Sitara is not working out: Shakti Anand - Page 2

Posted: 5 years ago
Author:  

Veteran actor Shakti Anand, who plays the role of lead character Yuvraj Viraj Singh's (Arhaan Behll) father, Raja Ratan Singh, in Colors fantasy show, Vish Ya Amrit: Sitara, is unhappy with the way his track and overall story is panning out.

"I was promised much more during narration, but it is just not working out. At this stage of my career, I am not ready to be just seen. Like any actor worth his salt, my character should be contributing to the overall action. There was much scope, given that the four vishkanyas are locked up in my palace dungeon.

Going on, he says, "The problem is not just related to my character alone; the story needs a major overhaul in quick time. You can't rely only on computer graphics. There also has to be strong underlying coherent drama. If I want to watch CG alone, I have better options in Game Of Thrones. Sadly, Shakti's previous supernatural show Mayavi Maling had also tanked.

Here Shakti, who has been part of hit shows like Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Saara Akaash, Bharat Ka Veer Putra Maharana Pratap, accepts the grapevine buzz that the channel is unhappy with the numbers of Sitara. "Obviously, we are not doing well. But he is not sure if the channel might pull the plug just yet, "For very soon the IPL and cricket World Cup will happen, and all channels will think twice before bringing in fresh content, at least till July. New projects, if any, will need to go on air latest by Feb.  Point out that the other supernatural show Tantra is also not doing well, he says, "Yes, with two back to back same genre shows, the challenge is to be different.

Here Shakti blames the mess on poor writing. "We actors can only deliver on given lines. It is quite sad that highly paid wordsmiths are not able to deliver.

So what do you plan to do? "Well, I have had a meeting with both, the channel and Pawanji (producer Rashmi Sharma's husband), and they have asked me to wait a bit. Accordingly, I will wait a few days and if things don't perk up, I will be forced to give them the requisite one month notice.

"One big issue for low ratings according to me is the confused state of the makers. On the one hand, you want a sensible show, and yet you also want the craziness of the poison women. This way you are slipping between 2 stools. Ideally, they should have gone completely over the top like Manmohini. Let's face it; such antics have a huge market.

I agree somehow. The story is not as gripping as it should. Plus, time slot is also not good.
He was right about the story. The storyline  should be very impressive,  and about timeslot, I think Nazar is giving good TRP  in 11pm slot. Sitara team can do better. 
I was really sad hearing the off air news. Any confirmation??  
They are being inconsistent about the story. Slow pace is also the problem. People are not not going to be hooked if you give story like shouting and shouting behind everything.
He's right about the story. The pace of the story is incredibly slow, shakti's character does nothing at all, the vishkanya story is not on a large and dramatic scale like with nazar, manmohini, naagin and daayan. All these shows have a far better and stronger story around the respective supernatural theme and try and go all out as much as they can, but sitara doesn't seem to let the vishkanya's do much outside that silly cave thing, and there are too many characters that aren't doing anything in the show.
He is right 
Firstly the creatives team lacks competency n efficiency with experience to deliver a good content to generate trps. 

Secondly the back story of vishkanyas was dissapointing I expected some amazing back story of vishkanyas n their revenge. 

Third the lovestory is too simple n straight ... They should bring new hero to give it a spicy twist of love triangle. 

Lastly boy n girl staying in one room n all family members r okay with was a wrong move like I mentioned it before too  

Sitara accepting to become slave bodyguard of Viraaj staying in one room 24/7 ... Raises questions whether she has any self respect being a girl or not ?