't she? It was palpable. The guy married her, had two kids with her, and stuck around after all that had happened. And Bela couldn't deny their obvious connection. Everything felt new and fresh, yet comfortable and natural. But she still needed time and space and…him.

……………..

The next morning Bela was up early, too anxious to sleep. She went downstairs and filled the teapot with water and placed it on the stove. She really liked this tea Mahir kept in stock in the house; it was fruity yet minty at the same time.Bela also turned on the coffee machine, dumping some into the filter and filling it with water —Mahir liked coffee in the morning. She waited to hear the whistling of the teapot, but in the meantime heard Mahir's footsteps descending the stairs.

"Good morning," Mahir said, stretching his long arms above his head.

" Good morning."

"You're up early." Mahir said, stifling a yawn.

"Yeah, couldn't sleep." Bela pulled her sweater tighter around her.

"Still thinking about today?" Mahir asked, pulling a chair next to her.

"A little…" The teapot began whistling and Bela got up, filling her World's Best Mom mug with the hot water. She then walked over to the cabinet, retrieving two small tea bags. "You know, I really like this tea."

"You do?" Mahir feigned surprise.

"Yeah ,Mahir. I do," She teased.

They heard the floor creak just above them—the kids were up. "I'll get them." He said making his way up the stairs. Bela sat, looking intently at the teapot.

Bela was lifted from her daze when Mahir returned with Meera and Dhruv. "Goodmorning there." Bela said kissing their sleep creased faces.

"G'mornin 'mamma," Meera said, stifling a yawn.

"'Mornin'," Dhruv mumbled.

"Are you guys hungry?"

"I have cereal?" Meera asked, pointing to the red box on top of the fridge.

"Yep,"Bela said lowering them to their seats.

"Where's Gramma?" Meera asked, noticing Prerna not at her usual spot.

"Grandma had to go home Meera, "Mahir said, helping Bela with the cereal bowls.

"It's only us today," Bela said, pouring the milk.

They ate their breakfast entertained by Mahir and his renditions of the cookiemonster. The kids were amused to no extent, but Bela feigned a smile, picking at her breakfast—she was too anxious to eat. A queasy feeling sat at the pit of her stomach hindering her appetite. Today was just too important for her to take it lightly.

"Okay,"Mahir said, getting up from the table and lifting his messenger bag over his head. "I'm off to work."

"Gosay bye to Pappa," Bela said, lifting Dhruv and Meera from their chairs.

"Buh- Byepappa," Meera and Dhruv said, running to hug his pants' leg.

Mahir bent down to their level, kissing each child. "Be good with mamma, okay?"

"'Kay pappa," they said in unison.

Mahir glanced back at Bela, who stood anxiously twisting her fingers. He walked over to her, and ran his hand the length of arm until his fingers tangled with hers. "You'll be fine,"he assured her. Mahir pulled her hand to his lips, plating a small kiss there."Bye Bela."

"Bye."She smiled feebly.

As soon as the door closed, Bela felt butterflies flutter in her stomach. She looked at the kids scampering around the house and wanted to immediately run after Mahir and stop him from leaving. However, as she looked out the window, she saw him pulling out of the driveway—too late. She walked back to the kitchen, and dialed—unconsciously, Mahir's cell phone number. Shocked, she hung up the phone realizing what she had just done. I just dialed his phone number—by memory.

She paced around the kitchen, picked up a pen and a paper, and began writing several different phone numbers that came to her. She brought her list to the fridge and compared with the numbers listed there. Mahir's cell phone, her cellphone—I have a cell phone?—Seghal's office number, the kids' doctor—theywere all there. Perhaps she had been remembering things. Perhaps her response to Mahir was a memory. She wondered what else she knew—without knowing.

The quietness of her surrounding lifted her from her reverie. She'd learn that it's when it's silent that she really needed to pay close attention to the kids. She walked to the living room and found Meera and Dhruv fiddling with the buttons on the television.

"Do you guys wanna watch TV?" She asked, and both nodded.

