Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago
Originally posted by: astha36

When he does get some scenes, he does not prove himself a strong actor. That's just my opinion of course. And I didn't mean overambitious, just that I don't see how the king would be involved more than he is and so they should take someone less established maybe so he won't have a problem with standing around. 

Or they could cut some sitara falling in viraj's arms scenes and give him and the queen something to do from that time ðŸ˜›

@Bold- But he has barely been given any such scenes in this show to prove himself in the first place. That's my point. I've seen shakti anand in the historical show maharana pratap and he was fabulous there and completely shone. He proved his acting chops there, but that's because he was given good screen space and strong dialogues to actually perform. What's he given here to do, apart from nod in agreement to guruji? ðŸ˜†

An actor can't be blamed for not proving himself a strong actor when the actor is handed a script where they barely have any screen space or minimal dialogues. I can't name a single significant scene that was given to shakti in this show till date. I'm not some big fan of his to be defending shakti's statements, but I am familiar with this previous work at least to be able to know he is a good actor and his complaint is justified.

Like you said, clearly these writer's knew beforehand that the king wouldn't have much to do in this show, so why did they sought after casting shakti for the role in the first place instead of a lesser known and experienced actor whom they knew would have less negotiating power to complain about limited screen space? Doesn't that make shakti's complaints about screen space and being given nothing to do justified? I've seen such interviews before where actor's were promised one thing in return of either their character being completely changed from positive to negative even when the actor didn't want to play a negative role (they didn't sign up for negative in the first place so they do have a right to object), or their screen space was not as what was promised, especially cases where production houses barely even utilised the actor's allotted hours so the actor is kept waiting at home/ sets for hours waiting for when they get to shoot, only to be left disappointed.

In my opinion, there isn't a lot of that romance anyways and unlike many other shows where they do tons of couple eyelocks and fall-catch scenes (Like shit KB on zee), this show doesn't over-do that, however too much of the screen space is given to guruji walking around showing off that weird staff in his hand (way too much screen space is given to this man) and vishkanya's saying the same dialogue of revenge over and over again from their cave. I'm not happy with the way the vishkanya's were utilised in this show, or characters like guruji being given most of the screen space. 
astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: sammy17

@Bold- But he has barely been given any such scenes in this show to prove himself in the first place. That's my point. I've seen shakti anand in the historical show maharana pratap and he was fabulous there and completely shone. He proved his acting chops there, but that's because he was given good screen space and strong dialogues to actually perform. What's he given here to do, apart from nod in agreement to guruji?  😆

An actor can't be blamed for not proving himself a strong actor when the actor is handed a script where they barely have any screen space or minimal dialogues. I can't name a single significant scene that was given to shakti in this show till date. I'm not some big fan of his to be defending shakti's statements, but I am familiar with this previous work at least to be able to know he is a good actor and his complaint is justified.

Like you said, clearly these writer's knew beforehand that the king wouldn't have much to do in this show, so why did they sought after casting shakti for the role in the first place instead of a lesser known and experienced actor whom they knew would have less negotiating power to complain about limited screen space? Doesn't that make shakti's complaints about screen space and being given nothing to do justified? I've seen such interviews before where actor's were promised one thing in return of either their character being completely changed from positive to negative even when the actor didn't want to play a negative role (they didn't sign up for negative in the first place so they do have a right to object), or their screen space was not as what was promised, especially cases where production houses barely even utilised the actor's allotted hours so the actor is kept waiting at home/ sets for hours waiting for when they get to shoot, only to be left disappointed.

In my opinion, there isn't a lot of that romance anyways and unlike many other shows where they do tons of couple eyelocks and fall-catch scenes (Like shit KB on zee), this show doesn't over-do that, however too much of the screen space is given to guruji walking around showing off that weird staff in his hand (way too much screen space is given to this man) and vishkanya's saying the same dialogue of revenge over and over again from their cave. I'm not happy with the way the vishkanya's were utilised in this show, or characters like guruji being given most of the screen space. 

I have not written anywhere that Shakti's complaints are unjust. If he wants more screen space or was promised to him, he should protest of course. I was giving my opinion on the story and how I don't think the king has much to do here.

About his acting, he got that sequence where viraaj was poisoned and he went to vishkanyas and cried etc. I'm talking about it because that was pretty significant but he acted weakly. But even in normal scenes, a good actor acts well and if you can't do normal scenes properly then you're weak anyway. He can't do normal scenes properly and I find him an extremely weak and wooden actor. I have not seen the show you're talking about but I saw kabhi Saad bhi kabhi bahu this and he was just as terrible then as he is now. My opinion and I respect yours. 
ksever thumbnail
Yes story and show should be a little bit pacy 
It needs some changes 
jhalak7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
I agree about the story. Still there is no connection between all the characters. They just appear and go...just like he mentioned "seen". So where's the story of these characters? 
nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I also feel there is no engagement. Something enough to keep us interested.
TinkiGogoi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
At present,story is going great.The sudden twist and turn is making it more enjoyable and interesting.I hope trp will be better with the current track.