She took the remote and pressed the red button. The television came to life right when the Six Flags commercial was on. Bela watched in disgust as the old man danced to the cheesy theme song, and immediately changed the channel. She browsed through the channels, until Dhruv bounced to his feet yelling,"Cif-fod! Cif-fod!"

"Clifford? You guys want to watch Clifford?"

"Yeah,"they said in unison.

"Ok…no jumping on the couch," she said, and Dhruv immediately complied.

She waited until the kids settled, and returned to the kitchen to clean up afterbreakfast. Everything was going good so far—even though it's only been twenty minutes. She picked up the kids' cereal bowls, dumping the leftovers in the trash, before placing in the dishwasher. She also took her mug and Mahir's and placed it with the rest of the dirty dishes. Once everything seemed to be inits place, she returned to the living to peek at the kids, still entertained by the big red dog on the television.

Afterward Bela decided to head upstairs and tidy things up a bit. She went into Dhruv's bedroom and made his bed, as well as picked up a few toys left haphazardly around. She then headed to Meera's bedroom, and chuckled at the clumsily madebed. The comforter was pulled unevenly over the bed and the pillows were messily arranged on top. Bela smoothed the bedding and assembled the pillows in an orderly fashion.

She walked back halfway down the stairs, peeking once again at the kids in the living—still absorbed by the television. She walked back up and headed to the guest bedroom down the hallway. She opened the door and immediately inhaled the wonderful, fresh scent—Mahir's scent, impregnating the entire room. She picked up some of Mahir's shirts and pants left by the foot of the bed and threw the min the hamper. The hamper was becoming full, so she decided to do the laundry.

After a few minutes of sorting the dirty clothes into piles—whites and colors, she returned downstairs to the living room. She didn't like the idea of the kids sitting in front of the TV all day, it seemed a bit hypnotic.

"Who wants to go outside?"

Meera and Dhruv bounced on their feet yelling, "Me, me!"

"Ok, let's go take the jammies off."

The kids scurried upstairs and Bela followed behind. Meera quickly striped down to her underwear and began opening the drawers of her dresser. She pulled out a sparkly pink shirt and a pair of shorts.

"Not that shirt sweetie. How about you put this one to play outside?" Bela asked, lifting another shirt from the drawer.

"No! This one!" Meera exclaimed, clutching the shirt.

"You can't wear that one outside," Bela picked up a few more 'old' shirts and placed them on top of the bed. "You can wear any of these, but not thatone."

Meera scrunched her nose, her eyebrows knitted together, looking at her options on the bed. She slowly released the sparkly shirt, choosing a yellow one from the bed. "This one."

"Okay, good." Bela said, eyeing her choice. "I'll be right back."

Bela walked to Dhruv's room and proceeded to quickly dress him in a blue T-shirt and cargo shorts. She also grabbed his baseball cap and a pair of slip-on sneakers from the closet. She returned to Meera's room and found her kneeling on top of a chair, attempting to run a brush through her curls.

"Watch u doing there?"

"Brushing my hair jus' like you mamma."

Bela chuckled. "How about we put it up just like mommy's, uh?"

"'Kay, but can we use these?" Meera said, holding a few colorful glittersnap-clips in hand.

"Of course."

Bela tied Meera's hair in a ponytail and pinned the clips on her hair. "All set," Bela said, kissing her rosy cheeks. "C'mon now, let's go outside."

Bela opened the backyard door, letting them out into the bright sunny morning. They found their toys, and quickly became entertained with them. Bela sat back watching them play. Dhruv was more interested in digging holes, while Meera played on the swing set. It didn't take long for Meera to get bored and begin to chase after a ball left by the deck. Dhurv's attention quickly averted tot the bright object bouncing on the lawn.

"Mine! "Dhruv got up, wiping his dirt-covered hands on his shirt.

"No Dhruv, I found it first!"

"Muh ball!" He insisted.

"Is mine too!" Meera said, hiding the ball behind her back.

"Noo Meeera. Mine!" Dhruv said, walking hastily towards Meera.

"Hey, what is going on here?" Bela said, getting up from the chair. They both began talking simultaneously and Bela couldn't quite make-out what either of them was saying. "Okay, okay. Who took what?"

"Dhruv want my ball." Meera said clutching the ball tightly to her.

"Mine!"Dhruv yelled, bouncing stubbornly on his feet. Bela knew if Dhruv started the entire neighborhood would come see the child screaming murder.

"Stop that Dhruv," Bela reprimanded him.

"I had it first mamma!" Meera whined.

"Why don't we all play with the ball?" Bela said, taking the ball and tossing it over to Meera. "Now Meera, throw it to Dhruv." She complied and hurled it to Dhruv. Dhruv failed to catch and scurried to get it. "Now give the ball to mamma Dhruv." Dhruv held the ball over his head and tossed it to Bela. "Good."

Theyplayed outside just before the sun got too hot. Bela then prepared lunch and the kids ate, taking their time chewing while spending more time playing with it. After lunch, they helped her with the laundry. But before Bela knew it theywere slumped over the laundry baskets—exhausted. It was nap time. Dhruv quickly surrendered to sleep, but Meera fought it until her eyes became too heavy for her to keep them open.

Bela brought them upstairs and settled them on their bed, before resuming with the laundry. Once all socks were accounted for, she began folding and returning the clothes to their designated places. She hung all Mahir's button-down shirts, admiring the quantity already hanging in the closet. Aside from his work attire, Mahir didn't really own a variety clothes. But Bela was surprised to find t-shirts, she assumed were his, in her pajama drawer.

Bela returned downstairs and began to tidy the kitchen from lunchtime. As soon as everything was up to par, Bela decided to settle on the couch with a book she found on her nightstand. She'd been eyeing the book the entire week. The cover had a very fascinating graphic drawn. Bela sat with the book, until interrupted by the phone ringing.

"Hello?"

"Hey there. How's everything? The house still intact?"

"Everything is fine. The kids are napping right now."

"So, what have you guys been up too?"

"Well, the kids watched TV a little bit after you left. Then we went outside to play.I actually don't like them staring at that box the whole day." Bela heard Mahir chuckle on the other end of the line. "What is so funny?"

"Oh nothing… just… You were never a big fan of the television as a sitter. So, whatelse did you do?"

"We had lunch and they helped me with the laundry. After that they were pretty exhausted and have been napping for the past hour."

"I'm glad everything is going well. So, what have you been up to?"

"You know, not much…. Just hanging I guess. I was going…." Bela trailed off,"Hey there." Mahir heard her coo over the phone. "C'mere sweetie." He listened to the rustling on the phone, imagining Bela picking up Meera, still groggy from sleep. "Sorry," Bela continued, "Meera just got up."

"Oh ,it's ok!"

Bela overheard a voice on the other line ask, 'Why are you smiling?' Bela frowned at the familiarity of it. "Who's that?"

"Oh, that's our friend Vikrant."

She heard the same voice respond, 'I'm not your friend Mahir.' She smiled, somehow that didn't come across as an insult, at all. "Ok, I think I better let you go."

"Yep, someone needs to make the big bucks!"

"Alright Bela."

"Bye Mahir."

"ByeBela."

It wasn't long before Dhruv also woke up from his nap, his hair adorably tousled in a hundred different directions. Bela led them to the kitchen where she spread out some paint and paper to entertain them. She joined them in thefinger-painting fest, surprised at how relaxing it was. After many handprintslater and two children covered in paint, Bela decided it was time to hang their work on the fridge. They took out their old art and replaced with the freshly painted ones.

Shortly there after Bela heard the sound of keys fiddling with the door's lock. Mahir was home. Once the door opened the kids ran purposely towards him, jumping excitedly in his arms. She watched him pick them up and walk over to her. And there it was, the most anticipated moment of the day—his kiss. Mahir bent overjust enough so that his lips brushed slightly against her cheek. Bela felt the tingling sensation rise from the tip of her toes to the roots of her hair.

"How was your day?" Mahir asked, the kids clutching tightly to his neck.

"It was… um…" Bela tried desperately to escape the Mahir-induced fog. "It was good."

"See…told you." Mahir walked further, entering the living room and crashing down with the kids. They began climbing on him, pulling on his tie while he simply let them. Bela knew that Mahir reserved this time to spend with the kids. And the kids loved him for that.

Dinner and bath time followed, bath time going more smoothly since Bela discovered the versatility of their kitchen sink. Dhruv didn't quite fit inside, but it beats having him jumping and screaming murder in the tub. Mahir had found the idea comical, but seeing Dhruv's passive behavior as he bathed him, sold him on the idea. Mahir couldn't remember a time when he wasn't soaking wet after Dhruv's bath. So the last couple of nights had gone down in history.

Bed time followed, and before they knew it, Mahir and Bela were alone, sitting on the couch, listening to the drone of the television while their kids slept peacefully in their rooms. Bela fixated her gaze on the television. Her hair was trying to escape the bun on her head and one strap of her shirt hanged off her shoulder, exposing a bit of her skin. The image was so poignant, so powerful, that Mahir urgently needed to be near her, possibly touch her.

"Ahem,"he cleared his throat, picking up the book from the coffee table. "Are you reading this?"

"Yeah,I found it in my nightstand…"

"ohh okay" .. Mahir said,

Mahir let his head fall back, exhaling slowly. He stretched his arm out, snaking around Bela. "So…." He began hesitantly. "Vikrant's wedding is this weekend."

"I know…" Bela's demeanor diminished.

"Vikrant and Vish will be the only people you would know there."

"Yeah, but still…"

"It's going to be fun," he said inching closer to her. "Open bar."

Bela chuckled. "That doesn't faze me."

"Yeah, okay. Wait until you meet Mr. Cosmo."

Bela laughed, letting her head fall back. Mahir watched her, longing for her, aching to surrender to her. He missed her—her touch, her kiss, her fingers tangled in his hair. He inched even closer, wrapping his arms tighter around her, straightening the fallen strap on her shoulder. He placed his hands over her ears and tipped her head back, bringing his lips to meet hers. Their mouths moved slowly, deliberately—lingering, savoring each other. It wasn't desperate or urgent, it was a kiss born of long association. A kiss attained by years of experience. Mahir poured his heart into her, letting it speak words he couldn't utter.

When their lips parted, Bela slowly opened her eyes, her heart pounding against her chest. She was sure Mahir could hear its frantic thumping. His fingers slowly slid down her hair, teasing her neck, arms, and then tangling with hers.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that," Mahir said, weighing her silence.

"Me too," she concurred.

Mahir smiled, hiding the overwhelming desire to continue to kiss her. He wanted to take it slow and wait for her, but he wasn't perfect. So he did what anyone would do in his shoes—he kissed her again.

Edited by sarahgul - 4 years ago

Bache😍😍😍 

The chapter is amazing... But sarah....itne wait ke baad bas kiss?😭😂 

Jaldiiii update karna iss baar plejjj😜

Thank god you are back..and you brought our behir back with you💕💕💕!

Every update is like a breeze..a calm refreshing breeze that one never wants to get over.

Cant help but blush at bela's most anticipated moment of the day!

And the last scene was 🥰🤩.

Cant wait for the next update.

Loved the update

Continue soon pls

It was amazing ♥️😍

The last scene though 🙈 ❤️

Try to update soon please

Nice update dear 

Loved it

Time with kids was good

Update soon please 

Thanks 

Baby!!!! This is..  😍😍😍😍

I just loved this chapter... But why end at kiss? Oops I guess I know. He is Mahir. He will go slowly... Very slowly... And drive us all mad. 😒😒😒😒

But a really well written chapter. Over all good work. 

I want to give a longer review.... But you know why I can't... 

UPDATE SOON!!! 

Waiting....

It's a amazing story..

Can you please post it on wattpad too?

More audience can be able to read these amazing creation..

I am still waiting...

Please update 🥺🥺🥺♥️